Saikyō || 最強

By shiiranai

"ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ..." sᴀᴛᴏʀᴜ sɴᴀᴛᴄʜᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴜʀsᴇᴅ ᴅᴏʟʟ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴍʏ ʜᴀɴᴅ, ᴄʀᴜsʜɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜɪs ᴄᴜʀsᴇᴅ... More

𝙷𝚒𝚒𝚛𝚊'𝚜 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜
1 - 𝙰 𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚎-𝚑𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝙼𝚎𝚗𝚊𝚌𝚎
2 - 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚎
3 - 𝚂𝚊𝚕𝚖𝚘𝚗 & 𝙱𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚘 𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜
4 - 𝚂𝚊𝚏𝚎 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚖
5 - 𝚂𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚗'𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚋𝚢𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚑
6 - 𝙰𝚍𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝙾𝚗𝚎𝚜
7 - 𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙱𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚜
8 - 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜
9 - 𝚃𝚛𝚒𝚙𝚜 & 𝚃𝚘𝚔𝚢𝚘
10 - 𝙻𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝙶𝚘𝚓𝚘
11 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗
12 - 𝚂𝚌𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚁𝚎𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚘𝚗
13 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍
14 - 𝚂𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜
15 - 𝙰 𝙽𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝙸𝚝
16 - 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎
17 - 𝙲𝚑𝚘𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚜 𝙼𝚊𝚍𝚎
18 - 𝙲𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙲𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚖𝚜
19 - 𝙴𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜
20 - 𝙼𝚊𝚢 𝚋𝚎
21 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚘𝚘𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝙳𝚘𝚞𝚋𝚝𝚜
22 - 𝙵𝚕𝚒𝚙 𝚊 𝙲𝚘𝚒𝚗
𝙹𝚞𝚓𝚞 𝚂𝚊𝚗𝚙𝚘: 𝙳𝚊𝚍𝚍𝚢 𝚂𝚞𝚔𝚞𝚗𝚊
23 - 𝙲𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚜 & 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚜
24 - 𝚂𝚗𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙵𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚜
25 - 𝙰𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚜
26 - 𝙾𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚠
27 - 𝙰 𝚂𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝙼𝚊𝚕𝚏𝚞𝚗𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗
28 - 𝚂𝚎𝚝 𝚒𝚗 𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎
29 - 𝙿𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚅𝚒𝚎𝚠
30 - 𝚆𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚒𝚗 𝚃𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜
31 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚄𝚗𝚜𝚙𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗
32 - 𝙸𝚗 𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝙷𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚢
33 - 𝙷𝚒𝚜 𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚎 𝙵𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜
33.5 - 𝚁𝚎𝚍
35 - 𝙸𝚕𝚕𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜
𝙷𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚗 𝙵𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚜: 𝙼𝚒𝚞𝚛𝚊 𝙲𝚑𝚒𝚢𝚘
36 - 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚝
37 - 𝙰𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗
38 - 𝙱𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚝 𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚐𝚎𝚜
39 - 𝚁𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚘𝚗 𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎
40 - 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟼
𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎
‎ 𝙷𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚗 𝙵𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚜: 𝙸𝚗𝚜𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎
呪縛 || 𝙽𝚘𝚛𝚘𝚒 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎
𝙾𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚕𝚎𝚜: 𝙼𝚎𝚘𝚠
𝙼𝚒𝚞𝚛𝚊 𝙲𝚑𝚒𝚢𝚘 (𝙼𝚎𝚘𝚠 𝚙𝚝. 𝟸)

34 - 𝙱𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚅𝚘𝚠

13.3K 605 630
By shiiranai

┌─────────❍─────────┐

"If you can't trust my words,
will a binding vow do?"

└─────────❍─────────┘

The cold, gloomy weather only contributed to the loneliness I was feeling as I sat in front of my best friend's grave, smiling only to comfort myself and remind
me that she must be in a better place now.

I miss the times we spent before all these happened.

"Oh. I forgot to mention a while ago, but Satoru and I are in that kind of relationship already," I broke the news with a small chuckle. "Thank you for encouraging us."

