𝗱𝗿𝗼𝘄𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 - 𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙚 �...

De -maneater-

ᴀᴅᴀʟɪɴᴇ ᴋɪɴɢꜱᴛᴏɴ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ɪᴛ ɢɪʀʟ. ꜱʜᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ꜱʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ. ᴛᴏ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ɪᴛ ꜱᴇᴇᴍᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ... Mais

0☽
1☽
2☽
3☽
4☽
5☽
6☽
7☽
8☽
9☽
10☽
11☽
12☽
13☽
14☽
15☽
16☽
17☽
18☽
19☽
20☽
21☽
22☽
23☽
24☽
25☽
26☽
27☽
28☽
29☽
30☽
31☽
32☽
33☽
34☽
35☽
36☽
37☽
38☽
39☽
40☽
41☽
42☽
43☽
44☽
45☽
46☽
47☽
48☽
49☽
50☽
51☽
52☽
53☽
54☽
55 ☽
57☽
58☽
59☽
60☽

56☽

11.1K 294 21
De -maneater-

⋆ Chapter 56 ⋆
As Long As It Takes

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

               "I think Jade used drսgs to push away all the bad thoughts. But it did the opposite for me." Lexi sighed remembering the first time she smoked weed with Rue, Adaline, and Fez. "All I could think about were the bad thoughts. The things that could go wrong... the people I could lose... and the million and one reasons why I'm not good enough." The scene ended with Rue riding away on her bike as Lexi looked off into the distance.

So far Adaline was enjoying the play. She was just praying that Lexi didn't include anything that would upset anyone in their friend group. She was worried that Rue might relapse or Maddy would get offended and try to fight someone.

When the next part of the play began Adaline was extremely shocked. She had to stop herself from breaking out in a fit of laughter as she watched the Cassie and Maddy lookalikes dance around on stage in their cheerleading uniforms.

"When Hallie and Marta entered ninth grade, they became inseparable." Lexi began narrating as the two girls began sticking their tongues out towards each other. It was very odd to watch. But Adaline was even more uncomfortable when her lookalike broke in between the blonde and dark haired duo.

The fake Adaline began leading the group of cheerleaders as Lexi started talking once more. "When I first met Marta, she made me nervous. I had never seen anyone as sure of themself as her. Because of that, I didn't really trust her." Lexi said looking at the crowd. "Until her parents started fighting all the time and she basically moved in with us for a few months. If she wasn't at our house she was with Abby."

"Do you like it?" Marta asked as she finished Lexi or "Grace's" makeup.

"I feel stupid." Leix sighed. This was a memory that included both Maddy and Adaline. Maddy was in charge of Lexi's makeup while Adaline did her hair.

"Lex, you look super hot!" Abby grinned at her friend.

"Everyone feels stupid. Who cares?" Marta spoke up.

"You feel stupid?"

"Yeah, I did." Marta nodded with a shrug. "And then, I just chose not to feel stupid."

"I don't know if...I can really get to that point." Lexi trailed off.

"90% of life is confidence." Marta continued. "And the thing about confidence is no one knows if it's real or not."

"So true." Abby agreed. "I'm literally so self conscious half the time but I just act like I don't give a fuck."

In the audience both Maddy and Cassie were reminiscing on the times that the Perez girl spent at the Howard home. They were like sisters. Maddy would even say she was closer to Cassie than Adaline back then.

Maddy subtly glanced back at Cassie as the scene of them sharing a bed and bonding over their shitty dad's played. The blonde had tears rolling down her cheeks as she watched.

Adaline wasn't sure where the play was going to go from here but she was hoping that it wouldn't include what happened on New Years and everything after that. She really didn't want to relive those moments.

"Jake and Marta's relationship was our first impression of love." Lexi said bringing Adaline out of her thoughts. On stage was the Maddy lookalike and Ethan, Kat's boyfriend or ex, who was playing Nate.

"No one's ever loved me as much as you." Marta spoke lovingly looking up at Jake.

"No one ever will." He smirked back leaning down to kiss her.

Not only was Adaline uncomfortable by this scene, both Nate and Maddy were as well.

