Innocence Lost (Official)

By chips-aharry

❝ She's doomed. Innocence is quick to run short in this place. You need to learn and learn quickly. Or else y... More

Innocence Lost
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13*
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18*
Chapter 19
Chapter 20*
Chapter 21*
Chapter 22

Chapter 17

242 14 4
By chips-aharry

Song: Technicolour Beat – Oh Wonder

I'd wait a little into the chapter before playing the song, but this ones slightly short. I'm gonna start trying to get into the longer ones soon I promise. Anyways enjoy this one.

Chapter 17

Harry couldn't believe what he had just witnessed.

"Harry," that same memory of Laney's voice moments ago echoed in his mind. As he moved around the kitchen robotically he could still see her. He remembered her golden blonde hair splayed out around her face and the way her eyebrows deepened in a frown and how her lips pursed. He could see her chest rising and falling swiftly and her hand clenching the sheets in her hands while her legs moved just enough to make her shirt rise and reveal even more of her skin.

But the way she had said his name in a suggestive plea and her frustrated expressions haunted him ruthlessly. They haunted him all the way to the bathroom where he had to relax the boner she managed to arouse.

Harry decided to make breakfast since he knew that the girl hadn't eaten that morning. He woke her up simply to tell everyone goodbye and she didn't get to bed until late the previous night, so it seemed natural for her to have been tired. Harry looked at the clock and realized it was almost four o' clock in the afternoon and considered making a dinner, but breakfast was enjoyable any time of the day.

He turned on the stereo he kept on the far side of the kitchen for when he wanted to have fun with his kitchen time. Harry almost felt guilty about maybe waking Laney up, but then thought that she could use it. She had over twelve hours of rest and he hadn't one clue what possibly could've made her that tired in the first place.

He had his phone on shuffle so when the first song to play was a Miley Cyrus song, he chuckled to himself. He still remembered the Halloween the boys spent in Japan where he had dressed up as her and he probably made a bad image for Americans in the eyes of the Japanese.

"I feel a surge coming over me," he sang, whisking the eggs in their bowl. Since Harry didn't really know the full first verse he was murmuring the lyrics to himself and then singing out the loud random words he knew. "....chills up my spine." His attention was grabbed when he heard laughter which made him remember he wasn't home alone. He looked to the entrance of the kitchen and felt his throat tighten when he saw Laney leaning against the doorframe, arms crossed over her chest, bare legs crossed over each other.

She shook her head at him and Harry felt that the next lyrics in the song matched too well with his current inappropriate thoughts.

"You're sexy, sexy,

I go things I wanna do to you."

Laney's voice made him stop staring. "God, I can't believe that I actually slept for that long," she said out loud, taking a seat at the island. Harry was slightly thankful that he no longer had the option of lusting over the legs of a sixteen year old.

At the age of twenty two, sexualizing a sixteen year old is wrong, Harry Styles, he mentally chastised himself. He squeezed his eyes shut, imprinting the thought in his head. "Y-Yeah. I can't possibly begin to know what's made you so tired," he laughed, trying to cover his discomfort.

Harry glanced over his shoulder at the girl and saw her with her eyes closed and her face turned up. Harry briefly wondered if she was seriously still tired. "What got you up?" he asked, trying to create conversation. Harry buttered an English muffin while the oven heated up. He glanced up at Laney who shrugged.

"Uh... bad dream," she yawned.

Harry raised his eyebrows and hummed to himself knowingly. That's not what it sounded like, he thought ignorantly. "What was it about?" he pestered, expecting her to fluster and lie to him.

But the girl sighed and said, "Something that has happened but won't."

Harry frowned in confusion, unclear about what she meant but when he looked back at her he saw she was playing with the ends of her hair. "What do you mean?" he questioned.

She exhaled and then straightened her neck. "It started off as..." Laney trailed off, a very slight fluster coloring her cheeks, "an okay dream, you know? But then suddenly it was a nightmare. And... the dream part has... kind of happened already, but the dark part of it all was..." She trailed off once again and her hand clenched while she tightened her jaw. "Jake kind of appeared," she mumbled. Harry's actions sort of paused at the mention of the guy. Harry was hoping they'd moved past that, but it was especially stupid for him to act as though that situation was something someone can just move past.

