Rooming with Chase

By book_bitch07

I run out of the shower and crash into somebody making us both fall to the floor. What is it with me and cras... More

~PREFACE~
~CHARACTER AESTHETICS~
~PROLOGUE~
~CHAPTER 1~
~CHAPTER 2~
~CHAPTER 3~
~CHAPTER 4~
~CHAPTER 5~
~CHAPTER 6~
~CHAPTER 7~
~CHAPTER 8~
~CHAPTER 9~
~CHAPTER 10~
~CHAPTER 11~
~CHAPTER 12~
~CHAPTER 13~
~CHAPTER 14~
~CHAPTER 15~
~CHAPTER 16~
~CHAPTER 17~
~CHAPTER 18~
~CHAPTER 19~
~CHAPTER 20~
~CHAPTER 21~
~CHAPTER 22~
~CHAPTER 23~
~CHAPTER 24~
~CHAPTER 25~
~CHAPTER 26~
~CHAPTER 27~
~CHAPTER 28~
~CHAPTER 29~
~CHAPTER 30~
~CHAPTER 31~
~CHAPTER 32~
~CHAPTER 33~
~CHAPTER 34~
~CHAPTER 35~
~CHAPTER 37~
~CHAPTER 38~
~CHAPTER 39~
~CHAPTER 40~
~CHAPTER 41~
~CHAPTER 42~
~CHAPTER 43~
~CHAPTER 44~
~CHAPTER 45~
~CHAPTER 46~
~CHAPTER 47~
~CHAPTER 48~
~CHAPTER 49~
~CHAPTER 50~
~CHAPTER 51~
~CHAPTER 52~
~CHAPTER 53~
~CHAPTER 54~
~CHAPTER 55~
~CHAPTER 56~
~CHAPTER 57~
~CHAPTER 58~
~CHAPTER 59~
~CHAPTER 60~
~EPILOGUE~
Next Book!!

~CHAPTER 36~

4.5K 100 8
By book_bitch07

*•*•*•Thanks Giving sky rocketed to the losing your finger while cutting the turkey didn't it?•*•*•*
——————————————————————————

Status: Not Edited

Thanks Giving, an annual national holiday marked by religious observances and a traditional meal including turkey. Or as we like to call it in my house, annual hell on earth day. It can get as dangerous as loosing a finger while cutting the turkey, or as low key as telling everybody you're gay, just like my brother did many Thanks Givings ago. The only two days a year when everybody stays at our house. They come Thanks Giving day and leave after Black Friday.

You see my father has a deal with my mothers side of the family. That as long as I can talk and breath, these people that my mother used to call family, come over, stay, chat, eat and annoy the living hell out of everybody that's sane in this household.

"Maddie you've got to stop freaking out, their your grandparents what's the worst that could happen?" May says from Sebastian's lap. And Lizzie nods along.

I was currently running around my room like a crazy person hiding my shit, because my grandparents would be here today, so would my aunt, uncle and cousins.

"You guys don't know my grandparents, they... hmm they once searched my room for drugs because they thought I was high when I had said that I didn't like the peas that my grandmother had brought. I was nine." I said and they wince at the thought.

"That's true. That was one rough Christmas."

"That was at Christmas?" Lizzie asks and I nod.

"My grandparents don't care, they just do whatever they please. They want to eat the lay piece of cake knowing damn well that you haven't eaten yet? They will eat it with no mercy. They want to criticize you about every life choice you've made, they will no matter how hard you try and change the subject."

"Your aunt Carol is even worse."

"Ain't that the truth. They say that apple doesn't fall far from the tree? That apple never left the tree." I finish hiding my shit and turn to Seb. "You hid all of your stuff?"

"All that's left is my guitar. That goes inside Natasha's bedroom since they never go in there." He states.

"Wait you've got to hide your stuff from the grandparents too?" May turns to him and he nods.

"Yeah. I'm like Maddie's brother, if they feel like Maddie's hiding shit they will search my room."

"Oh that's just too much."

"Yeah it is." I say and go into my closet looking for an outfit my grandmother bought me. "Sebastian where's the goodwill box?" I ask as I start looking through my closet.

"In the garage, but your dress is in laundry room ironed." He answers.

"Thank you." I say and start to make my way out of my closet. As I make my way out of the room I stop. "Wait who ironed it?"

"Nat." He says rolling his eyes. I smile and make my way out of my room and into the laundry room. There it is. The ugliest dress to ever be seen on this planet. I grab it and start walking up the stairs. I walk into my room and hang it on my closet door.

"Oh my god what is that?" Lizzie says and I chuckle.

This dress was the dress that my grandmother wore when she met my grandfather she said that it was her lucky dress and the. She gave it to my mom to wear and when I was old it enough my grandmother gave it to me. I now have to wear it every Thanks Giving.

