THE GOLDEN CICADA [Season 2]

By Zion204

Spider Queen and her Henchmens are Defeated easily by Mk and the others, but for Tripitaka who saw an old Ene... More

Golden Cicada Season 2
[Special ]Chapter 20 Revenge of the Spider Queen.
[Special ]Chapter 21 Revenge of the Spider Queen.
[Special ]Chapter 22 Revenge of the Spider Queen.
[Special ] Chapter 23 Revenge of the Spider Queen.
[Special ]Chapter 24 Revenge of the Spider Queen.
Oh the Great Queen has Fallen.
[Season 2] Chapter 25
[Season 2] Chapter 26
[Season 2] Chapter 27
[Season 2] Chapter 29
[Season 2] Chapter 30
[Season 2] Chapter 31 Shadows and Constellations
[Season 2] Chapter 32 Shadows and Constellations.
[Season 2] Chapter 33
[Season 2] Chapter 34
[Season 2] Chapter 35 Tang Sanzang
Attention

[Season 2] Chapter 28

322 18 0
By Zion204

[To know the cause of death of the Maiden.]

"Trip You've been Busy lately. Going outside, with books some Scratched papers and even Random scrolls. Where'd you even get these?"

Inspecting the old yellowish scrolls and Papers Donghai Raised a brow once she saw the language. Not really the language she understands but it looks so damn old. "These stuffs really creeps me out sometimes. Are you making a cult or someshit?" She asked and the Monk stopped writting on his Book.

Despite the Bone demon problems and plans he's making, he's still gotta keep the positive vibes so that Donghai won't Suspect him. "I'm just doing my hobbies that's all!" He Beamed a smile, and continued on his Work.

Watching as her mentor happily writes and draw with her Pens and rulers, Donghai smiled. There's really something to Tripitaka that sets the atmosphere postive. "You really passed the vibe check" She mumbled and A loud Laugh. More of like a goats laugh Resonated downstairs, followed by Pigsy's Shoutings and Mei's Wheezing.

"Mk! Kid Why would you bath yourself with flour! Now look at my floor!"

"GAAHAHAHA! you look like a Uncooked Chicken!"

"Don't worry pigsy I'll clean it up!—Mei stop laughing and help me!"

The three bickered, followed by Sandy crashing in the shop with some snacks. Donghai Awed at the Chaos that's happening downstairs.

"Hey Trip you want some snacks while you're at it?"

"Yes please! Some Chocolates will do!"

"Ooookkay On it"

Walking downstairs, Tripitaka stopped Scribbling and waited for his Succesor to Leave. Hearing no sounds, he immediately scrambled out his position and Arranged all of his papers.

"Goodmorning master! I have something to share with you and–woah that's a lot of Papers."

"My Friend! Good timing! I need your assistance Real quick!"

Closing the door, Tang helped the Monk Grab all of the Books,pens, and Papers all scattered around. Putting them back inside the boxes Tripitaka Checked them making sure they're hidden under Donghai's Bed. "What's the rush? Is something wrong?" He asked. And Tripitaka who just Finished up checking everything Stood and Floated infront the Scholar.

"Tang do you perhaps know the road to that Monastery again?"

"Ah yes of course! We could go if you like!"

"Ah yes...Can you tag along? It's important...."

The Great Monk suddenly got serious,  he's not Going on out Cheering up random People or Laughing at The Strange antics of his Succesor and His Friends. "Sure...I'll just go And get my bag" Tang Trailed, going back downstairs. He Grabbed his Bag and Then Glanced to Donghai that Noticed him.

"Yo Mister Tang! No Noodles right now? That's new"

"Yeah Tangy you're Pigsy's number one Costumer!"

"Would you Idiots shut up!"

Mei and Sandy only laughed, smilling at them Tang Chuckled "Ah...Im somewhat busy. Maybe tomorrow I'll ask for another bowl!" He Waved  and Donghai Cheered him up knowing that her teacher can be a downer sometimes.

"I'm here! So? You ready Master?"

"As always My friend!"

Following the Scholar, the two of them walked through the City. Stopping in the Bus stop Tang Immediately gets in with a sigh since he almost got left. "To know ones death...how Intruiging that My family Has a connection to the maiden" Tripitaka mumbled, Raising a brow at his Strange words.

The bus drived out the city, now Driving through the More urban location as The tall trees and bamboos Danced along the wind.

