die young, f.hargreeves [2] [...

Από ivy_roberts

book two the umbrella academy; season three ߷☙D I E Y O U N G☙߷ 〖the idea is to die young as late as possible... Περισσότερα

PREFACE
ii.

i.

1.2K 42 24
Από ivy_roberts

(based on

Meet the Family)

"I knew you'd show up eventually." A voice called from the other end of the room, Reginald Hargreeves got to his feet and faced them,

"Dad." Diego gasped, everyone, growing more confused as to what was happening.

"You're alive," Luther whispered to himself, his feet stepping backwards.

Reginal's head snapped towards Number One as he asked coldly, "Why shouldn't I be?"

"Yeah," Luther responded, trying to go along with the strange situation. "Y-Yeah, you're right. I'm... I'm just happy that we're home and... together again."

"Home? This isn't your home." Reginald responded in his normal icy tone,

"What are you talking about?" Allison asked, her eyes glancing around at the familiar room she had spent most of her childhood in. "This is the Umbrella Acadamy."

"Wrong again." Reginald responded, "This is the Sparrow Academy." Everyone turned around when they heard footsteps behind them and saw 6 people and a floating box standing on the top level of the living room.

A strange version of Ben with a scar across his face and a small moustache stood in front of them, asking, "Dad, who the hell are these assholes?"

Collectively the Umbrella Family murmured, "Shit," 

Klaus was the first to speak on his own, first voicing a chuckle, "Ben," 

The boy's keen eyes trailed from Allison on the furthest side of the group to Klaus, who was the opposite. Luther moved past his siblings, standing in front of them with a strong exterior, juxtaposing the texture of his tone, "Is that really you?"

"And who are the weirdos on the balcony?" Quickly added, his words double the volume so they would definitely reach, but it just made Kali and Klaus wince at each harsh syllable. 

"They are the Sparrows," Reginald Hargreeve's answered, his tone familiarly sharp. "My children," 

As though the world responded to his words, the ground rumbled. Kali's hand slipped into Fives' as a strange wave rushed through her blood, as though desperate to leek out of her. 

What she didn't notice was the small bubble of energy that left her other hand, dropping to the floor and seeping through the wood. 

Five only squeezed her hand in assurance, assuming it was due to the situation they were currently in. He turned to their father, face still caked with muck, "I'm sorry. What do you mean, your children? That's not possible, old man," 

"Of course it is." Reginald continued in his baron tone, "I think I'd know, wouldn't I?" 

Though everyone was now looking at the head of the family, Kali could hear the other Sparrows joining them in the living room. 

"Everyone else can see Ben, right?" Klaus questioned in a tone that suggested a whisper but the volume did not. 

Their eyes lingered on Ben as he was gently nudged aside by a taller man. Kali felt a tug on her gut, as though screaming at her to embrace her brother before he was ripped away from them again; but then rationale kicked in. 

Ben clapped his hands in front of him, "Cute hat, Sundance." 

Klaus smiled, tipping his hat towards Ben, choosing to ignore his sarcasm. "They call themselves the Umbrella Academy," Reginald spoke over the group, "A group of scheming perfidious malcontents who accosted me in the fall of 1963 when I was away on business in Dallas." 

As Kali glanced between the imposters and their father, her eyes caught the briefcase, carefully, she leaned into Five.

His attention was quickly moved, checking that she was okay before his eyes followed hers. Subtly, he nodded. 

"Be warned," Reginald continued, "They claim to be my spawn."

Allison pursed her lips, though the corners were upturned, "Claim? Look, Five, what the hell is going on?" 

"I don't know yet," Five hissed, his shoulders sagging as though the weight of this situation had been placed on him, "But it's concerning." 

"Is he telling the truth?" The man that stood in Ben's place questioned, 

Kali pursed her lips, in a similar style to her sister, "For the most part. Not us being perfidious."

Klaus clapped his sister's shoulder in agreement, nodding his head wildly, "No, we're amateur-fidious, at best," 

Vanya spoke up, tagging her comment with Klaus', "But we are his children. This is our house." 

