Violet Detours (BOOK 2) : Bad...

By MongjiGuin23

BOOK 1: VIOLET DETOURS; A Mobile Legends Fanfic BOOK2: VIOLET DETOURS; Badly, Madly, Deeply "This is me being... More

GUINEVERE'S FEAR
DROWNING
HIS EQUAL
VENOM
THE BOY'S HEART
FOUR HEARTS' CRY
THE SO-CALLED TRUST, CRACKING
GUSION, OVERTHINKING
BROKENHEARTS
GROWING APART
RED AND BLUE
SEE YOU AGAIN
NUMBING PAIN
TROUBLED AND CONFUSED
CHANGES AND CHANCES
OVERFLOWING
HURTING
FORBIDDEN LOVE
THE DESCENDANT
OFF TO ZEN
Love and War in Zen City
FREEDOM IN A ROOM
TORN
King of Fighters
THE NOT-SO-GREAT ESCAPE
Wiped Out
MEMORIES
BARE
HAPPY APRIL FOOLS! Hehehe
The Wrong Half
FALLING Like the Stars
IRRESISTIBLY GUINI
Finding out. Finding you.
BREAKING
THE NEW ALLIANCE?
Divide and Conquer
BAD LIAR
Shadow of an Ally
The Cube and its Bearer
A DEATH UNFORTOLD
EMPTY
BEYOND EVERYTHING
How You Love Her
FIRE ON FIRE
Her Grand Plan
Into the North
Immortality
Haunted
VERMILION
KNOTS AND MORE KNOTS
ENGAGED
BATTLECRY
Ursula Academy
In the Northern Vale
The DEATH OF ME
Warning: Just a Filler
The Proposal
Homeward
YOURS. FOREVER.
LAST CHAPTER: Castle Gorge, Losing
HELP REACTS FOR GUGU MINISTORY

Liars bounce on Fire

165 15 16
By MongjiGuin23

Guinevere realized it too late.

She and Gusion were fending off another attack in an unusual part of town when she realized the situation was worse than they expected.

As soon as they took down the couple of giant ogres whose skin were unlike the ones they'd defeated before.

This one had skin as hard as scales, as if it were an offspring of a troll and another monster, probably a dragon's.

And as if to prove Guinevere right, another one came marching in the inner part of town, so close to the gates of the palace.

She and Gusion, under their cloaks, had to pause and take a clearer look at the incoming monster.

Its physique was human-like, but in a beatly manner with canines potruding out of its lower lip and its eyes yellow as wolves.

But it was where the problem came. Through its slightly opened mouth came out smoke as ot growled, and where its fingers were supposed to be were talons, sharp and large.

Its skin shone in the texture of green and res scales, a dreadful combination made by its dragon and ogre origin.

As if one wasn't enough, a couple more came behind it, one larger in size, the other leaner but taller.

"Gus? I think we should go..." she muttered.

Gusion nodded and grabbed her. Just when they were about to flee, a force so hard knock them out of the air and into a brick house nearby.

Guinevere gritted her teeth as she felt a bone break.

But she scrambled to sit and looked around, pushing her head of her head as she frantically looked for Gusion.

He was a couple of meters away, grunting in pain but getting up.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

She nodded. "Looks like they're angry."

He smirked, wiping the blood at the side of his lips. "We beat up their baby brother."

He took out his glass blades, and Guinevere knew better than to stay close.

Lately, she noticed how Gusion had been getting better at channeling the Cube's energy into his swords, making it swifter, sharper, deadlier than it ever was before.

It took a great toll on him to use such powerful artifact, but she couldn't help but be proud of his progress.

Her, on the other hand, couldn't as much as hold the cube for over a minute without feeling like her head was going to explode.

So she had only been watching Gusion take control of it in a distance.

The glass blades, shining translucently in shades of purple and blue, hovered all around him as he paced towards the angry dragontroll brothers.

"It really is the Lady Baroque and the outcasted Paxley." she began hearing murmurs.

"So the rumors were true."

"They did elope."

"But I thought the lady was already committed to one of the Paxley sons?"

Before Guinevere could make out more of the murmurs, her attention went back to Gusion who was fighting the three creatures simultaneously.

Only when one of Gusion's glass blades made a long slit through one of the troll's spine did she notice something odd.

She stared at the sticky sripping blood of the troll and realized what it was.

The long tear of flesh were reconnecting, the wound disappearing.

"GUSION!" She yelled.

