Ashley Zor-El // Book 1 // Su...

By xxxmultiversrogers

You think you know the story of Supergirl, but you don't. 24 year old, Ashley Danvers has a secret like her t... More

Ashley Zor-El
Pilot
Pilot: Part 2
Stronger Together
Stronger Together: Powergirl
The Truth/Flight or Fight
Live Wire
How Dows She Do It?
How Does She Do It?

LiveWire

152 3 0
By xxxmultiversrogers

It's the next day after the small argument with James about Lucy and their relationship. Ashley was coming back to work, after her "vacation", and let me tell you she wasn't feeling all that into it.

Ashley wake up and heads to her bathroom, in her bedroom. She's emotionally exhausted and drained, so she decided to take a bath. She fills the tub with water, add bath soap and a bath bomb just because. Ashley takes off her clothes, having them drop off her body to the floor and gets into the tub. After being in their for a few minutes, she goes under, and when she does she starts to remember yesterday night.

FLASHBACK:
Ashley flies home after she got off of work at night. She didn't talk to Kara or Winn and especially not James all day. Ashley was up eating ice cream and pizza watching tv, and she hears the door opens, but doesn't say anything, until she heard they're voice.

"What is she doing here", Aslshey says getting up from the couch.

"She's staying, until she gets her hotel tomorrow", James said. "They were full".

"So. Take her ass to Quality Inn for all I care", Ashley says. "She's not staying here".

"I am right here", Lucy says.

"I don't give a damn Lucy", Ashley says. "You know what, I'm tired. So do as you please, this is your place too", she says, grabbing her ice cream and pizza heading to her room.

James knocks on the door, again and again. When there's no answer. "Ashley, please open up", he says.

Still no answer. As James was trying to Ashley open the door, Ashley had her headphones in, laying in bed, listening to music, 7 years by Lucas Graham.
END OF FLASHBACK
......
"This is Leslie Willis, coming to you alive and wired from Catco Plaza. The weeks of Thanksgiving, which means...Ah, it is time for my annual list of Things I Am Not Grateful For, and this year's list is only two items, Supergirl and Powergirl. The blue and red abscesses tooth in the otherwise gleaming smile that is National City. How much do I despise, I mean loathe their whole, "Look at me, I'm a dork-able", thing. And that hideous, like, rejected-from-the-Olympics figure skating outfit Supergirl wears, I mean a skirt and tights? Puh-lease. And don't get me started on Powergirl's pants suit I mean, where you going a job interview. Seems like over kill, since no one is trying to get in there. I mean who would that be? You know, who's hombre enough to puncture the Chastity Belt of Steel? Or is what's required a softer touch. I mean, they do kind of give off a Sapphic vibe, with that big ol' butch "S" chest plate. I mean, how would that even work with an alien? I mean, is everything the same down there, or are we talking tentacles? Maybe it's time for a break. Or a makeover", Leslie says.

Ashley walks into the office, her and James use together. Ashley had her headphone listening to Leslie podcast from yesterday, when she turned it off. "Good morning", Ashley says.

"Morning, Ash", James replied.

"Im sorry", they both said at the same time.

"Let me go first", James says. "I love you Ash, I have since I met you. But, we can't be together. Not because of Lucy, but because what we have already is special and I don't wanna lose that".

"Okay", Ashley says.

"Okay?", James asks.

"Okay", Ashley says, walking out of the office. She walks over to Winn and Kara. "Hey. What's going on?".

"Winn celebrating Thanksgiving alone", Kara says.

"Well, you can celebrate it with me", Ashley says. "Im doing the whole lone thing too. I would go to Smallville, but I'm busy working".

"What no, you guys", Kara says. "You two are coming over. Eliza will be there, Alex will too. We'll have a Friendsgiving".

"Oh, you don't have to do that", Winn says. "Me and Ashley will be fine".

"I want to, seriously", Kara says. "You two can be a buffer between Alex and Eliza. And we can watch Orphan Black after.

"What is Leslie Willis doing in Cat's office", Ashley asks.

"Um, you have super-hearing", Winn says.

"Shh. Trynna hear", Ashley joked. Kara walks to her desk, pretending to do work, while Ashley turns her back to Cat's office, pretending to talk to Winn.

"I caught your broadcast yesterday, I warned you about going after Supergirl and Powergirl", Cat says.

"You always warning me about something. That's our dynamic", Leslie stays. "You tell me I'm choosing a line. A week later, there's a new line to cross".

"I discovered you in that shoebox of a radio station", Cat says. "I mentored you to the best of my abilities. And for the most part, I am proud of that. But going after two young girls, insulting their body, how they dress, their sexuality...".

"Lack of sexuality", Leslie says. "And last time I checked, as long as I delivered you certain rating, you didn't care what sacred cows I went after. So why are they different?".

"I named them Leslie", Cat says. "I am doing everything I can to cultivate a relationship between the hero's and CATCO. If I could legally adopt them, I would".

"I read your article, Cat", Leslie says. "Your just as hard on them as I am".

"Powergirl and Supergirl is off the table", Cat says. "Effective immediately".

