SWEET HOME (cha hyun su x rea...

By jeanschin

Sweet home. There wasn't much to say. People didn't make you feel like you were at home. Becoming a high scho... More

i:
iii:
IV:
V:
VI:
VII ( Season 1 finale )

ii:

1.4K 44 4
By jeanschin

"I'm sorry, but that's not possible." You were bent down next to the kids seeing how sad and frighten they were. They wanted them to save there dad, but like hyun-su said, it wasn't  possible for a person to be survive a fall from the 12th floor.

It hurted to see them crying at a time like this. "Don't worry. There's a safe place where you can stay. Right hyun-su?" You nudged him as the idea came to him.

"There's a man in the the 14th floor with a lot of food. You're hungry, aren't you?" They nodded.

While he explained to them everything outside, you had a sudden sibling transference seeing how they reminded you of your siblings back then. This automatically made you want to protect them at all cost. It was your duty as a older sibling after all.

"I'll protect you." You heard hyun-su say as he held there shoulders. 'He's.... Scared? Or maybe worried?' you thought to yourself.

As you guys got out of the apartment, you held the kids hand tight hoping to not lose there grip as hyun-su protected them from the back.

You stopped your track to hear a grunt from hyun-su. You turned around to see blood flowing out of his nose nonstop. "Hyun-su!" You didn't want, but needed to help him.

"Get away from me." He held his chest as you showed a worrisome expression. "Wait no." you saw him struggling to breathe and still more blood coming out.

"Go!" He yelled as he shut the door leaving you guys out. Right then you heard some noise making it towards him. "Hyun-su open up!" You said as the kids looked worried. "What's wrong?" Right then the door had opened, but ended up falling on him as a big fat monster had punched it out.

"Go up the stairs". You told them as you grabbed hyun-su arm. "Come on, get out of there." You struggled to pull him out until the monster had stepped on door as you backed up protecting the kids behind you by shooting it, but it didn't do nothing to him.

The monster had tried getting you guys until, it retracted his arm back to him. You looked down seeing hyun-su was still alive, but wasn't himself. He was right. He did eventually turned into some... monster? But it didn't seem like it beside his eyes being all blacks, but what you found weird was him smiling.

"Run... hurry!" He yelled trying to hold it back from you guy. "Fuck... please come back to your senses." You said one last time looking at him as you rushed with the kids upstairs.

"Ms... is he not coming back? Is he dead?" The little boy cried as you turned to him. You looked at his sister as she held his hand. "He's not dead. I promised you I'll protect you guys as well. He'll come back." You reassured him.

"But..." you looked at him seeing he started to wet himself. You couldn't do anything at the moment, but have their trust in you.

"Don't be embarrassed. I won't tell anyone about this. Your sister won't say anything as well. Let's go okay?" You calmly talked to him as he nodded.

Taking a few steps you guys stopped in your track as the door automatically opened which it was the same monster as before who couldn't see.

"Can't see...." It said breathing out loud. "Where are you?" You held there hands tight as the girl covered her brother mouth preventing him from making any noise. Good thing she had remembered what you guys told them about the monsters they would encounter.

You guys stood still for a good minute until it started to walk away. You looked and nodded at home signaling them to walk up carefully.

Not a second soon the other fat monster had walked up stairs as it had seen you guys. The girl had suddenly yelled realizing what was to happened.

You had pushed them down quick as you didn't make it on time and got some cut on your arm. You winced at the pain as you grabbed there hands and moved them up stairs as the 'no see' monster stabbed the other 'big' monster.

"Su-yeong, big sister, he told us that it was room 1408. This is the 15th floor, though." That's true. So close, but yet so far you guys almost made it to the 14th floor.

"We can't go there now. The monsters are fighting there." Su-yeong told yeong-su.

"She's right. We might have to find another way here-Ah-!" You whined a bit feeling your cut bleeding out more. You looked at it to realize the cut was made somewhat deep and thicker than regular cuts.

"Older sister are you okay?!" The kids worriedly questioned while you tried to forget about it. "I'm fine. Don't worry about. I'm more worried in getting you guys to safety."

Without realizing it you saw su-yeong running to the apartments trying to find someone for help. You followed her quickly as su-yeong followed you being.

