Rise of the Crescent Moon

By Egoulden

When Josephine returned to her home town after the death of her parents she was prepared to take a job at the... More

The "Royal Legacy" series info
Chapter 1 Josephine
Chapter 2 Josephine
Chapter 3 August
Chapter 4 Josephine
Chapter 5 August
Chapter 6 Josephine
Chapter 7 August
Chapter 8 Josephine
Chapter 9 August
Chapter 10 Josephine
Chapter 11 August
Chapter 12 Josephine
Chapter 13 August
Chapter 14 Josephine
Chapter 15 Josephine
Chapter 16 Josephine
Chapter 17 Josephine
Chapter 18 August
Chapter 19 Josephine
Chapter 20 August
Chapter 21 Josephine
Chapter 22 August
Chapter 23 Josephine
Chapter 24 August
Chapter 25 Josephine
Chapter 26 August
Chapter 27 Josephine
Chapter 28 August
Chapter 29 Josephine
Chapter 30 August
Chapter 31 August
Chapter 32 Josephine
Chapter 33 August
Chapter 34 Josephine
Chapter 35 August
Chapter 36 Josephine
Chapter 37 August
Chapter 38 Josephine
Chapter 39 August
Chapter 40 Josephine
Chapter 41 August
Chapter 42 Josephine
Chapter 44 Josephine
Chapter 45 August
Chapter 46 Josephine
Chapter 47 August
Chapter 48 Josephine
Chapter 49 August
Chapter 50 August
Epilogue Josephine

Chapter 43 August

125 4 0
By Egoulden

I smiled down at my mate, running my hands softly over her skin as she enjoyed the sensation of the mate bond. It felt so good to know that she finally felt what I had been feeling for so long.

"My love for you made it easy to do whatever I needed to do to make you happy." I answered her questions, nuzzling my face in her hair and breathing in her sweet scent. My nose grazed my mark on her neck and she winced,

"Yeah, it'll be a little sore for a while. Maybe longer with your human genes." I whispered, gently kissing around the mark, trying to ease her pain.

"Do you regret it?" I asked her quietly, dreading the answer. Josie grabbed my face and brought my eyes to her.

"Never." She said strongly as the water from the shower dripped off her eyelashes. She pushed me against the shower wall and kissed me with more passion than I had ever felt before. The mate bond was working better than I had thought it would. I wasn't sure what to expect with her being part human, but I was not disappointed with the results as she pressed her body against mine.

Once we were finished, Josie shut off the water and stepped out of the shower. She was definitely much bolder than she was before, the mate bond giving her confidence through me. She walked out of the bathroom and slipped into her comfy clothes. She had officially moved into the packhouse a few weeks ago, bringing all her clothes and belongings with her. The cabin she grew up in stood empty after Jared went back home to his mate.

"I guess now I can officially agree to the Luna ceremony." Josie smirked from her spot on the corner of the bed. I walked across the room and crouched down in front of her,

"Are you sure?" I asked. She nodded,

"Definitely. But I don't want it to be anything too fancy." She requested.

"Anything you want, baby." I would hand her the world if she asked for it. She reached out and stroked my marking spot with her fingertip,

"I want you to be marked too." She pouted. I cupped her face in my hands,

"It's okay, love, I'm yours no matter what." I tried to assure her.

"Arlo said that maybe I would get my wolf once you marked me." She admitted shly. I cursed at Arlo for giving her that hope. It was exceedingly rare for a human to get a wolf after being marked, even one with wolf genes.

"It doesn't matter, Josie, we love you exactly how you are. If it really bothers you, I can get a tattoo of your mark on my neck. I already feel the bond, so it would just be decoration at this point anyway." I shrugged, trying to show her that I was okay. She nodded but I could tell she was still disappointed.

"Why don't I get Kasey and you two can plan the Luna ceremony together?" I tried to distract her with something I thought she might enjoy.

Kasey and Josie had become very close both at work and at the packhouse. They made a great pair and it made me happy to see her enjoying her time here with new friends.

"I would like that." Josie's face lit up and I could feel her excitement. I mindlinked Hayden and asked him to send Kasey up to our suite.

"She's on her way." I told Josie, kissing her lips one more time before opening the door in anticipation of Kasey's arrival.

"Do you have any requests?" Josie asked me sweetly, standing up from the bed. I adored how she wanted my input on everything.

"It's your ceremony, love."

"Yeah, but you're the Alpha." I sighed and walked over to her, grabbing her hip,

"Well, you do look ravishing in green." I said with a growl in my voice, offering her a bit of a suggestion. She grinned at that,

"Okay." She snuck a quick peck on my lips before Kasey arrived and I left the girls to their party planning.

"You realize we aren't going to see them again for like a week, right?" Hayden chuckled at me as I closed the door to my bedroom.

