Married to a Herrscher: Senti...

By THEWORLDTOKIWOTOMARE

Loosely connected one-shots pertaining to Sentience's and (Y/N)'s relationship. This fan fiction follows afte... More

2 - Friendships
3 - Adorable
4 - Droopy

1 - Lovebirds

2.7K 47 7
By THEWORLDTOKIWOTOMARE

(Y/N) was not the most interesting person; from his mannerisms, specialties, and skills, one could simply think of him as just a kind individual, no different from the others that existed within the world.

One of the most distinct parts of his character, as well as his life, was that he was a captain, the captain of the battleship Hyperion, to be more specific. He had held the title for around ten years by now, and throughout the course of ten years, he had experienced many things, some much, much more important than others. 

He remembered when he first started out, stepping onto the cold metal of the battleship, afraid, scared, and worried about what other people would think about him. He wasn't the best with people back then, and even now, he still had some trouble due to the circumstances of his childhood; however, he persevered, gaining many friends and forming relationships that he never could have made if he had taken any other profession. On the other hand, however, he had almost died several times, so much so that it was honestly starting to get comical how much he had cheated death. 

Nevertheless, he didn't lament or feel regret for those moments; to him, his near-death experiences only made him stronger, and one of them even allowed (Y/N) to create a bond like no other, one that was special, so, so special to him. 

What bond was that and who was it with, you may ask? Well, it was with the amazing, absolutely flawless...

"Hey, (Y/N), are you done with work yet?" A silver-haired girl asked, her eyes red with a jewel implanted into her forehead, a jewel that was a defining part of who she was.  

"No, I still got some papers to sift through, unfortunately..." (Y/N) replied, writing his signature on several pieces of paperwork that had "Schicksal" plastered on the top of each page. 

Herrscher of Sentience.

Yes, (Y/N) had, indeed, developed an extraordinarily close bond with the Herrscher of Sentience herself, so close, in fact, that they got married.

It was still unbelievable to (Y/N) just how close they had become and how their relationship had grown in the course of nine years. They met nine years ago, and she also tried to kill him nine years ago. They had also gotten together nine years ago, and to believe that it all started with (Y/N)'s belief that anyone could be friends.

Over that period of time, their relationship had only grown stronger and stronger, all the way to a point where they were inseparable. Wherever (Y/N) would go, Sentience would follow along; whenever (Y/N) was doing work, Sentience would help and be right there with him; when assigning missions or being assigned missions, Sentience and (Y/N) would always be together, holding hands whilst doing so. 

It was certainly clear to literally everybody around them that they did and accomplished everything and went everywhere together, and all of their friends as well as the people they knew were fine with it, although it would cause some trouble for Theresa as she would have to try to convince Sentience that nothing would happen to (Y/N) when they did separate missions, every time such a situation would occur (which was rarely). To be clear, (Y/N) didn't do missions pertaining to fighting or even making weapons; rather, he spent most of his time doing reconnaissance or assigning Valkyries missions, both of which were, pretty much, harmless.

Notwithstanding this, Sentience was always with him, even for those missions as well as for when he had to do paperwork, which was what he was doing right now. 

"Aww.... when do you think you'll be done?" wrapping her arms around (Y/N)'s neck, Sentience rested her head on (Y/N)'s shoulder as he put down his pencil and smiled at her.

"In a few minutes, I hope; I promise, we'll play some games after this," he said back to her, giving her a peck on the lips, which made her smile in turn.

"Alright, but when you're done, we're going straight to the living room, alright?"

"Of course," (Y/N) replied as Sentience continued to hold him, having no intention to let go, and (Y/N) was fine with that. 

Picking up his pencil once again, (Y/N) went back to signing more papers, albeit this time with Sentience's head resting on his shoulders and her arms wrapped around his neck. It certainly made him and gave him more motivation to continue working and to finish faster, but he still had a considerable amount of work to get through.