A dark blue bird with black feather-tips landed on top of her grave, chirping and tilting its head.

Look at this mischievous girl still sending her messages.

"I miss you so much, Yume-chan."

"Are you talking to a bird?," a young, inquisitive voice appeared out of nowhere.

I turned to the owner of the voice, feeling oddly on-guard since I didn't detect her cursed energy as she approached. It was a little girl with moss-colored hair, donning a yukata of old fabric and faded colors.

"Yeah," I grinned, still keeping my eyes on the bird.

"You are weird, Onee-san." The girl frowned.

"I am." Mischief started bubbling in. "I also eat children for dinner."

"No way," the girl snorted. She plopped down on the grass and smiled at the gray skies. "If you do, you should've gobbled us up when you rescued us."

"Yeah, no. I cook them before eati- wait, what?" My head instantly whipped to her direction. A green-haired girl who had strong aura and undoubtedly determined eyes.

She must be one of the children we saved from that damned cult.

"My name is Maki," she introduced with confidence brimming her bright tone. Her palm rested on her chest as if she was gesturing towards herself.

The playful and sarcastic smile I had on my lips was replaced by a surprised gasp. "I'm (F/n)."

"Is that your clan name?"

Clan name, huh? So she's from a sorcerer family, too.

"No. I don't exactly have a clan for now," I replied, trying to suppress my laughter when I imagined what kind of expression Satoru would make if he heard this. "How about you? I don't think Maki is your clan name. Or is it?"

"I don't have a clan!," she huffed, crossing her arms together. "The boys keep saying things I don't understand. It's annoying. And my cousin is a... he's really annoying!"

Cute.

"You shouldn't get into a fight with your cousins," I lectured vaguely despite knowing children in clans usually had this problem. Mine was no exception. Look at what that good Toshiro did.

"But they keep saying girls can't and shouldn't do this and that. It's annoying," Maki grumbled.

"I think I know someone who's exactly like that," I winked at her. "They suck."

Take the idiot Naoya and that damned Toshiro as Exhibit A.

"Yeah," she pouted, sitting up and resting her chin on her knees. "Onee-san. Can you teach me the moves you did last time? You said you weren't using curse energy."

I raised her a questioning brow. "Are you training to be jujutsu sorcerer?"

Maki shook her head, her gaze fixated on the grass. "I can't see curses so it's no use."

The soft breeze teased the silence between us. Initially, I thought I heard wrong, but asking her to repeat it sounded disrespectful, so I kept my words in and thought deeply.

Maki seemed mature and tactical for kids her age. Maybe even more than me back then. And yet, she had no sense for cursed energy.

While there were gifted sorcerers like those special grades, there were also those with heavenly restrictions. The main example was Zenin Toji, the man who killed Amanai and Kuroi.

The girl bowed at me rather stiffly, but her face was hardened with determination. "Please, teach me."

Mentoring a young kid was not in my plans at all, but the look in her eyes reminded me of how Nanami used to plead with me for help. So he could protect people important to him, especially Haibara.

Maybe the basics would do, only enough so she could defend herself...

I patted her head and smiled. "Alright, but promise you won't use whatever I teach you for anything bad?"

"I promise, sensei!"

"I am not your sensei."

"Onee-san, then!"

"You're so enthusiastic, huh?"

"I admire you, (F/n)-nee-san," Maki grinned toothily.

Cute little troublemaker.

I stood up, lending a hand to help her. The skies seemed to have brightened already which was favorable for a first day of class with little Maki.

The girl reminded me of Toge, another feisty small bean. "Alright, the first thing you need to know is..."

──❍──

"I can... I can still go on," the drowsy child mumbled as her head dropped to my lap. "So I can help Mai. I don't want her to be scared of curses anymore."

Eh?

"So Mai-chan sees curses?"

Maki forced her sleepy eyes to open. She nodded, her stare turning blank again before letting out another yawn. "She's afraid of them so I want to protect her."

"You're a good sister, Maki-chan," I stated while caressing her head. "Keep watching over her, okay?"

"Hai," she softly whispered. "I'm sleepy, Onee-san. I think I have to go home now."

"Can you go by yourself? I'll come with you if you want."

She sat up, rubbing her eyes. "It's fine. They might get mad at me for inconveniencing others. When will I see you again, onee-san?"

"Hmm... I visit here at least once a week or whenever I feel like it. I usually come on Saturday afternoons," I informed, taking her question quite lightly. It was unlikely for children to get this fixated on something as tiring as training. Well, unless her situation was that bad and she had no other choice but train to get stronger.

Sounds just like me, huh...

"Then, I will be here!"

"Get home safely, Maki-chan." I waved goodbye and watched over the little girl as she walked down the road and disappeared from my line of sight.

"Who is she?"

My fight or flight instinct instantly kicked in when I heard a familiar voice ask. Shivers traveled down my spine as the unforeseen presence made its way behind me.

"Just a passing kid," I responded, hiding my panic under a calm indifferent tone. I panned my body to the direction of the newcomer, meeting eye to eye with an upperclassman from Kyoto. "What are you doing here, Miura senpai? I didn't know you'd be visiting Tokyo."

"Can't I visit my favorite kouhai anymore?," Miura chuckled. "I heard the higher ups are evaluating your performance and are considering you a potential grade 1 sorcerer. Just seeing if I can help with that."

Sure enough, Miura was the best person to ask for help from. He had always been a dependable senior since my first year and a grade 1 sorcerer himself too, but weirdly enough, I couldn't warm up to him right now. As if something was holding me back.

"Oh, right." I ran my chilly palms along my arms, trying to get rid of this uncanny feeling. "Thank you, senpai."

"Always welcome, kouhai-chan," he grinned.

But then, Miura's head snapped to the open surroundings. His irises constricted in a matter similar to a cat's in the presence of a prey. The reaction urged me to follow his movements instinctively, scanning the area in question. "What's-"

My question was cut short when my upperclassman let out a sharp sigh. The friendly expression he had on was quickly replaced by a vigilant one. Miura snatched me by the wrist and pulled me to the opposite direction. "Come with me."

A sudden chill crawled from the parts where our skin met, sending jolts of shivers down my spine. It was almost as if a cold bucket over water was dumped all over me.

Freezing cold— a familiar bodily reaction I had only encountered from one person.

My head whipped to the direction of Yume's grave, finding a black shadow looming over the stone. It had no exact shape and its only noticeable feature was the two blue orbs floating within the top part of the blob.

My eyes sought Miura's for confirmation, only to find a corpse staring back at me. My whole body froze, mind trying to process what was happening. I had faced countless curses before, but it was rare for them to take the image of a human.

"W-what..."

The corpse stood still, waiting for a movement from me as its lips drew upwards. It revealed a taunting smile, more teeth coming to view as it preyed on my fear. Greyish skull protruded from its rotting flesh, starting from less than a half of its left face. White, squirming maggots making their way out of the tears and edges of the cyanotic skin.

With its full white eyes and mouth hanging wide open, the corpse moved closer, letting his long tongue out. Leaning in...

Like a paralyzing nightmare, I could not find my strength to pull back. Panicked whimpers only started to fill my chest to the point it was suffocating. But my efforts were all in vain when the creature, unaffected, continued to indulge in my fear. It leaned in and even more until the tip of its calloused and slobbery tongue made contact with my cheek.

"(F/n)!!"

My eyes instantly shot open, giving birth to light and letting another image form from what's in front of me. It was Miura, unscathed but looking extremely worried.

Just when I thought that was all of it, the black shadow emerged from behind him. It engulfed him whole with so much hostility within its presence. Judging by the shadow's sharp movements, it was on a rampage.

But then, Miura seemed unaware of everything happening.

"Are you okay now?," he carefully reached out. Instinctively, my body flinched and moved away from his touch. "Sorry, I won't touch you. But have you calmed down?"

"Liar," the winds whispered.

