I am me (Slayer Jue Viole Gra...

By bruvman

Some call me the light of hope. Some call me the pit of darkness. Regular, Irregular...Slayer, Peacemaker...G... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Aight Yall, It's Been a Minute

Chapter 5

148 7 5
By bruvman

Karaka

_________________________________________

          It was midnight when Karaka heard knocking on his door. Of all the people it could've been, the last person he had expected was Viole. "Viole? What are you doing here?"

          Viole ignored the question. Instead, he looked up and locked eyes with him. "Did you mean it? What you said about training me."

          Karaka squinted his eyes in suspicion. It's clear that the boy is serious, but something's strange. I don't know him very well, but he certainly doesn't seem like the type to wander about in the dead of night asking questions. He likely has other intentions for coming here, better keep my guard up. "Yes, I can take the place of your master should you need me to. After all, you'll need to become stronger if you want to survive this war."

          Viole paused for a moment before speaking again. "You were right, Karaka. I've put both my team and FUG in danger. I already knew I was in the crosshairs of the Great Families, but I still selfishly dragged you all in too by attacking the Nest."

          "That's why you should stay in FUG, Viole. If we are in this mess together, then we should protect each other. We can even protect your friends if you desire it."

          Viole was already shaking his head. "No Karaka, there's only one way to truly protect everybody. By staying with FUG, or my friends, I would only lead them to their deaths. I won't make that selfish mistake again. That's why I'm leaving tonight."

          Karaka recoiled in disbelief. "I know you care little for FUG, but to leave your friends? I find that difficult to believe. During the workshop battle, you defied FUG to rejoin your friends, despite knowing that we would try to kill them. Did you really think I would believe you would leave without telling them first? I don't understand what you're intentions were coming here tonight, but I have no time for deceptions, boy."

          Karaka went to shut the door, but suddenly there was a look of immense sadness that made him pause. "If I told the others, they wouldn't have let me go. That's why I have to go without telling them."

          Karaka narrowed his eyes. What the boy says is true. FUG, the regulars, Dowon, Cha, and even the remnants of White would likely follow him wherever he went. And yet, to leave them behind without a word? It was twisted in a way that he never would've expected from Viole. "Then why are you here? Why are you telling me all this?"

          "Because I need a master, and as much as I hate to admit it, you're the only one I trust to teach me and survive climbing with me. Karaka, will you be my-"

          Before he could finish, Karaka started laughing. "You want me as your master? Your proposal is absolutely preposterous. I promised I could train you if you stayed with FUG. If I went along with your plan, I would be abandoned my duties as a slayer," Karaka scoffed before continuing. "I was worried that you would make the wrong decision but this is just foolish, and will only lead to your death."

          "It's not my death I'm worried about. I will always, ALWAYS do what I have to protect my friends, and now I understand this is the only way do that." Karaka could hear a twinge of regret in Viole's voice, but it remained strong. "I'm leaving tonight regardless of if you join me. If you don't want to come, I understand. It'll be easier to disappear from the eyes of Jahad, FUG, and my friends if I go alone after all." He shrugged and turned to walk out of Karaka's room. "I just thought you would want to keep an eye on me, that's all."

          Karaka stood there for a moment. Perhaps what he is saying makes an ounce of sense. Going rouge will certainly lessen the pressure on FUG and his friends. But, if I let the boy go on alone, it will be troublesome to find him again, and even harder to keep him safe. Above all else, I need to make sure he stays alive.

          Karaka sighed. "Fine, I accept, if only to make sure that you don't die," he said reluctantly.

          Viole simply nodded his head. "Then let's go, before anybody notices."

          With that, Karaka and Viole started to silently navigate the Cage toward where the warships were kept. Karaka followed closely behind for several minutes before Viole suddenly stopped. Ahead of them, two figures emerged from the darkness of the hall.

          "Hockney? Elaine? You should be sleeping, what are you doing here?" Viole exclaimed.

          "Stopping you from doing something stupid," Elaine retorted.

          "Bam, I know what you're doing. I know that you're trying to leave." Hockney said. "And don't even try to deny it, I had a vision," he said when Viole opened his mouth to protest. "What I don't understand is why?"

          Viole's eyes flared. "Because my mere existence puts people around me in danger. I'm a curse to everyone who's around me. I have no choice but to stay away if I want to keep everyone safe," he said, raising his voice slightly.

          "Do you want everybody to hear you? Quiet down Viole," Karaka said.

          More quietly this time, Viole added, "Tell the others I'm sorry, but I've made up my mind." Viole took a step forward, but Elaine moved to block his path.

