After the Rain- Josh Kiszka

By hs1Dgvf10v3r

Almost two years have gone by since the night that changed Celine's life forever. She has finally adjusted to... More

Chapter 1- That Night
Chapter 2- That Night (continued)
Chapter 3- Picking Up the Pieces
Chapter 4- Bearer of Good News
Chapter 5- Playing Matchmaker (Part 1)
Chapter 6- Playing Matchmaker (Part 2)
Chapter 7- Light My Love
Chapter 8- Facing Fears
Chapter 9- Debrief
Chapter 10- Fate
Chapter 11- Disbelief
Chapter 12- Dinner Date Destiny
Chapter 13- Love Birds
Chapter 14- Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 15- Red Handed
Chapter 16- Getaway
Chapter 17- Traitorous Tattoos
Chapter 18- Betrayal of Brotherhood
Chapter 19- Sleep on it
Chapter 20- Pink Slip
Chapter 21- In the Dark
Chapter 22- Accepting Defeat
Chapter 23- Right the Wrongs
Chapter 24- Redemption
Author's Note (Please Read!!)

Le Beau Temps

251 7 11
By hs1Dgvf10v3r

Epilogue
Two Years Later

I had never believed in soulmates.

I had always denied the idea. Sold on the cynical point of view because of how hardened to the world I had become over the course of my life. I hadn't known my own father, and allegedly there hadn't been a man more ill-suited to be a father or a husband than he was. I had grown up under the parenting of a strong and resilient independent woman. She never seemed to need anyone, so I never questioned whether or not there had been a missing piece to her life— a potential person who's heart was tied to hers by an invisible string.

The concept seemed absurd to me, until I found mine.

The push and pull, the ups and downs of the early stages of our relationship were truly enough for anyone to want to call it quits for good, but through it all we would find our way back to one another. No amount of time and space could keep Josh and I apart— we were tied together by the universe for eternity, and the unique circumstances that united us were something we were so grateful for.

After that day when we kissed in the rain, Josh and I had gotten to talking. We ironed out all the misconceptions and where things went wrong between the two of us, and nothing was left unsaid. Thankfully, he forgave me for keeping the truth about Lina from him for so long. We ended our conversation with a better understanding of one another, which would prove to be truly essential for our future together.

As for my job, he offered to explain what had happened and convince my boss to let me back on board, but I declined his offer. The way that the situation had been handled left a bad taste in my mouth, and I decided that what had occurred between the label and me was for the best.

After much convincing, I joined Greta Van Fleet's personal marketing team where they commissioned me for designs and strategies to promote their upcoming work. This allowed me even more flexibility within my schedule and it granted me the opportunity to stay home with Lina, which I was very grateful for.

Teagan and I had mended our friendship as well. She came to me and explained what she had been going through and had lashed out as a result of her circumstances. She apologized for the way she had reacted and acknowledged that I had no clue what had been going with her, so she shouldn't have been so harsh. I apologized for not being as self aware as I could have been, and reminded her that I am there to support her no matter what. We hugged it out, in typical best friend fashion, and immediately resumed our friendship as if nothing had ever happened.

One of the most prominent things that I learned being with Josh, was that time really does fly when you're having fun. We truly had the best time together. Our relationship was so blissful and exciting that it healed a part of me I thought I had lost in becoming a mother in my early twenties. Josh had the ability to make me feel young again. He was a great coparent and partner in crime, and eventually he proved to be an even better fiancé when he finally popped the question.

And before I knew it, it was the day of our wedding.

The morning of the wedding, Teagan came to the room I was staying in with breakfast and a bottle of champagne. We ate together, and after our meal, she popped the bottle, pouring us each a glass of bubbly.

"Cheers! To you and Josh beginning the life you've always wanted together!" Teagan said, toasting a champagne glass to me and my groom.

I raised my own champagne flute to clink with hers, and then brought it to my lips to take a sip. I noticed Teagan had faked taking a sip and put her glass to rest on the table beside her.

"What was that?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at her.

"What was what?" She asked, feigning ignorance,

"You didn't take a sip, that's bad luck." I stated.

"Yes, I did." She scoffed.

"No... you didn't." I pressed, curious to know why she was acting all weird.

"Celine, of course I did." She said apprehensively.

And then it clicked.

"You're pregnant!" I gasped, pointing an accusatory finger in my best friend's direction.

