The Strings of Fate☠️💙(Skull...

By KilliosKorosu

[COMPLETED]: 7-16-23 Y/n An Orphan who lives in an abandoned Hotel that someone helped him with, Y/n has bee... More

Prologue
Bio
Chapter 1: The Maid
Chapter 2: Bad Hair Day
Chapter 3: Troublesome Day
Chapter 4: Fish Folks
Chapter 5: Unpleasant meeting
Chapter 6: Turn of Events
Chapter 7: The Skullgirl
Chapter 8: The Nun
Chapter 9: Meeting an Undead
Chapter 10: Nightmare's and Dream's
Chapter 11: Lesson
Chapter 12: Saving the Little Princess
Chapter 13: In Little Innsmouth & Nadia's Past
Chapter 14: Eliza and Cerebella
Chapter 15: Bastet's Den
Chapter 16: Chaos once again
Chapter 17: In Lab 8
Chapter 18: The Egrets
Chapter 19: Decisions made
Chapter 20: ASG Agents
Chapter 21: More Agents
Chapter 22: A Test Gone wrong
Chapter 23: Reunion
Chapter 24: Today was PUN!
Chapter 25: Snow Day with the Little Princess
Chapter 26: A Christmassy Night
Chapter 27: Sacred Ground
Chapter 28: Fun time with fellow Espers
Chapter 30: Meeting a Star
Chapter 31: A Chilling Day
Chapter 32: Little Princesses Problems
Chapter 33: The Amnesiac's Past
Chapter 34: Progress & TOBY/FOX !!!
Chapter 35: The Circus Girl's love & loyalty
Chapter 36: Sienna Contiello
Chapter 37: Secrets of the Skullheart
Chapter 38: All out Skullgirl's!!
Chapter 39: MEGALOVANIA!!
Chapter 40: Y/n the Puppeteer
Epilogue: The End?
BOOK 2 IS FINALLY OUT!!

Chapter 29: A glance is all it takes...

2.1K 77 39
By KilliosKorosu

Slowly, an eye opens as there, it showed the person's point of view as in front of them were two blurry figures, talking to each other while glancing at them,

But despite the blurriness, they could still make out the appearance as one looks to be a Nurse and the other showing to be some kind of Robot Doctor.

Robot Doctor: So this is the new test subject......

Nurse: Yes, I found her last mission and she seems perfect.

???: Hmm that is true, but although her wounds might complicate things but if what according to the datas are correct, then the experiment will be..... 90% successful, if not... oh well...

This made the nurse glance at the girl, eyes staring at them while groaning.

Nurse: ......

Her eyes looked at her with pity as then the Robot brought out some syringe, looking ready to start.

Robot Doctor: Now, let's begin.....

And for the next few minutes or hours,it became pure torture for the girl.

Why was she going through this?

Well it was to be save and it was for the greater good.

She was given the purpose of being the ultimate weapon.

The one to end the Skullgirl and the Skullheart.

______________________________________

???: !?

Red eyes shots opened as the girl sat up, sweating profusely from that nightmare..

Slowly she looks around to see herself in a room, her room.

She then looks to a nearby mirror, albeit a bit cracked but still useable as she looks at her reflection.

Hr red eyes glowing in the dark as well as the stitches on her face forming an X, the dark bags under her eyes were always noticeable due to the lack of sleep.

The girl revealed to be Painwheel, or through true name, Carol..

Carol kept on looking at herself before she looks away and tries to grab her mask, only to knock over a picture frame.

Seeing this,she quickly caught it before it could fall to the ground as she sighs.

She looks at the picture and it was an old one with torns on it's edges.

The picture showed a young girl along with another girl with blonde hair,there were also two boys with them, one being tall and wears a red scarf and the other being smaller than the three with a lazy but bright smile.

They all looks so happy at the picture which Carol suddenly clutches it tight making a crack appear on the glass which she gasps..

....

Silence was in the air as she shakily pace the frame back to it's place and she gets ready for the day...

__________________________________________

Y/n: ....Well this is awkward...

Another day at work after Y/n was paired with the Esper Twins for a few days in patrols.

