Mr And Mrs Huo

By MalbertaAndrew

Every other person can be offended but not Huo Wei. He is the King Yama no one dares anger and the poisonous... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Announcement
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Announcement
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Announcement

Chapter 4

3.1K 67 0
By MalbertaAndrew

About an hour later, they were discussing the true reason for their visit.

Yu Yuan held a file in her hands which she read while listening to Assistant Qin explain its contents.

"There are 9  plots of land open for biding this time. Plots A to E are located in City X, Plot F  is located in City D, Plot G in City Y while Plots H and I are situated right here in City A. Since you'll be investing over 100 million Yuan for the bidding, Yi Duyi would like to know which Plots interest you."

Another company that Yu Yuan invested in was the one belonging to Yi Duyi. The government intended to auction off some plots of land and Yu Yuan wanted to be part of it.

Only certain companies were eligible to participate and Yi Duyi's company happened to be part of them. Yu Yuan intended to purchase some plots through this company.

"Tell Yi Duyi to bid for Plots A and B."

Assistant Qin hesitated but asked, "Why?"

Plots H and I were situated in the busy parts of City A and received a lot of human traffic. Plots F and G were located in places not as bustling as the places Plots H and I were located, but they generated their fair share of traffic.

Plots A to E were located in the Northern part of City X. That part, at one time, had experienced development but for some reasons no one knows, its growth stagnated and many businessmen avoided it like a plague. Rumors say that there was some tousel among high officials in the government. No one wanted a hot potato like that in their hands.

As a result, the Northern part of City X has been desolate up to this moment and it doesn't look like it'll change anytime soon. Therefore, of all the 9 plots, Plots H and I were the most valuable followed by Plots F and G.

Assistant Qin didn't understand why Yu Yuan wanted these plots that even seasoned businessmen avoid.

Yu Yuan knew what Assistant Qin thought. She would have thought the same too but in matters relating to land, one couldn't be too careful. Because of this, she had made some investigations.

"I received news from my sources," Yu Yuan stated. "The infighting from those above has finally settled. The winning faction has set its sights on City X for development. Guess which part they intend to focus on?"

Assistant Qin's eyes slightly widened, "It can't be..."

"Exactly! This news is known to very few, but it is an opportunity for us."

"I understand, Boss. But if that news is credible, why are we biding for plots A and B."

They were not as big as the rest and their locations were quite awkward too.

"Because of their positions."

Since the government would be focusing on development there, it meant that businesses would spring up trying to take advantage of the upwind. If the businesses were set, the only thing left was accommodation.

The plots up for biding were located close to the center of City X which made them an ideal location for residential buildings. Using it for anything else was a waste. The two plots Yu Yuan selected couldn't be used together as they were a distance apart. They couldn't be used on their own either because of their positions, but those were their merits.

Whoever wanted to build a good-quality residential area couldn't do so without using any of the plots the Yu Yuan held in her hands even if he only needed 3 plots. Building a residential area required more than financial power, this meant that whoever wanted to do so would be quite powerful and more than able to pay Yu Yuan's price.

Assistant Qin didn't fully understand his Boss' words but he only needed to follow orders. "I'll inform Yi Duyi," he assented.

"Good." Yu Yuan glanced at her watch and declared, "That's all for today."

Grabbing her bag, she instructed, "Pass all the needed information to Yi Duyi and take care of the rest as we always have."

"Noted."

Seeing that Yu Yuan was about to leave, Assistant Qin stood up to escort her out.

As they walked out, Assistant Qin inquired, "Do you need me to make any preparations for the birthday banquet of the Ji Family's patriarch?"

"No need, I already picked out a suitable gift."

"How about a suitable partner to the banquet?"

Assistant Qin had been mingling in the upper society of Country A for a while and he could find a reliable partner to accompany his boss to the banquet.

He thought she might need it. Ever since Yu Yuan started working with the Yi family, the patriarch had been eager to set her up with one of his grandsons.

Who could blame him? Yu Yuan was an all-rounder and almost every older person who knew her wanted to set her up with someone, but Yu Yuan herself was very picky. For sure, no ordinary man could catch her eyes. With her standards, it was a question of whether she would ever get married.

That being said, Patriarch Ji was the most enthusiastic in matchmaking. While Yu Yuan had no interest, it was a little troublesome to handle. Perhaps having a male partner at the banquet might deter Patriarch Ji a little.

"No need for that either, I can handle myself."

"As you wish Boss," Assistant Qin acquiesced as he watched his boss get into her car.

Watching Yu Yuan drive out, Assistant Qin suddenly remembered that Xi Man's father was a business partner of the Ji family and was likely to attend the birthday banquet.

He wondered if the banquet would be peaceful. Never mind, if there's anyone who should be worried it was Xi Man and her father.

Somewhere else in City A, the Huo Family Mansion

Footsteps sounded along the corridor. The atmosphere surrounding the place was cold and threatening just like the owner of the mansion. This atmosphere would have caused many to feel nervous and unstable but after years of working, Lin An was used to it.

