Bad Habits

By eroticashh

"Bad habits like me always return, love." ~ Aurora Rae is trying to push past a break-up that has left her b... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
💗
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
🩷
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
💗
Chapter Forty Two
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
🩷
💗
Epilogue 3
Epilogue 4
Epilogue 5
a/n
A Christmas special 🎄

Chapter Thirty One

15.7K 332 195
By eroticashh

𝐸𝑛𝑧𝑜 ☽

I couldn't take my eyes off her.

She sang so beautifully.

It was beautiful.

She was beautiful.

I was going insane.

When she finished, people stood up and gave her a standing ovation. I sat still, my eyes never leaving her figure.

She grinned and thanked everyone before turning and leaving the stage. She strolled back to her sister to hand the microphone, but her sister pulled her in for a hug instead.

Even though there was a distance between us, I could see that she was uncomfortable and stiff. She didn't wrap her arms around her sister, she just stood there, unmoving.

Natalia pulled away from her and mumbled something in her ear. She gently took the microphone from Aurora's hands and returned to her husband.

Aurora quickly turned and started making her way back to me.

We locked eyes.

I smiled when her cheeks turned the lightest shade of pink.

I stood up and pulled her chair out for her. She whispered a thank you, bunched up her skirt and sat down.

Everyone around her congratulated her, and told her how amazing she was.

But me? I just couldn't take my eyes off her.

I couldn't form any words.

I couldn't even get a breath in.

When she finally looked at me, her grin grew wider. I couldn't help myself anymore, her grin did things to me.

She did things to me.

I leaned forward, grabbed the bottom of her chair, and pulled it toward me. She shifted in her seat just so she could face me properly.

"Rory... god, I don't even know what to say."

She chuckled quietly, "Was I that bad?"

My teeny smile disappeared and was quickly replaced by a frown. I took her hands and squeezed them together while lacing my fingers with hers.

"No. No, that's not what I meant. I'm sorry, it came out wrong. I just... you were so beautiful up there. I'm still at a loss for words."

Her mouth slightly fell open.

We were so close that our lips were near touching. One slight tilt of either of our heads and they would meet.

I had to use all the self-control left in me not to claim her mouth with mine.

She closed her mouth after a few seconds and smiled gently.

The corners of my lips pulled upward at the sight of her smile.

I let go of her hands to cup her face. Her smile only grew wider when my thumbs brushed her bottom lip.

"I love your smile," I whispered.

I still couldn't believe that in a few hours, Aurora Rae, the most beautiful woman I have ever met, would be mine. And, that I would be hers.

It just all seemed so surreal.

"Alright love birds, it's time for food."

Aurora groaned and turned her head to look at Flora. She glared at her while I removed my hands from her face and stood up.

"She's right, love. The quicker we eat, the quicker we can leave."

Derek coughed into his elbow, "The quicker they can fuc—"

Flora slapped Derek's arm. He burst into a fit of laughter as she placed her son into his father's arms and got to her feet. I looked over at Derek and smirked, which only made him laugh even harder than before.

Flora rolled her eyes, "Way to ruin the moment, dickhead."

"There's a child here!" Derek exclaimed. Flora just slapped her husband's arm again, picked up her skirts and walked around the table.

Benjamin had already been laughing, so Angela stood up and flicked his ear with her index finger and her thumb. He cupped his ear, but his laughter didn't die down.

She picked up her daughter and stepped around Benjamin's seat in order to get to Flora.

I extended a hand to Aurora and chuckled under my breath. She eagerly took it, re-latching our fingers together.

Before I could turn and walk us to where the food was, Aurora pulled me back and whispered, "I hope Derek's right."

I inhaled through my nose, and exhaled through my mouth.

I leaned down and kissed her jaw. "Don't worry, he's not wrong."

I pulled back to watch her cheeks turn a bright pink colour. She scrunched her nose up when I bent down and kissed it. I held her hand a little tighter when we started walking toward the food table.

The line was long. Jesus, how long did I have to wait?

Aurora didn't seem to care, she just pulled me along with her. Together, we waited in line. Every so often, Aurora would stand on her toes to see how long the line was.

I chuckled and kissed the top of her head.

Honestly, it felt like we were a married couple. It felt like we were already a couple, and tonight would just make it official.

"They served food pretty early," Angela said from behind us.

