Legacy

By writing__stories

A GIF Animated Netflix Original concept that illustrates the life of Adam, a young teenager, happily living w... More

๐“’๐“๐“ข๐“ฃ
๐•ฐ๐–•๐–Ž๐–˜๐–”๐–‰๐–Š 1: ๐ผ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐“‡๐‘œ
๐•ฐ๐–•๐–Ž๐–˜๐–”๐–‰๐–Š ีท: ๐’œ๐“ƒ๐‘œ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“‡ ๐‘€๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‡๐“ƒ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ..
๐•ฐ๐–•๐–Ž๐–˜๐–”๐–‰๐–Š3: ๐’œ๐’ป๐“‰๐‘’๐“‡
๐•ฐ๐–•๐–Ž๐–˜๐–”๐–‰๐–Š4: ๐’ž๐‘œ๐“‚๐’ท๐’ถ๐“‰
๐•ฐ๐–•๐–Ž๐–˜๐–”๐–‰๐–Š5: ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ฏ๐“‡๐“Š๐“‰๐’ฝ
๐•ฐ๐–•๐–Ž๐–˜๐–”๐–‰๐–Š 6: ๐‘…๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“ƒ๐‘”๐‘’
๐•ฐ๐–•๐–Ž๐–˜๐–”๐–‰๐–Š 7: ๐““๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฌ๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐”‚
๐•ฐ๐–•๐–Ž๐–˜๐–”๐–‰๐–Š 8: ๐“๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“๐“ฝ ๐“ข๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ต
๐•ฐ๐–•๐–Ž๐–˜๐–”๐–‰๐–Š 9: ๐’ฎ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“ ๐’ฎ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‰๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”
๐•ฐ๐–•๐–Ž๐–˜๐–”๐–‰๐–Š 11: ๐’ฏ๐“‡๐’ถ๐“…

๐•ฐ๐–•๐–Ž๐–˜๐–”๐–‰๐–Š 10: ๐“•๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ๐“ฝ

14 2 0
By writing__stories

[ 22 years ago]

At 17 years old, David found himself as an orphan, left without his mom or dad who was murdered when he was a kid. He wanted to avenge the death of his parents, but he was helpless.

At 18, he was put out of the orphanage, since the rules clearly stated that if you're no longer a minor, you have to leave. He was lucky enough that he had in the past a place to sleep and to eat free food. Now he had to worry about more things. But at least for him, he was set free.

He first had to get a new job in order to afford living expenses and rent a place to live in.

One day, he was begging in the street.

Unexpectedly, a fancy car passes by him. It's a BMW black. The left rear window opens slowly, making only the hand of an unidentified man showing, lifting his hand where we can spot a golden ring.

David stood up, walking towards the car. As soon as he got closer, the mystery man got out of the car. He's the father of his future wife, who he'll be meeting very soon. He addressed optimistically, not wanting to sound pushy:

"Young man, you seem to be needing help"

"I actually do sir, I really need to get a job. I have no home and no food to eat"

"How about you work for me at home? You'll be asked to do a few chores and in exchange, you'll be given a monthly allowance, a room where you'll be able to sleep without worrying, and you'll also sit with us at our dining table. "

"What kind of chores am I requested to do?"

"Don't worry about that. Your questions are understandable but you'll learn the answers very soon. I promise I'll be taking good care of you. You'll be able to leave whenever you want."

David was really hesitating, but seeing his condition, he knew he'd never find another golden opportunity. Indeed, this man was god-gifted.

Years passed by, and David bonded with his daughter, leading to their wedding within two years following his coming to their home. He is now his right hand in all of his work. David was also given The Williams's last name. Even after retiring, he made him the main leader of his worldwide organization, while he had his own son who was supposed to be the heir but according to him, he was never competent enough to carry out his dad's tasks. In fact, the father-son relationship wasn't that good, which was an opportunity for David to rise. Even when small quarrels occurred, the father always took David's side.

[ 2 years ago]

Eventually, David's power and influence skyrocketed through the years, owing to the position he's been given. But things couldn't get any worse. Today is a rainy stormy day, the flowers all died after the drought of the last season, and turned all black. The Williams family buried a cherished member, Anna Williams. She was the beloved wife of Victor Williams, Adam's grandfather.

[Present]

Adam was seeing a dream last night. It was like he was in heaven. A woman looking more like an angel got closer and closer and whispered:

"Adam, fulfill the mission that we couldn't do. The world needs you. We count on you. Save it."

The results of Adam's finals came today in the mailbox. Adam managed to get the highest score from all students in other classes by getting a score of 19.88 out of 20. Meaning that he could attend any college he wants for future studies. He was really happy that, besides everything that's been happening to him this year, with the losses of his mother and grandfather, his hard work was really fruitful.

On the same afternoon, Adam applied for Harvard University via mailbox. He was really hoping to get into it because it was his dream to pursue a better future.

Weirdly, he got a response within the next two days. The letter clearly states these lines:

"Dear Adam, we thank you for your application. Although you have the high average in the whole country, we can't accept you because your identification papers are either missing or incomplete. In other words, we're sorry to inform you that you're not a legal American citizen. And in this case, we have to reject your application. Wishing you the best of luck in future opportunities. - HU "

His eyes widened and his mouth was wide open while holding that letter. He couldn't believe that he would be only rejected just because of this reason. But something his mother taught him, is that "Good things take time". Eventually, Adam knew that greater opportunities will be coming in the future. 

