RED

By dreamquisite

❝And I can see the sirens on his eyes, the poison on his lips, the burns of his touches, and yet I embraced h... More

RED
PRELUDE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 3

5.4K 273 181
By dreamquisite

Donghyuck never knew he could run so fast that he could feel his heels flying just to chase her.

Damn, he never ran for a girl; in all moments, he's the one being chased.

The slight strain on his wrist is still picking up his emotions, and his mind is clouded by nothing but soulmate, soulmate, soulmate.

Eyes following the enraged new student, Donghyuck ignored all of it and passed by so many greetings, questions, and concerns, and the only thing he wanted was to see her.

Well, now he did, and his grip latched onto her shoulder. Gayoon faced him in surprise, and Donghyuck's eyes landed on something peeking on her exposed collarbone—the four-leaf clover.

"You," he panted, yet face downed in black, "my soulmate."

"Can't escape it, can we?" Gayoon took a deep breath and looked around, seeing the hall they were in wasn't cramped with many students. "Look, one thing—"

"I don't want to meet you," Donghyuck cuts off. "If anything, I don't want to know you for life."

"Well, sorry, I didn't mean to complete the bond. I'll try to stay away from you as much as possible," Gayoon retorted.

"Good–"

"Is that really what you want me to say?"

Donghyuck stood in silence, looking at her.

This silence is tricking him, and his hands are clamming to reach onto her. Donghyuck groaned.

He stood against the wall and threw his head back, his tongue pushing against the side of his mouth.

"Does this mean you deny us being soulmates?" Gayoon spoke after a few moments.

"If I can, without consequence, I will," he answered without hesitation.

Though at the same time, a crush on his chest made him wince.

Well, that hurt. Fucking soulmate rules.

Gayoon can just stand there and flicker her gaze back and forth to the male and onto the distance.

Donghyuck's first impression is a curse to her, and out of all who can be her soulmate, it's him.

Gayoon accidentally locked eyes with him; there, they couldn't put off the single string of connection, and somehow they knew what was to come.

And Donghyuck perfectly shrugged it off.

"I'm not an ideal one," he said as if it were his most obvious trait. "This soulmate bond is still a blur to me, and I can't change the way I am that easily."

"Does that include making out the bride's sister?"

Donghyuck gave her a what  expression, and Gayoon just shook her head, dismissing the topic.

"I can't say I'm happy with this sudden meeting, but know that I'm somehow... relieved." Gayoon calmly spoke. "I'm honestly overwhelmed to finally know you," she said, but still enough to hear him.

Donghyuck turned to her because of it—her face was still firm and demanding as ever.

Without a word, he offered his hand. Gayoon stared at it for a moment, and her gaze trailed until she could look into his eyes. It wasn't glimmering with excitement or anything, but why the hell did she find it beautiful?

"I might hurt your feelings one day, but that's just what makes me me, and I'm doing this for formality. I'm Lee Donghyuck."

"Shin Gayoon," she said, holding his hand, and somehow the pain of their tattoos disappeared.

She saw how the tattoo on his wrist bloomed in a darker green color—the sign that they had completed the bond—and she knew her tattoo was changing as well.

Realizing that he's staring at her tattoo one beat longer, Donghyuck looked away and pulled out his hand.

"Nobody should know this."

"What?" Gayoon confusedly quipped.

"I had a perfect life before this, sugar. We'll see each other again around the campus." Donghyuck turned his back.

"I'm not even allowed to call you?"

Donghyuck looked over and smirked. "Why, you can. I'll be on Cherry High every night, soulmate. See you when I see you."

And just like that, she was standing alone.

Like nothing has ever happened.

Donghyuck let out a relieving smile as the alcohol cruised down his throat. The bitter taste perfectly trickled his taste buds, and he can't really ask for more.

"It's just the first day, Hyuck; what's your problem?" Mark called out. "Did you fail to hook up with one of your classmates?"

"Sweet, I didn't even see him flirting with one," Jeno said.

"That's new. Has no one sparked your interest yet, cousin?"

"Shut the fuck up," Donghyuck spat as he easily cleared one bottle and reached for a new one.

"Woah, woah, take it easy. No." Jeno grabbed the bottle off his hold.

Donghyuck clicked his tongue and said, "Give it, fucker."

"Hey, if you have a problem, we can talk it out. You don't have to spit curses, Donghyuck; you have to aim for a clean reputation."

"What? Do you think all higher officials don't do drugs? Be thankful I'm not, Minhyung. Just give me the beer."

"Not if you don't tell us what happened," Mark firmly said.

Donghyuck just pushed his back on the chair and forced a smile. "Fine, I found my soulmate."

Jeno choked on his drink. "What? Who's the unlucky one?"

"Hyuck, you." Mark couldn't believe what he just heard and just stared at the younger man who's lighting up a cigarette. "You found your soulmate."

"Mhm, quick turn, right?" Donghyuck chuckled, blowing out smoke in the process. "Hell, I just want to punch the old man for transferring us."

"You know you can't go up against grandpa," Mark warned. "But Hyuck, that's amazing."

"Oh, please, don't give me that talk!"

"You need to be more careful and responsible now, Donghyuck."

"Don't give me that shit, Minhyung."

"Hyuck, you're just scared." Jeno spoke, shutting the male. "Make this one work; come on."

"You don't know anything." Donghyuck slammed his hands on the table and stood up. "Don't tell me what to do."

Walking away, Donghyuck welcomed himself for his sins again.

Warm bodies stuck to him, and flirtatious talks echoed in his ears.

He felt a heavy weight on his chest, yet he shrugged it off, relishing the moment where his back is littered with scratches, his lips pressing on the other, as he chased his own heaven.

and the stressing story starts now

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

371K 15.7K 32
❝Run when you can, sweetheart❞ He's the danger but his fire is a soft cloth of embrace around her. ▂ ❗️ viewer discretion is advised may include: exp...
99.7K 4.3K 30
❝was the fame worth our friendship?❞ ꒰ when a childhood love story finally gets to blossom as donghyuck comes home from seoul. he knows his feelings...
644K 29.7K 40
❝ she has your eyes ❞ ❝ she has your nose❞ ❝ she's not our baby! ❞ soulmate au. lowercase intended. swearing used. highest ranking: #3 in leejeno #...
315K 10.3K 62
ㅡ makeup artist。 ㅡ 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐮。 lee donghyuck, a mischievous star that turns us all lovestruck by his charms, finds hi...