The Villain Deceived Me That...

By Xlyvie

Rating Average 5 / 5 out of 13 Rank N/A, it has 601 monthly views Alternative 흑막이 남자주인공이라고 사기쳤어요 Author(s)... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14

Chapter 13

276 11 1
By Xlyvie

But in light of this novel, excluding the emotional aspects… the importance of the female lead Camilla and the male lead Valdwin was incomparable.

Valdwin looked sullen when he saw me hesitating. It was like the expression of the Puss in Boots…. It was clear that the word ‘beautiful even when crying’ was made with Valdwin in mind. So I quickly came up with an answer based on my point of view.

“Didi is the most important.”

“Really?”

“Of course. Didi, I will always be by your side.”

Because you are the Male Lead I chose. I don’t buy ruined stocks.

“So do I.”

“Huh?”

“Me too, Lala. I will always be by Lala’s side.

I smiled softly as I listened to Valdwin’s words.

He can say that of course… because we are still young. But it’s obvious that all of his goodwill and affection would be transferred to Camilla when he entered a full-fledged love with her. Of course, I also want to keep my good relationship with Valdwin no matter how it went. I’ve already grown attached to him.

I clasped Valdwin’s hand.

“I will always be by your side, Lala.”

Liar.

“Okay, promise?”

“We will be together forever.”

The cute and sweet Valdwin – my Male Lead. It’s alright if you won’t be able to keep that promise.

I hugged Valdwin tightly. It was then.

“It’s here.”

While I was talking to Valdwin, the fairy who came over the wall like a stray cat seemed to have put down a small box and went back.

It’s cake! As expected!

“Didi, hurry up! Don’t let others take it!”

Even if people did it, they won’t go out to find them when everyone’s not up yet.

I whispered quietly knowing that fact. Valdwin asked me with a rather serious look as I pulled him.

“Do you like chocolate cake that much?”

“This is the best of all cakes!”

(T/N: I can’t disagree ^^)

I used to secretly buy chocolate on my birthdays in my previous life. I celebrated them alone with no one to congratulate me.

Time flew by as I relished the cake so sweet that my mouth ached. So this cake wasn’t only a sweet thing that made me feel good, but also a medium that made me dwell on my past. And I liked how I am happy now compared to that past. I don’t have to tell Valdwin that much.

Crackle –

Huh? I think I heard something…  I asked Baldwin but he shook his head. Then he asked, pretending to take my hand and drag it down.

“Do you like cake better than me?”

No, no, no! This was a choice that had been decided in the first place. How can you be better now at acting cute? I don’t think this would be enough to destroy an empire. It was a face that could create a possibility that was not there. I shook my head quickly.

“Our Didi is the best!!”

Maybe because the time we spent together had become longer, I embraced Valdwin who was also becoming more and more charming.  Anyhow, I succeeded in eating chocolate cake and drinks at dawn.

Seeing Valdwin and me smeared with chocolate on our lips, Mom was very surprised. Even if I hid it to eat it later, the leftovers would go bad and there was a limit to how much my stomach can digest. I bashfully laughed.

“Laila!”

“Huh?”

I tilted my head and pretended I knew nothing. I am full and sleepy at the same time.  Looking back, I didn’t even sleep as I waited for the cake.

My mother sighed deeply and beckoned my father as I nodded with my half-closed eyes. He was still in his pajamas when he went out as soon as he realized that we weren’t in our bedroom. Dad held me and Valdwin at the same time.

“Whew. You remained an idle onlooker, but you couldn’t do that now. You have to say something. You can’t just listen to all the kid’s requests. Even when they want to eat something sweet like this!”

“H, Honey….”

“Have you really never raised a child? I’ll be back, so you tell the maids to wash up and put them to sleep. No wonder you said to go to bed early last night. They didn’t even sleep a wink.”

I could see mom running to the first floor wearing the shawl brought by the maid.

Ah, no… I reached out my hand, but my young body couldn’t stand it anymore and fell asleep.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Robelia had never felt burdened or difficult as she raised Valdwin. He was the only child that her only friend asked to take care of, and Lorovante had assets that could support another child. What more, ”underneath. She was also confident of hiding the child to avoid Emperor Laigos’ eyes.

