Harry Potter and Claire Smith...

Por MykalaMcGuire

The Pretender is the fourth installment of this series. Hoping for a danger free year is like asking for a mi... Mais

First Day at Grimmauld Place
Mother-Daughter Day & A Talk with Sirius
Sirius's Trial
Lies in the Paper and Possibly in Dreams
Surprises at the World Cup and the Burrow
Dress Robes and Suspicions
Summer's End and the Term Begins
A Deadly Competition
Snargaluff, Curses, and S.P.E.W.
Dreams History Barbies and Bodybuilders
​Chat with Dumbledore & the Champions
The Last Straw
Sure Has Been Some Week, Hasn't it?
Please Tell Me You Didn't Say Dragons
Fighting Fire With...A Broomstick?
Hermione and the House-Elves
Dances, Dates, and Drama
The Nightmare on Christmas
Cracking Cases & Sleazy Faces
The Egg's Song
Something in the Water
Something Else
Blast to the Past
Chapter 25 Sneak Peek
Rewriting Series

First Day

228 8 3
Por MykalaMcGuire

Chapter 9: First Day

When the students woke up the next morning, they found that there had been no evidence that it rained the night before. The sky was a bright blue and birds tweeted happily. Claire, Harry, Ron, and Hermione made their way to the Great Hall for breakfast that morning. As they sat down at the Gryffindor table, Professor McGonagall passed out their new course schedules.

"Today's not bad...outside all morning," Ron said, who was running his finger down the Monday column of his schedule. "Herbology with the Hufflepuffs and Care of Magical Creatures...damn it, we're still with the Slytherins..."

"Double Divination this afternoon," Harry groaned, looking down.

"Ugh, why did summer have to end?" Claire laid her head on the table.

"You should have given it up like me, shouldn't you?" Hermione briskly, buttering herself some toast. "Then you'd be doing something sensible like Arithmancy."

"No thank you," Claire said. "I'd rather stare at a crystal ball all day than look at a series of numbers."

"You're eating again, I notice," Ron said, watching Hermione adding liberal amounts of jam to her toast too.

"I've decided there are better ways of making a stand about elf rights," Hermione said haughtily.

"Yeah...and you were hungry," Ron said, grinning.

Hermione glared at Ron.

"So, nice weather outside, isn't it?" Claire said, trying to prevent a fight between the two of them. "You can hardly tell that it was storming last night. Right, Harry?"

"Huh —ow! (Claire had kicked him in the shin.) —I mean, yeah, sure." Harry said, rubbing his shin and glaring at Claire.

"So, Claire, are you starting any of your higher level classes today?" Hermione asked.

Claire looked at her schedule. "Yep, I have Transfiguration first period with the sixth years, then Care of Magical Creatures with you three, and Double Divination with Harry and Ron."

"I wonder what you'll be learning in sixth year Transfiguration. Won't you be lost since you've skipped several years?" Hermione questioned.

Claire shrugged. "I don't know. When I talked to Professor McGonagall she said if I felt like I couldn't do it she'd put me back in fourth year classes. I should be fine though. I had Fred go over the work Professor McGonagall assigned to me over the summer that would catch me up to sixth year."

"Fred went over your work?" Hermione said in shock.

"Yeah, Professor McGonagall told him to. He had one of the highest scores on the O.W.L. exam." Claire said. "You know, just because Fred and George act like they're stupid doesn't mean they are. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to head to class. See you all in Care of Magical Creatures."

Claire soon arrived in the Transfiguration classroom. She noticed Fred and George talking about how they were going to enter the Triwizard Tournament.

"Maybe we could get one of the other students to put our names in." George whispered.

"They wouldn't do that willingly. We'd have to pay them or something." Fred said.

"Well, we need to figure out a way to get in as soon as possible." George said.

Claire rolled her eyes. "Are you still trying to enter the tournament?"

Both of them jumped, startled by her presence.

"Oh, it's just you Claire," Fred said. "We thought you were Professor McGonagall."