Luckily, it would only take a few minutes, considering how most of them just forced him to sign his name after reading two to three paragraphs based on weapon supply or the transportation of three-hundred pounds of bitter melon, for some odd reason. Nevertheless, it was his job, and his job constituted that there was no need to question the transportation of goods, so long as they weren't harmful. 

"Why did they give you so much today? You don't usually get this much work," Sentience complained, looking down from (Y/N)'s shoulder to see the small stack of papers on their desk.

"It's not actually that much; most of it just consists of me signing my name, even if that's a little tedious," finishing with another piece of paper, (Y/N) put it on his right, where the work he had finished laid neatly in a nice stack. 

"Still, don't you think you could ask the midg- I mean, the 'overseer' for less work?" Sentience persisted.

"No, it wouldn't be fair to her. She's already doing a lot of work anyway, especially because of the situation at St. Fountain," Theresa had been clogged up with work for a while now; thus, (Y/N) actually asked if he could take a part of the workload, so Theresa gave him some assignments that she would normally do. Ever since the report that there had been incidents at St. Fountain since March of this year, a couple of Valkyries had been moved to St. Fountain to look deeper into the situation. Theresa, though not going to the city physically, still had to do an extraordinary amount of work surrounding the situation, which only grew as more things were found out about what could possibly have happened there.

"Speaking of St. Fountain, weren't you supposed to go there, Senti?" (Y/N) thought out, which only caused Sentience to sigh deeply.

"Yeah... I'm going to be going there next week, even when I told that little girl not to move me," Sentience said, irritated at the fact that she would actually have to be going on a mission without (Y/N)... even though this was only the second time she had to split from him due to a mission in two years.

"Hey, it'll be fine. I know you'll be safe considering... yeah, and I won't be doing much anyway; I'll probably just be signing documents and working with Theresa, which is nothing dangerous, right?" 

"Yeah, I know. It's just that it'll be kinda unfortunate that I won't be able to see you for a while," Sentience was right on that. It would most likely be a while before they'd see each other physically after this week, as the situation in St. Fountain had been named "critical" in the Schicksal database. Such events meant that Valkyries who were assigned to partake in them would most likely be absent for weeks and, at worst, months.

However, that did not mean that they couldn't see each other virtually or digitally, which (Y/N) decided to reaffirm to her. 

"That doesn't mean we won't see each other; we'll still be able to meet virtually, and I'll make sure to call you a lot."

"Haha, you better!" Sentience replied, pushing her cheek against (Y/N)'s, which elicited a nice, hearty smile from him. Sentience was always cute too (Y/N), though, at times, he did have to admit that she was scary, especially when they first met. He could still remember the cold, red, iron chain that was attempting to coil around his throat and choke him out, which actually made him slightly shiver as he recalled the memory, something that Sentience noticed.

"Huh? Why are you shivering, (Y/N)? Do you have a cold?" 

"N-no, I don't. I'm... just thinking of something; any way, since I just finished with work, do you want to play some games?" (Y/N) said quickly, trying his best not to tell her that he was actually shivering because of her and her deadly chains... even if those memories were from when they first met.

"Oh, yeah! Come on, let's go!" Luckily, it seemed to have worked, and Sentience uncoiled her arms from (Y/N)'s neck and began to drag him along, grabbing his arm and pushing him up from the desk.

(Y/N) didn't even have time to put the paperwork he had finished into the stack on his right before Sentience dragged him along, but he'd do that later.

Right now, all that mattered was spending time with the one he loved most.

Though, he was guaranteed to lose to Sentience no matter what game they played, as Sentience was really, really good at video games.

...he really needed to start practicing again.

---------------------------------------------------------

This will be a six part story; thus, it won't be too long, but the chapters themselves will be.

Anyways, that's it for this one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 10.7K 32
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
1.8M 60.1K 73
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
304K 9.1K 100
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
63.6K 1.3K 47
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A messy relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando...