The Unworthy Ones

By TheAverageSmolBean

(Previously "Rogues Aren't Lunas") ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~🌑~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~ Mole isn't normal. At least... More

~ P R E V I E W ~
~ A / N ~
~ C H A R A C T O R S ~
~ O N E ~
~ T H R E E ~
~ F O U R ~
~ F I V E ~
~ S I X ~
~ S E V E N ~
~ E I G H T ~

~ T W O ~

17 1 0
By TheAverageSmolBean

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-🌑-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

MOLE

Mole walked off, someone stuck in her mind.

A certain Alpha that was starting to annoy her in a way most people didn't.

She walked to Puddle Pond- her and Allie's favorite small pond- and rinsed off her hands. Storm then went to work on rinsing the yarn she had looted from the man she had killed.

Mole was there for about thirty minutes, just getting the blood off of the baby blue yarn. Once she was finished, she stood up and almost fell over.

I hate standing up too fast... She thought. If she had a wolf, she would have growled.

She sat up, I wonder when Alpha Owlfang will be 18... or is he? Or...

No, he can't be! He has no ears or tail...

Does he already have a mate, or a love intrest or... or....?

Or am I just crazy...?

SHUT-IT, STUPID BRAIN OF MINE!

HE DOESN'T NEED YOU, YOU DON'T NEED HIM!

She rubbed her temples, annoyed at the Alpha for no real reason.

She sighed and jumped to her feet, heading deeper into the forest towards her den.

She approached the stone and shoved it, revealing a tunnel. She slid into her burrow-like den and felt the walls. The dark tunnels were bright to her, and anyway, light was hard to see.

She felt towards her room. Sometimes she simply felt like a mole (her name, ironic much.)  or a bat, the way she was able to feel the area she was in.

She hopped into her room, and did a twirl towards her soft, large bed. She flopped down and squiggled under the covers, drifting asleep.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~🌑~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

LEIF

Leif fidgeted with his hands, nervous. The next day, he wouldn't wake up at all, because...

It was his 18th birthday.

And he wasn't happy.

He was scared.

Hmm...

Is that rogue 18 yet?

Or is she mated?

He shook his head, Nah. Calm down, you're Alpha, just chill.

"Yo, dude, ya good?" Zane shook Leif, "Earth to Leif! EEEARTH TOOOOO LEEEEIF!"

"Yea yea yeah, I'm heere!" Leif perked. "I'm fine totally fine not nervous!"

"He's nervous." Ezra translated. "Very nervous."

"No I am not!" Leif said, crossing his arms. "Am not!"

"Are too." Ezra said with a smirk.

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not!"

"Are tooo!"

"AM NOT!"

"ARE TOOO!"

The two boys sat there, staring at eachother in silence.

"So uhm... are either of you all gonna talk or....?" Zane mumbled awkwardly. The Gamma didn't like fights or awkward silence.

"I guess... I'm gonna eat a lot of food. I'm going to the kitchen!" Leif declared, standing up.

"Mk. Shall we?" Ezra wrapped an arm around Leif's shoulders.

"We shall!" Zane said, wrapping his arm around Leif's shoulders as well. The trio walked off.

Once they got to the empty kitchens, Zane flicked his tail. Zane, being Ezra's older brother, was 19 and had his wolf. He called it 'Annoying.'

He often mumbled, 'Shut-up, Annoying,' or 'I get it, now shut-it, Annoying.'

"So." Ezra cleared his throat, "Leif." The way he said the Alpha's names sent shivers down his spine. This was the voice his friend often used before he gave him a lecture or...

Or knew something he knew Leif was keeping from him.

"Yes." Leif tilted his head, "Ezra?"

"Me and Zane were-" Ezra started, but Zane interupted.

"Ah, just really him, he dragged me into this suspition-"

"Okay...?" Leif started panicking. Do they know about her?

"So... why didn't you arrest the rogue the moment you saw her?" Ezra said, his eyes narrowing like he was cracking the biggest case of the century and Leif was his suspect.

"I-" Leif stuttered. He trusted Ezra, but did he trust him enough.

"He was probably panicking," Zane stated. "It's not his fault. He's young, leave him be."

"Shut-up, Zane. Anyway. You corrected us instantly when you were speaking of the rogue..." Ezra said with a horribly obnoxious slowness. He walked around the rusty counter, running his finger down the edge. He ran a hand through his black hair as he hopped onto the counter, sitting down. "She, eh?" He tilted his head.

"Y-Yes." Leif turned around, acting like he was interested in the pattern on the wall. (There wasn't one.)

"So... what did she look like?" Ezra said.

"Average...?" Leif said.

"Really?" Ezra smirked. Leif knew where this was going. "Leif, you know what I'm about to ask."

"Maybe." Leif turned to face the Beta and placed his head in his hands anxiously. "Just ask it."

"Swear you'll answer honestly?" Ezra questioned.

Leif hesitated, "Swear you won't tell anyone and you won't judge me?"

"On the first swear, yes, but I may judge you." Ezra said with a shrug.

"Fine, yes, I'll answer honestly." Leif said with a sigh.

"Ezra, quit it, it's not funny." Zane said, "The poor Alpha needs a break from your obnoxious antics." Zane's green eyes narrowed at his brother. The two almost identical brothers stared at eachother for a moment.

"Zane, I'm just trying to get him to admit things so we can help him!" Ezra snapped. No, not likely.

"JUST ASK YOUR QUESTION!" Leif snapped, "AND, BEING REAL HERE, IT'S VERY POSSIBLE I WON'T BE HONEST!"

