𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐄𝐑 | xɪᴀᴏ...

By mouussey

"Aether." He called my name and it was music to my ears as it felt like a cloud nine for me. He pinned me to... More

000
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033

016

5K 136 107
By mouussey

Xiao

A week had passed, and we got an A+ grade for presenting our literature project, but my mind can't seem to get over that night as if it happened yesterday.

First and foremost, the embarrassment is too much to handle because of what I said in the car.

• Flashback •

"What will you do if I answer yes?" I suddenly felt a heavy pressure coming from my chest as if there were a sharp knife and got angry.

"No, you should only hang out with me." Realization hit me like a bullet when words suddenly came out of my mouth without my control.

I tried to not blush from embarrassment and snap out of it. Fuck! Why did I say that? Has my mind gone completely nuts? Why does that sound so possessive? And why am I curious and asking him these lame questions?

He looked at me confused and asked, "Did you say something?"

"I said we're here."

• End of flashback •

God, this flashback has killed my soul. I was so thankful that he didn't hear what I said because I can't wait to bury my body in a dark and shady place where it belongs.

Second, my forehead can still feel his soft lips and how he pressed them gently. I know that it's his way of thanking me, but does it have to be a kiss on the forehead? Is that how friendship works? I don't do that to my friends.

I immediately fished down my phone from my bag and dialed Chongyun.

Chongyun
What's up?

Xiao
Where are you?

Chongyun
Are you that lonely that you need me to accompany you?

Xiao
Get lost.

Chongyun
I am with Xi, and we are at a cafe near the school. Why do you ask?

Xiao
Do friends give kisses on the forehead?

Chongyun
Gross, man. But if it's you, I think it's a chance since you—

I immediately hanged up on him because it made me puke to hear what he was going to say next, and he texted me "🖕"for that.

It's weird how my reaction is different towards Chongyun. Both of them are my friends. I don't feel bad when Aether does it; what makes it different?

How about we try another person? Thoma came across my mind, so I called him.

Thoma
Aww! Did you miss me already?

Xiao
No.

Thoma
So, what's with the call? We don't have a basketball practice today. If you want a karaoke night together because you got dumped, I am up for it.

I ended the call as soon as he said that because it was a mistake to call him. Let's try Kazuha because he is decent to talk with, unlike those two.

Kazuha
Greetings.

Xiao
Hey, are you busy?

Kazuha
No, why do you ask?

Xiao
I have a question.

Kazuha
What seems to be the problem?

Xiao
Do friends give kisses on the forehead?

He didn't respond and hung up on me. In the end, I didn't get an answer to my problem. I just want my life to be at ease because it has bothered me at school and at home. It made my dreams way worse.

And third, I tried so hard to remember what happened in the infirmary room, but nothing. My mind is going insane trying to remember what I stole from Aether. What was it?

"Xiao!" Just by calling my name, why did it immediately make my heart skip a beat and made my stomach feels funny?

"What?" It's hard to look at him straight in the eyes because it reminds me of how he was in my dreams every night, which is bullshit.

"Xiao, are you even listening to me?" My senses came back to reality when Aether tapped my shoulders.

"N-no." I stuttered because his face was moving too close to mine, and that made me scoop back a small step.

He let out a sigh and said, "Chongyun invited us to have a slumber party at his house along with our friends. I just want to ask if you plan on coming along."

A slumber party? He didn't mention this while we were on the phone. Right, I hanged up on him.

"I don't know. How about you?"

"I asked my sister if she's fine with it, and she agreed, so I'll probably be going since we don't have class tomorrow and having a slumber party with our friends sounds fun," he answered and genuinely smiled at me.

I'm too tired. I just want to sleep. It would also be a bad idea to go since Aether would be there. It's not that I'm avoiding him. It's more like running away from the problem.

"Alright. I'll go." What the fuck? I want to punch myself for agreeing. My inner and outer selves seem to have different wants.

"Great! See you later," he said, leaving my sight.

I bit my bottom lip and covered my face with my hand. Is this a sign that I should see a doctor? Because I don't know what to do anymore.

I closed my eyes and shook my head to shrug off these unusual thoughts and emotions. I decided to head home to get some clothes for the sleepover.

"Young master Alatus, welcome home." Noelle greeted me as usual and bowed her head as she spoke.

"Noelle, are my parents home?" I asked.

She nodded her head and responded, "Yes, they are both in Master Zhongli's bedroom."

I sighed because that question was stupid to ask when the answer was extremely obvious.

"Okay, thank you," I said, and I went inside my room to pack some clothes like a hoodie, a shirt, some pajamas, and sweatpants. I also include underwear, toiletries, and other necessities.