But Gusion was too busy fighting.

She ran closer towards him, barely dodging the swinging scaled arm of one of the enemies and catching Gusion's frown.

"Get back!" He scolded between attacks.

She jumped out of the way of another troll attack. "You can't defeat them!"

He looked down on her from one of the troll's back. "That is very encouraging, Guin!" He said with a hint of sarcasm.

"Gusion, they're healing!"

Gusion looked at their enemies and realized she was right.

But before both of them could do something,  troupes of guards came galloping in horseback all around them.

Gusion instantly left the fight and leaped towards her as chains were tossed over the monsters and the three fell on their stomach with almost a hundred men's strength pinning them down.

Guinevere ran towards Gusion, meeting him halfway when someone came and swept her up on horseback.

"NO!" she yelled, flailing and reaching out for Gusion who was then struck by magical ropes that left him flailing midair. "GUSION!"

"Not so fast, little brother." Terence said from behind him. The other end of the magic rope was on his hand.

"So it is true." Tristan said with a smile. He was the one who had Guinevere, his strong arms keeping her from jumping off the horse. "You've been having fun lately with your mysterious facade."

Gusion glared at his brothers. "At least I have been keeping evil at bay."

"Or that's what you believe you're doing."

Guinevere's heart raced. Because the words came from another Paxley brother whom she felt the most guilty of.

The lines of soldiers in horseback stepped aside to make way for him.

He looked more mature, with his jaws set and his brows in one line; the image of a respectful leader. But she could swear she caught a glimpse of childish annoyance in his eyes as he stared at Gusion.

"Bring the trolls in the Palace dungeons." He commanded the guards and at once all of them moved in unison, leaving her with the Paxley brothers in uncomfortable silence.

Vermilion hasn't even spared a glance at her.

"Where shall we take this...traitor of a brother?" Terence asked.

"To father. With the audience of the Lord Baroque, of course. He deserves to meet the man that had brought his daughter to shame." And for that, Vermilion threw her a disgusted look.

"Seriously?!" She snapped. "Your mind is on this while evil is out there ready to strike the land while its guardians are distracted with such...crappy marital traditions?!"

Vermilion glared at her. "You must know, Lady Guinevere, that such traditions are subject to execution once broken?"

"Bullshit!"

"Oh yes, Lady Guinevere. It is not my decision but the Lords of both our houses are obliged to follow such unspoken rules that had been alive for generations. If they do not make such verdict...then how do you suppose such sacred vows to be strictly followed?"

"All these traditional craps are for women with no brains!"

Vermilion chuckled. "Of course they are, darling. That's why I will not waste such talent."

"What are you talking about?!"

"I will not let them harm a single hair on your head."

"Give it a rest, Vermilion." Gusion snarled.

"Someone is feeling threatened." Vermilion led his horse to lead the way. "Let's go. I am sure there will be much to this family reunion."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Guinevere was kept in a separate chamber when they reached the Paxley House and she couldn't stop pacing back and forth, trying to think of a way to get out of their situation as she worried about Gusion who might get punished, or worse, sentenced to execution by their fathers.

So when the time came that she got dragged out of the chamber and into the Great Hall of the Paxley House, she was panicking for she still hadn't thought of an effective plan.

The Lords of Castle Aberleen where House Paxley belonged were all there, and at the sides standing in their gowns as if they were just there to spectate while looking beautiful were the ladies, mothers and daughters alike.

She got a feeling they were brought there to see what happens to anyone who would dare disobey the Lord of their Houses' declaration of marriage.

And as if to make thing worse for her, her father, the Lord Baroque was in front with all the other Lords, looking at her with such disappointment.

She felt sorry towards him. He wasn't exactly the worse father. In fact, this betrothal thing was the only flaw to their father and daughter relationship.

Right when she was left in front of Lords, the double doors opened again.

This time it was Gusion who was being led to the center of the room, his arms tied behind him with the same magical rope that bound him earlier.

His brothers stood on either sides of him, as if to make sure he wouldn't get away.

They stopped in the middle of the Hall, a few yards away from Guinevere.

Her eyes fell on his, and he attempted weak smile, as if to assure he was alright.

Except that he wasn't.

His eyes were shining with worry, the crease between his brows visible.

"Lady Baroque. Gusion." One of the higher lords of Castle Aberleen greeted with strict tone. "You are both here tonight to be... penalized for the unspeakable defiance you have caused to your respective Houses. But before we proceed to your punishment, it is crucial that both of you are aware of the immorality of your actions."