He cleared his throat and turned to her. "I can promise you, Angel, he won't be a problem of yours for a while. It's all in your head," he mumbled.

Laney sighed and tiredly dropped her face against the counter. "That is the problem," she insisted. "How the hell do I escape my own head?" Her voice became an angry growl while Harry turned off the stove and sighed. He moved to the oven and put on a mitt.

"You can't. But your mind is your territory. Kick him out," Harry shrugged, hoping if he made it sound simple it would become simple. "Obviously he'll always be just on the outside, ready to get back in when the door is open, but you need to be sure you can acknowledge the situation and, yes, the severe trauma it is, but don't let it dictate your life." Harry was hoping she understood him, but her expression seemed slightly baffled when he shut the oven.

"Okay... let me get this straight..." She spoke after a moment. "You were metaphorically speaking of my mind and using it as a house?" she questioned.

Harry had a plate ready for her and when he turned around and placed it under her he corrected, "More than that. This place up here," he tapped on her head making her giggle. "It's a part of your home." Harry smiled at her and shook his head. "Don't let him do that to it."

Laney looked at Harry, long and hard as she processed her words. She looked down at her plate and sighed. When she met his eyes again she nodded. "You know... besides all that slightly psychopathic criminal stuff, you're..." She trailed off and averted her eyes, swallowing a lump in her throat. "You're pretty amazing," she amended aloud after a moment.

Harry couldn't deny his body's reaction as he started to blush as much as she did. His heart beat strongly in his chest and his eyes bugged in the slightest. When she looked back up he stood straight and turned around, hoping she couldn't see through to it.

He laughed and said jokingly, "Of course I do," while making his own plate to distract himself.

Laney laughed at him and rolled her eyes. "Just checking." Laney could feel her hands sweat a little and she swore under her breath. It was a trait she had to thank her mother for. Casually, the blonde girl wiped her hands on Harry's shirt with a sheepish face that she recovered when Harry took a seat next to her with his own plate.

The two ate in silence with Laney glancing at Harry in constant nerves. She thanked him for making the food and when he was finished he told her that he was going to bake brownies for them.

While Harry handled the early stages of getting ready, Laney made sure to DJ the music.

"I think we could use a little of the good old Mac," she murmured, playing one of her favorite songs by them. The mellow music began to play in the kitchen and Harry smiled at the good taste she had. He smiled even more when he realized he'd been her influence.

Harry looked up at her and saw that her eyes were closed as she swayed very innocently to the music, mouthing the words to herself. He found himself struggling to concentrate because whenever he looked at her he could only see her legs and the look on her face she'd worn asleep as she said his name.

Harry cleared his throat, and asked, "Aren't you cold?"

The words to "Rhiannon" stopped passing Laney's lips and she opened her eyes. A frown crossed her face. "What?"

Harry shrugged as casually as he could and then went on. "I don't know, I guess I just thought you'd be more cold without pants." Harry hoped she either understood his subliminal plea or she simply decided she should put on something, anything, over her blue panties.

"Huh. Yeah, I guess," she mumbled. She blushed and laughed. "Yeesh. I feel embarrassed that I totally forgot I'm not wearing any pants." She began to pad out of the room and once she was gone, tension left Harry's rigid body.

He was angry to admit that not only was the girl grasping at his emotions but now he was as physically attracted to her as possible, honestly.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. This could only get worse, he thought sadly.

"Just make the God damn brownies, Harold," he muttered, trying to ignore the way his body reacted to Laney's every action.

-

As much as I had whined and moaned to the girls about how much I didn't want to be left with Harry, I had to admit I had a shitload of fun with him that day. We took turns playing songs we thought the other wouldn't know for each other and I discovered that we did share a few similar interests and others were just new and fascinating.

"Can I help?" I asked Harry eventually. He had been preparing everything: he had to get out the pan and then he had to make sure he had all the proper ingredients. After that he turned on the oven and now he was pouring ingredients into a massive bowl.

