Aurelia Black

By nidhijsr

2 stories, 1 book. The only sister of Sirius and Regulus Black. The glue which keeps the family intact.Sweete... More

Aurelia Black & Lyra Black
Characters
Chapter 1 Blacks
Chapter 2 Diggorys
Chapter 3 First ride
Chapter 4 Professors meet
Chapter 5 Sorting Part 1
Chapter 6: Sorting Part 2
Chapter 7 The next day
Chapter 8 Classes and Doubts
Chapter 9 Background
Chapter 10 Pranks and Crushes
Chapter 11 Halloween (Part 1)
Chapter 12 Halloween (Part 2)
Chapter 13 Hogsmeade
Chapter 15 November 3rd
Chapter 16 Aurelia: The Hufflepuff
Chapter 17 Holidays
Chapter 18 Christmas Shopping & death of the ice cream
Chapter 19 Lyra's day out
Chapter 20 Christmas Celebrations
Chapter 21 With Family and Friends
Chapter 22 Back to work
Favourites
Chapter 23 The Spare
Chapter 24 The Aftermath
Chapter 25 Family is forever
Chapter 26 Quidditch it is
New Cover
Chapter 27 Birthday Boy

Chapter 14 Flashback

66 3 0
By nidhijsr

Today was November 3. A very important day for Aurelia. A day on which no matter what she would stay gloomy. This was the day Ethan always dreaded. He hated seeing his otherwise happy wife be so down.

The day was special you see. It was the birthday of Sirius Black. Yes, today was Sirius's birthday and Aurelia couldn't help herself but be lost in memories consisting of better days. Days where she would be perched over her now imprisoned brother's strong shoulders and the two would run round and round in circles in their garden. Days where she would be the first to wish his brother since even after he joined hogwarts Aurelia would send him a letter which was the first thing Sirius would read the moment the clock hitted 12. Now all that remained was these memories.

Aurelia wanted more than anything to have her brother back. Regulus was amazing. He really was. But sirius was her eldest brother. Almost her father figure. The little girl in her still couldn't believe the man who used to let his 6 year old sister put different makeup items on his face would ever betray or even kill so many innocents. When Sirius was imprisoned, Aurelia was too young to understand everything. Even now she didn't understand. Regulus vowed to never speak of his elder brother again.

2 years back Aurelia had almost made her mind to pay Sirius a visit at the Azkaban only for Regulus to throw the worst fit she could have imagined ever. That was the first time the siblings ever fought and it almost ended their relationship if it was not for Ethan who took his then newly wedded wife away for a couple of days so that both the siblings could get back their brains and think over the poison they didn't realize was coming out of their mouths in the heat of the moment.

"I am just saying maybe, maybe Siri was not wrong. We didn't even meet him once. They won't let him have a jury. ", a 22 year old Aurelia tried to put across her points in front of Regulus. The moment Regulus heard Sirius his mind went blank. All the young man could see and hear was whispers about how the Great and Noble house of Blacks have been reduced to ruins now. How once mighty House was now soon to shrivel away. He remembered the taunts, the disdain, the disgusting looks he would receive from other wizards after Sirius's betrayal. It wasn't exactly a piece of cake to build back their reputation. People who earlier bowed to him now sneered at his glance. They were practically on the verge of being expelled from the society.

He did everything for his sister and that murderer's daughter who was like his own. Actually she was his daughter. And to now hear Aurelia taking Sirius's side, actually wanting to go and visit that wretched place to see that man who ruined them all, Regulus just wanted to scream. And scream he did. Thanks merlin that Lyra was not in the house since she had gone to a muggle school for basic primary education otherwise she sure would have gotten terrified seeing her father who never raised his voice in their house screaming so loudly.

"I did everything. I did everything for you. And for Lyra. The past years have been spent salvaging what was left after that man ruined us. And this is what you have to say. Oh, He might be innocent. Aurelia open your eyes and see what your innocent brother did. He first betrayed me and you,his own flesh brother and sister and left us to the vultures he called our parents. He left his own people and went and built a family with the Potters. He never came back for us. For you. And then, and then he betrayed them as well and brought an almost end to the Potter line like he did to ours. He betrayed his wife, his daughter. His friends. He is nothing but a betrayer. I will just not sit and watch you commit this stupidity. This is the last we speak of that man in our house. "

Aurelia screamed back, "Did you see him killing those people Regulus? Did you? "

"He is not the brother you knew. He is not your Siri anymore " , said Regulus taking a step towards Aurelia.

"I say we just go and see him once. He is our brother, family" , an almost rejected Aurelia said.

"Oh, oh oh. So now he is your family. Where was this family Aurelia till now? Did your this family raise you? Did your family feed you? Where was he? Before azkaban did he come to see you? We're we even invited to his wedding? Did he even remember us? If you wish to continue on this path, if you wish to go and see your brother and just know this house will be closed for you from now. If you choose him you will loose me. " Regulus had lost all his sanity and blurted the words he would come to regret in a moment.

Aurelia was rooted to her place. Choose one and loose one. Sirius or Regulus. Her own house closed forever to her. Her bloodshot and teary eyes killed Regulus. She gave a humorless laugh. A laugh filled with pain and tears. Tears began to fall finally. Ethan who till now kept himself out of this feud knew he had to intervene. He had to stop this madness before things were ruined beyond repair.

