Campfire Awards 2.0 [COMPLETE]

By Amethyst_Alveres

Welcome to the second edition of Campfire Awards 2.0! I hope you enjoy this award and remember that the award... More

Introduction
Rules
Prizes
Forms
Judging Criteria
Genres
Announcement Chapter
Tag Fest
Tag Fest Winner!
Timeline
Young Adult
Young Adult Results
Fantasy
Fantasy Results
Short Story
Historical Fiction
Historical Fiction Results
Chicklit
Chicklit Results
Werewolf
Werewolf Results
Humor
Humor Results
Vampire
Vampire Results

Short Story Results

102 9 22
By Amethyst_Alveres

Third category out!!! For this category, there will be four winners. Why four? Because one of the places has 2 winners with the same scores!

Thank you to -MyNameisName- and yoursjivi for taking the time to judge all the books that were assigned to you!

Judges, please message me your chosen book that you would like me to read.

Participants, if you would like to know your scoresheet, please pm me!

And lastly for the winners, please pm me if you would like to have an interview (optional and one of the prizes).

I will also be pming the judges and winners if I did not receive any messages (regarding the book that the judges would like me to read) and for confirmation (if the winners really don't want to have an interview).

Now for the winners!

*3rd place*

Book: Cornucopia of Otherworldly Tales

Author: SuVida777

Book cover and title: [9/10]

Blurb: [8/10]

Plot development: [14/15]

Character development: [7/10]

Grammar and punctuation: [4/5]

Overall enjoyment: [19/20]

Total score: [61/70]

Review: The plots are really creative. The writing style is unique. If there was a rating for imagination then this book deserves a 10/10 for that. I must say the book is well written. I don't really have any suggestions to give as the book is already well edited and the presentation is amazing as well. I am glad I came across this work though. Seems like I can learn a lot from it myself.

*2nd place*

Book: Woebegone

Author: Summer_SKY_9

Book cover and title: [9/10]

Blurb: [9/10]

Plot development: [14/15]

Character development: [8/10]

Grammar and punctuation: [3/5]

Overall enjoyment: [19/20]

Total score: [62/70]

Review: Thrilled to read this. I think the initial chapters require a little bit of editing. Apart from that fantastic story, very interesting plot, negligible grammatical errors. The difference in the writing style which makes the book stand out from others is the way the dialogues are written. Overall it's definitely worth reading. I am trying to avoid writing spoilers in my review as this book is really interesting and I genuinely feel guilty if I ruin it for someone :)

*1st place*

Book: Cierra's Tale

Author: 

Book Cover and title: [10/10]

When I first saw the cover I knew, this was going to be a flawless book. The lighting, the fonts, the colors, the placements. Everything just looks so neat and professional. Great job!

Blurb: [10/10]

This is an amazing blurb. It tells us the character and the conflict. The two most important things in a blurb. It tells us enough to get us intrigued but doesn't give out the whole plot. It's short, sweet, and simple. Amazing job.

Plot Development: [14/15]

I rarely ever see authors use third person in their writing. I think you did a great job with it though. The plot runs smoothly through the whole story. However, I did think the end was abrupt. Cierra is super confident and determined to prove herself throughout the story. But by the end, she's suddenly disappointed? That doesn't sit right with me. If you'd hinted at this throughout the story, it would have felt cleaner.

Character Development: [9/10]

Cierra's character seems a little flat. She doesn't really learn anything, and she pretty much stays the same for the whole story.

Grammar and Punctuation: [5/5]

I didn't spot anything too noticeable. Good job on that!

Overall Enjoyment: [17/20]

I did enjoy it a lot. I would definitely reread it in my free time just for the amazing descriptions. I did feel like it needed a bit more fleshing out, but other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Total Score: 65/70

and

Book: Borders Apart

Author: gangstainheels247

Book cover and title: [9/10]

Blurb: [9/10]

Plot development: [15/15]

Character development: [8/10]

Grammar and punctuation: [4/5]

Overall enjoyment: [20/20]

Total score: [65/70]

Review: Loved the story. The ending is something which not many people would approve of but it's realistic. The storyline is realistic. The story is well written. I don't really have any complaints except I wish it was a short story collection with more short stories from the writer as he/she seems to have done an amazing job at this one :)

Congratz once again to the winners!!

*Participants sticker*

*Judges sticker*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 245 22
Uncle Quentin is kidnapped by smugglers! Famous Five comes to the rescue
764 149 66
Rose Renoit is your typical teenager on the cusp of turning eighteen. When her father leaves her on the door step of a stranger her life is turned up...
114K 2.5K 51
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad