City of Dreams

By vstarlove7

This is the second book in continuation of my previous book Kailash. Please read the first one to connect wit... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.

8.

1.2K 220 57
By vstarlove7

Try not to resist the changes that come your way. Instead let life live through you. And do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come? Let us choose one another as companions! Let us sit at each other's feet! Inwardly we have many harmonies – think not, that we are only what we see.

                          ***

Snuggling up in someone's arms and falling asleep is one of the best feelings in the world. You fall asleep fast and sleep easy. Even better than falling asleep beside someone is the feeling of waking up next to them too. That feeling of safety, security, and love is unmatchable.

It was 4:10am when Shehnaaz opened her eyes. She could feel Sidharth spooning her from behind. His chin above her head and legs sprawled over her waist and arms around her chest and neck, sans the sheet which would usually cover her up even in mid of summer. She did not miss that today morning as he was playing its part completely covering her up from behind.

With a smile on her face, she gave a peck on his arms and tried to turn her face to see his face. He flinched and clattered his teeth bringing her closer to him in a tight grip.

She tried to loosen his grip and make a space for her to sneak out for her morning call when he muttered in a heavy voice, "So jaa"

"Bathroom jana hain" she whispered turning towards him to have a glimpse.

His grip loosened and turned on his side stretching in his stomach taking the whole bed. She was quick to get out of bed figuring his comfortable position to sleep. She wondered when did he come and sleep with her at night! With that thought she hastened her steps to the restroom and quickly completed her morning routine. Freshly showered she gave a glance to the clock, 4:50... She gave a knock at Karou's door. He was quick to open the door and gave her a nod.

She arranged the harmonium and some warm water beside her on the living room floor above a mat and started her voice training. Even with the door completely shut Sidharth could hear her sweet voice, giving a soft smile even while sleeping. Though her absence woke him up from a deep sleep, her voice was again drifting him back to a deep slumber.

Karou and Shehnaaz took extra time for their riyaz today, almost two hours to be precise! It had been a few days since they had missed their join voice training session. Today was also audition day for them both for a big music company searching new lead singers for a big budget movie by a renowned movie director.

Sidharth around 6am joined them both and laid down on the couch watching them both signing the alaap and alankars. Shehnaaz in harmonium and Karou in a digital device which played like Tabla and sometimes like a Tanpura.

He could see how dedicated they were to their practice session. The hard work that they displayed motivated him as well. He too planned his schedule to sync with hers - gym, auditions, shows, whatever comes his way he decided to play along without any complaints and tantrums. He pinged a message to Kaushik with that thought.

Shehnaaz ignored his presence throughout. From the corner of her eyes, she could see his movement and she knew he was enjoying the session. His relaxed posture, closed eyes, tapping of fingers and subconsciously jiggling of legs proved his concentration. Karou on the other hand was giving him all his admiration. He was playing his part of a proper host, asking him for tea in between his riyaz, while Shehnaaz giving him an angry look.

"Tappad khayega tu kuttey... tameez se bait jaa"

"Kya hain Naaz... ho gaya na aaj ka... bas... do gantey se kar rahe hain practice. Bhook lagi hain ab. Chai bana raha huin main, tu kuch breakfast bana de yaar! Sid you wanna have tea or coffee?" wrapping up the device neatly, Karou asked.

"Tea, please!" he replied sitting up.

"Isse pooch yeh kyun aaya yahan?" she asked Karou, picking the harmonium and walking to her room.

"Direct mujhse hi pooch le..." Sidharth walked behind her giving a wink and sneer to Karou who giggled watching the persiflage between them.

"Tum konsa mujhe reply dogey. Dekha na kal maine... hughhh"

He hugged her from behind when she kept the instrument in the table.

"I called you, but you went to sleep I guess!" pecking her cheek he distracted her from the conversation.

"You called, kab?" Coming out of his hold she went towards the charging unit to fetch her phone.

"Wahan rakha hain" he pointed her to the side table.

"Oh! I missed your call... and the message too!" she gasped, wondering how that happened. She sat down reading his message and message from Baaz and mom.

He was quick to lay down on his side of the bed with both arms under his head holding it.

"I am still mad at you... you ignored me, my message, my calls. I was so worried... Baath mat karo mujhse..." pouting she showed her lividness.

"I am sorry na baba... bola na message main bhi tujhe... meri baby mujhse baath nahi karegi? Dekh tujhe manane tere ghar tak aa gaya. Yahin apna dera laga lu? Tere baapu se bhi mil lunga!" he snickered grabbing her waist and laying down on her lap.

"Hayee tumhe majak sujh raha hain. I am so nervous thinking about my Papa's arrival here. That's why I missed your call and message. I was busy cleaning the home and unpacking my luggage. Dekho house is so tichh now..."

"Hmmm..."  he glanced around with his head elevated on his arm.

"Chai garam chai..." Karou yelled from outside, not wanting to barge in the room and intrude in their privacy.