          "A curse you say? You know, when I woke up during the blood transfusion, I did  blame you for it all. The pain, the suffering, the war. But when I recovered, I realized, I would gladly take all of it, even death, over the hell I've been living on the Name Hunt Station. You are my beacon of hope. And it's not just me, I know that everybody here feels the same. How can you honestly believe that you are a curse when you are a light for everybody you meet in this forsaken tower?" Elaine argued.

          "That is why I'm dangerous. I'm a light that will only lead you further into darkness. In the end, I will swallow up everyone in my path, good or bad, whether I want to or not. You say that even suffering and death would be better than your previous fate, but will you feel the same when the deep pit of darkness within me ends up devouring you?" The bitterness in Viole's voice caught the two regulars by surprise and Karaka could see tears start to form in Viole's eyes. "And above all else, I'm selfish. I can't stand seeing the people around me get hurt and die, even if they accept it themselves. My heart breaks with each death, and I can only take so much. So please, don't try and stop me." Not saying another word, Viole pushed through Elaine and Hockney and continued forward. They didn't try to stop him, instead exchanging a sad glance.

          As Karaka followed Viole, he mulled over the conversation with the regulars. Viole was right, his friends wouldn't have let him go easily. He knows his decision will hurt his friends, but if he is convinced that this is the only way, I guess he would rather have left without telling anyone, and not have to see their faces as he leaves. The boy truly does have a cruel fate. He was snapped out of his thoughts as they entered the hanger that held all of Yama's warships. Closing in on the nearest warship, Karaka opened the door and approached the control panel.

          "Going somewhere?" Karaka whirled around to find the source of the voice. Calmly standing by the door was Hwaryun. Karaka was starting to feel annoyed. Another one. The longer we stay, the harder it becomes to get out unnoticed.

          When Viole climbed into the ship, he found himself face to face with the guide. Viole took a step back in surprise. "Were you not expecting me? Didn't think you could leave me behind, did you?"

          "You shouldn't be here, Hwaryun. The more people around me, the more people get hurt." Viole said once he found his composure.

          Hwaryun smirked. "Hah, what a lame excuse. It's no use trying to throw me off. Wherever you go, I will find you. I'm your guide after all."

           "Same goes for us, we're coming with you," came a voice from outside. Mere moments later, Hockney's and Elaine's heads could be seen poking up into the ship.

          "I already told you, you will get hurt if you follow me," Viole said in a miserable voice. "I wanted to leave before anybody realized so I could avoid this. So why, why are you making me go through this?"

          "Bam, I understand now why you don't want to travel with us. But letting you go alone would be too sad. So we decided that we would follow you, regardless of what you say," Hockney said gently.

          Elaine shrugged. "After all, of all the other regulars, we are the ones that are inherently linked to you now. Hockney's painting is a map to find more thorn fragments, and I, well, I carry your blood now. So even if you left, I doubt we would escape trouble, so we might as well make sure you don't do anything else this stupid."

          "Don't go on thinking that we agree with your decision here, mind you. We'll show you that we aren't so weak that we'd die easily, even when climbing up someone as 'cursed' as you. And I promise that no matter how long it takes, we will convince you to come back to us all," Hockney finished.

          Viole let out a deep sigh. "I guess I don't have a choice. Let's get going," he said tersely. Upon hearing those words, the regulars visibly relaxed. Despite their bravado, it was clear that they were worried that Viole would forcibly prevent them from coming. I was worried about Viole going off alone, especially now. But with our current team of five, we should be strong enough to fend for ourselves. Plus, having the other regulars around should be good for the boy, purely for training purposes of course. But as he looked over at Viole, he knew that he was glad for the company of the regulars for another reason. However much he told himself he didn't care, Karaka was glad that for the first time tonight, Viole was smiling.

Word Count: 1758

_________________________________________

A/N

Now, the astute among you will realize that this, did in fact, not go up on Friday, and that's totally my fault. I hit save on the chapter, but because I'm dumb, I never actually hit publish T_T. But it's here now, so enjoy! And as always, if you want to help improve this story, leave a comment!

8/8/2023

I've finished going through what I had already done so its time to start working on new chapters!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 1.2K 31
Disclaimer: I don't own Tower of God and the characters it belongs to SIU. The only thing that is mine is the plot and some of my original characters...
59.9K 2.1K 40
This could not possibly be happening, right? You were sure that you had simply gone to bed as per usual and yet here you are, far from home, met with...
29.3K 612 22
- What do you want cadet? -He asked me while placing the glass of water down. - I wanted to see you. -I said to him. - Go back to your room. -He tell...
1.9K 99 18
Your not-so typical popular boy and bad boy love story. But for a little twists and turns, everyone knows the popular boy likes another guy, the bad...