"But every relationship has its cracks. Some bigger than others." Lexi could be heard as the setting on stage changed into a fake gym.

"All right, babe. Time for me and the boys to work out." Jake said looking down at Marta.

"You guys are so gay." Adaline had to laugh at that. She could totally see Maddy saying something like that to Nate.

"Babe, that's not funny." The audience laughed as they all watched Ethan or "Jake" groan embarrassed. "All right, c'mon. Get outta here. Run along, babe." He mumbled placing a kiss on her lips and then smacking her ass as she went to walk away.

"All right. Come on, tiger." One of the fake football players said as Jake entered the "gym".

"Come on, let's pump some iron, boys!" Another cheered.

"Hey, Paulie. Could you rub a smidgen of oil on my back? I can't reach. My pecs are gettin' too freakin' big." Jake asked as he flexed his muscles.

"Anything for you, Jake."

"Hey, Jake. Your body's fantastic."

Adaline could tell that Nate was getting uncomfortable as the scene went on. When the dance routine began Adaline's jaw dropped. She honestly had no words. She was genuinely shocked by what she was watching.

On one hand the girl felt bad for Nate. She knew he was embarrassed that people were probably thinking he was gay. But at the same time she felt like he deserved to be a little embarrassed after everything he's done to not only her but others as well.

"Lexi, you're a fսcking G!" Maddy screamed as the dance routine became even more sexual.

Adaline had no idea how Lexi ever got this approved by the school. There was no way in hell that the teachers were okay with this.

"Fuck this." Nate mumbled as he shot up out of his seat.

The Jacobs boy needed to get out of there. He couldn't handle all of the people that were pointing and laughing at him. He was angry and didn't want to do something that he'd regret.

"Nate." Adaline sighed. She followed him out of the auditorium after she noticed him storming off.

Neither teen noticed that Cassie had also left the auditorium. She was quietly standing behind the corner listening to their conversation.

"Why the fսck are they laughing?" Nate seethed as he looked at the brunette. "That shit is so fսckin' homophobic."

"You're literally homophobic." The Kingston girl shot back. She couldn't even count the number of times he's made offensive remarks about other people.

"That's not the fucking point!" Nate exclaimed.

"I had no idea Lexi was going to do that." Adaline sighed.

"She's your fսcking best friend!"

"She didn't tell me what the play was going to be about! I just knew she was doing one!" The girl yelled back.

"Why is she targeting me?" He questioned.

"Gee I don't know Nate!" Adaline laughed. "Maybe because you've been a massive asshole to basically all of her friends."

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm sorry?" Nate scoffed shaking his head. He was sick of arguing about the same thing. "I told you a million times that Cassie literally means nothing to me! I love you! I want to fucking be with you!" At this point Nate fully had tears streaming down his cheeks and he didn't care if he looked like a whimp. He needed Adaline to see how truly sorry he was. "I'm going to do everything in my power to get you back."

The brunette silently stood there letting his words sink in. She wasn't completely oblivious. She knew he was sorry but she just didn't know if she was ready to let him back in.

"Every time I forgive you and take you back you do something ten times worse and lose my trust again." Adaline explained looking at the ground. "How can I be sure that next time is going to be different?"

"You can't." Nate mumbled brushing a piece of hair out of her face. "You just have to give me a chance to prove that I can be better for you and Aurora."

"I need time Nate." She finally decided to say. It wasn't a yes or a no but it was enough for Nate to know that he hadn't totally lost her.

"I'll wait for you." The boy nodded as he moved to leave the school. "As long as it takes."

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

LILY ♡ FEZCO STORY De Whynotme

Ficção Adolescente

355K 6.6K 30
In which a girl in an abusive relationship escapes her comfort and meets a certain drug dealer. An absolute honor for me to have been able to write a...
4.8K 190 8
Wooyoung interlaced their fingers and squeezed. He stared into Felix's eyes with a look that was both intense and soft at the same time. "You okay?" ...
614K 37.4K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1M 19.2K 26
In which they can't seem to keep their hands off each other.