He had grown closer to them as friends, especially Frisk while Chara, well she's still being difficult but seems to be warming up to him, which she doesn't admit.

Now for today's patrol, he is paired by none other than... Painwheel.

It was decided that both of them would be paired together for today's patrol as the two rarely interacts with each other, mostly Painwheel's or Carol tends to avoid Y/n which many wondered why, especially Y/n.

Now both of them were walking together, rather awkwardly.

Both never expected to start their day like this.. especially Carol herself,

Y/n: Hey uh.... Carol right?

Carol: ......

Y/n: Ehehe I'm looking forward to working with you for the day!

Carol: .........

This made Y/n smile wryly.

Y/n kept trying to strike up a conversation with Carol, but she never responded or said anything for the whole time which made Y/n slumped and depressed that his effort was showing no progress.

Y/n: Not really much for words huh....

Carol: ........

Y/n could only sigh at this, looks like she won't really talk, this made him disappointed and this made Carol glance at him.

Carol: ........

Both kept on with their patrols, with Y/n looking around the place while Carol kept looking forward.

They were scheduled at Downtown of New Meridian which the crime rate here is larger and frequent than the rest,

Y/n peeks around an alley before pulling back and sees that Carol was walking away as he catches up.

Y/n: Nothing wrong here, looks like we'll need to check-huh?

Suddenly, Y/n looks around to see many people were scurrying away, avoiding them...

Y/n: Huh what's..

He quickly realizes what's going on.

They were avoiding Carol.

Her appearance made everyone uneasy with fear instilled in them while some looks at her in disgust.

This made Carol look down and walks faster to get away.

Seeing this Y/n quickly catches up to her side.

Y/n: Ignore them Carol.

He said to her, trying to comfort her knowing the girl must be feeling hurt.

She looks at him smiling at her before she looks away, clenching her hands.

Carol: Your smile..... is the same as his...

Y/n: Hey you finally talk! Wait.... what did you say?

Carol: .......

Y/n: And your back to being silent.... again. But hey at least you talk!

Carol didn't respondbut she just nods which made Y/n smile even wider.

Time flew by between the two and Y/n's progress in trying to make Carol talk was now beginning to blossom with her giving small response which is good compared to his other previous attempts!

Now currently, they were near the docks as there, they look around.

They were told to go here for there were suspicious activities being done here as they were informed by Adam and Molly, and due to them being near, they were told to look into it and had to be vigilant.

Y/n: See anything sus, Carol?

Carol: ......

Y/n: Carol?

Y/n looks behind confused from the lack of response but understood why.

Carol had stopped walking and was watching the sun slowly set in the horizon in the sea.

Seeing this Y/n looked at the beautiful scenery as well, smiling.

Y/n: Beautiful isn't it?

Carol: .......

She didn't say anything as she just nods.

Y/n: Y'know, despite the obvious corruption this city carries, you can't deny it's a beautiful city, especially with views like this, am I right?

Carol: ...Yeah..

Y/n smiles even wider from the response as both continues to watch the sun set.

.....

.....

.....

Moments passed and the two were back at their duty.

Y/n: Okay, according to what Adam said, the suspicious activities always happened right inside this... warehouse...

He trailed off at the end as Carol who was right behind him, looks on confused not until she saw what's in front of him.

Thugs...

Lot's of them.

Thugs: ......

Y/n/Carol: ........

Thugs: .......

Y/n: .......

Y/n slowly turns around and grabs Carol by the shoulder and pushes her out as they leave together.

Y/n then closes the door, leaving the Thugs.

Thugs: ........

Cat: :3

Thugs: HEY!!!!

And before you know it, a small scale war happened on the warehouses, as cries of pain and gunshots were heard followed by battle cries coming from Carol or Painwheel in battle.

__________________________________________________

Night time has arrived.

In Little Innsmouth.

Filia was shown coming out of Yu Wan's Restaurant, with Minette seeing her out,

Filia: Today has been nice Minette, and thanks for the food Mr. Yu Wan!

Yu Wan: Glad you are satisfied my friends!

Minette: S-Say hello to Y/n for me please...

She meekly asked as Filia giggles and smiles.

Filia: I will Minette, and-

???: OUT OF THE WAY!