But this isn’t right! She understands that the Winchester vassals have a sense of responsibility and have respect for the child. But that doesn’t mean they can do everything the children asked for!

She went to the place where Laila went to call the fairy that granted wishes. Standing in front of the wall, Robelia tapped it with her fist.

“You’re outside, right? Please knock on the wall if you are. I won’t accept what you send if you refuse my request!”

Robelia’s firm warning caused an uproar outside the wall. She knew they were there yet pretended not to know. She was Duchess Lorovante – the one who was responsible for raising Valdwin! They had no other reason to refuse Robelia’s request.

The two members on duty made eye contact with each other and hurriedly knocked on the wall.

“Hmph. Alright. Listen carefully to what I have to say. You should never – never again – do what the kids want. Before you get my permission! Do you understand?”

“Th, that….”

“Hey, be quiet!”

Lobelia frowned.

“You won’t receive any help from me if you don’t follow me.”

Once again, Lobelia calmly threatened.

“Meat, fruits and wheat are good for kids, but sweets aren’t! What if they don’t eat other foods because they’re into sweets? What if their teeth rot? What if they had stomach ache?”

The two members over the wall slouched their shoulders because what she said was correct. They knew that the guys yesterday were the ones who brought the cake. They were so happy that they did what Valdwin had wanted…. But they didn’t expect they would get into trouble like this.

“Now, knock on the wall again if you understand.”

Tok tok – there was an answer from them.

Robelia took a deep breath. Since it was early now, there were a small number of people watching her. While bringing in Valdwin, the servants were also in a state of shifting and restaffing while training with effort. Even so, they had restricted access to this garden just in case.

“You don’t have to worry about the child. He is growing well.”

Robelia comforted them slightly as they were also curious about the situation inside the wall.

“The child will soon be going to the academy. He will be trained there to become a knight.”

It was like opening a channel for them to come into contact with the child. That was all Robelia could do. She didn’t inform them that Valdwin now was disguising as a woman. Valdwin will only be a knight sponsored by the House of Lorovante.

Robelia lifted her robe with an oddly bleak heart. She turned away from the wall. Thinking of it, the day Valdwin is to enter the academy is already approaching.

The frosty lawn of the garden made a crisp sound. The past nine years were like a thin sheet of ice. Not only Valdwin, Laila was also not allowed to go outside. She was feeling sorry for the two children, but it was for the best. Lorovante was everything in the world for the children.

‘Will he be able to do well?’

I’m not sure. It was also the first time for Robelia to raise a child, and she couldn’t judge whether her way of educating the children was reasonable. It’s just….

‘I want them to be happy.’

She only prayed that their childhood would remain as a happy memory for the two children.

Valdwin and Laila – they were destined to be swept away by the Empire’s violent stream just because they were Winchester’s and Lorovante’s descendants. Empress Julia also opened the palace doors not long ago. The Empire was noisy during that time over the proclamation of the throne’s heir. Empress Julia will not give up. The friend Robelia knew would never give up until she avenged the downfall of Winchester.

Her chest felt tight.

“Robelia.”

“What about the kids?”

She woke up in her reverie with the affectionate voice calling her. Walking into the mansion in a daze, Robelia was caught in his warm arms.

“Your body is freezing. What are you thinking about? You almost fell down.”

Robelia leaned her head into the arms of her loving husband, who looked sad. Her troubles were also those of her husband.

“Valdwin is soon to go to the academy.”

“… It came already before we knew it.”

“And time will also come for Laila to choose her own path.”

(T/N: I personally loved the relationship between Laila’s mother and father. Far from being in a loveless marriage, they love each other with no unnecessary third parties in their marriage.)

(U/P: I know right?? It's rare to find this kind of parents )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 148K 43
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
193K 14K 19
"YOU ARE MINE TO KEEP OR TO KILL" ~~~ Kiaan and Izna are like completely two different poles. They both belong to two different RIVAL FAMILIES. It's...
451K 28.7K 38
She was going to marry with her love but just right before getting married(very end moment)she had no other choice and had to marry his childhood acq...
189K 8.6K 61
𝗕𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗶𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗘𝗸𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗵 𝗥𝗮𝗴𝗵𝘂𝘃𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗵𝗶 ☆ The CEO of 'Raghuvanshi Group' also an underground Mafia. A typical cold...