The Villain Deceived Me That...

By Xlyvie

Rating Average 5 / 5 out of 13 Rank N/A, it has 601 monthly views Alternative 흑막이 남자주인공이라고 사기쳤어요 Author(s)... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 12

288 13 1
By Xlyvie

Thud!

“Wh, what does this mean!”

“I don’t know…. It didn’t fall down from somewhere, right?”

The maids sleeping on the first floor were startled and woke up. They lit the lamp with sleepy eyes. It was just the dawn of the day.

“We should check it out.”

“What should we do? I’m scared!”

“Well, we will ask the knights to take a look.”

“Indeed… there will be people standing on duty now.”

The maids mustered up their courage and came out with their shawls. They cautiously moved and anxiously swallowed their saliva. The knights were fortunately on patrol and were also on their way here after hearing the sound. In order to find the culprit that shook the dawn, a four-man expedition team was dispatched. And what they found was…. 

“Wh, wh, what is this!”

“Isn’t that a wild boar?”

“A wild boar? Someone must have haunted this. It has a stab on its neck.”

“Sir, this size would be enough for dinner….”

“What on earth is this!”

“My goodness. We’ll have to tell this to His Excellency first and foremost.”

The culprit was none other than the tiger that was bitten by the boar to repay a favor. Of course, the Duke’s people couldn’t have guessed that. Only Valdwin….

‘Hmm.’

He just let out a light sigh.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Since the novel didn’t go in depth about what happened in the past, I couldn’t figure it out at first. Once a day – the unidentified Hong Gil-Dong brought strange things to the Duke’s garden. The items were different each time: sometimes flour, sometimes wild boar. There were also times when it was silk, or leather.

Upon hearing the news, Mom and Dad kept the servants from going out and talking about it. It was fortunate that Mom and Dad had chosen tight-lipped servants and were loyal to us. Reminds me, the nanny who took care of us died of chronic disease a year ago. She was a kind person….

When our nanny died, I cried with Valdwin. It was sad that such a precious person died, but Valdwin’s secret was also buried with her very deeply.

Anyway, on another topic, “Didi.”

“Hmm?”

Leading me to the garden, Valdwin tilted his head. His black hair fluttered in his light blue dress. Oh, my baby. Our kitten looks dazzling today. Maybe because his hair had grown considerably long over the past two years, or maybe because of the magic. He didn’t look like a boy at all.

No, there was certainly such a description in the novel as well.

‘Prettier than the female lead.’

So this is possible.

“Ahem, ahem.”

I need to get a hold of myself. And being fascinated with his face.

“I made a guess.”

I wondered if there was something like a genie here that grants wishes in this novel. To make this guess more realistic, someone from the Winchester family should follow it. Mom and Dad probably would have guessed like that too.

If so! First of all, I will need an explanation that would match Valdwin’s viewpoint. No matter how much precocious Valdwin, he’s also a nine-year-old and so he would have a different range of understanding.

“I think there is a fairy who grants wishes.”

“A fairy who will grant your wish…?”

Valdwin looked at me with distrust. But he’s nine years old now. This is a cute age where he would believe Santa’s fantasy. I bet Valdwin would be fooled.

“… You never know.”

Valdwin nodded seriously. Look, look, he believed it just as I thought.

“So now, we are going to make a wish here.”

“… Wish?”

“Yeah!”

I’ve never had a wish before in all honesty, and I wondered if someone would listen to this much.

I put my hands together.

“Didi, you do it too, quick!”

“Me too?”

“Your wish will come true the more desperate it is.”

Of course! I will pray tenderly, feeling like the Angel Girl Netty.

“Fairy who grants wishes, I have a wish.”

“I have a wish.”

Valdwin followed my words and muttered.

“I want to eat chocolate cake tomorrow.”

“… I want to eat chocolate cake.”

This is a very important wish for me. Mom was extremely restricting the amount of sweets and snacks Valdwin and I should eat. However, even if there were people who haven’t eaten it yet, no one would only eat chocolate cake once! This is related to my survival issue.