Claire rolled her eyes again. "Well, as you can see I'm not."

They looked at her skeptically.

"How can we be sure?" George said. "You could've used Polyjuice Potion and you're actually McGonagall pretending to be Claire."

"And why would Professor McGonagall do something like that?" Claire said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I don't know. Maybe she's trying to crack down on the students who are trying to enter the competition illegally." George replied.

"Well, I can assure you idiots that I am not McGonagall using Polyjuice Potion to pose as myself." Claire said.

"What?" the twins said in confusion.

"You know what forget it." Claire sighed in exasperation. "And to think I told Hermione you weren't stupid."

"Aw," Fred cooed. "Little Claire-bear stood up for us! Did you hear that Georgie?"

"Yes, Freddie, I believe I did. Come here you!" George and Fred enveloped her into a squishing hug.

Claire pried herself away, glaring at the both of them. "Stop it, you idiots. Don't ever do that again."

The twins faked hurt.

"That hurt, Claire. Right in here." Fred said pointing to his chest.

Claire rolled her eyes. "You'll get over it."

More students came in and soon Professor McGonagall walked in.

"Welcome to sixth year Transfiguration!" Professor McGonagall began. "This year will be all about preparing all of you for the N.E.W.T.S exams. This will be the final test to show where you will get a job at. We will be learning the Bird-Conjuring Charm and Human Transfiguration."

There was excited chatter at the mention of Human Transfiguration.

"However," Professor McGonagall continued, "Today, you will be having a pop-quiz."

The whole class groaned.

"Don't worry. The pop-quiz will be on things from previous years of Transfiguration. I need to know where you all stand. You cannot learn new things unless you master the old first. Now, desks cleared except for a quill and ink. You may begin when you receive your quiz. You have until the end of the period."

Something tells me this year isn't going to be easy. Claire thought to herself as she started the quiz.

The bell rang for the end of first period. Claire and the twins walked out of the classroom.

"Great way to start off the new year, wasn't it?" Claire deadpanned.

"Oh, yes, absolutely spiffy," Fred said.

"Can't wait to see what the rest of the year holds," George said.

"I'll see you two at lunch," Claire said. "I have to get to my next class. Good luck trying to figure out how to enter the competition."

Claire made her way towards Hagrid's small wooden cabin, which stood on the edge of the Forbidden Forest. She spotted Harry, Ron, and Hermione talking to Hagrid outside his hut.

"Hey!" Claire greeted them.

"Mornin'!" Hagrid said, grinning at Claire. "'Eard Professor McGonagall put yer in sixth year Transfiguration. How was it?"

"Nothing too exciting. Just a pop-quiz." Claire said. "How was your summer Hagrid?"

"Great. I 'eard about yer uncle. Sorry ter here tha'." Hagrid said.

"It's alright. Could've been a lot worse." Claire replied. She then heard an odd rattling noise and what sounded like minor explosions coming from the boxes near Hagrid. "Um, Hagrid what's in those boxes?"

"Oh, these," Hagrid looked extremely excited, which was a sign that whatever it was was more than likely dangerous. "Be'er wait fer the Slytherins, they won' want ter miss this—Blast-Ended Skrewts!"

"Come again?" Ron said.

Hagrid pointed down into the boxes.

Claire looked down into the box. It reminded her of the house-elves heads decorating the wall at Grimmauld Place. The Blast-Ended Skrewts looked like deformed, shell-less lobsters, horribly pale and slimy-looking, with legs sticking out in very odd places and no visible heads. There were about a hundred of them in each box, each about six inches long, crawling over one another, bumping blindly into the sides of the boxes. They smelt like rotting fish and every now and then, sparks would fly out of the end of a skrewt, and with a small phut, it would be propelled forward several inches.

"Well," Claire said trying to figure out what to say. "They're...different."

"On'y jus' hatched," Hagrid said proudly, "so yeh'll be able ter raise 'em yerselves! Thought we'd make a bit of a project of it!"

"Great," Claire muttered.

"And why would we want to raise them?" said a cold voice.