My attention was quickly diverted when my phone rang. It was a call from Chongyun. What does this asshole want now? I groaned, and it left me no choice but to pick it up.

Xiao
What do you want?

Chongyun
I just want to say that you're a jerk for hanging up on me earlier.

Xiao
I will also hang up if this is not important.

Chongyun
Sometimes it makes me wonder whether you're on your period or menopausal stage because of your anger issues.

I ended the call, but this asshole called me again.

Xiao
I'm busy.

Chongyun
Is this how you treat your friend who is worried about you? I'm hurt.

Xiao
Shut up.

Chongyun
Damn. I bet even a monk couldn't fix your anger issues. Anyway, I heard that you're coming to the slumber party.

Xiao
What of it?

Chongyun
I was supposed to tell you earlier, but some jerk hung up on me. It also surprised me to know that you wanted to come; even Kazuha couldn't believe it. So what's the reason you want to go?

I also want to ask the same question for myself. What's the reason I want to go?

Xiao
Just bored.

Chongyun
Your excuse is so lame that it makes me want to puke. Let me change the question. Does your reason have to do with Aether?

I didn't respond because words wouldn't come out from my mouth. Was it because of Aether?

Chongyun
Bingo!

Xiao
No. I told you that I was bored.

Chongyun
Keep telling yourself that. By the way, the location is not at my condo, but at the villa.

Xiao
Wouldn't your parents mind?

Chongyun
Don't worry. I asked permission from them, and they're okay with it. Besides, they're on a business trip together, so the villa is all ours.

Xiao
Whatever.

Chongyun
Can you bring the controllers? Because we're going to play Gens—

I dropped the call because I already knew what he was going to say and it's not going to happen. I went down to the kitchen to eat some almond tofu because my stomach grumbled out of hunger.

My ears can hear voices from the kitchen, and another nightmare flashed before my eyes because I just saw my two fathers kissing each other.

"God! Get a room!" I yelled and immediately turned my head around.

"Oops. Sorry! We didn't notice you were there," Dad said as he let out a chuckle and my head began to ache.

"Can't you two get some privacy?"

"It's just that your father is just too handsome, and it makes me want to kiss him." Call the medic because my stomach suddenly feels sick.

Pops, on the other hand, sipped his tea while covering his face with a book. I sighed and got some almond tofu on the table.

"Can I stay at Chongyun's house for tonight?" I asked.

"What seems to be the occasion?" Pops asked.

"A slumber party along with our friends." Both of them dropped their spoons and looked at me with shock.

Dad moved closer to me and touched my forehead to check my temperature. "Are you running a fever today?"

"No," I said, removing his hand.

"It's just that it took us by surprise that you wanted to go."

"So, does that mean you won't allow me to go?" I asked.

"You can go to that slumber party, son," Pops answered.

"By friends, does that mean Aether would also be there?" Here we go again. Why does everyone always mention Aether when it comes to me?

"Yes."

Dad smirked and wriggled his eyebrow. "I see. Good luck, sweetie."

Huh? What does luck have to do with it? It made me curious, but I would rather not ask and prefer to escape this situation.

"Wait! I want to show you something," he said, and he fished out his phone from his pocket.

"So, the Tartaglia company will have a new and unique women's lingerie collection to be released soon." Another reason for me to leave is because I am not interested in hearing about this.

"What collection?" Pops asked. It surprised me that he didn't know about dad's plan for the company, but still, I get a bad feeling about it.

"A collection that would create a steamy situation for the ladies. Behold my greatest masterpiece! What do you think?" He asked and showed us a photo of a model wearing a bunny lingerie costume.

Fuck. I immediately diverted my eyes away and tried not to blush. I want to get out of here and cool my head. I just want to get that image out of my mind.

As for Pops, he froze in his seat and probably had a heart attack.

•••••

Author's Note:

A bunny lingerie costume sounds promising.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.8K 1.6K 21
Got the cover image off google lol This is a fanfic of Aether travelling to Liyue from Mondstadt to find his sister, obviously he meets Xiao there an...
24.7K 769 27
Xiao has been going through some tough times, until he met his former classmate, Aether. He got comfortable with him pretty quickly, but later on he...
654K 10.4K 56
WARNING: S.H. 🚫 SENSETIVE TOPICS 🚫 S*ICIDE 🚫 LEMONS 🚫 I AM HORRIBLE AT ENGLISH. EXCUSE ALL OF THE MISTAKES I'MA MAKE. This is for Female readers...
68K 1.4K 25
Drawn to Xiao and not knowing why.. Everyone has left him, leaving him to have no care whatsoever. His pain is forever and he will always endure it...