It was a floral dress that was so long you couldn't see my ankles. It had wine red roses all over it and forest green leaves scattered across the dress. And the dress Coker was a grey-ish peach since it was so old.

Give me a Tuttle neck for underneath and I can join a convent without anybody noticing.

"It's my Thanks Giving dress, don't you like it?" I turn around. They both nod with fake smiles. "You can stop now. It's ugly."

"Yeah, it is." May says. "No offense babe, but you're not wearing that are you?"

"Yes I am. This is the dress that my grandmother wore to every Thanks Giving until my mom was born and the dress that my mother had to wear until I was born and now I have to wear..."

"Until your daughter is born." She says and I nod with pursed lips.

"Yes that's one of the many reasons I have always wanted boys instead of girls." I say and grab the dress again going to the ensuite to change. I change and look at myself in the mirror. Maybe I can bump into one of my cousins and make them 'accidentally' spill something on me. "Okay I'm coming out."

"Babe spill your coca-cola on it." May says to Seb and I laugh out loud.

"And have evil grandmother scold me? No thank you."

"Oh come on Seb. We'll tell her that it was the dry cleaners." I say and he shakes his head.

"Yeah She won't believe that one."

"Fine, I'll wear the ugly dress for dinner it's not like i haven't before." I sigh and the doorbell rings. "The biological family is here." May stands up from Sebastian's lap and we all start making our way down the stairs.

"Okay so... some simple thing you should do to make the night go more smoothly. I don't suggest swearing, or talking about politics, or talking about things that may be none dinner table subjects." I say turning their way. Sebastian winces and speaks.

"Hey guys why don't you go and wait in the living room with Nat, we will welcome them. Okay?" They all nod and start walking towards the living room and he turns to me once he's sure they're all gone. "Sis you gotta calm down. What if they're excited to see you?" He says and I blow a out a shaky breath.

"You're hilarious." I say and he nods.

"Okay come on you can do this."

"I can't evil grandmother will see right through me. She will know that mom sent me to an Academy for the troubled youth. She knows everything."

"Hey stop this. Now get your ass to that door and open it because if you wait any longer she will complain about how long you took to open the door." I shake away my nerves and put on a fake smile. Opening the door.

"Oh Madison! Finally, I thought you'd never open the door."

"Hello Beatriz." I say cordially. "It's lovely to see you."

"We can't all say the same." My aunt Carol says from behind my grandmother.

"Hi aunt Carol."

"Madison are you not going to let us in?" My grandmother asks and I step to the side. "Did you gain weight? That dress seems tighter than usual."

"I think she looks just fine, but you on the other hand. You've let yourself go Beatriz." Sebastian says at my side.

"Oh hello Sebastian. I didn't think you would be here this Thanks Giving."

"He's always here he lives with us. Why wouldn't he be here for Thanks Giving?" I ask gritting my teeth.

"Your father was his legal guardian and well I thought that after his death, Sebastian would go back to your fathers side of the family." I look at Sebastian and see the look of hurt in his eyes. I link my arm with his and shake my head. Well you wrinkled old bitch. I'm the only thing he has left of a family. But I don't tell her that.

"Sebastian is my second brother, we grew up together there was no way we were ever getting separated." I inform her and she rolls her eyes. "Now that we're done with the welcoming please why don't we move this to the living room where Natasha is waiting with drinks." We all walk towards the living room where we see Mom, May, Lizzie and Cole chatting.

"Who are they?"

"Oh them. They're just some poor souls I found on the streets and I decided to bring them for Thanks Giving. Don't they look pretty all dolled up?" All of them understanding my sarcasm, smile and wave. "They speak and everything." Sebastian snorts and so does May.

"Hello." Cole says smiling and I smile back.

"Hi." Beatriz says walking into the living room."Madison who really are they?"

"These are my friends. May, Cole, Lizzie, this is Beatriz. Beatriz, my friends." I introduce them and she looks at them with a nasty look.

"You can call me Mrs. Robinson." My grandmother tells them and I can see mom trying to contain her laugh. "And what happened with Hailey and Javier? Are they not your friends anymore?" She asks her questions directed towards me.

"Hailey is still my friend and Javier well it's complicated, but I can have more than just two friends Beatriz." I state walking over to Natasha.

"I think it's great that she's branching out and making new friends." Natasha says from next to me.

"Yes well Natalia, nobody asked you." I grab her hand and squeeze it tight knowing how much that must've hurt her.

"How about drink everybody?" I ask and grandma nods sitting down on the couch next to Lizzie.

"Hello I'm Elizabeth, but people call me Lizzie." She says. And grandmas eyes widen when she realizes that Lizzie is British. She has an obsession with British people.

"You've got a British friend. Where did you find this one?" She ask turning to me.

"We met in school. She gave me the tour of the school and we became instant friends." I smile at Lizzie and she smile right back at me.

