Heatstroke (Jack Frost, Rise...

By FlorindaBrydon

"You know I have never been good with heat. Why me!" Jack Frost has been a Guardian for two years now and li... More

Authors note please read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
New Beginnings the Sequel for Heatstroke

Chapter 29

314 20 34
By FlorindaBrydon

(Romanna's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

~~~~Four days ago, just after the lightning explosion~~~~

I did it! I used my powers and I totally showed Pitch Black how it's done! Ha! No one hurts my friends or family and gets away with it!

'Umm guys? North, Jack, are you there? I didn't hurt you guy's, did I?' I called out into the darkness of the powerless street.

A second later the lights turned back on. Now I could see the destruction I had created. I gasped in horror at the rubble surrounding me. I had blown the whole place and all of it's buildings to bits! There was nothing but smoke, fire and broken remains of the main road in Burgess.

Wait I lost my glasses. How come I can see? Hold on, if I remember correctly, wasn't something heavy falling from above?

WAIT!!!! Wasn't I shot!

The memory from what happened quickly returned and I suddenly grabed at my chest, checking to see if the bullet wound which was there when I collapsed, was still there.

'It's gone.....? Umm.... Right, what's going on!? Somebody start talking, Now! Hello? Jack? Where are you?' I called out into the dead silence of the street.

I remember something big pinning me to the ground after I collapsed, but I don't remember ever managing to get out from under it. I was buried, so how come I'm standing perfectly unharmed and on top of the rubble?

Everything was silent. Even the fire that was burning next to me was silent. It didn't make a single whoosh or crackle. That was when I started to question if what I was seeing was really real.

Wait! If the road is no more, where is this light coming from? None of the street lights are standing and the power should still be out untill tomorrow afternoon.

I turned on the spot to face the light. It was the moon. The Man in the Moon.

I glanced back at the street only to discover that I was no longer in it. I was now standing alone, in a sea of darkness. I could see nothing except for the moon above me.

A spotlight of moonlight was enveloping me in a bright white glow as it lifted me off the ground and held me softly on my back, in the air.

'You are now free of your pain' A soothing voice chimed through my head. It was the same voice I heard while I was trying to activate my powers. It told me to "believe"

'Pain? Are you the Man In The Moon? Were you the one who spoke to me during the battle?' I asked aloud. My voice echoing off the nonexistent walls.

'Yes, Tsar Lunar, at your service. Feel free to call me by the catchy name Nicholas St. North has given me, Manny.

You couldn't use your elemental earth powers untill now because I removed "most" of them when you were a child. After the unfortunate incident with your father, I thought it would be best to let you grow and to give them all back when you were ready.

But unfortunately you were still being heald back with the fear you had developed over using your elemental powers. By healing Queen Toothiana and fighting the Nightmare King, you now know in your heart that these powers are a true gift, as your mother called it.

You saved all of my guardians lives and in return I have saved your's. Your wounds have been healed and you are now, once again, in perfect health.

As a reward for your bravery and as a safety precaution, I hear by name you Romanna the official sixth guardian!

I have returned full control over your elemental powers back to you, and you have now been made immortal. These are the normal abilities that come with being a guardian.

Though your powers are nothing normal...' The Man in the Moon declared joyfully before continuing.

'The link between Jack Frost and yourself is no longer needed, therefore it has been, with some difficulties, removed. You are both, I hope, free now.

Sorry, but I have to admit, I didn't expect you to die the way you did...

It was extremely sudden and I had to franticly unlink Jack from you otherwise he too would have died.

The unlinking process normally takes a few days, I had only a few seconds....

But hopefully, all is well now!' The Man in the Moon confessed.

'Wait! I died- ' I started to speak but I was interrupted by the Tsar's final words.

'Be careful not to underestimate your abilities and keep an eye on your emotions. They are the key to controlling the power you wield.

I give titles to all of my guardians, you are no different.

My dear sweet Romanna, you are the new.... Mother Nature' He declared as the beam of light that was suspending me in the air disappeared.

I suddenly found myself screaming as I fell into the darkness beneath me.

Moments later I open my eyes, gasping for breath and clinging onto whatever was next to me.

It was Jack.

My eyes focused on him and the room around me. I wasn't in the town anymore, I was lying in a bed.

'Romie! You're alive! Thank the moon! I was so scared that you weren't going to wake up!' Jack said with tears in his eyes while hugging me tightly.

'Jack I-' I started to talk but he was slightly too hysterical to listen and interrupted me.