Lin An worked as a personal assistant to the most elusive person in the upper circles of Country A, Huo Wei. His footsteps arrived at a door. He raised his hand to knock on the door but paused slightly.

Huo Wei had being in a bad mood recently. If he could, he didn't want to open this door, but this was part of his job, meaning he couldn't avoid it.

Knock! Knock!

Assistant Lin knocked at the door to make his presence known. Taking a deep breath, he pushed the door open. The man behind the door, who had his head buried in files, lifted his face.

He looked so good he didn't seem like a mortal. His face looked like it had been sculpted, the lines along his thin lips were sharp and aggressive and his peach blossom eyes were as still as a lake. His entire body emanated a sharp and cold atmosphere that deterred people from coming close.

This was Huo Wei the head of the Huo Family.

Assistant Lin quickly arrived at the table Huo Wei was seated at and extended his hand to place an invitation on the table. This was an invitation to the birthday banquet of the Ji family patriarch.

"Sir, the invitation to the birthday banquet organized by the Ji family just arrived. How should I reply?"

Huo Wei stared at the invitation for a moment. The Huo and Ji family were business partners. The Ji family was honest and their younger generation didn't seem too bad.

"Make preparations. I will attend."
Assistant Lin was surprised. His boss was reclusive and disliked this kind of gathering the most. Coupled with his bad mood, he thought Huo Wei would reject the invitation. Assistant wondered what could have changed his mind, but he didn't dare ask outrightly.

"Yes, Sir," hesitating, he continued, "Dr. Yu..."

Huo Wei's sharp eyes suddenly rested on his assistant. Assistant Lin gulped unable to complete the rest of his sentence.

Huo Wei suffered from severe insomnia. The lack of sleep gave him terrible headaches and worsened his moods. Many health experts had been hired to find a solution and Dr. Yu was the best amongst them. Despite their collective efforts, they failed to cure Huo Wei's insomnia.

They could only suggest that he relax and avoid stress, perhaps this would ease the symptoms. But for some reason, Huo Wei was always high-strung and unable to take a rest. They really couldn't find anything that would help him relax. Even aromatherapy and medicine showed little effect.

Huo Wei's insomnia got worse recently and its effect was evident in his moods. All the employees walked on eggshells around him because no one wanted to be at the receiving end of his anger.

There was an appointment with Dr. Yu scheduled today but from the looks of it, his boss won't be attending.

"I'll inform him," Assistant Lin assented.

Turning around, Assistant Lin exited the study. Huo Wei studied the invitation on the table. Then he placed his attention back on the documents before him. It was just a banquet, spending just a few minutes there didn't seem unbearable.

In the Ji family house

Back in the garden, Patriarch Ji was basking in the sun while enjoying tea with his eldest son, Ji Chen.

"Sir!" the butler called out in a slight hurry.

Quickly arriving before the patriarch and his son, he reported, "The assistant to the Huo family patriarch just called and he said that the patriarch will be attending the birthday banquet."

The hand of Ji Chen that was holding a porcelain teacup shook, almost spilling hot Tieguanyin tea. Placing the cup down, he inquired, "Is that true? Huo Wei hasn't graced any banquet for a long time now."

"Yes, Young Master. I specifically confirmed this with the assistant."

The invitation was mostly courtesy. No one held any hope of his attendance.

"Has he decided to give you face, Father?"

The Ji family patriarch finally spoke, "I don't think so."

The wrinkles on his face deepened as he thought. Recalling the cold face and mannerisms of Huo Wei, Patriarch Ji thought, definitely not. Huo Wei didn't even give face to his father much less any other person. Even though that kind of father didn't deserve any face.

Patriarch Ji shook his head as he thought of Huo Wei's father, Huo Qi, but Huo Wei accepting the invitation was strange.

"Regardless of the reason, we have to be extra careful. This is also a good thing for us. Nothing must go wrong."

"Make the necessary preparations," he instructed.

"Yes, Sir." The butler bowed and left to carry out the instruction.

"Tell your siblings to pay more attention on that day. If anyone offends the Huo family patriarch, even I can't guarantee your safety."

"Yes, Father."

Patriarch Ji glanced at the barely touched tea and sighed. Everything must be right on that day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 429 50
One date. That's what they were told. One date evolves into something. Something neither of them wanted. A grave misunderstanding occurs pushing a ma...
12.1K 172 17
This book contains lots of angst, fluff and Gaiyo shipping. I hope that those who read this book will enjoy it. . . . . Man... I'm bad at description...
3.1K 134 40
In the kingdom of Qiangda, the people live a harmonious life. The imperial family bears the mark of the phoenix, a blessing from the heavens and one...
41.3K 1K 54
It all started with her dying and some random ass system coming up to her. --- Counterattacking the female lead Yu Meng: Easy, done, everything is s...