"Su-yeong wait. Don't make any noise-" it was too late as you heard some loud thuds coming from the hallway. Hiding the kids behind you, you felt your heart racing again seeing the 'big' monster is still alive.

The problem now was that you guys were at a dead end meaning no escape. "Close your eyes please." You told them as you got your gun out.

"Big sister..."

"Close them!" You yelled as you started aim for the face. Then for the knees. But nothing still just like last time. "So that's how you wanna play? Fine." You said irritated, until someone walked in.

"Don't touch the children. You can do that right?" The lady with the 'baby' told the monster as it smiled and kicked her. "Stop..." you stuttered trying to get your words out right.

You felt not bad, but horrible seeing her yell as the monster stepped on her stroller. That's when you realized she came to her senses at the last minute. She knew her baby was gone.

Right before you could load your bullets, you looked ahead of you, seeing  Jae-heon, ji-su, and hyun-soo alive in the other side. You sighed in relief seeing them alive. "Come here. Hurry!" Hyun- so yelled as you put away the gun, grabbing there hands quick as you quickly walked past the monster making it through the other side with the rest of them.

You put the kids behind you guys as you stood next to them. "How do we kill that thing?" Jae-heon questioned before they saw the women appear again, but was turned attacking the monster.

Ji-su walked up to it irritated and used her bat to hit it on his area where it yelled in pain. "Take the kids and leave!"

Jae-heon rushed to help as well. You wanted to at least do something useful and help, but yeong-su held you back as you took your hand.

"Come to room 1408!" Hyun-su yelled as you guys ran away from them. Finally making it down stairs, du-sik opened the door revealing yourselves with the kids walking in front of you guys.

He smiled not believing what he had seen. The kids settled in as few minutes passed by the door had opened revealing the women from earlier who looked back to normal.

————————————————

After hyun-su came out from the restroom he noticed all of you guys sitting around the table. "Come sit." Du-sik said. "Okay."

There was a space next to you as you were next to du-sik, giving hyun-su his spot to sit. He looked over your arm to see a big cut that you seem to not put importance on it. "Enjoy. Let's eat" du-ski nodded as everyone began to eat. "Kids, what are your names?" He asked as you already heard there names from earlier.

"I'm Kim yeong-su"

"I'm Kim su-yeong"

Du-sik said there names again seeing how it was a particular and similar names with each other.

"Dad names us..." su-yeong softly said as the atmosphere got quiet and looked at them. Everyone couldn't help, but feel super bad for them. You looked down on your food helping not to feel awkward now figuring out what it meant.

Du-sik handed a beer to jae-heon, but refused as he didn't drink, while ji-su took it from him and chucked the whole drink down.

"Here, you can have one, too." He said looking at hyun-su.

"Oh, I'm..."

Du-sik looked at you as well as you shook your head. "Oh, right. You're both minors. Right there are kids here, so let's not break the law. I'll buy you both a drink when you two become an adult. You should learn how to drink from adults." He said taking a sip from his drink instead.

"Do you think... that day will come?" The atmosphere got more serious as hyun-su asked that question. Night time came by as everyone had went to sleep. "Here." Du-sik gave you some alcohol, elastic compression, cream, and a towel.

"The cut there looks really deep. Handle it now before it gets worse later on." You looked over your right arm to see it still looked bad, but the bleeding stopped.

"Thanks."

As everyone was asleep, you tried getting your sleep as well. Later in early morning you woke up from the intense of cold sweat from you. You realized you had to treat it now before it gets worse.

You looked around to see ji-su dozing off as she was in charged of keeping a look out. You got up quietly from your spot as you walked to the bathroom. You decided to not make any noise waking everyone up so you left some inches opened

After setting everything up you heard ji-su waking hyun-su up for his turn for look out. You calmed your breathing as you had to clean the top area first. Sitting on the floor, you wiped out the stained of blood that was left on your arm.

Once that was done you got a better look of the cut realizing it was bigger than expected. 'How did it manage to cut this deep after still dodging it. Guess I really am slow.' You sighed as you still felt the cold sweat coming out of you.

You got the cloth from earlier and added a lot of alcohol to it and got ready to apply it. "This is gonna burn like hell." You told yourself.