'Romie! I thought I had lost you forever! I-I never had the chance to tell you exactly how much you mean to me. I know we've only known each other for three days, but it's been then best three days of my entire life! Romanna I want to be with you forever and I care enough about you to say that I love you. I need you to know! I can't have you die and not know that I love you! I can't live without you and the last four days I've spent without you have been an absolute hell! You are the only person I will ever care about. Romanna, please, I don't want to be alone again! I won't survive if I have to spend eternity invisible and alone if I don't have you by my side!' Jack exclaimed while balling his eyes out.

His endless ice cold tears were soaking into the thin shoulder strap of my shirt, but most of them were on my exposed shoulder. My skin was tingling from the sudden freezing droplets and it made me unintentionally shutter.

Wait, didn't I rip up my shirt? Yes, I did, and I used it to try and stop the bleeding of Toothiana's injures. Where did this new one come from?

Whoa, I'm all clean! All of the dirt and blood has been completely washed off my skin, and my hair has been neatly brushed.

Who did that?!

Jack was clinging onto me so tight it was uncomfortable and difficult to breathe.

'Jack! Jack, you're squeezin me too tight, I can't breathe!' I told him.

He immediately let go of me and held on to my hands, staring into my eyes. His normally perfect crystal blue eyes were now puffy and red from crying. They were glassy and filled with tears of pain.

What happened while I was talking with Manny?!

I reached out a hand and wiped away the tears that were rolling down his cheaks, just like how he did for me time and time again.

'Jack. I'm sorry I scared you so much, but you don't need to worry anymore because I was with Manny. Jack, he's now made me an official guardian! I'm immortal now and that means you'll neva be alone again. We can stay togetha for hundreds of years because.....

.....I love you too.

And I would really love to spent more than three days with you. Jack, you've helped me so much and I know I won't be able to live without you here with me. I still need my protector. I'm not quite safe just yet.' I told him while letting happy tears fall from my eyes.

We smiled at each other and I quickly leaned forwards making our lips touch.

He immediately swooned and after a moment he regained his senses enough to kiss me back, but with more passion. I wanted to show him how much I loved him, and he wanted to do the exact same.

His hand instinctivly slid up my back until one was gently resting on my neck and the other met with the side of my cheek, slowly urging his lips harder against mine.

I lovingly wrapped my arms around his neck, making my hands gently tangle into his frosty white hair. I rhythmically caressed the back of his head and he let a small moan excape from his lips, indicating that he liked what I was doing.
That positive indication made me pull our bodies even closer together while kissing him with more of an urgent pace.

The passion in this kiss was unlike any other kiss we've had. It felt like a goodbye kiss, the last kiss we were ever going to have because one of us was going to die. But at the same time we have been given a second chance and we were putting all of our hearts and emotions into staying together forever.

Happy tears were running down both of our faces and I knew at this exact moment everything was going to be fine. And this time we were truly safe.

Our lips barely separated as we drew small broken breaths for air. I felt a little dizzy from the lack of oxygen, but I didn't dwindle on that for long because I became distracted by the feeling of the warmth rising to my flushed cheeks and the softness of Jack's lips.

The way we were desperate for each other's touch was enough to make all of my pain and his pain vanish.

Jack once again pressed his lips against mine and we clung to each other as if the word around us was ending.

Little did we know, our world was only just beginning.

Jack, following my lead, moved his hand slowly but surely up the back of my neck and into my hair. The cold sensation of his touch felt amazing. It almost made me swoon into the kiss. No wonder he moaned when I did it to him.

Jack lightly nipped at my bottom lip almost as if he was asking for an invitation to enter. In a split second of blurry passion I parted my lips, letting him in. He gently slipped his cold tongue into my warm mouth, instantly making steam rise between us.

I softly moaned as our mouths and tongues weaved together in perfect sync.

We could have stayed like this for hours but it all came to a crashing end when the door swung open.

We pulled away from each other and gasped when the door loudly slammed into the wall behind it.

'Romanna?' Bunnymund and Toothiana gasped in unison while staring wide eyed at me. Their attention was shifting from me to the room I was sitting in.

I was inside one of North's spare rooms and Jack was sitting on the bed beside me. But the room didn't look much like a room anymore.

A large amount of flora and fauna had magically grown all around me. It looked like more like a deep jungle rainforest than a room in the North Pole.

'Opps...' I said awkwardly while running a hand through my hair and chuckling softly to myself.