"You want me to choose now? Okay I'll choose. I'll choose one. Let's see how you'll live now. I choose.... Ummmm", Ethan quickly put his palm across Aurelia's mouth forbidding any words from escaping anymore. Whatever she was going to say would have ended her relationship with either of her brothers.

" That's enough. Both of you. You are angry and have no realization of what you are actually speaking. Lia, we are going home now. Regulus, you calm the fuck down now. No one is closing any home for anyone and no one is choosing one above other. We are family, we shall stay like one. Lyra will be home soon. Regulus just sit and have something.", Ethan said calmly. Then he called out, "Kreature, Kreature".

Kreature came and bowed to his mistress's husband.

" Bring something to eat or drink for Regulus. We are going home now. And do not speak for this to anyone especially Lyra. Got it", he orders to the elf who nodded in acceptance.
With this settled he transported himself and his wife to their bedroom. One letting go of her mouth, Aurelia pushed him back harshly. Tears of frustration nad pain flowed out of her eyes. With betrayed eyes she looked at her husband.

"I did this for you, love. I won't sit and watch you choose one of your brother. You love both and can't live without either. I couldn't let you destroy yourself like this. " He said hurriedly. He made Aurelia sit on the bed and crouched down on the floor in front of her. Aurelia refused to look at him and rather focused on her hands on her lap. Ethan gave out a sigh and took her hands into his. He tried to call out his wife's name. He could feel tears drops on his hands. This was worse. Worse than anything for him.

"Hey, Lia honey please don't. Just, just look at me", he practically begged.
Keeping one of his hand under her chin to raise her face, he finally said looking into his wife's eyes, " Regulus loves you. You know that. That man practically lives for you and Lyra. He didn't mean what he said today. He could never close his doors at you. He didn't mean that. "

Aurelia finally burst out into loud sobs and Ethan quickly took her into his arms and began to rock her to and fro on the floor. For the next 1 hour the man tried to console his utterly broken wife. He kept mumbling I love yous, he is still your brother, everything will be alright and many such sweet words into her ears. He kept brushing her hairs out of her face. Gave her his handkerchief yo even blow out her nose when too much crying made it difficult for her to breath. Finally he strictly aked her not to cry anymore or else he'll call Cedric and the poor boy will go ballistic seeing his Auri crying so bitterly. Hearing this Aurelia finally gave a small smile.

That day Ethan made Aurelia to spend the rest of the hours with him and Cedric in their garden where the three played till dark.

This matter was never raised again. A few days after the epic fight, Regulus came to the Diggorys with a long and haggard looking face. It looked like the man had aged 10 years in the mere 7-8 days. His eyes were surrounded with dark circles, his clothes looked dirty and unironed. This was the most unorganized he had ever looked. He resembled a homeless man rather than a Black.

He looked at Aurelia and simply spread his arms open and said , "Lia forgive your stupid brother" in a broken voice. The pain and longing was clear. Aurelia who was teaching something to Cedric left her chair and springed into his arms.

The siblings gave out a painful broken laugh and Regulus spinned his sister around in his arms. When the two broke their hug, Regulus proceeded to plant multiple kisses all over her face with 'I am sorry ' being repeated over and over.

The moment Ethan had apparated himself and hus wife on the I'll fated day, Regulus had just collapsed. He had fallen to the ground with his hands covering his face and had broken into sobs. Kreature tried to console his master as much as he could . Finally giving up he went to Remus's office and aked him to come back as this was an emergency. (Remus was working as a part-time professor in a near-by office. And luck was with them since no body was aware of him being a wizard and had someone seen Kreature all hell would have been loosed)

Remus had rushed back home to find his husband on the floor. His tears were gone and what was left was utter shame and guilt over his behavior and words.

It took a week for Remus to make Regulus understand that Aurelia will not shun him away shall he go and beg for her forgiveness. Lyra too understood her father and aunt had a fight. The little girl was scared and worried thinking what if Aurelia will not talk to her as well. In a haste she had paid a visit to the Diggorys via the fireplace with Remus only to have her aunt place kisses all over her face as an answer to her fears.

Remus and Aurelia had then talked over the topic and how ashamed and apologist Regulus was. She knew Regulus would come to her. She just didnot know when.

That day was the last Sirius Black was discussed among the siblings. It won't be the last time well. It won't be the last fight the two had for Sirius. But for sometimes there would be no more feuds. Things were to be peaceful for now at least.

✨All right. So that was a heavy dose drama chapter. Longest too. Typing it all in one stretch was not a wise decision. My hands hurt now😃

Do hit the like button please. Guys leave comments. I would love to hear from you all. Also tell which parts were your favorite ones. The next update might take some time.

Till then, take care.

1983 words✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 107 35
"We were so far into this war. It started with the Death of an innocent boy: Cedric Diggory. Then my mother, Cordelia Black. I don't know who's next...
2.1K 73 11
Hey everyone, my name is Estelle Black. I am the daughter of Regulus Black and niece of Sirius Black. She is a sixth yea at Hogwarts School of Witchc...
241K 6K 39
Y/N Pettigrew is abused by her parents, and all she wants is to be friends with her brother's friends. However, the Marauders seem a little too self...
3.6K 120 19
・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.There is someone out there who thinks you're perfect and they will give you the world, the stars and everything in between・ 。゚☆: *...