Filia: WAAH! What the!?

A Thug was shown pushing Filia aside, almost falling with Minette if Samson didn't act in time to catch them,

The thug continues running only for Samson to grab him back and slap him in the face.

Samson: Hey! That wasn't very nice now was it?!

Filia: Samson, I'm fine, you can let him go now.

Samson: Oh no Filia, this guy just rudely pushed you girls! He needs to be taught a lesson!

He forms fist which made the Thug sweat but then looks in horror when he saw who's behind them,

???: THERE YOU ARE!

Someone suddenly had dropped right in front of the restaurant, almost breaking the wooden planks and it revealed to be.

Carol: You have a lot of nerve trying to escape! Now come here and suffer like your friends-!?

Suddenly her whole body seemingly shut down and freeze.

Carol: W-Wha..?

A sudden flash appears in front of her as there stood a blonde haired girl, smiling and waving at her, laughing until slowly, her hair changes color, from blonde to black as there, the person was revealed to be....

Carol: F-Filia?

Filia: Huh what?

She looks at her confused and Carol couldn't believe it, it was her.. it was really her..

Carol: FILIA!!!!

Samson: What the heck is that thing!?

Both of them were in complete shock as this strange girl had suddenly dropped down in front of them out of nowhere.

Filia: H-How does she know my name!?

Carol: It is you!

Filia: Minette get inside!

Minette: Huh? But-

Samson: No time!

He quickly grabs the Dagonian girl and puts her inside the restaurant before he then threw the Thug in a dumpster, knocking him out.

Carol: Filia....

Samson: Get ready Filia! I don't think we'll be able to get away.

Filia: Ready Samson!

They immediately took battle stance and seeing this, Carol was shock.

Carol: Wait! Filia I-!?

Before she could say anything more, Samson starts attacking first as hair spikes went striking forward.

Carol blocks and seeing that they weren't gonna listen, has no choice but to fight back to defend herself.

Filia then charges at her for a kick as Samson assisted forming hind legs from behind as Carol crosses her arms to block but was surprised from Filia's strength as she got push a bit.

Carol quickly ducks down to dodge a tendril before pushing Filia away but Samson quickly grabs onto her hand and throws her back.

She then backflips as she uses her nails to stop herself before looking up and dodges away when few of Samson's tendrils came drilling on the spot she was in.

More comes whizzing in as Carol then quickly uses her blades as it spins in front, tearing it all apart as Samson immediately called it back, hurt.

Samson: Ugh!

Filia: Samson are you alright!?

Samson: I'm fine kid but don't let up! Eyes front!

She nodded as she charges again and Carol tries her best to defend herself without hurting her.

Filia jumps and goes for a kick but ends up breaking the wooden plank whrn Carol dodges aside,

The fight kept on going as Filia was getting confused now, the girl wasn't fighting her back so why?

Why is she only defending?

Why isn't she fighting back?

Filia was getting more confused....

Samson quickly goes for a drill attack which Csrol didn't have problem slicing the Parasites tendril off before she then caught Filia's punch and unfortunately gripped too hard which Filia winces and Carol saw this as she gasps as then Samson quickly slaps her away, freeing Filia.

She quickly rubs her hand in pain,

Filia: Ouch, her grip is strong!

Samson: Are you alright!?

Filia: Y-Yeah...

Carol quickly got up, shaking her head.

Carol: Filia. please! Listen-

Samson: Now kid!!

Filia then went right behind Carol before she quickly got tangled up and Filia kicks her and then punches as Carol went flying back, falling right into the water in a splash.

Seeing this, Filiaa sighs in relief as she staggers a bit.

Filia: Ugh that was one intense fight.

Samson: Hopefully she's down for the coun-

*SPLASH!*

Carol jumps out of the water, all sopping wet now as she shakes the water away.

Samson: Me and my big mouth.

Carol: Filia, I don't want to fight you so please listen already!!!

She cried out in desperation, which Filia was shocked and confused as she hesitates but decided to listen much to Samson's shock,

Samson: K-Kid!? What are you doing! Don't let your guard down!

Filia: Samson, I don't think she wants a fight and this girl seems to know me.