The Slytherins (unfortunately) had arrived. The speaker was non other then Draco Malfoy. Crabbe and Goyle were chuckling appreciatively at his words.

Hagrid looked stumped at the question.

"I mean, what do they do?" Malfoy asked. "What is the point of them?"

Hagrid opened his mouth, apparently thinking hard; there was a few seconds' pause, then he said roughly, "Tha's next lesson, Malfoy. Yer jus' feedin' 'em today. Now, yeh'll wan' ter try 'em on a few diff'rent things—I've never had 'em before, not sure what they'll go fer—I got ant eggs an' frog livers an' a bit o' grass snake—just try 'em out with a bit of each."

"First pus and now this," Seamus muttered.

Claire looked at Harry, Ron, and Hermione confused.

"We had to squeeze pus from Bubotubers in Herbology." Hermione explained.

"Oh," Claire nodded in understanding. "Well, then I'm very thankful that I'm not taking fourth year Herbology this year. I'll take an exam over pus."

"So, who's going to get theirs first?" Ron said, pointing at the skrewts.

Nothing but the deep affection for Hagrid could have made Claire, Harry, Ron, and Hermione pick up squelchy handfuls of frog liver and lower them into the crates to tempt the Blast-Ended Skrewts. Harry couldn't suppress the suspicion that the whole thing was entirely pointless, because the skrewts didn't seem to have mouths.

"Ouch!" Dean yelled after the first ten minutes. "It got me!"

Hagrid hurried over to him, looking anxious.

"Its end exploded!" Dean said angrily, showing Hagrid a burn on his hand.

"Ah, yeah, that can happen when they blast off," Hagrid said nodding.

"Eurgh!" Lavender brown said. "Eurgh, Hagrid, what's that pointy thing on it?"

"Ah, some of 'em have got stings," Hagrid said enthusiastically. (Lavender quickly withdrew her hand from the box.) "I reckon they're the males...The females've got sorta sucker things on their bellies...I think they might be ter suck blood."

"Well, I can certainly see why we're trying to keep them alive," Malfoy said sarcastically. "Who wouldn't want pets that can burn, sting, and bite all at once?"

"Just because they're not very pretty, it doesn't mean they're not useful," Hermione snapped. "Dragon blood's amazingly magical, but you wouldn't want a dragon for a pet, would you?"

Harry, Claire, and Ron grinned at Hagrid, who gave them a furtive smile from behind his bushy beard. Hagrid would have liked nothing better than a pet dragon, as they had witness in first year with Norbert (or Norberta) the Norwegian Ridgeback.

"Well, at least the skrewts are small," Claire said as they made their way back up to the castle for lunch an hour later.

"They are now," Hermione said in an exasperated voice, "but once Hagrid's found out what they eat, I expect they'll be six feet long."

"Well, that won't matter if they turn out to cure seasickness or something, will it?" Ron said, grinning slyly at her.

"You know perfectly well I only said that to shut Malfoy up," Hermione said. "As a matter of fact I think he's right. The best thing to do would be to stamp on the lot of them before they start attacking us all."

"I don't know. Now that I think about it, I think they're pretty useful." Claire said.

"What?" Harry said. "How?"

"Easy. We could throw them at Malfoy and they'd blow up in his face. Now I don't know about you three, but I would love to see that." Claire said.

As they entered the Great Hall, Claire noticed her father wasn't sitting at the teachers table. She assumed that he was in his office and was determined to talk to him after she finished lunch. They sat down at the Gryffindor table and helped themselves to lamp chops and mashed potatoes. Hermione began to eat so fast that Harry, Claire, and Ron stared at her.

"Er—is this the new stand on elf rights?" Ron said. "You're going to make yourself puke instead?"

"No," Hermione said, with as much dignity as she could muster with her mouth bulging with sprouts. "I just want to get to the library."

"What?" Ron said in disbelief. "Hermione—it's the first day back! We haven't even got homework yet!"

