Hit Single

By KateSmith510

Faced with the reality that his breakout success as an indie rock star is not quite as sure as he once though... More

Hit Single

Chapter 1

7 0 2
By KateSmith510

Chapter 1

September

Shadow figures moved in front of the darkened stage. I could hear their whispers and shuffling, by my eyes struggled to make out features, their faces hollowed and skeletal in the blackness. I wondered if any of them were the rumored agents that supposedly frequented this East Village dive.

I had barely made it here in time to set up for the night's opening slot, having taken the wrong stop off the Subway after a long ride on the Amtrak from Kingston. It was a miracle I had been given the time anyway thanks to a special favor pulled by boss at the Providence club where I worked. He knew what a big deal this was for me, and, at the very least, I couldn't let him down by bombing, not to mention everything else I had riding on the next few minutes.

My steps seemed to echo endlessly as I tried to make my way quietly across the hard stage floor and I clenched my fists at my sides to keep my hands from shaking. As I reached for my guitar, I was only slightly aware of a disembodied voice echoing across the club's sound system before the blinding stage lights turned on and showered me in their brilliant glow.

A brief moment of panic and then the calloused tips of my fingers found the familiar places on the frets of my guitar. I inched up to the mic, gazed up toward the lights, took a deep breath and began to sing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 2.3K 36
"Holly, is there something you want to tell me?" Miss Adeline made me swallow the lump in my throat as her piercing eyes were staring into my soul. "...
720K 63.8K 36
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
650K 2.5K 65
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

315K 8K 114
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...