I used chocolate to endure it when I was stressed in my previous life. Oh, of course, I haven’t had that much stress here yet… but even so….

“Let me eat chocolate cake!”

What you want to eat is what you want to eat!

“… Let me eat.”

Alright, that would be enough. If someone is out there, they’ll surely hear it.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Chocolate cake?

Guarding the walls of Lorovante, the Caliburn members tilted their heads.

“… Does the Young Master want to eat it?”

“It was definitely a girl’s voice.”

“So what? I’m sure the Young Master is here. He must be about nine years old now, so it’s understandable that he would like sweets.”

“I, Is that so?”

The two members looked at each other. Where do they sell delicious chocolate cake?

They were bound to hear different stories when they guard by the wall. They heard the maids passing by and one of them talked about the delicious food sold in the city.

“I’ll go back today.”

One of the members stood up. Most of the Caliburn members were staying at their headquarters because not all of them could stay here.  Protecting Lorovante was done in two groups.

Anyhow, that was how Laila’s wish was granted.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

I decided to stay up all night tonight. I made that decision with 90% certainty.

Most of the Winchester’s followers were loyal even in the novel. So even if Winchester had collapsed, the vassals of their families never left them. They were protecting the land where they lost their Masters, and the Winchester’s legacy. If one of them found Valdwin, the will naturally wouldn’t be always absent.

I rubbed my sleepy eyes and barely held on.

“Stop and sleep Lala.”

To eat cake in the evening was an impossible strategy alone. Someone is on the lookout, while the other one is buying chocolate cake. I had to go to the kitchen to bring a fork and drinks, so I persuaded Valdwin to sleep in my room. Mom didn’t think it was strange because it often happens on days with thunder and lightning.

“Didi. The fairies will come soon. Let’s wait a little longer.” I insisted with my eyes wide open. It was like a temper showing that I would wait for the late-night snack.

Valdwin squatted down next to me, crouching down in front of the balcony glass door under the blanket. There was the light breaking of dawn outside with my words. Valdwin yawned and leaned his head on my shoulder.

“… I’m sleepy. I think I will sleep all day today.”

“Uh, that can’t happen…. Camilla was coming here today to study.”

A nap at a time when Valdwin and Camilla’s relationship was getting deeper?

“Is it important for Camilla to come?”

“Of course!”

Especially for you! Because you are the male lead and Camilla is the female lead.

It was me who got caught accidentally between the male and female lead, then died in vain. And I hate stealing the seats of others. It was Camilla, the female lead, that the male lead candidates Valdwin and Einz should love. I don’t want to ruin the happiness they deserve. I don’t want to be an extraneous matter between other people like I was in my previous life.

The words my stepmother always insisted on, [‘You stole everything my children had. A b*tch like you should be called a b*tch thief.’]

That was it. Valdwin’s seat is next to Camilla, and I don’t want to steal that. I wanted to live Laila’s life that was given to me.

Come to think of it, Laila was a fool who had a lot of things but was unaware of them and coveted other’s things. I was in the same situation as I was in my previous life. This time, as Laila, I want to abandon the original novel and find my own happiness. Oh, and thinking of it….

I took Laila’s life. I guess am really a b*tch thief….

Anyhow, this and that are different. However, my words seemed to be interpreted a little differently for the young Valdwin.

“… Is she more important than me?”

“Huh?”

What is this cute kitten saying now?

“Is Camila more important than me?”

Wait, I need to think a little deeper to answer this. If I had to choose between Camilla and Valdwin… I would naturally choose Valdwin if it was just about the emotional part.

Valdwin and I have been together for nine years. And in the first place, I was affectionate enough to pick Valdwin between the two sub-male leads.

And it would be stupid of me. It would be ridiculous if I don’t fall for Valdwin’s appearance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 28.2K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
3.5M 148K 61
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
703K 40.8K 35
|ROSES AND CIGARETTES Book-I| She was someone who likes to be in her shell and He was someone who likes to break all the shells. "Junoon ban chuki ho...
1.6M 98.9K 40
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...