Pushing the red button the Bus stopped, followed by passengers leaving. Tripitaka Skipped behind Tang. The staircase up the Monastery giving the Scholar a bit of a headache.

He has Experienced the Pain his Student went through while Climbing up this hellish staircase. Maybe that's why the Monks up the Monastery pities those who climbs up and the kindly Offered them some Snacks and drinking water too.

"This Stair....is So Hellish!"

"Was it?–oh wait I don't have legs"

"That's because you Float Master. God but atleast were here now"

Taking a deep breath. Tang Knocked to the door, Tripitaka can just run pass through but he still has his manners even though he's just a weird Air right now that only Tang and Donghai can see. "Oh You returned. Is there anything you need?" The Kind man smiled, and Tang Stammered infront of him.

"Uh– I heard your Lovely Monastery also have some Old Relics and Artifacts that are displayed for the public...I was wondering if I could go and see them"

"Oh of course! Please come in I'll guide you through the Longnu Hallway."

Following him inside, They Walked pass the Garden. And maybe a few glances from the other Monks too. Well this is Tangs first time seeing the Monks and not on their meditation sessions.

"Master do you need something here?"

There must be right? The great Monk has been cautious in his Works. Donghai and Tang are questioning him why he's having this papers all around but Tripitaka has to Hide them and make an excuse.

Of course Donghai is a Kid she didn't really caught the Small Gizzes coming from the monk. But Tang? He somewhat noticed The Great Monk Mumbling by himself. Talking about Plans and Bones? He can't possibly hear it that much.

But he's pretty sure that Tripitaka is making something.

"Do you want me to guide you through? This museum is a bit Huge and Im afraid you'll get lost"

"Oh my...that would be lovely"

Tang Bowed, and the sound Happily Toured him inside the monasteries Museum. Usually full of Scrolls, Books, Vases and Armors.

Glancing to The Monk. Tripitaka has forgotten about Tangs Question as to why he needs to go back here. But instead He's busy looking around with his eyes and his Face all plastered serious.

"There!"

He Jumped, Floating on top of the Scholar Tang Glanced to where Tripitaka is pointing at.

A Room. Two Gigantic doors opened and one Large painting that is Viewed for the public eye. Tang squints his eyes, a strange Familiarity Kicking in as he quickly walked inside the Huge Room and stood infront of the Old Painting.

"Dong....Hai?"

He Gasped, eyed wide as he Stared at the Maiden. Her hands clasped together like praying and her long hair tied in a Bun. A Glowing Aura Circling around her as if she's a Saint.

"Oh there you are! Thought you got lost or something. So? What did you find?"

"Uhm....kind sir Who's this Lovely Lady? I-In that Painting of course!"

How come that woman resembles Donghai? Her brown hair and even her face really is identical to his student....

And it's so Creepy and Bone chilling seeing the Old century Painting having the same face to his Student. "Oh? It's The Golden Maiden Of the East! She resides here in the Monastery Thousands of years ago and Was A great Help here back then" He Nods, slowly Opening the curtains to let the light in.

The colors of the painting became more vibrant. The Maidens white and Gold Clothes Sparkled as her Eyes Stared down to them.

"This Monastery is the Maidens home. Not until she has to go to the East to Help poor souls and spread her teachings"

So she's also A great figure back then. Helping the poor and teaching children. Tang Glanced to Tripitaka who's now staring up the Gigantic painting of the Maiden.

"Golden Maiden Of the East....could you....ask what happened to her?"

Ah....that's sending a strange Creeps back in his Spine. Turning back to the man Tang cleared his throat and then, smiled awkwardly to the kind man.

"So uh...she seems like a popular Figure here in China but Uh....what...happened to her? If may i ask?"

He Exclaimed, Turning to the two Tripitaka listened carefully to the caretaker of the Monastery. His eyes dropping down as his smile turned Sad.

Tell me....what happened to her?

"The Maiden was such a kind soul....a compassionate woman. But Sadly she passed away"

Died? The Maiden died? But she looks young....and has a beautiful future ahead of her.... "I....How?" He can't—he doesn't know, Tang is speechless right now.

He can't utter a word and his eyes is all set to the Painting of the Maiden...that somehow passed away in a young age.

"War....the Maiden Has Achieved A lot of titles that includes the Golden Maiden Of the East. She's a Protégé in controlling the Energies around her. I don't know if it's true but"

Stopping. The man leads them close to the Painting. Standing infront of a Small table. He unwrapped the black cloth and showed them a small fragment of embroidery.