Flora sighed dramatically, "Not fast enough. I'm fucking starving."

Avalon giggled. She opened her mouth, but her mother clamped a hand over her daughter's mouth before she could say anything.

Aurora tipped her head back and laughed.

I swear, the sight of her laughing, smiling, singing, literally just breathing... it made my heart melt.

Avalon started wiggling in her mother's arms. Angela raised her eyebrows at her daughter and muttered, "I'm trusting you, Avalon."

Angela removed her hand from Avalon's mouth. After remaining still for a short while, Avalon started to reach out to me with her tiny arms.

"She really loves you," Angela said as she handed me Avalon. Avalon put her arms around my neck and placed her legs over one of my hips.

I tickled her stomach, which made her giggle.

I felt Aurora's hand on my arm. I looked down at her to see her smiling once again.

"I'll get you some food Enzo. Go take Avalon back to the table."

I shook my head, "I'm not hungry, it's okay. Get some food for yourself."

I didn't want to eat. I was afraid the food would make an appearance when I-

"Are you sure? It's seriously not a problem."

I nodded, "I'm certain. I'll meet you back at the table, okay?"

She gave a quick nod before returning to face her cousin, who was now grinning and winking at her. Aurora simply rolled her eyes and gave Flora a friendly whack on the arm.

I strolled back to the table with a very energetic Avalon in my arms. She blabbed about her favourite colours, her favourite foods, her favourite dresses...

I listened to her the entire time, occasionally stopping, and trying to process what she had just said. Sometimes, due to her baby voice, I didn't understand what she said at some points.

She was adorable.

"So, Enzo..."

I looked away from Avalon to look at Benjamin.

"Can I trust you with my baby cousin? You seem to love her very much."

I smiled, "I'll keep her safe no matter what," I looked away and stared at the floor, "I do love her. So much."

Derek chuckled, "Man, you have it bad.  I saw the way you looked at her."

"We both did. You looked at her with so much love." Benjamin added.

I felt my cheeks burn.

"Look after her, okay? She's been through a lot." Benjamin said rather softly.

Derek perked up, "Hurt her, and we'll hurt you."

"Believe me, if I hurt her, I would hurt myself," I lifted my head and locked eyes with Benjamin, "Don't worry, I'll protect and love her until the day I die."

++++

After everyone had eaten, William and Natalia took the floor. They were wrapped up in each other's arms, fog filling the floor and a slow song playing in the background.

Photographers ran around the stage like mad trying to capture the perfect shot of the couple.

Avalon was no longer sitting with me. Once her mother had arrived with food, she jumped off my lap and bolted to her mother.

I held Aurora close to me. She insisted that she would be alright sitting on her chair, but I ignored her and pulled her onto my lap. She didn't complain when I wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my chin on her shoulder.

During the dance, she fiddled with the rings on my fingers, and then the rings on her fingers. She traced a few tattoos on my hands, then laced and unlaced our fingers.

When the dance was over, Natalia and William cut the cake, then called everyone onto the dance floor when an upbeat pop song began playing. Guests piled onto the dance floor within minutes.

I watched as William's friends joined him on the dance floor, and then all the bridesmaids joined Natalia.

"Can we go?" Aurora asked quietly.

"Hm? Are you sure you don't want to dance? Or eat some cake?"

She shook her head, then climbed off my lap and started gathering her things.

Flora looked up from where she was eating cake. She arched an eyebrow and asked where Aurora was headed.

"Oh, we're just headed out. I'm not feeling very well."

"Oh, okay. I'll tell Natalia if she asks."

"Thank you, Flora. We'll see you guys tomorrow."

I tucked one of my hands into my pockets while the other was draped around Aurora's lower back.

I fiddled with the ring box in my pocket as I steered us away from crowds. When we finally made it to the car, I took my hands off Aurora to open the door for her.

She thanked me and ducked her head so she could sit down. I had put the roof of the car up just in case, and I don't think Aurora wanted it down if she was unwell.

I put both hands on the top of the car and leaned down toward Aurora. I pulled her seatbelt across and plugged it in. She bent down to put her purse on the floor before sitting up straight against the car seat and smiling at me.

"I don't have to take you today if you aren't feeling well. We can always—"

She silenced me with a finger on my lips.

"It was a lie. I'm feeling great, and I want to go to whatever you've planned."