"Yeah," Luther spoke, squaring his shoulders against the one that spoke for the Sparrows, "Yeah. We, uh... we grew up here." 

"Yeah, we grew up here," One behind the leader mimicked, mocking Luther's tone. His skin seemed to be drooped, collecting on his chin. Kali already began to wonder what his power was due to his power, could she overpower that power in a fight?

The girl beside him and the one with shaded glasses laughed at his tone. "I kind of think we would have noticed you." The girl on the other side commented, her eyes large as they stared up at Luther, 

Instantly, Luther's demeanour changed. He smiled brightly as he spoke quickly, "Hi. I'm Luther," Kali rolled her eyes, gripping Five's hand tighter as both palms began to sweat. Each overworking their brains on the situation; how it happened and how to fix it. 

Allison quickly walked towards Luther as she waved her hands at the other group, "Okay. None of you belongs here." 

"Oh. Well then. I guess we'll just pack our bags and move out." The girl with the shaded glasses and buzzed hair commented with a laugh, turning to the other side of the group and showing off the jagged scars which ran along her cheek and up under her glasses.

The block began to emit strange noises and the colour glowing on the inside shifted. Once he was done, the Sparrows laughed wildly, the Umbrella's only looked confused.

"You slay me, Chris," Ben added, though his gaze was forward and his face remained in an intense frown. 

Though another person entered the room, hair seamlessly curled, blue apron without a stain and perfect cookies balancing on a tray. "I wasn't expecting company." She sighed, smile falling, "This is the best I could do on short-short... short notice." 

Diego pushed past the two smallest members of the family, though they did not fight, eyes remaining on the woman, "Mom," 

"Mom?" The girl opposite Kali growled, "She's a robot, you perv." 

"It's not a robot," Diego answered with the same dangerous tone,

Luther's head also snapped towards the girl, "Hey, don't call him that." 

"Or what?" Ben threatened,

"Come closer and find out."

"Luther," Vanya called, "Guys, chill."

"Think I'm afraid?" Ben questioned with a scoff, stepping in front of the man who replaced him.

"Stand down, Ben," The man quickly pulled his hand out to put Ben back behind him. 

Luther chuckled, still holding his attention on their dead brother, "Look at that. She's got a voice."

"How about I hide that big Rubik's Cube up your ass?" Diego joined in. 

"I don't know what circus you escaped from or how you got past our security, but we're done here. You got 30 seconds to get our of our house." 

"And if we don't?" Allison questioned, 

"Then we'll have to settle this the old-fashioned way." The man in the middle continued to threaten,

"Look," Kali sighed, shoulders slagging, "we just fought a literal army. Can we just... not?" 

Vanya nodded encouragingly, "Let's all just calm down, and let's talk," Though that wasn't what Kali would normally agree to, she was tired. 20 days and she had already had to save the world twice. 

However, Klaus leaned over Kali and stepped in front of her, eyes determined on Ben, "Psst. Ben-er-ino. You look so much better alive than you do dead." Kali winced, seeing Ben's reaction in his eye. "Am I right? Except the haircut."

Ben's head tilted to one side, a sneer present on his lips, "What the hell did you just say?"

"Come on, come on," Klaus waved his hands, dismissing his comment, "Stop with all the hostility, Mr Grumpy Pants." Luther quickly looked back at Kali, silently questioning her if she would stop her twin, she wasn't sure how at this point.

Klaus stopped just before Ben, "Oh wow. Nice scar. Muy macho."

"Shut your mouth," Ben finally snapped.

But Klaus's stubbornness and blindness overpowered that and he threw his arms out for a hug, "You shut your mouth and just hug your brother--"

Instead of a hug though, Klaus got a punch to the jaw. It was a solid punch, Kali had to give him that. The man flung backwards, tripping over the low coffee table and then the couch, causing it to tumble back also.

