Swim Until You Love Me

By glowing_pheonix

//๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ข, ๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ช๏ฟฝ... More

Authors Note
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII
Part VIII
Part IX
Part X
Part XI
Part XII
Part XIII
NEW STORY!!

Part I

2K 19 0
By glowing_pheonix

"Are you sure?" Mom asked me skeptically.

"Yes, ma. It's just two days and this gig is important to me."

"Alright then."

Every year, my siblings, my mom and I spend summer at Cousins Beach with my mom's best friend, Susannah and her two sons, Jeremiah and Conrad, at her beach house. It was the best time of the year, no arguments. I loved being there with the people I loved the most in the whole world, but this year it would have to wait. I had a gig to play at Jersey Beach the day after my family were planning to leave for Cousins. I would drive down the day after that which would mean I would miss the first two days of summer.

It wouldn't matter much, would it?

*****

"No," Belly yelled. "Why would want to miss the first 2 days?! Just miss the gig!"

"Stop being dramatic Bells. Its not that big of a deal."

Steven popped his head into my bedroom. "She's right Bells, its fine." Turning to me he said, "We'll still miss you on the drive up there though. You're the only one who sings in tune."

I smiled at him, but stayed silent.

*****

The drive to Cousins was always filled with nervous anticipation. The drive in itself was not the prettiest in the world, but it would always be the most memorable. The thought of seeing the boys, Susannah, and the house again always made a bit stir crazy. I knew everyone in my family shared the feeling, but only Belly would join me as we yelled out Taylor Swift songs in an attempt to contain our excitement.

Driving up there today, I missed her a bit. It was alright though; I would see her soon enough.

I pulled up into the driveway and smiled up at the house. Usually, Jere and Conrad and Susannah would be sitting on the steps waiting for us. No such reception today, though. "That's what I get for being two days late," I thought to myself.

Resolute not to spoil my happy mood, I walked into the house.

"Madi!" I heard the all too familiar, angelic voice of dear, dear Susannah as she pulled me into a hug.

I pulled away grinning. Taking one look at her though, the grin quickly slipped off my face. She looked- off. I couldn't put my finger on it- maybe she looked more tired, or had more wrinkles on her face.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

She looked like I caught her off guard. "Yeah, of course. My favourite girl's here, how could I not be?" I was about to reply, but the thought left my mind as I saw one of my favourite people walk in- Conrad Fisher.

Conrad was my best friend. He was kind, and smart- but he wasn't afraid to have fun. He was into music, like me. He was my confidant. He just got me, and he never judged. We sort of had a deeper connection I suppose.

When I was 10, I was in love with the idea of soulmates. The mystery, the romance, the whole idea of finding that one person- it was exciting. Then Steven, the jerk that he was, told me that not everyone actually finds their soulmates, and then they end up like "The Grinch". My Grandma- the ever feminist- explained to me that soulmates didn't have to be romantic. You could find that person who totally understands you even in a friend. Even then, my mind immediately went to Conrad. He was totally my platonic soulmate.

"Connie!", I yelled, smiling and opening my arms for a hug. He gave me sort of a half- smile and a half- hug, mumbled something about swimming and ran off.

Jeez, what was with everyone? Had something actually happened in the two days I was gone?

*****

I was in my room unpacking when my door burst open.

I yelped and turned around, startled.

"No way!", he yelled, pulling me into a hug. "When did you get here?"

Jeremiah Fisher. With his blue eyes and golden curls and beautiful heart. Jeremiah Fisher- who gives the best hugs and the warmest smiles and triggers every love song to go off in my head at once. Get a grip, Madi.

Pulling away from the hug, I replied, "It's only been like an hour Jere."

"And I'm offended you didn't call me immediately. Belly and I have been wanting to go swimming all day and we've been waiting for you. C'mon.", he said, widening his eyes at the end.

The ocean sounded great right now. "Alright, let's go!"

*****

"So, what plans do you guys have this summer?" I asked everyone as we sat eating dinner.

"Jere and I are working at the Country Club", said Steven.

"Yeah, I'm lifeguarding and Steven's working the snack shack," Jeremiah said, fist-bumping Steven.

I snorted. "Seriously? You're gonna go into the Country Club voluntarily?" Everyone laughed.

"Its all about the bread dude. I mean you've got your gigs and I worked last summer too. It'll be fun to do it with Jere," Steven defended.

"Alright. Do we have any major parties to hit?" I asked glancing at the Fisher boys.