'Hi guys!' I greeted cheerfully as I waved at the frozen Fairy and Pooka.

'Tooth! You're ok!' I shouted happily as she quickly flew over to me and hugged me tight.

'Only because you saved me. What exactly did you do and how did you do it?' She asked while letting me go and hovering peacefully next to Bunny, he too was wanting an explanation.

'Umm...' I started but Jack once again interrupted me.

'Woah! When did all of this appear?!' Jack exclaimed loudly and the forest in front of us.

Did he seriously only just notice it now?

'It must have happened when we were kissing. Manny did warn me not to underestimate abilities and that my emotions are the key to controlling them. I guess my happy emotions for you triggered it all to grow.' I said while checking if still had five fingers on each hand.

After all of the lightning I made back in Burgess, I was afraid I had lost a finger or two.

Phew, still got ten!

Woah! No wait!

'What is that!?' I asked while staring at the small green vines that were wrapping around the back of my hands, attached to the bottom of my middle finger and then continued in a triangle shape until it reached my wrists. It wrapped completely around my arms, leading all the way up to my shoulders.

They look like really delicate gloves!

On closer inspection I noticed they had tinnie-tiny white petaled, yellow centered daisys randomly patched all the way up the vines. They were smaller then my little finger's nail.

Now looking at my nails they seemed to have a clear or transparent nail polish on them and each of my ten nails had three tiny Diamond studs dotting the top, middle and bottom of the nail.

It was so pretty!

I glanced down at my chest and immediately freaked out!

'Am I wearin a bloody dress! Right who did this!' I half yelled while reaching for my fringe, but it wasn't there!

'What the!' I gasped as my fingers ran through my hair. It's a completely different colour! It used to be a natural blonde-ish light brown colour and now it was a super light golden honey blonde!

(A/N: Just imagine the colour of Rapunzel's light blonde hair in the Disney movie Tangled. But definitely not the length!)

'Ah, ah, J-Jaaaack!' I screeched. 'What's happened to my hair! And my clothes! I swear I was wearing my normal blue shirt when I woke up a few minutes ago!' I said frantically while inspecting the elegant gown I was now wearing.

It was beautifully designed and had multiple bright spring green colours on the long layered leaf and petal styled skirt. It was hard to see the whole thing since I was sitting in the bed and was still half under the red blankets.

Tiny gemstones similar to the ones on my nails glittered over the entire skirt and bodice/corset. Tiny threads of gold and silver lined the edges of every leaf on the layered skirt. They were as thin and delicate as a spiders web covered in morning dew drops.

The shimmering gold and silver silk like jeweled thread created beautiful swirling patterns on the daisy like flowers that were designed into the light green cleavage part of the strapless or off-the-shoulder corset.

There was a Dimond shaped hole in the middle of the dress revealing my stomach where my bellybutton was. Also another Dimond-ish hole revealing the skin just under my cleavage area, defining the round but still sharp shape of the upper part of the light green corset.

From what I could feel, my hair was down but there were a few small braids with the same daisy filled vines that were on my arms braided into them.

The whole dress was laced up at the back with another flowering vine, but this one had slightly bigger white daisys than the ones on my arms and in my hair.

Even though I can't see my legs and feet, I can feel something lightly constricting them. If I was to guess, it would be a matching vine to the one's on my arms.

If the season Spring was to have a dress, this would be it.

'Holy Snowflakes! Romie! You-you, look so different! Your eyes are as green as Bunny's! Your hair is so light now, and it's gotten longer too! It's almost to your waist now!' Jack exclaimed loudly, though I couldn't tell if he was excited or freaked out.

'What!!! Someone get me a mirror!' I shouted while pointing towards the bathroom that was conveniently located inside of the room.

A/N

Yay Romanna's ok!

Who liked that kiss?
And Who likes the dress?
Also who liked Manny's little speech?

Don't stress too much if your a bit confused with what's going on, most of your questions are going to be explained in the next chapter.

Thanks for reading and voting! Love you guys!

Sorry for any mistakes, I'll fix them when I find them.

Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 901 6
Autumn Charm is the Guardian of Happiness. She keeps children from all over the world filled with joy and happiness and she is the Spirit of Autumn...
55K 1.6K 20
You live a life of solitude and theft, but you can't complain it's the only life you know. One night, you're taken by five strangers who call themsel...
15.3K 349 64
A Rise of the Guardians/Frozen Fanfiction He was the only friend she'd ever had. She was the first one to see him. And then he was gone. Five year...
51.8K 1K 21
Generation after generation, immortal Guardians like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy protect the world's children from darkness an...