"Hey. What the hell?" Luther roared, stepping in front of Ben, not even watching where Klaus ended up, 

"Oh, I'm pretty sure I did." Ben defended himself, his brother agreeing loudly.

The man that seemed to be in charge of the Sparrows jumped between Luther and Ben, "Back up,"

But Luther just threw his clearly aggressive attention towards that man instead. The larger man swung a punch towards his head but the Sparrow ducked underneath easily. He kicked his leg out and Luther went flying, falling on top of Klaus who had just gotten to his feet.

The two scrambled on top of each other as the leader stormed toward them. Allison and Vanya ran to the reception hall, Kali and Five went to follow but Ben jumped between them -- splitting them up.

The couple nodded to each other before positioning punches towards his face on either side, yet Ben still dodged them.

Kali worried that even if she had managed to land that punch it would not have had much of an impact. On top of her muscles screaming in tiredness, the indescribable feeling of power leaking from her fingertips returned, in a greater wave. 

Ben managed to land two punches in Five's jaw and when the dead brother went to turn to land on Kali, Five's hand jolted out to block it. Unfortunately, this left his side vulnerable and Ben used that.

Dropping underneath the arm and pushing Five towards Kali, who crashed into her haphazardly. "You're alive." Five commented as Kali spun him around, jumping from behind Five, "That's... great. Or possibly worse. I'm not really sure yet."

"Is that some kind of weird smack talk?" Ben questioned,

"Its more of an existential problem, really, Ben," Kali smiled, though her eyes were angry, "And come on dear, we could afford to worry about that later," 

"Awesome. Well, here's your next problem," Ben began, but Kali already knew his next move.

Kali grabbed Five's hand and slipped them both into the shadow of the house. They reappeared on the level above, watching with a smile as Ben looked around confused, tentacle popped from his chest, "You know, even though you're a total asshat now..." Kali called down watching as Ben spun around before unleashing two. She felt Five jump behind her and before the tentacles could reach, Five was behind him and punched him unconscious, "it's nice to see you again, really." 

Five jumped back to his girlfriend who instantly had his hand in hers and they slipped into the shadow together. She focused on her grasp of Five's hand and their movement as she slipped them to linger in the shadows of the foyer where Allison was fighting the girl in glasses and Vanya was fighting the other dark-haired girl. 

Two of the Sparrows waited on the sidelines as though taking it in turns. 

They watched, in clouded vision as the women fought. Kali felt her heart palpitate as more of her power surged from her. Tiredness, she chose to blame it on tiredness. "Five," She whispered, voice safe in the darkness.

She focused on his breath on her neck, on the hand that instantly came to her waist, "What's wrong?" He whispered back,

"I--" Kali began, leaning back on him for a moment, strength leaving her legs for a mere second, "I don't know." She spoke with gritted teeth this time. She closed her eyes, took in the small squeeze he gave her and focused her energy. 

Slowly, she peeled her eyes open, seeing Allison crumpled on the floor, "Five?" She questioned,

"On it." Five disappeared from behind her and she watched as Five jumped to Allison, grabbed onto her and pulled her away Kali took a second breath before moving herself in the shadows, towards the tug of her power, towards Five.

She stumbled out of the shadows where Allison and Five sat on the floor of the higher level, back against the fence. 

"Thanks," She nodded to Five.

"No problem," Five staggered to his feet, walking to Kali, eyebrows still scrunched as he studied her for a visible sign of her weakness.

However, his analysis was short-lived as the girl that had been fighting Vanya swaggered forward, "Hey, short pants. What's up?" 

"Go help the others. We'll handle this one," Kali called to Allison, who nodded. Even if she wasn't feeling strong, she wasn't going to let one woman take her down.

"What are you?" The girl questioned Five, "Their mascot?" Eyeing his uniform. 

Five smiled, clearly annoyed with her comment before he disappeared from sight. Appearing again behind her and punching her. "More like their ringer." 

"Now now," Kali smirked, walking towards him, "No need to get cocky," 

However, the girl spun around and spat onto Five's forehead, "Hey, gross, all right?" Five complained, however, Kali's eyebrows rose as she saw the spit was black and absorbed into Five's skin. 