They looked at each other awkwardly. Finally, Jeremiah said "We've got a few."

I looked around confused. "What's going on?"

"Umm, we kind of got busted for underaged drinking last night."

"Oh shit," I replied, my eyes wide.

"Yeah, and Belly sort of gate- crashed and then got busy hitting on boys." Steven said incriminatingly.

"No way", I replied, high-fiving her. She grinned.

"It was a beach party, Steven, I couldn't have gate-crashed it even if I wanted to. Also, it was one boy and I wasn't hitting on him, I was just talking. Plus, you guys kind of ruined the night anyways," Belly said.

"Wait no way. What happened?" I asked.

"Steven was being stupidly overprotective. And Conrad got into a fight," said Belly. I frowned at Conrad. He looked away.

To Steven I said, "C'mon man what the hell? It was like the first party of the summer."

"Hold on, you're okay with her walking around those parties? You know how they get," he replied.

"She has to do it at some point. I would rather she did it now, when we are around, rather than later with people she doesn't really know and we don't really trust," I reasoned.

Belly smiled at me. I winked at her.

Susannah also smiled and said, "On that note, I have a surprise for you two girls. I have wrangled Belly and Mads invitations to be debutants."

I raised my eyebrows at her. "Are you serious?"

"Wait, is that the thing where girls wear white dresses and curtsy?" asked Belly. I grimaced.

"Its when a girl comes of age and is presented to society. I know it sounds silly, but I swear its fun. Girls come from all over New England just to be a part of it. It used to be about finding a husband, but now it's about networking, and they teach you leadership skills, how to market yourself. And it benefits charity," Susannah explained.

"I can't believe you're holding onto this archaic dream," Mom said. She obviously wasn't into the idea. Honestly, neither was I.

"The whole deb scene is bullshit. Its for sheep," Conrad said. I could tell it ticked Belly off.

"No, its not. It's a formal recognition that the girl has reached maturity."

Steven snorted. "Maturity? That thing? I get Madi but I mean, Bells, a couple months ago you had a cat funeral and made us all wear black."

"Shut up Steven, I saw you cry in your room later," I defended Belly.

"Wait, Mochi died? Dang, I'm sorry Bells." Jeremiah said. I smiled to myself.

"Girls, what do you think? Don't you wanna get all dressed up?" Susannah asked us.

I looked at Belly and then Jeremiah. He smiled slightly and then shrugged. "I'll think about it," I told Susannah. Belly agreed.

There's no way I'm doing this.

"So, Bells, who's this guy you were talking to at the party?"

*****

"Night swim? Without Belly?" Mom asked me.

"Yeah. Belly's talking to Taylor," I replied.

I walked out to see Conrad sitting with his feet in the water, smoking.

"Since when do you smoke?" I asked him.

"Since when do you care?" he retorted.

I grinned and replied, "Ouch. I care sometimes Connie." I dived into the water. Swimming around the pool in neat laps, I kept glancing at Conrad, trying to figure out what was wrong.

He must have caught on. "What?" he asked.

I grinned and held out my hand. "Give me a puff."

"There's no way."

"What? Why not?"

"You'll get it all wet!"

"Oh my god." I rolled my eyes. I planted my hands on ledge right beside him and pulled myself up to his level. "Give me a puff," I repeated, holding my mouth open.

He grinned and placed the cigarette in my mouth, looking at me with an unrecognisable look on his face. I looked at him quizzically, but smiled and made a show of letting out the smoke through my lips. He smirked and held eye contact.

I heard a throat clearing. "Umm, we're going to a party. You guys wanna come?"

Shit. Jeremiah. I dropped back into the water. Resurfacing, I said, "Sure, let's go."

________________________________________________________________________________

A/n

That was the first part. I hope you enjoyed it!! More to come soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 66 14
{Discontinued} I simply lost interest and began a brand new story, Summer Love. Ariana Conklin. The girl of Jeremiah's dreams. This summer was going...
196K 3.3K 44
I don't wanna hurt you but you live for the pain. Female OC x Jeremiah Fisher (1) The Summer I Turned Pretty TV series fanfic Started: 07/09/2022 Com...
460K 7.1K 25
๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡, Y/n Conklin has been in love with Jeremiah Fisher for as long as she can remember. The months of June through August have always be...
47.3K 536 32
This may seem like just another summer. Since Addi can recall, she has been going to Cousins with her family to spend the summer with the Fisher. Thi...