Miura's eyes widened as he scanned the trees once again. His hand clamped tightly on mine. "(F/n), listen to me. We need to go. Now."

"Liar!"

The shadow hissed at me, occupying the distance between Miura and I as if it wanted me to stop talking to him. A part of me believed its anger wasn't directed to me nor did it pose any danger for me. But why?

Panic rose to my chest as I yanked my hand back. "Senpai, please don't touch me."

He didn't speak and just continued pulling me away from Yume's grave. My sense of danger heightened as the comfort of being near Yume was taken away by this person.

"Stop it! Where are you taking me?"

"Just come with me and stop talking for a while!," Miura snapped, his fingers gripping against my skin.

No... This is dangerous.

"Let me go!" I faced him with my feet glued to the ground, not willing to budge. "You can't just go around dragging someone!"

"Damn it," Miura sighed, grabbing my chin with one hand. His force was calculated, enough to demand my attention without hurting me. He forced me to look at him, grey eyes locking with mine as swirls of silver formed a spiral in his irises. The beautiful and subtle movements made me stop and stare.

I couldn't look away.

"Phantom Illusion Technique: Screen."

Shit!

A dull-colored veil formed over the two of us, separating us from the outside domain. That was when it hit me. The only clue that Sena found during the investigation of the cult incident and Yume's death...

The journal's content being the mechanisms of illusion techniques.

Why and how he always knew where I was, when to come save me, and how to make me believe that they were all just a series of beautifully-timed coincidences.

It was all him.

I inwardly reprimanded myself and my carelessness, failing to realize the case sooner. A disbelieving smirk morphed with my features. "Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?" Miura's face was marred with confusion. He slowly tilted his head to a side and shot me a disturbed look

"The whole cult incident. You knew about it, didn't you?"

"(F/n)..." Miura stared back at me, wide-eyed. His hands began to tremble, his gaze getting unfocused and distressed. "How did you..."

I knew the docile act would only make hating him harder, so I just wished for him to give in and own up for the things he did. But deep inside, I wished I was also mistaken. "The reason why Yume's spirit is agitated is because you are near, isn't it?"

"Wait." Miura took a step back and examined my face. His tone suddenly turned serious. "You sense her? Can you talk to her? Can you do it right now?"

"Keep Yume out of whatever your plans are," I snarled, prying his fingers off my wrist one by one. "And let me go for fuck's sake!"

"No, wait. You need to–"

"Domain Expansion: Siren's Labyrinth."

Miura cursed under his breath as the screen he erected was replaced with a mirage of dark waters. The muffled sound of waves calmed my nerves, reminding me that it was my own territory.

How could he ask me to talk to Yume in this situation?

"Stop this, now!," Miura ordered in a more demanding tone. "Listen to me first. I have no time to deal with jokes."

"A joke?"

So this was a joke for him?

"I'm running out of time, goddammit!," he cursed.

Miura folded his thumb and little finger together, holding only the middle three up and signing them forward, towards his line of sight, before muttering a statement I've yet to hear from him until now.

"Domain Expansion: Mirage Asylum."

In a snap, my domain was overpowered. The dark waters were replaced by a union of bright and bold colors. Different wavelengths overlapped, creating a nauseating illusion.

"Close your eyes, (F/n). Just calm down." He could overpower my cursed energy without trying so hard.

He is actually this strong?

Knowing I'd be in danger at that rate, I quickly closed my eyes. His illusions were useless if I couldn't see them, but it would also put me in a disadvantage if he attacked while I had no sense of sight.

"Fucking hell," he grunted. "I'll deactivate my domain but you have to promise not to run away. This whole shit is driving me insane already!"

"Why are you the one mad at me?!," I spat out in sarcasm.

"I'm not mad at you," he sighed, adjusting his tone. "I'm mad because you don't trust me enough and you're doubting me like... heck. We don't have time for this."

I slowly opened my eyes, keeping my sight straight to him to prevent getting caught up in his domain's mind-wrecking illusions. His alarmingly darkened orbs glared back at me. "You betrayed us."