Samson: But it could be a trick! Who knows she might've heard your name from our friends-

Carol: Filia it's me! Carol!

She shouted cutting Samson off, who's eyes widen in shock.

Filia: H-Huh.. Carol?

Filia was confused until suddenly, she starts groaning as her head suddenly starts hurting.

Filia: W-What?

Y/n: Carol! Hey did you catch him? I'm finished trapping the others and- what, Filia!? Samson!?

Y/n suddenly drops down near them, as he got immediately worried seeing Filia groaning as he quickly went to her side, holding her close,

Y/n: Filia what's wrong!?

Filia: My head... it hurts!

Carol: Filia! Please... you've gotta remember me! It's me your best friend Carol!

She then removes her Mask showing her scared stitched face as when Filia saw her...

Filia: !?

She gasps when images.... starts filling in Filia's mind.

These were not just images...

They were her missing memories.. part of it.

All of it were showing a girl smiling at her, the same girl who was standing in front of her but with no injuries.

One of her best friends.

Filia: C-Carol? I-Is that really you?

Carol: Y-You remembered me!

She beams, happy that Filia's remembering.

Filia: Just a few memories but.. Carol.. W-What happened to you? Why... do you look like this?

She asked worried for her best friend as she stood up from Y/n's hold and walks over to her.

Carol: *Sighs* It's a long story...

Carol smiled at her.

Without any warning, she quickly grabs Filia to a hug surprising her.

Carol: I..I'm just glad you finally remembered me..

Tears flows out from her eyes as Filia was shock but slowly hugs back, slowly starting to cry as well.

Filia: Carol...

Y/n watches them from the sidelines, looking a bit shock and confused at what was happening but based on their conversation, he understood.

Carol is someone close to Filia's past.

But something is strange, why is there a sense of familiarity?

______________________________________________

...

After everything that had happened.

They were now back inside Yu Wan's restaurant, the Dagonian owner was very surprised and kind enough to let them talk here.

Filia: Carol...

Carol: .......

She hasn't said anything yet, as she kept on staring at the water in her hands,her mask was off, placed on the counter,

She then looks up, looking at Y/n.

Carol: Can we have a moment.... please?

Y/n seeing this was confused before he understoods and stands up.

Y/n: O-Okay.. I'll... give you two some space..

Carol nods at this, smiling a bit, thankful for him as what she's about to say is only for Filia to hear but the latter was reluctant for Y/n to leave but nods.

Y/n joined the kitchen, giving the two privacy.

Filia: Carol....

Carol: It all began.... a year ago..

She starts as Filia listens with Samson.

Carol: It was right after school. Right after we separated... I...

Carol's hands trembles a bit a Filia looks at her worried.

Carol: I was kidnapped by the Medici Mafia... to be turn and sold as a Slave for them.

Flashes of memories begins to play as then, Carol was shown being kidnapped as said so.

Carol: At that time, I was so afraid and confused what was going on until I realized what was happening. I was put into a place, where it was basically hell for me.

It was then shown Carol being forced into doing slave chores,

Carol: They put us through so many things, the jobs they've given us, the hardships, the agonies I went through, I still remember it all...

She can really remember it all, the task they were given, all the mining, cleaning and pushing they had to do, it was still clear on her mind,

It as full of bad memories that continues to haunt her.

Carol: But after a few months, after many pain and punishments I've suffered, I was finally rescued.. by them.

Then the memory changes as everyone in the slave camp was then saved by none other than.

Last Hope.

Many of the Slave traders fell from their hands as then Carol was shown cowering behind, her wounds still freshed on her especially the gashed on her face she recently received due to a fight as then a familiar nurse walks up to her, looking worried and in panic.

Valentine looks down at her and she was shocked at her condition.

Carol: I thought I was finally free but...., I knew it was too good to be true....

She dug her nail on the counter, cracking it as Filia looks more worried.

Filia: Carol?

Carol: I.... thought I was save, that my suffering in that accursed place would have ended, but it only became worst for me.

Carol was then shown being strapped in a table as Valentine was shown looking at her, but her eyes showed regret and besides her was a Doctor with a Robotic appearance and exposed brain.