Hermione shrugged and continued to shovel down her food as though she had not eaten for days. Then she leapt to her feet, said, "See you at dinner!" and departed at high speed.

"She's completely mental." Ron muttered.

"No, she's just being Hermione." Claire said. "I'll meet you two in Divination."

"Where are you going?" Harry asked.

"I'm going to talk to my dad. I didn't get to speak with him last night. See you!" Claire said, heading to the History of Magic classroom.

She soon arrived to her father's classroom. She knocked on the door.

"C'mon in!" Her father said.

Claire opened the door and saw her father sitting at a desk at the other end of the room. He had on his glasses reading over a History of Magic textbook. He looked up as she closed the door. A smile appeared on his face.

"Ah, Claire! Surprised to see me I bet!" Her father said.

"Yeah, just a little." Claire replied.

"Good day so far?" The Doctor asked.

"It wasn't completely horrible. Had a pop-quiz first period and then had to handle exploding skrewts in Care of Magical Creatures." Claire replied.

"Ah, yes, Hagrid was showing me them earlier. Peculiar things. Remind of the Slitheen the way they smell." The Doctor said.

"Slitheen?" Claire questioned.

"Oh, they're aliens. They aren't very appealing smell or look wise." The Doctor said.

"Sounds like skrewts to me." Claire said.

It was silent for a moment.

Claire cleared her throat. "So, dad, why are you here? Not that I'm upset about it or anything."

"Dumbledore said he needed someone to fill in for the old History of Magic teacher for the year. He thought I'd be the best one to fulfill this job." The Doctor said.

"Why though? You're not even a wizard," Claire replied.

"Yes, that is true, but I do know an awful lot about the history of magic. After all, I do have a time machine. Not to mention I did go to Hogwarts." The Doctor said.

"Yeah, mum told me about that." Claire said. "Wait a second, how did you end up coming here if you can't do magic?"

"During that time, the wizarding world was becoming more chaotic with the rise of Voldemort. I was traveling in the TARDIS at the time and the TARDIS ended up drawn here. I ended up in your mother's living room. For some reason the TARDIS wouldn't let me out of this realm and I when I did a scan of this world I found something strange." The Doctor explained.

"What did you find?" Claire asked.

"It was a strange reading. One that I've never seen in my entire existence. So, I decided to stay here and investigate. I kept trying to follow the signal of what ever was causing the readings. I ended up discovering Hogwarts." The Doctor said.

"But I thought the people who aren't wizards or witches couldn't find it," Claire replied.

"Apparently, alien technology can find it. I met Dumbledore and McGonagall that day. They were both surprised that I was able to find Hogwarts even though I wasn't a wizard. They were also surprised when I told them I was an alien." The Doctor said. "I told them about my readings on the TARDIS and when I tried to leave the TARDIS kept breaking down back here. I came to the conclusion something out of the ordinary was going to occur at Hogwarts that would put everyone in danger. So, I asked if I could pose as a wizard student. McGonagall seemed apprehensive about this but Dumbledore said yes."

"Professor Dumbledore also does things out of the ordinary." Claire said.

"He definitely does." The Doctor agreed. "So, I pretended I was a student while trying to uncover what was causing the strange readings."

"Did you ever find what it was?" Claire asked.

Just then the bell rang.

"Oh crap, I'm going to be late. Nice talking to you, dad. I'll see you later." Claire ran out of the office and to the North Tower. She climbed the ladder that led to Trelawney's classroom. As she entered the classroom, she made her way to the table where Ron and Harry were sitting. She sat in the empty chair in the middle of them.

"What'd I miss?" Claire whispered to them.

"Nothing really," Ron said. "Just Trelawney telling Harry that they'll be difficult times ahead for him."

"So, she didn't say you'd die, yet?" Claire teased Harry. "That's a step up from last year."