I grinned at her enthusiasm.

"It's been the only thing on my mind, Enzo. So, get a move on!"

I chuckled as I retreated and closed her door. I did a quick little jog to get to the other side of the car. I slid into the driver's seat and started the car.

"How much time will it take?"

I turned to face her as I began to leave the parking space for our vehicle. At this moment, she was shaking from excitement. God, she was so cute.

"Just a couple minutes."

"Okay!"

We sat in silence the entire ride.

I recited my speech in my head the entire time.

I glanced at the time every now and then. I counted down the minutes until she would be mine.

It was pretty late at night when we finally arrived at the Eiffel tower. I decided to park nearby, so we could have a little walk together.

I pulled the key out of the ignition and braced my hands on the steering wheel.

"I know you've probably been to the Eiffel tower a million times already...but just trust me on this one, okay?"

She turned and opened her car door, but then looked over her shoulder and smiled.

"Enzo, I don't care if I've been to the Eiffel tower a million times already. It's my first time going with you."

A string of violent curses went off in my head.

She's got my heart in a lethal twist.

"Now let's go! It's a beautiful night."

We exited the car together. I locked the car just as Aurora had made her way around the car to my side.

"Are you cold, love?"

Her arms were wrapped tightly around her waist. I could see her shivering, but she shook her head and smiled softly.

I shrugged my jacket off and draped it over her shoulders. She immediately sighed and thanked me.

I reached out and took her hand in mine.

Hand in hand, we walked toward the Eiffel tower. On the way, she told me all about her first time seeing it, and what it was like to her. I looked up and took in the view.

"It's breathtaking," I mumbled.

"It is. Maybe after we get away from my family, we could go to the top. I'd love for you to see the view..."

I looked back down at her. I drowned out what she was saying, and really just stared at her. She didn't realise I was staring at her, she just continued talking and walking.

There was quite a few people there, but I didn't mind.

When we made it to the front of the tower, I grabbed her by the waist. She was startled, so she stopped talking and faced me.

Confusion was all over her face.

"Aurora, there's a totally different reason on why I brought you out here tonight."

Her frown was immediately replaced with an expression of dread.

"Is everything okay? Did something bad happen?"

I gave a gentle chuckle before putting one of my palms over one side of her face. Now the other was on her hip, occasionally squeezing.

"No, my love. Nothing bad happened."

She stepped closer to me so her hands could encircle my neck.

The speech I had been repeating in my head throughout the entire car ride vanished from my head.

"Aurora, I'm fucking obsessed with you. Everything about you drives me insane. Your smile, your laugh, the way you speak, the way you dress, the way you poke my dimples every time I smile... just everything about you has my heart in a twist."

She sucked in a breath.

"You are my sunshine, my moon and all my stars, Aurora. You are my home, my safe haven, my happy place. You are everything I need, you are my person, Rory."

A few tears rolled down her cheeks now.

"I've fallen madly in love with your soul, Aurora Rae. I fall in love with you every day, I fall in love with the light you shine, Aurora."

A sob escaped her mouth.

"I want you, every part of you. Your flaws, your mistakes, your chaos... I just want you. I need you, Aurora."

Tears streamed down her face now, and at the sight of her tears I found myself crying as well.

"Say it," She whispered.

"I love you."

A sob escaped her mouth.

"I love you so much, Aurora."

She smiled through her tears, "I love you too, Enzo. So, fucking much."

I let out a sigh of relief.

I pressed my forehead against hers. My tears were starting to dry up when I remembered I had a ring for her in my pocket.

"Oh shit, I almost forgot."

I pulled away from her to get the ring out of my pocket. It was still in the box, so I quickly opened it up and showed her.

She gasped and covered her mouth with her hand. She reached out and brushed her fingers over the ring.

"It's a promise ring, my love. My promise is that you will never be unloved with me. I will always love you, no matter the circumstances."

I plucked the ring out of the box and slid it onto her middle finger. Then, I showed her my hand.

"Oh Enzo! You got us matching promise rings?"

I nodded, "I did."

"Well then, I have to make a promise too then, right?"

I grinned, again putting my forehead to hers as I leant forwards.

"I promise to forever be yours. I promise to love and care for you, no matter the circumstances."

More tears left my eyes.

"You are my moon, and I am your stars."