Harry looked up at me from the island as I sat on the counter opposite of him. My legs swung back and forth and I smiled as charmingly as I could. He raised his eyebrows at me and then chuckled. "Sure. Why don't you go oil the pan?"

Offended, I gave him a look and hopped off the counter to stare him head on. "Really, Harry? Oil the pan?" I complained. We both knew what I really wanted to do, but Harry didn't seem to care very much.

He tsked at me and nodded his head. "Yes, really. Go on." He nodded his head at the pan and I scowled at him, but he only laughed at me while I went along with what I'd set myself up for. I was pouting like a child as I found the PAM and sprayed it over the pan, giving Harry the stank eye from the side. His only response was a smug smirk that made me want to throw something at him.

"Done," I declared, stepping forward just as he was prepared to put the mix in with the liquid stuff. I came up behind him and looked around his shoulder at the bowl. "Now can I help with the real stuff?"

Harry glanced down at me and said, "You're breathing on the mix."

I scoffed. "Big whoop," I sassed. "Please, Harry, just let me, like, uh, stir it?" I mostly just wanted to be the one to lick the spoon and the bowl, but I thought that if I were the one stirring it then it would be a designated right.

He seemed to grow slightly irritated as he relaxed his body and glared at the ceiling. I wasn't sure if he was being serious or not, but when his eyes looked down at me once again and the corners of his lips twitched, I knew he was kidding. "Fine, fine," he surrendered. "Go on."

I cheered quietly, "Yes!"

He laughed and then headed to where I was playing music at previously and he seemed to be looking for a song.

"Hey! Wait till this finishes," I warned him. It was my turn and not his so he rolled his eyes at me and I only laughed to myself.

"And what is this that you are playing for me?" he questioned, seeming to be listening now.

I frowned and then laughed a bit unsurely. "Uh. Alina Baraz I think and someone else? I can't pronounce it, but it's like Galimatas?" I grimaced. Yeesh, I needed to learn to remember that.

He nodded and shrugged. "It's nice. Very soothing, but also... not boring," he criticized. "I like the layering of the vocals, too." I looked up at Harry and saw that he was looking off into the distance with his eyes squinted in concentration it appeared. His lips quirked just barely at the corners and he closed his eyes, swaying his head adorably to the melody.

I hummed. "I like how nice you're being to the music," I retorted, smiling at him. I looked back at the mix and stirred.  

I noticed him roll his eyes. "Well, I wasn't going to be rude."

I shrugged. "You could've."

He chuckled and as the song "Fantasy" came to a close he put on a completely different song. I put the ingredients all together, drawn back to my work and I began to stir it all together. I noticed the song consisted of two vocalists: a male and a female who harmonized perfectly with each other. It was a beautiful song and just as I was getting into stirring Harry came up behind me and I felt his arms around my stomach. My eyes widened slightly when he pulled me back against him and I felt his lips on my ears. He then whispered very quietly to me.

"Dance with me."

He spun me around and I was looking up into his eyes, shocked by the turn of events when the chorus started playing; and then Harry lead me into a goofy Waltz around the kitchen.

"Jump into the heat,

Spinning on our feet,

In a technicolor beat."

I was laughing with Harry's hands on my waist, mine on his shoulder, and our other ones just clasped together. My feet were on top of Harry's, so he did all of the work for me while I just held onto him tightly, us enjoying ourselves in the kitchen while playing music. My head fell back and I allowed myself to make the most of this. The music was soothing and blaring throughout the house and I could hear Harry humming along to the tune and we slowed down as the song did. Our laughter dried up and I looked up at him, still trying to stop.

Harry's face was straight, making me slightly confused. In the moment I hadn't really seen it coming when his hand grabbed the side of my face gently. Before I knew it I felt his lips against mine.

I was no longer paying attention to the music as the chorus blared around us again. All I could focus on was his lips. They were soft against mine and I wasn't responding, due to my inability to process all that had happened in the past two minutes.

But I did process that I liked this.

