RED

By dreamquisite

❝And I can see the sirens on his eyes, the poison on his lips, the burns of his touches, and yet I embraced h... More

RED
PRELUDE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 5

5.2K 287 25
By dreamquisite

Gayoon slammed her bag down the table as she sat on the chair, unintentionally making Ryujin and Yuna flinch, looking onto her.

She shut her eyes tight and took a deep breath, putting her bag down on the side of her chair, and tied her hair into a messy bun.

"What, why are you looking at me?" Gayoon asked.

"Did someone anger you?" Yuna carefully asked.

"Ahh, class representative things," she awkwardly chuckled. "So, why aren't you getting lunch?"

"We're planning to eat out, actually, at that new hotpot place in front of the school," Ryujin responded.

"Sorry, I think I'm going to eat real quick and get back to Ms. Ji."

Yuna frowned. "It's still the second week; why are you already getting busy?"

"And what are you going to eat? A sandwich?" Ryujin asked with a disapproving tone.

"I might if I have to." Gayoon sighed. "Don't worry, I'll eat enough. You two should go."

"Nope, we're going to have a proper meal together."

"I'll let you take me to a buffet for dinner, Jin. Just not now, okay? I need to gather the remaining reports."

"Yoon-ah, you should eat lots." Yuna pushed more

Gayoon smiled. "I will, and I'll be okay. I'm used to this now. Now you two go!"

Gayoon sighed as she watched the two walk out of the cafeteria.

She let out a tired sigh again as she glanced at her watch, knowing that she had already wasted ten minutes of lunch time.

As a result, Gayoon just ordered a burger and cola, filling her hunger temporarily and quickly before running to the student's lounge.

Donghyuck is pissed; he didn't know why.

Twenty minutes before the lunch break, he suddenly felt an unexplainable twist in his emotions, and he couldn't shrug it off.

It visibly showed on his face—a small crease on his forehead and an unapproachable expression.

He wasn't active in class like he usually does on the past few days, and he's dead quiet in his seat.

He's just talking a little when Jeno asks him something, or their professor wants a response from the class.

Donghyuck felt he had gone mad for a second, until he remembered the soulmate bond—the only valid reason he could think of.

"You're not talking," Mark said as he looked at the younger

"I am," Donghyuck retorted.

"No, you're not really talking."

"And what is that supposed to mean?"

"Dude, chill, we're not really cut out for a fight," Jeno mended after Donghyuck seemed ready to square up.

The frustrated male can just calm himself and eat quietly.

"What happened?" Mark mouthed.

"I don't know," Jeno replied back.

"Fuck it, so annoying," Donghyuck suddenly cursed while slamming his utensils down, making the twins flinch.

Mark cleared his throat. "Hyuck-ah?" he softly called. "Any problem?"

"This fucking soulmate bond." Donghyuck clenched his jaw. "It's a fucking curse."

"Why, did you both fight?"

"It would be better if we did; at least I know the reason, but no," he sighed. "We're emotionally connected."

"Oh, she must be angry then," Jeno said. "We haven't seen or known Shin Gayoon still, so we don't know if she's the bad-tempered type."

"How would I fucking know?"

Mark's brows furrowed. "You're not talking?"

"Hell no"

"Hyuck, it's been a week?"

"So?" Donghyuck mused. "Is there any rule to be with each other every single day?"

"Hyuck." Mark mentally facespalms. "You should at least meet up regularly for your bond to strengthen."

"What if our bond won't strengthen? Would it lose?"

"Donghyuck, you're not listening."

"And I don't really intend to?"

"Hold it, hold it." Jeno calmed his twin down and faced Donghyuck. "You know the soulmate bond won't ever lose."

Donghyuck just continued eating.

"So the least thing you can do is talk to her."

Donghyuck raised a brow. "Then?"

"Then you can be more to each other." Jeno shrugged. "Is that what soulmates are supposed to do?"

"Then be left alone and lose your smiles; is that what soulmates should be?"

Mark and Jeno got silent, and Donghyuck just clicked his tongue.

He quietly finished eating and waited for the two, his mind working in shambles.

He shouldn't think about it too much.

But surely, there's a part of him that's strongly curious as to what happened to her.

The three walked around the campus, with Donghyuck at the back.

They must know by now that their simple presence inside the campus is brightening a number of students' days, particularly gawking over them and blushing if ever the boys look back at them or greet them back.

The twins are arguing over something and are already on the verge of asking their cousin to choose who's right.

Though when they turned back to call him, they found Donghyuck just standing a few distance back, his eyes daunting over something—or someone.

"What are you looking at?"

"Is there a problem?"

Mark and Jeno chorused, though the younger didn't reply and just walked in a certain direction.

Mark was about to follow, but Jeno stopped him, pointing somewhere.

"Isn't that the Shins?"

Mark followed with, "Oh yeah. Well, the other one must be Gayoon?"

"It looks like he's going over there."

And they're not wrong; now Donghyuck was a few meters away from the girls when Yuna saw him.

She poked Gayoon's arm and asked, "Is that Donghyuck?"

"Shin Gayoon"

Both Ryujin and Gayoon looked over him—Ryujin being dragged by Yuna closer to her, while Gayoon just quizzically looked at him.

Donghyuck, whirling emotions still in his head, sighed.

"Did something happen so badly that your anger won't subside?"

Gayoon can just blink multiple times to think, gasping when she understands what he means.

"Shit, I'm sorry, I forgot you could"

"Never mind that. Just... can you just tone it down? It's making me... "

And a rumble on her tummy surfaced, and because of the connection, Donghyuck felt it too.

"Pissed," he continued, and he gazed darkly. "Did you ever have lunch?"

"That's what we want to know, but she said she did," Ryujin said.

Yuna pouted. "It's not good for her to skip a proper meal. Can you get her to eat?"

"What?"

"You're soulmates," Ryujin and Yuna chorused.

Now that's a turn of events.

i dunno why, i feel excited writing this kskhsukskshdjhsuushu

[ today is 127's 6th birthday, sending green hearts to all of you!!! ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 4.4K 30
❝was the fame worth our friendship?❞ ꒰ when a childhood love story finally gets to blossom as donghyuck comes home from seoul. he knows his feelings...
437K 14.5K 68
"Why should I care whether you die or not?" ❀ Jisung FF ❀ Mafia/Soulmate AU ❀
1.3M 55.5K 78
» mafia au » soulmate au ❝ You and I are not meant to be ❞
70.8K 2.5K 45
𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗱𝗮𝗶𝗿𝘆 𝗰𝗵.𝟭 #𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗞𝗝𝗜𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗚 #𝗡𝗖𝗧𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗠 where a kpop idol bumps into his soulmate whil...