"Whatever keeps her happy." I shrugged, ignoring my Gamma as he held his post outside the room, guarding his Luna.

"Ethan, meet me in my office."

"Yes Alpha."

Ethan was already sitting inside my office by the time I got there.

"Did you run here?" I laughed at him.

"I was already in the library." Ethan shrugged as I took my seat.

"You read?" I mocked him.

"Did you need something, Alpha, or did you just call me here to get a laugh?" I raised my eyebrow at Ethan who was unusually cranky.

"Something wrong?" I asked him, needing my Beta to have a clear head. I picked up the pitcher of water and poured myself a glass as I waited for Ethan's response.

"I'm celebit." He grumbled. I nearly spit out my water,

"Excuse me?" I choked.

"Jesse, my wolf, is being pissy whenever I look at a woman. He's cramping my game so now I'm celebit." I blinked at him, not sure what to say.

"Dude, I haven't had sex in 3 weeks!" He shouted at me, throwing his head back and letting out a growl. I couldn't hold back the laughter.

"It's not funny."

"Maybe Jesse senses something." I suggested. Ethan looked at me, confused.

"Or someone...." I pressed.

"You think Jesse is sensing my mate?" Ethan perked up. Ethan was never one to wait around for his mate. Hell, I think he's slept with nearly every available she-wolf in the pack and even a few humans; he didn't discriminate.

"Could be." I shrugged smugly. I sure hope the Moon Goddess had one hell of a mate lined up for my Beta.

"Can we focus here for a minute?" I sighed, bringing us back to the topic at hand. Ethan sat up in his chair and focused his attention on me.

"What do you need, boss?" His attitude promptly changed.

"Josie is planning a Luna ceremony. The silence we've heard from the witch and her pack of rogues is concerning. I want to triple our security efforts for the ceremony. I'm putting you in charge of the security plan." Ethan stood up and placed his fist over his heart, a sign of respect for his Alpha,

"Absolutely, Alpha, you can count on me. I'll keep our Luna safe." I nodded at Ethan, dismissing him to get to work. Josie had truly captured the hearts and minds of my entire pack and I couldn't be prouder.

For the next few hours I was focused on paperwork for the business. I hadn't heard a peep from my mate so I assumed they were still knee deep in party planning and I wasn't about to disturb them. I used the time to get caught up on work that I had pushed to the side in favor of spending time with my mate. I pulled open my desk drawer to grab a file when I noticed the doll from the remains of the BloodMoon coven. I had almost forgotten about it.

I picked up the doll and sat back in my chair, looking at the detailed yarn work that constructed the doll. I turned her over and over in my hand, letting my mind wonder until my thumb slipped inside a hole in her back. I sat up and inspected the seam more closely. I pulled the doll's back apart and a small key fell out. I laid the key in the palm of my hand, noticing its pristine condition despite being buried in the ground for 4 decades. It was a copper skeleton key with an intricate design of swirls on the top.

I ran my thumb across the length of the key and noticed how the design shimmered gold. I jumped, nearly dropping the key, when Josie came barging into my office.

"What did you do?" She accused me, her eyes wild. I clenched the key in my fist,

"What?" I asked her.

"I was working with Kasey when all the sudden my mark started to sting and I had a feeling that you were in trouble." She said quickly, rushing over to me and placing a hand on my cheek, ensuring that I was real.

"I'm okay, love, I'm fine." I grabbed her hand.

"What happened?" She asked again and I showed her the key. Her hand fell from my face as she studied the key in my hand.

"It just came out of the doll?" She asked like she didn't believe me. I didn't really believe me either.

"Yup." She reached out and touched the key, gasping as it lit up.

"Yeah, it does that." At this point, nothing surprised me anymore.

"It's from a witch." She said and I shrugged, dropping the key in the palm of her hand so she could better inspect it.

"Ow!" She screamed, shaking her hand and letting the key clatter to the ground. I jumped up and studied her hand, the key had burned its shape into her palm.

"What the hell!?" She cried, clutching her hand to her chest.

"It didn't do that to me." I said, stunned. She looked at me with wide eyes, clearly not caring. I looked down at the key to see it glowing on the floor.

"I freaking hate witches." I growled in frustration. Suddenly the key started spinning, a vortex of gold forming around it and shooting up towards the ceiling. I grabbed a hold of Josie and pulled her behind me, pressing us up against the back wall. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 43K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
2K 119 50
What starts off as a raid for healing supplies, turns into so much more. A plan that started off with a Beta, hungry for power and left in charge, t...
3.7M 153K 56
Book 2 of The Alpha Series - Sequel to my first book, The Hybrid. Kaden's Luna cannot be read as a stand alone book! Kaden Reid is known as a rogue w...
1.1M 29.5K 40
With his eyes trained on me he growls, "Unchain me." The supervisor chirps quietly, "I can't." His head swivels to her, and his fists are cle...