Five's eyes widened as he spun around, something catching his eye, "Kali," He called towards the empty space. Both girls scrunched their faces as he walked over to that space and began to kiss the air. 

"Are you all perverts?" The Sparrow girl questioned,

Neither took their eyes from the boy, both with the same look of disgust and weirdness, "That's certainly the image coming across, isn't it?" Kali sighed,

Before Kali could even turn around to fight the girl, she had pushed her off the side of the fence and onto the floor below. 

Pain spasmed through her as her skin and bones hit the tiled floor. Then her skin heated up as the blood rushed forward. As she peeled herself off the ground, she already felt blood pooling down her nose and congesting on her cupid's bow. 

A few seconds later, she heard banging and Five fell down the stairs and landed beside her. "Five," She groaned, pulling herself forward.

Five lifted his head up just as she placed a finger underneath his chin, inspecting the cut now forming on his temple. Under the same worried expression, Five ran a finger along her cupid's bow, wiping away some of the blood which formed there. 

Both pulled themselves to their feet just as Allison ran towards them. She grabbed onto the red-heads and all three of them ran back up the stairs and towards the corridor where their rooms were joined. 

Kali glanced over her shoulder when she heard ravens caw and she realised who they were running from. 

They found Luther sitting on the floor with one of the girls from the Sparrow Academy. No one lingered on that factor as Five and Kali jumped over him, "Luther, we're leaving." Kali called, knowing Allison had grabbed him also, and they all began running.

As they got to the end of the corridor, they spun around, seeing the girl lean forward and ravens appear out of her back, they all flew towards them. 

"Seriously?" Luther questioned,

"Move, move," The two girls urged, all of them running left as the girl simply walked. Five stopped outside his door, eyebrows furrowed, "Briefcase," Kali ordered.

She had expected him to jump alone but he grabbed her hand still and moved them to the round table in the entranceway. The now empty round table.

"Shit," Kali whispered, "Shit, shit. It can't of grown legs," 

"Well very rarely but-" 

"Five," Kali cut across, chest still panting, "Not helping," 

However, something else caught Five's attention and he walked past her. Kali spun around, gasping when she saw the sight too. Vanya lay on a broken table, the sparrows surrounding her, slowly drawing in. 

"Vanya, get out of there," Five called. But Vanya's skin began to glow blue and though the Sparrows did not know what that meant -- the couple did. 

Five stumbled back and grabbed Kali's upper arm, transporting them away from the danger.

Subconsciously, the whole family reconnected in a pretty little park in the centre of the city. Each of them fell onto one of the four benches dotted around the deck. Klaus and Diego fell onto the same white picnic bench while Five and Kali did the same on the identical one.

Luther and Allison stuck to their own brown ones. Kali sat on the table section, feet resting on the bench whilst Five sat beside her leg, gripping onto her ankle to assure himself that she was close. 

"Just gonna sit. I'm just gonna sit for a minute," Luther muttered to himself as he collapsed onto the bench.

"That didn't go well," Diego spoke unhelpfully, clutching his back. 

Kali scoffed, though she focused on her hands as she spoke, "No, not our best work," The weird leak of power disappeared the moment they left the house. 

Klaus groaned as he twisted his hips around, "Oh, I'm cracking," 

Five turned around on the bench, looking up at this girlfriend, "Are you okay?" 

Kali scrunched her brow, "Yeah. I mean, I am now. The moment I left the house."

"Well, what happened?" 

"I don't know. It just... it felt like I was using my powers constantly. You know, that draining sort of feeling?" Kali released a breath when Five nodded in understanding, "But... I wasn't using them. I wasn't trying to use them."

Five nodded slowly, running a hand over her upper arm, "In your immortal words, come on dear, we can afford to worry about that later." Kali rolled her eyes at his teasing, "Honestly, now I think we both just need sleep,"

"And a shower," Kali groaned,

"Maybe a bath," Five teased, eyebrows raising, "Together,"

Kali laughed, "Keep your hormonal ass away," 

"Maybe tomorrow?" Though he was still teasing, Five's eyes widened with concern.