"Good to see you've joined us, Miss Smith," Professor Trelawney's misty voice said as she appeared behind Claire's chair making Claire jump slightly. "Your Inner Eye is getting stronger, Miss Smith. Hmmm, oh no, it seems this year will be filled with troubles for you as well, dear. Be careful of those you trust. Some who've lost your trust are not the guilty party. The one you entrust is your enemy. You'll find that if you're not too careful you'll discover the pretender. Beware the pretender."

Professor Trelawney walked to the front of the class.

"What the hell was all of that about?" Ron questioned.

"I don't know." Claire said. "But I mean if Trelawney foresaw all that then it probably won't happen."

"My dears, it is time for us to consider the stars," Professor Trelawney said. "The movements of the planets and the mysterious portents they reveal only to those who understand the steps of the celestial dance. Human destiny may be deciphered by the planetary rays, which intermingle..."

But Claire's thoughts drifted. She began thinking about what Trelawney said. Some who've lost your trust are not the guilty party. The one you entrust is your enemy. You'll find that if you're not too careful you'll discover the pretender. Beware the pretender. What did it all mean? Claire thought to herself.

"Harry!" Ron muttered.

Claire was snapped from her thoughts as she noticed Harry had also been spacing out.

"What?" Harry said.

"I was saying, my dear, that you were clearly born under the baleful influence of Saturn," Professor Trelawney said, a faint note of resentment in her voice at the fact that he had obviously not been hanging on her words.

"Born under—what, sorry?" Harry said.

"Saturn, dear, the planet Saturn!" Professor Trelawney said, sounding definitely irritated that he wasn't riveted by this news. "I was saying that Saturn was surely in a position of power in the heavens at the moment of your birth...Your dark hair...your mean stature...tragic losses so young in life...I think I am right in saying, my dear, that you were born in midwinter?"

"No," Harry said, "I was born in July."

Claire and Ron stifled their laughs.

Half an hour later, each of them had been given a complicated circular chart, and was attempting to fill in the position of the planets at their moment of birth. It was dull work, requiring much consultation of timetables and calculation of angles.

"I've got two Neptunes here," Harry said after a while, frowning down at his piece of parchment, "that can't be right, can it?"

"Aaaaaah," Ron said, imitating Professor Trelawney's mystical whisper, "when two Neptunes appear in the sky, it is a sure sign that a midget in glasses is being born, Harry..."

Claire sniggered, as well as Seamus and Dean who were nearby.

"Oh Professor, look!" Lavender Brown exclaimed. "I think I've got an inspected planet! Oooh, which one's that, Professor?"

"It is Uranus, my dear," Professor Trelawney said, peering down at the chart.

"Can I have a look at Uranus too, Lavender?" Ron said.

Most unfortunately, Professor Trelawney has heard him, and it was this, perhaps, that made her give them so much homework at the end of class.

"A detailed analysis of the way the planetary movements in the coming month will affect you, with reference to your personal chart," she snapped, sounding much more like Professor McGonagall than her usual airy-fairy self. "I want it ready to hand in next Monday, and no excuses."

"Miserable old bat," Ron said bitterly as they joined the crowds descending to the Great Hall and dinner. "That'll take all weekend, that will..."

"Lots of homework?" Hermione said brightly, catching up with them. "Professor Vector didn't give us any at all!"

"Well, bully for Professor Vector," Ron said moodily.

They reached the entrance hall, which was packed with people queuing for dinner. They had just joined the end of the line, when a loud voice rang out behind them.

"Weasley! Hey, Weasley!"

Harry, Claire, Ron, and Hermione turned. Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle were standing there, each looking thoroughly pleased about something.

"What?" Ron said shortly.

"Your dad's in the paper, Weasley!" Malfoy said, brandishing a copy of Daily Prophet and speaking very loudly, so that everyone in the packed entrance hall could hear. "Listen to this!"

FURTHER MISTAKES AT THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC 

It seems as though the Ministry of Magic's troubles are not yet at an end, write Rita Skeeter, Special Correspondent. Recently under fire for its poor crowd control at the Quidditch World Cup, and still unable to account for the disappearance of one of its witches, the Ministry was plunged into fresh embarrassment yesterday by the antics of Arnold Weasley, of the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office."