That was RIGHT. Indeed, he just received a mail that he and 9 other colleagues were invited to elaborate individuals presentation about "How can we improve the country's economy". The jury will be fellow members of the American Congress plus the director of the school, Mr. Liam, previously their maths teacher. This would be a great opportunity for Adam to showcase his capacity. The work should be done within 7 days. The student with the best presentation will be present in the future meetings of the country's president and his ministers.

David went back home, he walked into Liam's room, bringing him his dinner. He comforted him with sparkly eyes. 

" You haven't lost anything yet. Plus don't worry, Liam will be coming here all week starting tomorrow morning to help you with your presentation. He's really experienced I can promise you that. Now, go get some sleep and rest reassured."

Liam sat down with Adam in the kitchen, while Adam was working on his computer, Liam was searching on his computer links that could help in Adam's presentation. 

Adam looked at Liam, proclaiming, with a mouth curving into a smile:

- Whoever dad trusts, I trust him willingly. I truly appreciate you helping me ever since we met. Remember our first meeting at grandma's funeral? If I recall correctly, I sat next to my grandpa, you came to handshake him and hug him but you didn't even say hi to me haha. I was really mad at you because I can't stand anyone ignoring me. But what I want to know is your history with my dad.

Liam answered, with sparkly eyes.

-  As I said before, I'm sorry I didn't know you were the son of David. Our friendship goes back to the days. Long story short. Your dad and I were orphans. We went our separate ways once we left the orphanage. But years after your dad's financial status was stable, he started to look for me. He knew the only place he'd find me in. He offered me to work by his side in your grandfather's organization. We were fighting corruption and evil worldwide. I hope you'll be joining us in this fight. It's risky but we have to sacrifice ourselves so other people live, for the sake of the motherland, for the sake of this world.

The presentation day came in. Lots of security guards inside the school to protect the congress members from any damage that could occur. Obviously, his best friend Jack was also going to present. They exchanged a hug. They also encounter their best friend Alice coming from the outside, even though she had no reason to be there since Harvard University chose her instead of Adam, yet she wanted to be there to support her best friends.

The 9 students had already elaborated on their presentations, the last one was Adam.

While entering, he encountered his worst enemy.

- I feel sad for you that your best friend Alice stole your dream from you. Look at her now, she's the only one who gets into Harvard while we're here living this misery. But trust me, I'm the one with the best presentation.

- You know what Michaelwhat a human need is a brain, something that you're obviously missing. See you.

Adam's best friends decided to wait for him next to the conference class.

The presentation was indeed anonymous. When the student presents, all that the jury and the congress see is the main presentation displayed on a big screen via a video projector.

For transparency reasons, the jury can only see the face of the candidate after their decision is declared. Out of the 9 other candidates, Adam was finally chosen since the jury was mostly in favor.

- Congratulations young man! We really enjoyed your economical presentation. But let's open the curtains so we can see you.

[In the series while shooting this scene, The room behind the curtains was darkAdam comes downstage slowly. His body is slowly revealed while coming out of the dark]

The director of the Jury was looking at his phone and at Adam's face back and forth, comparing him to the picture he just received from one of his coworkers who assigned him on a mission to kill him. Adam could spot that his picture was displayed from distance. He, his, and his whole team knew in advance what was going to happen, even Mr.Liam. 

This man pulls slowly something, right under his shirt, so as to not draw attention. Adam had to act fast. He was lucky enough to be armed that he shot the man.

All of the sudden, gunshots are heard from the outside of the class, coming from the hallways.

Liam asked the jury to stay calm and hide under the tables. Meanwhile, Adam calls his auntie who works in the police department, informing her about this massacre so she and her special team come to the rescue. He also tries to reach out to his two best friends, but they weren't answering.

Ladam (Adam & Liam) locked the class, making sure the Jury was safe. Liam covered Adam and walked carefully through the empty hallways. All of the guards were either wounded or dead.

The janitor put luckily all the weapons they both needed in the closest locker to the conference room. Liam took cover. Shots were exchanged between Ladam and the masked terrorists. 

Abruptly, they started to hear gunshots from the other side. So Adam went behind while Liam almost cleared out all the terrorists in that hallway. 

Luckily, the police finally came in. 

Adam was carefully walking while he tried to call again his friends.  The ringing sound could be heard from the toilet.

He rushes over to that place to find out that his best friends were sadly dead, deeply wounded, and couldn't make it.

Adam collapses shockingly. He tried to wake up his friends but in vain. All of his hands were covered with their blood. He could never forgive himself because he felt responsible for their death.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 478 9
From a young age, you were thrown into a life that you despised by people that made choices for you. When the first opportunity to make your own arri...
270K 3.6K 58
๐˜ˆ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜Œ๐˜ท๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฆ๐˜น ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ
1K 24 6
In which you and Coriolanus grow up together in the Capitol and one day cross the lines between friends. Cross posted on Tumblr.