"Karou andar aaja, we will drink here" Sidharth called out laying down on his side again.

He was quick to walk inside and kept the tray of tea, some cookies and rusk in the bed and settled down in the bed near Sidharth's leg as Shehnaaz was sitting near his torso.

"Tumhe kaisa pata Papa ke baare main?" she asked surprised.

"Maine bola" Karou replied dipping the rusk in tea and munching it in a swift.

"Bhookad... aram se kha." She commented on sipping hot tea.

"Tum dono ka ho gaya or do you need a jockey for position?" he beamed teasing them.

"Hogaya hogaya... yaad mat dila phir se isko!" Sidharth yawped at him.

"Kya plan hain aaj ka... woh bol" he changed the topic before she had any more mood swing.

"Papa shayad late night hi aayenge. Aaj hamara audition hain at 10... then mom ne bulaya hain for lunch, then must come back and make Kadi-Chawal and wait for Papa ji" she recited in a fast pace.

"Aur main kahan huin iss list main, madam?" Sidharth questioned, seeming disappointed.

She knew he needed her attention and her proximity maybe due to his insecurity of losing a closed one. He was still fresh from the scar and just a few days of them together won't fade that trauma straightaway, also will not give the confidence and trust that she had in him. She wondered how to give that confidence to him and how she was able to have that this quick and not him! Maybe she needs to work more on her ability to gain his trust.

Some group of people who gain trust easily may be genuinely merited lot, having capabilities of independent handling of matters skillfully. They are capable and knowledgeable. They exude confidence and assurance. Of course, stating the obvious, every person comes from different backgrounds and different personal experiences, childhood scars, and drama. Now trying to earn the trust of someone can be super easy and can be impossible too. Sidharth being a public figure was easy to earn this, but she was someone he had known for a few weeks. Maybe giving more time along with enough interactions and experience will establish him to be in a position of have the same feelings that she had.

"You will be playing Mr. India, the invisible superhero all the time with me."

"Matlab?"

"Meri driver giri karo, sab jagah le jao and mere saath raho full day. Tumhe shauk than na... kal poora din barbaad kar diya, for this reason! Hughh...  Phir mujhe mat blame karna agar kal ke Newpaper headlines main aaye.. 'Sidharth Sharma baney Driver apni girlfriend ke'." With hand cranked up and fingers in L shape she exhibited the actions, mimicking in a heavy journalistic voice.

"Abbey ye..." he gave a subtle hit in her head, smiling wide, imagining spending the whole day with her.

"Will I get a ride too? Please!" Karou pitched in wondering if he could avoid the train ride.

"Of course, mere bhai... tujhe kaise dar dar ke tokar khane chod de?" giggling she hopped out of bed grabbed the tray and said, "Kanda Poha banau... chalega?" she asked while walking and turning back for the reply.

"Daudega... with lots of Aloo... and Peanuts... Bas ek hi cheez achi hain iski, she can make some mind-blowing food man!" Karou beamed getting out of the bed leaving Sidharth alone in the bed just giving a nod with smile in approval.

"Acha, kuttey maar khayega... bas yehi ek cheez achi hain..." with a banter they both exited out of the room, still a feeble voice of them audible to his ears. Sidharth took his phone out and called his mom to talk about his visit to Shehnaaz's place as he sneaked out of the home at night without informing her as she was fast asleep. He also called Kaushik to know his schedule for the day, to accommodate with Shehnaaz's.

After having a hearty, cheerful breakfast they both got some stolen moments for themselves in her room when Karou went for shower. This time Shehnaaz had no complains about his long shower visits rather was happy of this habit of his.

We touch within each journey,
Until we find our whole;
Each lifetime just a search in parts
Of us in one and all.
I see you here, I feel you there,
I've held each part of you,
But haven't fully found
The true and whole of you,
So I will keep on searching
In each feeling that is found;
Finding parts of you and me
In every soul around,
Till one day you're there
Stood in front of me,
Complete and loved as one
For all eternity.

"How are you planning to introduce me to your dad?" laid on the bed sweaty and half-dressed and Shehnaaz above him drained and exhausted he breathed caressing her long tresses.

She had that thought since the time she heard of her dad visiting her, but nothing was clicking on her mind. Supporting her chin on his chest and unwrapping her arms from his torso she flicked her hair and looked at him and wondered, "Pata nahi, kuch plan nahi kiya. I think just come here tomorrow in the morning and we will just go with the flow."

"Hmm.. okay. Waise I hope he is not that rigid, khadoos type father"

"Nahi, he is a softy... He will love you instantly and you will also like him. I am positive about that"

Getting up from above him she walked towards her neatly kept Armoire and grabbed fresh clothes and changed to a pair of jeans and a red top. He was observing her and admiring her throughout. She did not display any apprehensions while carrying out the dress change course.

"Tujhpe itna pyaar kyun aata hain" he blushed and asked her.