"Maybe tomorrow," She nodded with a smile. 

"Okay," Allison's voice shouted through the group, "I think Luther's concussed,"

Everyone turned towards the upset-looking man and Klaus leaned over, lifting up three fingers, "Luther, how many fingers?" 

However, Luther ignored the man, head shooting around in realisation, "Oh my God. Vanya."

Allison was the one to answer, pointing towards the pathway where the woman stumbled towards them, "Oh. Thank God you're alive." She greeted,

"You okay?" Kali called as she placed herself on one of the benches. 

"Apparently, so is Ben," Vanya answered,

"Yeah," Allison added, squinting in the sunlight, "And he's a complete dickhead,"

"They're all dickheads," Diego agreed,

Though Luther's comment was bitter, "Dickheads who can fight,"

"Okay," Five sighed, leaning forward, "next person to say 'dickhead' is getting a punch in the throat." 

However, he only got a reply with a gaggle of people saying "Dickhead," Including his girlfriend who got a playful glare. 

"Hey," Deigo nudged Klaus's shoulder in order to get his attention, "Did Dad tell you why he was calling them his kids?" 

Klaus laughed airily, "He sure did. You ready?" He questioned his family, "Dad was so repulsed by us back in Texas, that he adopted an entirely different group of children just so that he didn't have to raise us."

"Aw, even in a different timeline, he's still Reginald Hargreeves at top form," Kali said with a faux smile, 

"So he just didn't want us anymore?"

"Did he ever?" Allison questioned with a snort, 

Luther shook his head strongly, "See? I told you we shouldn't have asked him for help in '63." 

Five shook his head, looking down at Kali's shoe as he spoke confidently, "I think you're all missing the big picture here. If Dad didn't adopt us as kids, he changed the timeline. So who knows what else is different now."

"Shouldn't you know?" Allison questioned sharply,

From above Five, Kali sharpened her eyes at her sister, already gearing up with an insult to throw back. But this time, Five spoke, "Sorry, Allison, but it might take me more than 20 minutes and a traumatic brain injury to figure this all out. Is that okay with you?" 

"No, actually, it's not," Allison responded quickly, 

"You know, you could have stayed in that first apocalypse if you--" Kali began but Vanya cut off the squabble,

"Guys, look, it's fine. We still have the Commission's briefcase, so worst case, we can just go back in time and fix it."

"Great," Klaus called in agreement with the idea, raising his arms,

"There are two problems with that statement," Five began, getting to his feet, "First off--"

"Here we go." Klaus lowered his arms,

Though Five ignored him, "Time travel is complicated, people,"

"Yeah, we get it. Your job is so hard. Just... what?" Diego interjected, Luther nodded his head in agreement.

"And secondly..." Kali called over their voices, allowing Five to speak, 

Five shrugged before speaking, "I no longer have the briefcase." 

Kali watched their reaction, tensing as Allison got to her feet, mouth popped open. "Five, where the hell is the briefcase?"

.__________↷★★★↶__________.

season 3!!!!!!!! I can't believe I finished it in one day ahaha. 

I have had a note on my phone since season 2 where I have jotted down dialogue to put in this book and every time I found a scene that I could put it in I just got really excited.

I can't wait to write this season and I plan to have at least one chapter a week! 

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

1.1M 46K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
60.1K 643 14
Ivy was the daughter of the famous Marvel actor Elizabeth Olson. And well, The entire universe knows where she got the beautiful looks from her mothe...
44.5K 932 33
Newt Scamander| I DO NOT OWN FANTASTIC BEASTS ALL RIGHTS BELONG TO ORIGNIAL CREATOR| Evangeline lost her mother when she was 14. Her mother was kille...
832 93 12
Its just a fanfiction don't take too seriously and no hate comments towards my story if you don't like my story then kindly leave it