Malfoy looked up.

"Imagine them not even getting his name right, Weasley. It's almost as though he's a complete nonentity, isn't it?" he crowed.

Everyone in the entrance hall was listening now. Malfoy straightened the paper with a flourish and read on:

Arnold Weasley, who was charged with possession of a flying car two years ago, was yesterday involved in a tussle with several Muggle law-keepers ("policemen") over a number of highly aggressive dustbins. appears to have rushed to the aid of "Mad-Eye" Moody, the aged ex-Auror who retired from the Ministry when no longer able to tell the difference between a handshake and attempted murder. Unsurprisingly, Mr. Weasley found, upon arrival at Mr. Moody's heavily guarded house, that Mr. Moody had once again raised a false alarm. Mr. Weasley was forced to modify several memories before he could escape from the policemen, but refused to answer Daily Prophet questions about why he had involved the Ministry in such an undignified and potentially embarrassing scene. 

"And there's a picture, Weasley!" Malfoy said, flipping the paper over and holding it up. "A picture of your parents outside their house—if you can call it a house! Your mother could do with losing a bit of weight, couldn't she?"

Ron was shaking with fury. Everyone was starting at him.

"Go away, Malfoy," Claire snapped. "C'mon, Ron..."

"Oh yeah, that's right, Smith. You've lived with the Weasleys practically your whole life until last year when your parents decided to show up. I heard you stayed with the Weasleys over the summer. Tell me, did your parents decide to throw you away again, Smith?" Malfoy sneered.

"Get stuffed, Malfoy," Harry said.

"You were there too, Potter, weren't you?" Malfoy sneered. "So tell me, is his mother really that porky, or is it just the picture?"

"You know your mother, Malfoy?" Harry said— both he and Hermione had to keep Claire and Ron from attacking Malfoy—"that expression she's got, like she's got dung under her nose? Has she always looked like that, or was it just because you were with her?"

Malfoy's pale face went slightly pink.

"Don't you dare insult my mother, Potter."

"Keep your fat mouth shut, then," Harry said, turning away.

Claire saw Malfoy draw his wand and she also drew hers. She was about to utter a jinx when—

BANG!

Several people screamed—Harry felt something white-hot graze the side of his face-he plunged his hand into his robes for his wand, but before he'd even touched it, he heard a second loud BANG, and a roar that echoed through the entrance hall.

"OH NO YOU DON'T LADDIE!"

Harry spun around. Professor Moody was limping down the marble staircase. His wand was out and it was pointing right at a pure white ferret, which was shivering on the stone-flagged floor, exactly where Malfoy had been standing.

"Did he get you?" Moody growled. His voice was low and gravelly.

"No," Harry said, "missed."

Moody then looked at Claire, who had put down her wand. "I saw you Smith. Quick reflexes. Ever thought about becoming an Auror."

"No, sir. Can't say I have." Claire said.

"LEAVE IT!" Moody shouted.

"Leave—what?" Claire said, bewildered.

"Not you—him!" Moody growled, jerking his thumb over his shoulder at Crabbe, who had just frozen, about to pick up the white ferret. It seemed that Moody's rolling eye was magical and could see out of the back of his head.

Moody limped over to Crabbe, Goyle, and the ferret, which gave a terrified squeak and ran off.

"I don't think so!" Moody roared, pointing his wand at the ferret again—it flew ten feet into the air, fell with a smack to the floor, and then bounced upward once more.

"I don't like people who attack when their opponent's back's turned." Moody growled as the ferret bounced higher and higher, squealing in pain. "Stinking, cowardly, scummy thing to do. Never—do—that—again!"

"Professor Moody!" said a shocked voice.

Professor McGonagall was coming down the marble staircase with her arms full of books.

"Hello, Professor McGonagall," Moody said calmly, bouncing the ferret still higher.

"What—what are you doing?" Professor McGonagall said.

"Teaching," Moody said.

"Teach—Moody, is that a student?" Professor McGonagall shrieked.