"She gave you a tour of the school?" I nod hoping she doesn't ask more about school. "Haven't you gone to the same school your whole life? Why would you need a tour?"

"Because I changed school." I say and my grandfather speak for the first time since they got here.

"Why would you change school?"

"Uh..." I look at Natasha and she nods as if slowing me to come up with some type of lie. "I wanted a change in scenery."

"What's the name of your new school?"

Shit.

"Henderson Academy." I say quietly and my cousin Janice speaks.

"Wait, I know that school. My boyfriend goes there. Maybe you know him, his name is Tyler Davidson." TYLER! You know what? I'm not even surprised he would go for someone like my cousin. "That's a school for the scandalous, or more specifically for people whose parents can't control them." She says looking from me to Natasha.

Fuck.

"For the scandalous?" My grandmother looks my way again. "Does this mean that these friends of yours are trouble makers?" She looks at the tree of them with disgust standing up and talking a few steps away from them.

Wow this Thanks Giving sky rocketed to the losing your finger while cutting the turkey didn't it?

"They are not!" I scream and she take a step back.

"Don't talk to my mom that way." Aunt Carol says and I roll my eyes.

"And lower your voice young lady." Beatriz says and I chuckle humorlessly.

"Then don't disrespect my friend like that." I bite back and I feel somebody put a hand on my shoulder as if telling me to calm down. I look over my shoulder to see Sebastian.

"I will not be treated this way." She says grabbing her purse.

"What way? We have done nothing but be welcoming until you started acting as if you were Gods right hand." I say and continue. "We work our asses off every fucking Thanks Giving. We put mints on your fucking pillows, I wear this dress, we fold the toilet paper, we hide all our shit, we cook the meal you like, we do every single little thing exactly the way you like because you're the fucking guest of honor every fucking time."

"We do everything your way. We meet up at Thanks Giving because of a stupid deal you had with my father. He insisted you guys come every Thanks Giving because you know what he was a great fucking person that wanted me to get to know my mothers side of the family. Aka YOU! He did that for mom. Because he knew how much you guys meant to mom. And still you come in here ruin two good days of the year for us and then leave never to be seen again until the next year. And you know what? I'm done. I don't want to be a part of your family if that's what your family looks like. So next year don't bother coming to Thanks Giving because we won't be welcoming non family. And please show yourselves out the door because I'm not showing your sorry asses out. I do that every year."

My grandmother nods her head slowly in understanding and signals for everybody to stand up and she starts walking to the door. She closes the door behind her and I sigh throwing myself on the couch.

"Fuck Yeah I love Thanks Giving." Sebastian says and there's a long silence before everybody start laughing.

"Me too." I laugh harder and there's a know at the door. We all instantly stop laughing and look at the door. "They're not back are they?"

I get up and walk towards the door. I look through the peephole and see that it's Marcus, Shawn and the kids. I open the door and squeal.

"Oh my god! I thought you guys couldn't make it." I say bringing Marcus in for a very tight hug.

"Yeah well we wanted to surprise you shortcake." He hugs me back harder.

"You just missed the Biological's." I say.

"No really?" He asks and I nod

"Yep." I start walking everybody to the living room.

"Wow they left soon this year." He says, he doesn't know the half of it.

"We didn't even get to drinks." He gives me a confused look.

"Long story." I sit down on the couch next to Nat and they all start saying hello to each other.

"We've got time." He says and bends down to give Nat a hug. "Hey Nat."

"Hey sweetie." She pats the spot next to her for him to sit.

"You're gonna wanna sit down for this." I say and they all do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello beautiful people. Another chapter!! I know it's a shocker to me too. I hope all of you are doing well. Now before you come at me like 'Damn there are so many gramatical errors.', remember that I'm giving you a new chapter. I know there will be a lot of errors, but I haven't had to energy to doll it up a little. Anyways CHAPTER-FUCKING-36 y'all. What a mile stone. We got a 6 x 6 here. You know because 6 x 6= 36, you guys get it. I love this chapter what about you?? Shower me in your opinions.

If you liked this chapter or loved it make sure to shower me in your opinions, aka comment, vote and share. If you did that aww you guys, you're making me blush. But if you didn't, don't worry there will be more chapters to come so you can comment, vote and share on those.

I love all of you so much. Muah. Muah. Muah. Byeee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 8.5K 86
"I didn't fall for you, you fucking tripped me over." Tara thought her life turned crazy when her best friend's cousin showed up to town. The tall, s...
282K 7.8K 34
••• This is a story about a girl. A girl who lied all too well. One who was bored, pretty, and sad. A girl who mastered the art of pretending. Pr...
87.3K 1.4K 32
Margot and Monty dated for 2 years until Monty picked smoking weed over his girlfriend. And neither of them seems to want to do anything with each ot...
20.9K 359 16
you and blake- life long best friends with so much love unheard of and unseen. but what happens when the diaries full of pages about him suddenly can...