"I'll seriously tie you up and feed you to my shikigami if you don't shut up about that betrayal thing," Miura responded while massaging his temples. "Look. I don't know what you've heard, but I never betrayed you. I would never."

Why should I believe him?

"But Yume-"

"A binding vow." He looked straight to my eyes. "Let's make one for our fucking selves 'cause I don't get why my favorite kouhai is suddenly accusing me of betrayal."

A binding vow?

If we make one and he betrays me, then he would die.

But his eyes held no hint of hesitation, only that of urgency.

"I had never and will never betray you." Miura held out his hand, offering to seal the binding vow.

"What do you want in return?," I reluctantly asked. A binding vow was a two-way contract which meant I also had to do something for him in return.

"I need you to protect Kaede."

Gojo Kaede? Satoru's older cousin?

"Are... are you two lovers?"

Miura was quick to deny, shaking his hand in front of him. He suddenly deactivated his domain, still offering a handshake.

"She's my brother's lover."

"Where is your brother, then? Shouldn't he protect her himself?," I asked, taking his hand and sealing the vow.

Miura placed a finger over his lips before casting another illusion over us. "Phantom Illusion Technique: Screen."

I was about to ask why when he covered my mouth and scanned the surroundings intently. The change of atmosphere heightened my senses, especially that of danger.

After a few seconds of silence, a car parked few meters from our position. I was about to move when Miura held my wrist tighter.

"Don't move or the screen will deactivate. They can't see or sense us for now," he whispered.

Four men emerged from the car, one being a familiar face.

"Where's the cursed speech user?," a man who I assumed was in his mid- twenties asked. "Find her and bring her here."

I slowly leaned a bit closer to get a better look while Miura kept his guard attentively.

"Senpai," I whispered back. "Isn't that your older brother?"

"Yeah," he replied in a low monotonous tone.

"Does he...have an illusion technique, too?," I verified.

I could feel him nod from behind me. "Yes, but more like a brainwashing one. I suspect he's behind the recent cult incidents, but I don't have enough proof. Only that he was frequenting the Zenins and your former clan."

The air was thick with tension as we watched the other men look around for any traces of me. "Then, does Kaede know about this?"

"No," Miura answered. "I've looked into it, but I found her innocent."

I don't get it.

Why would his brother team up with the Zenin and Inumaki when they weren't in the best terms? "But he's your older brother, why would he?"

"He went missing after the day of the annual clan gathering and now, he's been acting differently," Miura narrated. "I don't think it's my older brother we're dealing with now."

My eyes turned into slits as I squinted to observe the man further, but my focus shattered when he turned to our direction. I held back a gasp and clutched Miura's arm tightly.

His older brother had stitches on his forehead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 3.7K 30
"𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐈 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮," "𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝." ✦F. Megumi x Y/n ✦ •⠀⠀•⠀⠀⠀• ⠀✶ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀•⠀...
99.1K 4.4K 37
ɢᴇᴛᴏ ꜱᴜɢᴜʀᴜ x ꜰᴇᴍ! ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ x ɢᴏᴊᴏ ꜱᴀᴛᴏʀᴜ (ꜱʟɪɢʜᴛ ɴᴀɴᴀᴍɪ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ) ꜱᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇꜱᴛ /ꜱᴛʀⱰŊ/ 1. ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴏᴠᴇ ʜᴇᴀᴠʏ ᴡᴇɪɢʜᴛꜱ ᴏʀ ᴘᴇʀꜰᴏʀᴍ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴘʜʏꜱɪᴄ...
637K 28K 36
"ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴs ᴛᴏ ᴜs, ʏᴏᴜ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʏ ʙᴇsɪᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ, ʀɪɢʜᴛ ʏ/ɴ?" "ɪ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ! ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ, ɪᴍ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ!" "ʏᴇᴀʜ..." ➪ᴛ...
528K 20.9K 43
Geto needs more love, so here we go. He's older in this story, but isn't a cursed user (at least not yet heheh). SO NO STITCHES. this is about Geto...