I wrapped my arms around him and pressed my body against him. My mind was hazy and I wasn't thinking of Harry, the boy who kidnapped me. I was thinking about Harry, the boy I couldn't stop thinking of recently. He was the guy I gave my first kiss to without regret and I was currently sharing a kiss with him again. And I enjoyed it.

My mouth opened for him and I let him lead the kiss since I had little to no experience with guys. He lifted me up to sit me down on the counter. When our lips parted for that brief moment, I took that time to breathe quickly. His mouth was on mine soon and this time I made sure I got my fingers in his hair. It was silkier than I had dreamed it to be much to my delight. When our kiss broke he attached his mouth to a spot on the left side of my neck above my collarbone and he began to suck on it. I closed my eyes, thinking to myself this is real.

It took me a while to notice his hands were rubbing up and down where my thighs were still bare, but he didn't try to get past my shorts. I didn't fear him. I trusted him.

I wanted him.

His lips released my neck and I wished that I could see what damage he'd done. Harry pressed his forehead against mine and then he reached down to kiss and nibble at the spot. I whined since the place was sensitive coughing him to chuckle to himself. I wrapped my legs around him, because I wanted to be close to him. It was my turn to rest against him again, but our time together was shot when the oven began to alarm us that it was ready.

I lifted my eyes to his and we both stared at each other with slightly wide and hazy eyes. I could feel both of us beginning to panic on the inside as a question rang in my ears.

What now?

I lifted my hand to his face and placed it against his jaw. I felt my heart pounding in my chest and even as some part of me was trying to scream at me this man took you from your home, I looked at him and felt content. I didn't fear him. I didn't regret kissing him or knowing him. I just knew that I wanted him.

He returned the gesture, rubbing his thumb against my cheek lightly and I knew things would be a bit complicated from here, but I didn't seem to care at this point.

Harry cleared his throat. "I-I should go, um, get the brownies in the oven," he mumbled.

I felt hurt for a second. I had the smallest moment of concern about him being the one to regret this. My senses returned as I decided that Harry was confused and needed time alone to think. And maybe he did really regret involving himself with me. I nodded at him and got off the counter when he backed up. I took steps to leave the counter. I looked back for the briefest second to see him sigh and begin to finish the brownies.

-

AKFBGAKRNG

I think I'm gonna try to update on Saturdays for this from here on out loll. Cute bad News I might try for Saturday bc I'm currently trying to finish that. Hunter I'll try on Fridays or Mondays or something.

QUESTIONS (in case u missed them)

1. What are some of your favorite music artists? I don't really have favorites, but currently obsessing over Oh Wonder, Jhene Aiko, and the Cab.

2. Did you like this chapter? Really stupid question, but I was just wondering.

3. Now that they've kissed what do you think is going to happen? I'm still considering what's supposed to happen next bc guys IDK.

4. WAS THIS CUTE OR NAH?

I'm done now lmfao. I don't ask questions much anymore bc tbh no one really answers them, but I just wanted to do it for ffuunn. Comment, vote, fan and promote. Here are this weeks goals...

Votes (chap): 15

Comments: how about ten (it's a stretch ik)

Reads (book): 4.2K

ITS OK IF Y'ALL DON'T REACH. WE'LL GET THERE. Love youu.

- Angie Bear

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 266 31
"Kannst du nicht für einen kleinen Moment dein Riesen-Ego abschalten und mir einfach mal zuhören?" - "Könnte ich schon, aber wo wäre denn der Spaß da...
112K 4.4K 100
Hallo zusammen, das ist schon mein fünftes One Shot Buch und sozusagen die Fortsetzung vom ersten, zweiten, dritten und vierten Buch. Da ich gerne sc...
3.4K 194 35
Kaum wurde ein junges Mädchen zu einer Kunoichi, genauer gesagt, zu einer Chunin, welche erst gerade etwa sechs Jahre alt war, kam es schon dazu, das...
44.6K 6.6K 144
Informationen zu Kpop und allem drum und dran Start: 01.01.2024 Ende: ? ➪ Sollte ich Fehler machen, zum Beispiel einen Namen falsch schreiben, eine...