Journey To Recovery - Empires...

By randomnessgaIore

(Post season 1 Empires) LDShadowlady's empire was ruined, but she didn't seem to remember that. She didn't se... More

1. A Strange World
2. A Strange Man
3. A Strange Lunch
4. A Strange Q&A
A/N (important)
A/N - Hiatus
5.2: A Strange Trip To The Lost Empire
5.3: A Strange Trip To Rivendell
6: A Strange Meeting With All The Rulers
7: A Strange Meeting With All The Rulers 2

5. A Strange Trip To The Cod Empire

375 17 6
By randomnessgaIore

The rest of Tuseday and Wednesday had passed surprisingly quickly. And for that one and a half of day, Lizzie had met alot of the workers, and got a tour of the palace. She still barely knew her way around, but from what she knew, she loved the place.

She was excited to meet the other rulers, she hoped that maybe they could tell her a little about herself. But she just couldn't wait to meet the rulers. They seemed so cool! Well, she had only heard their names and the names of their kingdoms— but they still seemed cool!

When Lizzie woke up, she immediately remembered what was happening that day, and got ready as quick as she could. And now she was walking with Joel to the dining hall for breakfast.

"Soo.." Lizzie started, looking eagerly to Joel. "When are we gonna visit the other rulers?" She was quick to ask, the Mezalian king grinned at her enthusiasm.

He turned to look at her as he led her through the halls. "Well, we'll meet Jimmy at eleven, so that's four hours from now." He saw Lizzie frown slightly at the long wait— she was always impatient. He had planned for this though. "But," Lizzie turned to look at him again.

"I figured in the mean time, I'd give you a tour of Mezalea." He finished, Lizzie gasped, her excitement apparent, and that particular sparkle in her eye that always made a certain tug on Joel's heart— or that's what it felt like.

"Really?" Lizzie latched onto the latter's arm. "Yep! We could head out after we eat." Joel said. Lizzie simply replied with a smile and a nod, letting go of Joel's arm and holding his hand. A subconscious act, almost out of habit. Joel said nothing of it, smiling back and continuing their walk to the dining hall in a comfortable silence.

Somehow, even when Lizzie had lost her memory about pretty much everything, she still managed to act like herself before the whole ordeal. Joel thought about it the night he brought her to Mezalea. How had she not changed? How was she still so selfless? So caring, and genuine? Joel figured she might've changed, but she didn't. Lizzie was still Lizzie. The same person he fell in love with— and was falling in love with all over again.

He looked to Lizzie, who was looking out the window next to them, that covered the whole wall of the corridor they were walking in. The sun shined on her hair, which made it seem like it was glowing. The sun also gave this effect to her eyes, making them the prettiest blue. Lizzie had this small smile on her face as she looked out at the veiw, and it made Joel feel like everything was going to be okay.

---

They ate breakfast—which was oatmeal, per Lizzie's request— and headed out. Lizzie quickly realized that the actual kingdom of Mezalea was just as beautiful as the palace.

The two viewed the different types of buildings, and much to Lizzie's surprise, got greetings from some of the villagers. It turned out she was more known than she realized.

From following paths on the ground to soaring around to admire a aerial view, it was all so amazing. And though it didn't feel like it, it took up the four hours they had to wait.

They had just gotten a drink for themselves from a cafe (whom the owners of were very shocked to see the King Joel), and were heading back to palace.

"I think there's about fifteen minutes until we should leaves now." Joel informed as they entered the palace. "Really? That was four hours? It didn't even feel like it!" A surprised Lizzie said. "Well it was great. Mezalea is wonderful."

"Yeah, this was fun." Joel replied, leading Lizzie to her room. "Very fun." Lizzie agreed.

Then they were at her room, Joel opened the door for her (as he always did, it was becoming a habit). "Well, I'm gonna go get ready. I'll be back in a few minutes." Joel said, Lizzie nodded in reply.

Lizzie got ready, but there wasn't much to do. She brushed her hair, deciding to leave it down. And checked her outfit to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with it. She ended up doing those two things about six times while waiting. You could say she was nervous.

She started to think about it, she had no idea how the rulers would react to everything. She knew that she was friends with them, but she had no idea how they acted. So how would they act about this?

Lizzie didn't want to let her anxiousness get the best of her, and before she could think of anything else, Joel knocked on her door.

She opened the door quickly, she didn't want to think about it any longer. She was sure everyone would be understanding.

"You ready?" Joel asked. "Yep!" Lizzie smiled, following Joel.

And soon enough they were in the air, flying with their elytra. Joel said that it wasn't too long of a flight to the Cod Empire, so they weren't flying too fast.

It was relaxing, although Lizzie's anxious thoughts still lingered in her mind. I guess Joel took notice to this though, because he randomly asked, "You okay?" With a slightly concerned face.

"Oh, I'm fine. Just a bit nervous, I guess. About how everyone will react." Lizzie replied.

"Oh, well that's normal. But don't worry, I know everyone will be accepting. Trust me, they'll get it." Joel assured, Lizzie smiled.

---

Soon they saw the swamp approaching, and went to land. However, Lizzie still wasn't great with the landing part of flying, so just like when she first flied, her land turned more into a tumble with a yelp.

Joel stifled a laugh as Lizzie got up and dusted herself off. "That was not funny." Lizzie said as she tried to comb her fingers through her now messy hair.

"It was a little funny," Joel said, Lizzie glared at him. "Nope, not funny at all." Joel corrected himself.

The Codfather, Jimmy, must've heard the fall and all the talking  because he suddenly walked out of his house, his eyes widening when he saw Lizzie, who didn't notice him because she was trying to get the dirt off her skirt.

"Lizzie?" He talked, shocked. Lizzie quickly looked up with a gasp. It was mainly because she wasn't expecting him, but also because his voice sounded so oddly familar.

Before Lizzie could say anything, Joel cut in.

"Oh, hey, Jimmy! Let's go talk in your house, yeah? Okay, great, come on." Joel dragged Jimmy back into his house before he could protest.

Lizzie didn't mean to be nosy, but she tried to hear what they were saying. All she could make out was Joel talking about her memory, and to not mention something. Jimmy however, sounded very confused, but also concerned.

After about five minutes they came back out.

"Uh, hi?" Said a nervous Lizzie. Jimmy stayed silent for a second, he just seemed shocked.

"So you really don't remember anything?" Jimmy asked finally, Joel elbowed him. "Ow! Uh, sorry, I just- that's just.. surprising." He said, at a loss for words.

"It's fine, but no, I don't. I'm sorry, I don't remember how close we were or what I was to you. Um, if it helps, you seem really familiar." Lizzie replied.

"Yeah, and I think I know why." Jimmy muttered, Lizzie could hear, but he didn't know that. "Jimmy!" Joel mutter-yelled at Jimmy.

"Oh, right! Well, we were pretty close. We've known eachother since were babies. It's almost like we were siblings, haha!" Jimmy explained, receiving a glare from Joel. "Um, but yeah. That's about it."

By now, Lizzie was really confused. She had no idea why Joel and Jimmy were acting so weird, and she was starting to take back what she said about Joel being "too nice to lie to her". And it didn't help that they were bad at lying. Well, there wasn't anything to lie about, but they were just really bad at hiding whatever they were trying to hide. She furrowed her eyebrows together, "Okay.." she said suspiciously.

"Well, uh, do you want a tour of the Cod Empire?" Jimmy asked, he tried to change the subject before Lizzie could ask questions. Lizzie looked to Joel, who had the same look as Jimmy. Which was a 'I'm-hiding-something-but-I'm-playing-it-off-as-casual-and-I'm-nervous-that-you're-catching-onto-me' look. Oddly specific but it's what it looked like.

Lizzie rolled her eyes (though the others didn't notice) at how sad this was for them. She decided not to ask them questions, she assumed Jimmy and Joel would implode if she did. "Sure." She replied.

"Great! I will warn, my empire's kind of small." Jimmy said, enthusiastic to show around his empire.

Jimmy went into detail about his empire, and as he did, Lizzie started to forget about her suspicions. He showed his small shack, his storage building, and The Great Wall of Cod. He showed the dock, The Cod Church, and the Copper Cod. Lots of Cod.

In all, Lizzie loved it. Although, she thought it was a bit odd at first, it grew on her pretty quickly.

Jimmy concluded the tour back where they started. "And that's the Cod Empire!"

"It's so cool! I love it."

"Well that's great! Where you guys headed to next?" Jimmy asked.

"Joey's." Joel replied, "Also, we need to have a talk later." He muttered to Jimmy, although Lizzie could hear them crystal clear.

"About what?" Jimmy muttered back. "Your acting skills."

The Codfather looked offended. "Yours weren't any better!" He protested.

"Okay, we'll be going now." Joel said. "Bye, Jim!" He said, getting ready to take off.

"It was nice meeting you, Jimmy!" Lizzie said. "Oh, right. You too!" Jimmy replied as they took off.

Yet again they were in the air, the green swamp water below them quickly turning back to blue ocean.

"So where are we going to next?" Lizzie asked Joel. "To Joey— The Lost Empire," Joel replied.

"Oh, cool! Where is that?"

"In the jungle. It's gonna be a little bit of a longer ride there." The king said.

"I don't mind, flying is surprisingly relaxing." Lizzie said, she went closer to the ocean to see her wobbly reflection.

"That is true." Joel agreed, looking at his reflection in the water aswell.

Two people flying above water, secretly admiring eachothers reflection.

---

Ahhhsojdkks I have so many things to say. One, so sorry for taking so long to upload. I was out of town for a couple weeks, and have been struggling on what to write. Two, this chapter is so short, I'm so disappointed in myself and I'm so sorry. I was gonna make it longer but my plans for this chapter would've made it too long. Then again maybe you guys want that? I'm not sure. Three, sorry if this chapter is kinda, well, bad. I don't really have an explanation, I've just been kind of out of it recently. I haven't really been too creative or motivated. But yeah. Also, last thing, I made a playlist for Jizzie. Kind of random, but I couldn't find any on Spotify, and I like listening to music while listening so maybe you guys do too? I can put it in the comments if any of you want. Anyways, that's it, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and if you please vote or comment to let me know!

Bye!!

Unedited

1948 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.4K 2K 34
After the Waves devastated the Earth, modern society collapsed. Governments didn't know what to do, and much of the world's treaties and society's pr...
3.9K 265 32
༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺ REBECCA finds herself living in another new century after constantly living one after the other. She finds herself in a time where the m...
573K 20K 73
Have you ever felt like you don't belong? Like this place you're in doesn't feel right? Like you should be somewhere else entirely? This isn't right...
16.8K 314 18
an Empeirs smp Flower Husbands fanfiction All Characters belong to there rightful owners Credits to Pinterest for every image I find =]