"1,"
"2,"
"3!"

You quickly put it on your arm as you started to groan in pain. "Ah- fucking hell I can't." You started breathing more heavily feeling the burn. You put your head down as you still held the cloth to your arm.

Right then the door slowly opened as it revealed hyun-su having a alarmed expression for a slight second until he saw you sitting on the floor as flood filled your cloth again.

You looked up to him with a tired expression as he noticed you were sweating. "Are.. you okay? Did you get bitten?" He said as you shook your head.

"Nothing like that. I just got cut from one of its arm earlier." Since he was in watch out now, he decided to sit outside of the bathroom as you were in there.

"Are you okay? You're not hurt from earlier?" You questioned him remembering how the door fell on him earlier.

"I'm fine." He said looking at you taking the cloth out exposing the cut you had. "Sorry. This is pretty disgusting to watch." You said grabbing the cream and elastic compression

You were struggling a bit to put the the on cream. Hyun-su sat next to you as he took the cream from you. "I can help." He said as he started to apply it around your arm.

You looked at him seeing how careful he was with it. There's a lot to him you didn't know from now to back in school. For starters he's a monster from what you've seen, but you didn't like the idea of calling him a monster so for now he's still a human seeing he hasn't attacked anyone.

His way of talking has gotten kinda worse now that he speaks slower and softer. His hair grew long as well which gave him a soft look. He looked... pretty. Well he always did since school.

"I'm done." You stopped thinking as you saw how perfectly wrapped it was. "Thank you." You faintly smiled as there was a good minute of silence.

"You should go to sleep. I can stay awake and look out."

"I'll stay up for a little more. I rarely get enough sleep sometimes, But after today it feels like I'm could sleep for years, but it'll be pretty boring with you were awake alone for a long time." Hyun-su had this look you were now familiar with every time he stunned or confused.

"Okay..... y/n."

"Yes?"

"Was it... scary to look at me when I turned?"

Was it scary? Remembering back, you realized you were more focused on getting him back rather than how he looked.

"No. Your eyes change. Your facial expression changes. Other than that I didn't feel anything when I saw that version of you. As long as you're able to turn into human, that's more important."

You weren't hyun-su, but if you were to be put in his situation, you'd know there's a lot he's thinking of right now.

"I told someone outside, but if I turn, can you kill me?" You looked at him seeing he was calm about it. Was it okay to start getting close with him in situation like this?

"I don't know. I'll decide if I want to or not." Hyun-su didn't expect that answer. He thought you would say the same thing like ji-su said.

"Why?"

"... if you don't know, you've saved me couple of times when I didn't do the same. When that day comes I'll save you. That's what a friend would do right?"

"...friends?" Last time hyun-su had a friend it didn't end well. He looked at you to have a sincere look.

"Besides Jae-heon, I don't have any friends of my age. Who knows when I'll die. If I'll make it out alive or not. We stuck together since this whole disaster started. Are you okay being friends with me?" Being honest, you liked his company. After what happened at school, you'd doubt he would accept if he actually knew the situation.

"....yeah. I'm.. fine with that." hearing that made you feel better from what's going on right now. "I'm glad." You said closing your eyes resting for a bit not realizing you'd fallen asleep as you leaned on the wall of the bathroom while hyun-su was still awake on look out.

He looked towards you seeing you'd had fallen asleep quick. He sighed staring off at his thoughts of the whole crazy day he had. 'Is she trust worthy to be a friend right now?' He thought to himself not realizing he had a glimpse smile on him.

That's how the early morning went by fast.

Published: June 27, 2022

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 3K 27
Kim Minji has always had it rough. Her parents were murdered right in front of her and her older brother blames her for their deaths. Her whole life...
57.3K 2.1K 16
Word Count: 44.3k+ Min Seok had a bittersweet past that he intended to move away from, to finally live his own life. Though he was in his last year o...
44.6K 1.6K 31
As the populace transforms into monsters, two best friends fight for survival alongside their families and the other tenants of Green Home Apartments...
187K 7.4K 24
"Why are you still here," his voice broke down the silence that spread around the room as soon as the signal went out again. "We don't have the luxur...