"Bas aata hain, main huin hi pyaar karne wali cheez." Giving a chessy blushed smile she combed her hair.

"Ab uto... time ho gaya, we need to leave. Woh bhi ready ho gaya hoga. Chalo jaldi..." applying little kajal and pink lipstick she gave showed him her wide eyes and like an obedient listener he changed his clothes to the one he was already wearing and walked towards her, grabbed her comb, and adjusted his hair.

"Perfume or Deo hain?" he asked.

"Mere paas girl waley hain... wait I will get it from Karou's room." She ran down to his room where Karou was wearing his shoes and borrowed his deo and perfume both.

"Tumhare liye kuch basic necessary things shop kar lungi for days like this" she offered.

He gave her an uncertain nod without a word spoken, but his mind was not quiet... We will see it said

Before they could reach his car, Mrs. Shinde who went for a morning walk with Mrs. Patil stopped Shehnaaz and was curious about the man accompanying her. "Shehnaaz, tera boyfriend hain? Kal subah bhi dekha aur aaj bhi! Bilkul hero mafik lagta hain... very lucky you are rich and handsome ladke ko phaas liya... smart girl" drooling on Sidharth and his muscles, who walked to car and sat down in driver seat with Karou next to him, they gave a provoking comment.

"Namaste aunty ji, haan mera boyfriend hain... soon to be husband too... Papa aa rahe hain aaj humara rista tai karne... Waise rich and beautiful toh main bhi huin... so that makes him too a smart man. Right aunty..." she mocked them equally.

"Burra mat maan beta Shinde Bhabhi ka. Aap bhi na Bhabhi kuch bhi bolthey ho. Waise aaj bahut dino baad tera aur tere bhai ka gaana sunn ke bahut acha laga. Teri meeti awaaz se hi toh hum sab ka morning suru hota hain iss apartment main. Bahut miss karengey tujhe hum." Mrs Patil remarked.

Giving them her goodbye, she ran to the car and sat down in the back seat.

"Bahut late ho gaye... Sidharth will we make in time? It is a very important audition! Mujhe bahut tension ho rahi hain! Karou, kuttey tu kaisa itna chill hain"  biting her nails she gave a hard slap on Karou's shoulder.

"Kamini... kitni zor ke maara tuney. Mujhe bhi tension ho rahi hain par dikhata nahi huin. Take a chill pill man! Yo man... relax man.."

"Lo.. surru ho gaya iska.. yo man.. yu man.. iska matlab ki yeh bhi tension main hain. Tu chinta mat kar.. phod denge hum yeh audition aur director ko humme lead singers bannaney ke alawa aur koi option nahi denge... haina Sidharth."

"Hmm.. Kon hain director?" he inquired.

"Karan Joshi"

"Wow, cool... all the best guys. Kill the stage and rock it. Your hard work will not go wasted. I am sure about that" he gave them some motivation.

"Tumhara kya plan hain?" she asked.

"I have few meetings, Kaushik ne bheja hain schedule. I will be done soon. How long is your audition?"

"12 max, I think, it will get over.... I will call you and then we can go to for lunch, mom se promise kiya tha that I will visit her today. Karou you also join with us. You will become her fan" she added.

"Nahi aaj nahi, next time I will come. I have a lunch date with Swapna today. Usse milna hi nahi hua mera yahan aane ke baad."

"Girlfriend?" Sidharth asked curiously.

"Haan, girlfriend hain iski..." Shehnaaz giggled getting coy and gave him ideas for the restaurants he can take her and what not!

Sidharth looking at the road, thought, how precious is the time that is spent with family and friends. He missed this all-last year when he was mourning in his own slump. He made a point that from this moment every minute he will enjoy and savor with his loved ones.

A great way to sort one's life and resolve their issues is to spend time with family, friends, people who love, care about you and limit the amount of time one spends isolating themselves. If you refuse to be vulnerable around them, you will never be able to get to the bottom of the situation with a close end. If one has decided that they don't want to open around their family, that okay too. But it's important to remember that people can only change if you give them a chance.

________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the next chapter. My apologies for late update. I am fit and fine now. Little bit exhausted but coping up well.

Please Vote and Comment, my lovelies. 💛💛💛

Love you and remember health is wealth!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 12.7K 35
⚠️UNEDITED⚠️ Sidharth is a VAMPIRE 🦇.His ex-girlfriend made him human to vampire. He regret falling in love for Sonia his ex-girlfriend. He start st...
83.2K 5.2K 35
Thinking of an arrange marriage movie? Then my fav is Vivaah.. With the authenticity Poonam had combined with the craziness of Prem.. What will happe...
110K 10.3K 17
This story is based on the most popular tv show "Biggboss14" where two beautiful souls gonna meet to form "Doh jism Ek jaan " where destiny is gonna...
639K 62.9K 69
This story is about a twenty five year old young doctor who feels adoration , fondness and love towards a bollywood star she keeps sending him gifts...