"You are my light Aurora, now let me be yours."

I slam my mouth down onto hers, my eyes immediately closing.

Of course, we have kissed before, but nothing like this.

Our kiss was deep and fierce. Nothing about it was loving, it was demanding. My tongue licked her bottom lip, begging to be inside her mouth already.

My tongue around hers as she began to open up her mouth. My hand moved from her hip to the top of her back. Around her neck's back, my hand curled. I bit her bottom lip as I pulled her towards me.

She threaded her fingers through my hair, tugging and moaning into my mouth.

"Jesus, Aurora. What are you doing to me?" I muttered against her lips.

She tried to get away from me, but I swiftly encircled her waist and yanked her close to me. She shrieked and instantly gripped my neck with her arms to avoid falling.

"Hmm, now where are you going?"

She rolled her eyes, "Back to the car, darling."

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?"

"I did."

"Well, I'm ready to fuck the attitude right out of you."

She rolled her eyes again.

Fucking tease.

"So, it's official? I'm your boyfriend?"

She grinned and pecked my lips again. She attempted to pull away again, but I held her tight against me and deepened the kiss.

"Yes, you're my boyfriend, Enzo. My real one." She said when we finally pulled apart.

I stuffed my nose in her neck and sighed.

"I love you so much, Rory."

"I love you more, Enzo."

We stood there for a while, just holding each other.

But, I suddenly had an idea.

"Let's dance, my love."

"What?" She giggled when I pulled away, but grabbed her hands an placed them on my shoulders.

My hands rested on her hips, my forehead leaning against hers, and our bodies a few centimetres away from each other.

My lips were brushing up against hers every now and then.

It drove me fucking insane.

Jesus, I still couldn't believe this woman was my girlfriend. That she was all mine now.

No more faking, no more lying, no more... it's all real now. Our relationship, our love, it's all real.

I couldn't help but smile down at her.

Her hands moved closer to my neck. She wrapped her arms around my neck. Her fingers begun playing with my neck hairs.

I couldn't help myself anymore. I fully wrapped my arms around her waist and gently pulled her against me.

I buried my face in her neck and sucked in a deep breath.

"I can't believe it, Aurora."

"Believe what?" She asked, curiously.

My hands cupped the back of her thighs. I lifted her into my arms, her legs instantly wrapping around my torso.

She stopped playing with my hair so she could properly grip my neck. She laid her head on my shoulder and exhaled.

My insides light up when her warmth collided with mine.

I hold her waist a little bit tighter as I whisper, "I can't believe you're all mine, Rory."

She chuckled against the bare skin of my neck.

"I can't say it enough, but I love you more than anything."

I could feel her smile on my skin.

"I'm yours to keep, Enzo. And you're mine to keep. Forever."

I buried my face in her shoulder.

"Enzo, you are L'amour de ma vie." (The love of my life.)

"Aurora, you are L'amour de ma vie."

"Do you even know what that means, my love?"

She pulled back to study my reaction. I kept my face neutral and shrugged.

"Of course I do."

"Really? What does it mean?"

I opened my mouth to reply, but Aurora laughed and silenced me with a kiss.

"It means the love of my life, Enzo."

I smiled wildly, "Well, I wasn't lying then. Was I?"

She laughed once again. Then, her lips claimed mine for what felt like the tenth time in the past five minutes.

Fuck, I couldn't get enough of this woman.

I

hey alexa, play lover by taylor swift <3

we finally made it! enzo and aura are finally a couple 🤭

i know this chapter was short... but i've got two smut chapters coming out either tomorrow or the day after!

i hope you enjoyed this chapter! please vote and leave comments! i fkn love reading them.

also, my heart goes out to all that have been effected by the roe v wade overturning. this world is disgusting, it's a disgrace.

taking human fucking rights away, isn't that smart?

i love you all so much, and i hope you have an amazing day.

I

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178 30 24
Alison has sworn off men after being hurt one too many times. Typical. Then she meets Adam, who has a story that makes her wake up. Or does it? H...
47.5K 968 26
💜 A one night stand with CEO bad boy and all round manwhore Landon Peters will change Aurora's life, if she'll take a risk and break some rules. 💜 ...
11.5K 278 71
How far will she go for a man who brings Lust And Dangers to her front door? This is the Lust And Dangers book rewritten into the correct writing for...