"Yo, chill!" Ezra said, annoyance creeping into his tone.

"Dude, just ask the question if you're going to, or I will." Zane said.

"Fine. Leif, did you feel like the rogue was hot?" Ezra asked, a childish smirk appearing on his face.

"I- WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT?" Leif turned away, as he felt his face heating up. "Like, SERIOUSLY, DUDE!"

Ezra started bursting out laughing and Leif heard his falling off of the counter. "Is she, though? Like, I'm curious. Seriously!" He added when Leif raised an eyebrow, "People say rogues are gorgeous, even when they're covered in blood!"

Leif flicked his pale blond hair out of his eyes. "You're annoying.." He mumbled.

"It's fine, Leif, Ezra just wants a girlfriend, no matter how murderous." Zane said.

What? No way, Ezra can't have her! Leif thought with an internal huff. Anyway, she wouldn't want him. 

I think I'm better looking.

And he's just the Beta.

I'M the Alpha!

"Yeah." Leif said with a shrug, "I guess she was..."

"Hoooooot?" Ezra smirked.

"Yep. Hot."

"How hot?" Ezra's smirk seemed to be growing off of his face; Leif wanted to say, Alright cowboys, we've got a smirk running off of Face Ranch, but that would've been really rude and Ezra would've yelled his head off of him. He would also likely side with the obnoxious, elderly Gammas that aren't Zane.

"Erm.... really hot?" Leif said, running a hand through his hair.

"Liiike, hotter than all of the girls here?" Ezra chuckled.

"I- Uh..." Leif sighed, "I said I would answer honestly, no?" Leif sighed again when he saw Ezra nodding like a crazy person, "Yes."

"OoooooO!" Ezra squealed like a toddler girl who had just gotten the newest doll.

"Seriously?" Zane asked Leif, "Did you..."

"Like her?" Ezra completed. "Bro, we're your friends. We have your back."

"I- I dunno." Leif shrugged. He grabbed an apple and with food in his mouth, he said, "Come on. We've got a meeting to attend."

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~🌑~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

MOLE

Mole stretched as she woke up. She sighed as she looked around. I see less and less by the day...

She grabbed her 'blind glasses,' as Allie called them. Allie was the only one who knew of her issue.

Mole was going blind, and she was scared every morning that when she opened her eyes, she would see just black.

So she usually practiced using her other senses, like smelling, and knowing her surroundings, etc, etc.

Oh, and she was scared that she was going insane, that too.

She stood up and put on her glasses.

As she skipped into her small closet, she simply grabbed a white jacket, white denim shorts, and a black sleeveless belly shirt. She did her hair in a simple ponytail, tied up by a white ribbon.

She walked outside, her glasses making the world feel far away.

Because they reminded her.

She was weak.

And she couldn't see.

She shook her head and walked over to a berry bush by a large pond. (Not Puddle Pond, sadly.) "Hey." She heard a calm voice from across the pond.

Mole smiled weakly as she looked across the pond. Her double vision hit and made her feel dizzy as she looked at Allie. "Hey, Fox." Mole said, her voice cracking slightly. Allie turned into her wolf, her ginger coat twinkling as she sprinted to Mole.

"Everything okay, hon?" Allie said, turning back into a human. She placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Y-Yeah." Allie was the only person who knew of her blindness. Allie pulled her friend into a hug. Allie's tail brushed against Mole's leg gently.

"No, it isn't." Allie said, pulling away, "I know you, Moley, you're my best friend."

"You're my only one, Fox." Mole smiled. "But I would pick you over the others." They sat down and Allie looked at Mole.

"Mole, I know what this is about." She pointed to her sapphire eye.

"Yeah." The short werewolf fidgeted with her hands. "Allie, I'm scared. I don't want to be blind."

Allie looked startled. Why does she look so startled? Is she surprised I'm being honest? Mole felt a single tear slipping down her cheek and she shook her head. No, don't cry now, after all you've done to make yourself look stronger...

Allie pulled her in, "You don't have to hold it in, mo chara." Allie smiled at her friend.

Mole nodded, crying quietly, "Allie, I don't want to be blind."

"Then you know what? You won't be. Moley, you will never be completely blind. You have the other senses amplified. You've adapted. You're the smallest person I know, but the bravest person in the world."

Mole smiled. Allie continued, "So, Mole, you won't ever be blind. You're clever and know what's best for you. And I want to protect you, but I can't, because you're to strong to need protecting."

Mole nodded. "You're the best, Fox." Her voice cracked. 

Allie laughed, "No, no I'm not, but..."

She held Mole's hand, her ginger hair blowing into her face. "But I'm trying."

You are, Allie, and I'll make you proud. The day I wake up to black, you'll be there, and I'll know you are. I won't just be a mole, I'll be a bat, and a cougar. Bats know their surroundings.

And cougars are fierce.

They attack.

But they don't always win.

They bounce back.

"Allie, I'm gonna bounce back. I'll do it." Mole looked up. "And I'll come back stronger."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 91 21
*Hey guys this is my first time writing. All critiques are welcome! Please comment any suggestions so I can get better! Thanks for reading.* Ari has...
187 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
196K 7.6K 35
"Why do you care?" I whispered out. "I worry about you and I have no clue why," he explained honestly which did make my heart sink a little. -_-_-_...
8.6K 366 32
WARNING ⚠️ This book I am not proud of and I could have done better. In my opinion it's kinda bad but be my guest to give it a shot and find out you...