"No, I'm not. I- I- I'm just not feeling well, the bubbly will upset my stomach." She scrambled, her eyes widening in an attempt to appear shocked by the sudden conclusion I had jumped to.

"Teagan May, you are a horrible liar! You are pregnant!!" I shrieked, elated by this news.

"Okay fine, I might be pregnant." She said, squeezing her eyes shut.

"Might?" I eyed her expectantly.

"And by might, I mean I am..." She confessed, scrunching up her nose.

"Oh my god this is amazing! I am so happy for you!" I squealed, enveloping her into a hug.

What a glorious day! My best friend was finally going to have a child and I was getting married.

"Enough, Enough!" She waved me off, wriggling out of my embrace. "Celine, I feel awful, I was going to wait to tell you until after your honeymoon. This is your day it should not be about me."

"Oh please! Are you kidding me? You just made my day infinitely better." I said, feeling an immense sense of pride and joy for my best friend.

Motherhood had been one of the most rewarding experiences for me, even through all of the struggles I had faced, and I was so elated that Teagan would get to share in how wonderful it was.

"Do you know what you're having yet?" I asked.

She shook her head as a reluctant smile crept across her face, "We want it to be a surprise."

"Teagan, this is so amazing." I said, wrapping her into another hug, which she accepted reluctantly.

"I know." She breathed, relief flooding her expression. "But, enough about me. Today is your day, and we have to get you ready to say 'I do'!" She said, clapping her hands and whisking me away to get my hair and makeup done.

Once everything was set and ready, the ceremony commenced. The wedding party was comprised of Teagan as my maid of honor, and Millie and Alisa as my bridesmaids. The groomsmen consisted of Jake, Sam, and Danny, with Jake taking on the role of Josh's best man. And to top it all off, our sweet little Lina, was the flower girl.

Chris was doing me the honor of walking me down the aisle and giving me away, and in my opinion, there was no one better suited to do so.

The rest of the wedding party made their down the aisle as Chris and I waited for our cue in the wings.

"Ready?" Chris turned to me, a smile spread across his face.

"Never been more ready in my entire life." I said matching his expression, grinning from ear to ear.

"Good, good." He nodded, taking it all in. "Gosh, they grow up so fast, am I right?" He laughed, his eyes becoming glassy.

"Don't get all emotional on me now, I can't ruin my makeup." I laughed feeling a tingle in my nose, warning me that my own happy tears were soon to follow if I wasn't careful.

"Right, you're right. Sorry Celi." He shook his head to get himself in the zone, taking my arm in his, in preparation to walk me down the aisle.

The song began on the organ, played by Sam, from the inside the chapel and the guests rose from their seats in the pews. The doors swung open, and Chris and I began our descent down the aisle.

I kept my stride even, not wanting the excitement and nerves to get the best of me and my pace. Josh looked so handsome standing at the alter; he wiped his eyes at the sight of me, and Jake lay a supportive hand on his shoulder. I was truly on cloud nine, and it felt as if every single event in my life had led up to this moment.

"Mommy!" Lina said, hugging my leg as I arrived at the alter.

I bent down and gave her a hug and Chris collected her and guided her to their seats in the front row.

The officiant began and the whole thing felt like a blur. I could not believe this was happening, I was getting married.

We exchanged our vows, and Josh's words were so eloquent, there wasn't a dry eye in the entire chapel. I have trouble even putting into words how much this day has meant to me, and how happy and at peace I have felt through it all.

"Joshua Michael Kiszka do you take Celine Marie Lyons to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." He said, flashing the beautiful smile that I knew so well.

"Celine Marie Lyons do you take Joshua Michael Kiszka to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do." I said, absolutely beaming with happiness.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." The officiant stated.

"Après la pluie..." He trailed, leaning in close.

"Le beau temps." I giggled as he pulled me in for our first kiss as husband and wife.

The End.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 3.2K 38
Roommates - a Samuel Francis Kiszka story
30.3K 788 33
Jess is offered the opportunity of a lifetime to photograph Greta Van Fleet on their upcoming tour but is blindsided by how quickly one can fall in l...
4.4K 63 5
Eleanor, the girlfriend of your close family friend, Jake Kiszka, invites you to surprise the boys on a ski trip after a long tour across the country...
5K 206 33
Lynna is comfortable with her simple life, floating by with her bestfriend. Josh is occupied by his up and coming band, 'Greta Van Fleet.' The two s...