"I love her!" Gusion declared, surprising Guinevere that she turned to look at him.

Except he wasn't looking at her.

She turned to follow his gaze and realized he was staring at her father.

The Lord Baroque looked serious, trying to keep a tough external in front of the spectators.

"I had risked my life for her several times and I would gladly do so again if it requires me."

"Silence!" The Head of Castle Aberleen interrupted.

"I would die for her, a thousand times over if that means shielding her from all the evil threatening her from this world!"

A guard marched towards Gusion and drew his sword, pointing its end at Gusion's throat.

"You are not to utter a word unless ordered so." The Castle Head reminded.

"Seeing as to how you feel unashamed to declare such feelings towards your brother's fiancee, and bringing the reputation of your house to filth, you are to be executed."

"NO!" Guinevere protested desperately.

She strode towards her father and the Lord Paxley, hoping to see any hint of sadness in them. But both were trained to listen to their mind over their heart.

Any sign of their being a father were buried under the exterior shell of them being a leader.

Guards started drawing towards Gusion, one of them putting a sack over his head.

"I AM WITH CHILD!" She yelled before she could even think about it.

There was a collective gasps from the women, and the men froze and stared at her.

Even Gusion, who probably did not think she would come this far to lie.

Her face turned hot, announcing such an embarrassing thing like that.

But she would do anything to save Gusion.

So she met the Lord Paxley's eyes head on and walked towards him.

"Surely you will not rob an innocent child with your bloodline of a father." She said loudly, sternly, to use to sympathy of the audience they had brought there at her advantage.

"Guinevere Baroque, how dare you!"

"You let me marry your son or the three of us will meet in the afterlife as soon as I could arrange it." She said, to the Lord Paxley, ignoring her father's outburst.

She leaned closer to the Head of the Paxley house. "And while I really hate to sound so threatening," she started, her voice now low just enough for the man's ears only. "but letting them sentence Gusion to die right in front of this audience would make a great toil of your reputation. People will talk, words will spread, and the rumors...they will be exaggerated to leave your House with allies who will start to doubt your credibility. For who would trust someone as a leader if he fails to be as a father?"

"That is enough!" As if he couldn't tolerate it anymore, Guinevere's father came down from his highbacked chair and dragged her a respectable distance away from the man.

The Lord Paxley's face was still as hard as a rock, but Guinevere was desperate. So she clung on to the thinnest string of hope that his silence implied.

The silence meant he was thinking.

The silence meant he was hearing her out.

"Believe me, Lord Paxley, I could die for your son just as he could for me. And I simply refuse to walk this earth without him in it!"

"That is enough!" The Castle Head interrupted. "Take him away." He ordered the guards.

"Gusion..." Guinevere muttered as she watched the love of her life being dragged out, the tiny sliver of hope disappearing.

"Stop!"

Guinevere whirled around, her heart pounding hard as soon as she heard Lord Paxley's voice echo in the Hall.

"What is the meaning of this?" The Castle Head asked when silence rang through for a good heavy moment.

"I wish to postpone his punishment." Lord Paxley announced and looked down at Guinevere from his high backed chair. "At least until it is proven that this lady is telling the truth."

A sigh of relief escaped her lips.

"Until then, they are to be kept in their chambers fully guarded at all times." The Lord Paxley said and left the room before anyone could say a word.

Her father casted her a glare and then followed the man.

Only then did chatters erupted in the Hall, probably to talk crap about a noble lady who got pregnant beford marriage.

But Guinevere did not care.

She turned to look at Gusion.

There he was, standing in the middle of the room, his expression unreadable, his eyes distracted, sad even.

He knew.

He knew the lie wouldn't work.

He knew that was the last time they would ever be that close to one another.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.4K 2.3K 46
Caught between the war of light and darkness, runaways Gusion and Guinevere crossed paths and developed a bond stronger than they could even admit to...
3.2K 138 16
**WARNING** ~contains explicit content that may not be acceptable to all viewers. discretion advised~ "No no no no..." My words trailed "NO!!" I scre...
2K 98 23
"Oh, come on, it's fine. It's just a kiss," Sirius ceased. "No, it is not! You just told me you are in love with somebody else," she argued, "and...a...
Abandoned wife By Abhi

General Fiction

935K 36.8K 48
Vindictive words of your beloved hurts the most. At first you are taken aback. You won't believe its from them. It cause unbearable pain at first but...