"Yep," Moody said.

"No!" Professor McGonagall cried, running down the staircase and pulling out her wand; a moment later, with a loud snapping noise, Draco Malfoy had reappeared, lying in a heap on the floor with his sleek blonde hair all over his now brilliantly pink face. He got to his feet, wincing.

"Moody, we never use Transfiguration as a punishment!" Professor McGonagall said weakly. "Surely Professor Dumbledore told you that?"

"He might've mentioned it, yeah," Moody said, scratching his chin unconcernedly, "but I thought a good sharp shock—"

"We give detentions, Moody! Or speak to the offender's Head of House!"

"I'll do that, then," Moody said, staring at Malfoy with great dislike.

Malfoy, whose pale eyes were still watering with pain and humiliation, looked malevolently up at Moody and muttered something in which the words "my father" were distinguishable.

"Oh yeah?" Moody said quietly, limping forward a few steps, the dull clunk of his wooden leg echoing around the hall. "Well, I know your father old, boy...You tell him Moody's keeping a close eye on his son...you tell him that from me...Now, your Head of House'll be Snape, will it?"

"Yes." Malfoy said resentfully.

"Another old friend," Moody growled. "I've been looking forward to a chat with old Snape...Come on, you..."

And he seized Malfoy's upper arm and marched him off toward the dungeons.

Professor McGonagall stared anxiously after them for a few moments, then waved her wand at her fallen books, causing them to soar up into the air and back into her arms.

"Don't talk to me," Ron said quietly to Harry, Claire, and Hermione as they sat down at the Gryffindor table a few minutes later, surrounded by excited talk on all sides about what had just happened.

"Why not?" Hermione said in surprise.

"Because I want to fix that in my memory forever," Ron said eyes closed and an uplifted expression on his face. "Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret..."

Claire, Harry, and Hermione laughed.

"He could have really hurt Malfoy, though," Hermione said. "It was good, really, that Professor McGonagall stopped it—"

"Hermione!" Ron said furiously, his eyes snapping open again, "you're ruining the best moment of my life!"

Hermione made an impatient noise and began to eat at top speed again.

"Don't tell me you're going back to the library this evening?" Harry said, watching her.

"Got to," Hermione said, thickly. "Loads to do."

"But you told us Professor Vector—" Claire was cut off.

"It's not schoolwork," she said. Within five minutes, she had cleared her plates and departed. No sooner had she gone than her seat was taken by Fred.

"Moody!" he said. "How cool is he?"

"Beyond cool," George said, sitting down opposite Fred.

"Supercool," said the twins' best friend, Lee Jordan, sliding into the seat beside George. "We had him this afternoon," he told Claire, Harry, and Ron.

"What was it like?" Harry said eagerly.

Fred, George, and Lee exchanged looks full of meaning.

"Never had a lesson like it," Fred said.

"He knows, man," Lee said.

"Knows what?" Ron said, leaning forward.

"Know what it's like to be out there doing it," George said impressively.

"Doing what?" Claire asked.

"Fighting the Dark Arts," Fred said.

"He's seen it all," George said.

"'Mazing," Lee said.

Ron dived into his bag for his schedule.

"We haven't got him till Thursday!" he said in a disappointed voice.

So, there was a bit of background history on how the Doctor ended up in the wizarding world. What was your favorite part of the chapter? Tell me your thoughts in the review section. 

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

23K 1.3K 34
[Sherlock/Harry Potter/Wednesday crossover] Book 4: The Goblet of Fire After the events of the summer, Y/N and Wednesday are happy to be back to a my...
14.6K 591 17
Persephone's first year has been busy, as she and her friends prevented Lord Voldemort to come back, regaining his powers through the Sorcerer's Ston...
51.5K 1.7K 29
And so, with our last tale coming to a close your relationship is blooming, friendships are on the mend and your timetable is back to a manageable af...
43.9K 1.8K 30
When things go very wrong before his fifth year, Harry Potter tries to pretend everything is normal... while also taking care of his human body so th...