Carol: I ended up becoming an experiment to someone, he modified my body to an extent of what's considered to be superhuman, as well as attaching this.... Parasite in my body.

She gestures to the blades on her back.

Carol: I was given things that I never really wanted, all for the sake of defeating the Skullgirl like what HE said.

The same Robot Doctor appears as Carol could only growl at that image.

Carol: At that time, I knew that there was no going back. The damage has already been done. So I had no choice but to follow orders but it doesn't mean I never wanted to stop...

Memories of the things she had to do for them, the missions he had to go on, as well as the tests she went through.

Carol: Everywhere I go, I only instill fear, disgust to everyone who looks at me. Including.... my own parents.

Filia widens her eyes in shock.

Carol: The memory of my own parents rejecting me, it's still fresh in my mind.. the look in their eyes... it showed everything I never wanted to see from them..

She grips the table hard remembering that time, the time where she was freed from the control and had requested to return back to her hometown.

Maplecrest.

There she goes home to face her parents, hoping they would still accept her as their daughter they dearly love and cherished...

But....

However, her parents were extremely horrified upon seeing her and shun her because of her appearance, although they didn't realize it was their daughter.

A heart-broken and despondent Carol goes off after this which she returns back to Lab 8, full of sadness and despair..

Carol: ...Ever since then, I've been fighting for Lab 8, for the Princess, alone just to get rid of this pain inside me...

She finished as Filia was covering her mouth in tears of the pain her best friend had to go through.

Filia: Carol...

Suddenly Carol grabs her in a hug again, being careful not to hug so hard because of her monstrous strength.

Carol: I'm just... I'm just glad you're back!

She cries as Filia hugs her back.

Samson didn't say anything the whole time.

Truthfully, he was in disbelief.

That this girl... was Carol, Filia's friend.

He had met her before and never he could've imagine this, a sweet innocent girl had turned into this.

This world...

Truly it may be filled with kind and extraordinary people but you gotta always remember...

It also has a dark side. One that is filled with horrible people like the ones in Medici Mafia and many more...

_______________________________________

Meanwhile with Y/n.

The latter was busy entertaining himself by poking Yu Wan's whisker for the past few minutes before the fishman looks at him questioningly, a bit annoy.

Yu Wan: Y/n, what are you doing?

Y/n: Well I'm trying to WHISKER away my boredom and don't worry, I'm almost FINished hehe~

Yu Wan groans from the puns as Minette giggles from her boyfriend's usual antics.

Yu Wan: Well can you please stop? Why don't you go I don't know, check on Filia and her friend? I think they're done..

Y/n: Hmm okay!

Y/n hops off the stool as Yu Wan sighs again.

Yu Wan: Ugh kids, you never know what goes through their minds.

Y/n peeks through the door to see the girls were now hugging, crying with tears of joy in their reunion.

Seeing this Y/n smiled and moves away, leaving them alone. No need to go in there and ruin it for them, especially for Filia.

She only got one parts of her memories and it's one of the most important parts of her life.

Her best friend Carol.

To be continued.....

Word Count: 3500+

11-28-22

Finally, I finished another one!

Although truthfully, I wasn't sure about this chapter too, I thought it needs more time to be wrote well but I feel like it's good enough as it basically tells everything you need to know of the chapter.

I did some changes in Carol's backstory in the game like she was already kidnapped before Filia's supposed death and such.

Now another reunion has happened and it's between Filia and Carol! Only this time, Y/n wasn't involved in it!

This is a fanfic after all so I can decide.

Hope you enjoyed reading this!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 8.8K 23
It was just a normal Saturday. (Y/N) was playing Undertale for the millionth time. She was obsessed. (Y/N) had played all of the routes. True Pacifis...
2.2K 65 26
Was this truly the last RESET? Sans wondered. But he knew only Frisk would tell, only this young girl would decide his future. He hated the thought o...
383 19 13
Times on the Surface were going okay- Toriel and Sans founded the school, Frisk is doing alright, apart from having people problems, Alphys and Undyn...
26.6K 770 37
Frisk just wants to save monster and humankind, but does she have the determination to do everything she wants? Especially as she has now been blamed...