"My Father once said that The Maidens Clothing always has Peony flowers embroided on it. And this was the only important Peace my ancestors could find."

"When I was young I was having doubts if this is really the Great Maidens Only Peace of Emroidery that survived. But who knows? History has a lot of Secrets and We didn't exist back in the Old age"

"I kinda agree with that."

Indeed they didn't know all of the details to what happened back then, Tripitaka has agreed too. He sure didn't exist back then and The Golden Maiden must be a Thousand older than him. "I see...say does the Maiden have any Books or scrolls?" Asking him Tang Glanced back to the man again and asked the same question.

"Oh its in the library! Do you want to read some of her writtings?"

"Yes please! She seems a cool Person and I'm starting to get hooked about her!"

"Oh my well then I could lead you to the library. I still have work to do but please do enjoy reading!"

Following the man outside Tang is Giddily Jumping around once heard the word Library. I mean he loves books and cool old legends, maybe the Maiden Has become part of his top list now.

"Enjoy your stay!"

"I will! Thank you!"

Nodding at him, the man closed the library doors. Now what's left is the two. Frantically Looking around the library, Tripitaka Randomly Flipped some books and opened some scrolls.

"Master...do you—what exactly are you doing?"

Randomly having old scrolls and Books, leaving with no Excuses and even has to go all out here. There must be something that the Great monk is up to.

"Master you can tell me..."

"W-well..."

Looking back to the Scholar Tripitaka Sighs and Finally Found the scroll he needs. "The Golden Maiden has a Connection to my ancestors. I was hoping to Feel her Presence here but....I didn't even feel anything."

He needs a word from her, but not even a soul of that Young girl Didn't Appear. Or maybe even A small fragment of her memories.

"A word? Why?"

"Tang I must tell you this..."

Gently Grabbing the man beside him. Tripitaka Looked at him in the eye dead serious and that, made Tang flinch.

"An Ancient enemy has risen from her Tomb. I can't Let you guys get Hurt and in advance I need to Make something that can atleast protect you all from danger!"

Enemy? Wait is that why the Monk has been busy since he's literally making a Plan or something that could Stop the Enemy he's speaking of?  "Well, if theres such enemy. I mean Mk, Mei and Donghai could take care of it...right?" He squiked, but the Monk is not At all Satisfied by his words.

"My Friend She is much worst....she hasn't changed that much and She will destroy everything!"

"The White Bone spirit will do her Absolute best to Fulfill her greatest ambitions!"

She won't stop....she has made up her mind and She is Determined to Do such atrocious Things to fulfill her plans.

"That's why...we have to be ready! The two of us. The kids might not know about this but....I can't Let them die"

Taking a deep breath, the Monk sighs. His face all stressed out with the work he's doing "well...let me help! So uh–you're looking for something right? What is it? Did the Maiden make one?" Searching the books, Tripitaka Smiled at the Scholars Actions. Showing him the scroll he got the two of them opened it and Tang Awed seeing such Drawing.

"The Golden Maiden has left one of her Great assets. But she didn't try to use it due to....her dying in a young age."

"But we could do this right? I mean if we'll stay on focus.." Mumbling, Tripitaka Laughed and Pat's his Back, Grabbing a Red pen He then Circled the Main Objectives they'll be doing to finish up their Trump card when the Time comes.

"That's right! We can't go down that easily!"

The Golden Maiden has left one of her Creations. Instructing it in a scroll Tripitaka and Tang has to bring it back to life in honor of the young Maiden and for the Protection of the others and Donghai.

—Golden Cicada
Zion204

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

560 12 7
"𝕴 𝖒𝖆𝖉𝖊 𝖆 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖘𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖒𝖞𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖋 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝕴 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖆𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖆𝖘 𝖆 𝖇𝖆𝖇𝖞 𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖙𝖘. 𝕿𝖍𝖆�...
71.7K 3.1K 24
Sun Wukong & Macaque x Nezuko Reader _______________________________ ❝Mmm hmm!!❞ 𝘿𝙀𝙈𝙊𝙉𝙄𝘾 𝙇𝙊𝙏𝙐𝙎| Everyone thought that the flesh-eating d...
69.2K 2.7K 63
[Compiled Version] In the Old Tale of Journey to the west, Mk Has spent his time reading it again and even Listens to Tangs Rambling about the Monkey...
150K 5.4K 50
The reader is MK's non-identical twin sister. When Pigsy both sent the two out for noodle deliveries, MK went to deliver his stack of noodles, while...