"What, your dictating my content now", Leslie says.

"Yes", Cat responds. "They are changing the conversation of National City. People don't want your brand of negativity anymore, Leslie. They want optimism, hope, positivity".

"Your a hypocrite, Cat", Leslie says.

"And your finished, Leslie", Cat says.

"I have two years left on my contract", Leslie says. "You are too proud, and you're too cheap to buy me out".

"That's true. However, I'm not firing you, I'm transferring you to traffic chopper", Cat says. "You'll be National City's highest paid traffic reporter".

"You do this, you will regret it", Leslie says.

"Rush hour starts at 4:30. If your not in the CatCopter when it goes up, you'll be hearing from my lawyer", Cat says. "Oh, and you better take some Dramaine, it looks like it going to be a bumpy ride".

"Damn", Ashley tells Winn.

"What happened?", Winn asks.

"Looks like Leslie got promoted, I think", Ashley says.

Ashley walks to the office, and see James still working.

"Ash", James says.

"No. If you want Lucy, then I approve. Well, I don't approve seeing as I don't like her or never will", Ashley says. "But I miss my best friend. I miss you. But im still mad".

"That's fair", James says, walking to her. "No matter what happens next, I will always be here".

"You better, or I'll have to laser your ass until there's nothing left", Ashley says, with a smile.
.......
"Happy Thanksgiving my beautiful child", Astra tells Ashley.

"Thanksgiving is tomorrow, mom", Ashley says. "What are you doing in my apartment? My roommate could've been here".

"I just wanted to see you", Astra says. "To make sure you weren't having second thoughts".

"Well keep breaking into my apartment, and I just might", Ashley says. "Look, I am all for saving this planet. People I love live here, and I love it here. I don't plan on walking away".

"And what of Kara?", Non asks, walking out the bathroom.

"Have you been here this whole time?", Ashley asks.

"Needed to use the bathroom", Non answers.

"Or putting surveillance in my apartment?", Ashley says. "And as for Kara, I don't know yet. You want her dead, I want her hurt. She lied for years. I mean it's Thanksgiving for crying out loud. She should be thankful. The truth shall set her free, probably".
........
"It's too much. I'm taking her back in", The helicopter pilot says.

It was thundering, and lighting causing the helicopter to go out of control.

"The hell you are", Leslie says. "Cat lady wants me to cover traffic, we're covering traffic".

Alex and Kara walks out the cafe, they were in when they seen people looking at the unstable helicopter.

"Kara", Alex says.

"Clear the sidewalk", Kara says, before going into a clear alley and transforming into Supergirl.

"Everybody, off the street", Alex yelled. "Clear the side walk! Get inside".

Meanwhile with Ashley....
"Look James will be back soon, maybe even sooner, so can you please...up,up and away", Ashley pleaded.

"Are you ashamed of us?", Astra asks.

"How can I be ashamed when I don't even know you", Ashley says.

Suddenly, Ashley hears screaming, outside her apartment window. She looks out the window and sees the helicopter, going crazy.

"I have to go", Ashley says, walking into her room.

"Where are you going?", Non asks. "We still need to talk".

"We will when I come back, okay", Ashley says, walking out her room, with her suit on.

"Wow", Astra says.

"I'll be back", Ashley says, opening the living room window. Before she files out, she looks back and smile, "get it? I'll be back. No. Okay, see yah".

Ashley flies out and her parent look at her saving the world. "I don't get it", Non says.

Ashley flies to the helicopter, she sees Kara saving the man that fell out the plan. She sees helicopter about to hit a skyscraper when she stopped it.

"What the hell?", Leslie says. She looks over and see Powergirl, "you".

"Grab my hand", Ashley says.

Leslie grabs Powergirl/Ashely's hand. And when she does, a lighting boot hits Ashley, and travels to Leslie, causing them both to get struck by lighting, as Leslie scream from pain.
........
"I truly hates hospitals", Cat says, as her and Kara are in Leslie hospital room, waiting for her to wake up, while James and Ashley were outside her room.

"How much linger until it's appropriate for us to leave?", Cat asks.

"You don't really mean that", Kara says.

"Oh, I do", Cat says. "I am intensely a germ-phobic. And I'm not crazy about Leslie's new do. It's very Katy Perry".

"If you didn't care about Leslie, you wouldn't be paying for this hospital room", Kara says.

Outside the hospital room...
"What if she doesn't make it?", Ashley as she walking back and forth, in the halls. "I mean, she could literally die, or stay asleep forever because of what I did".

"Sit down, and stop freaking out", James says.

"Freaking out", Ashley says. She goes to sit next to James and whispers, "I am not freaking out, Olsen. I-I am worried. Lighting plus alien, into a human person. If she does wake up, what would she be? Who would she be?".

"We won't know until she wakes up", James says. "So calm down, please".

"I am. This year sucks", Ashley says, in her room voice.

"Why?", James asks. "You reconnected with Kara, your...well you know, and you got to visit Clark and Lois".

"Yeah. Great", Ashley says.

"Is there something your not telling?", James asks.

"No. I just miss home", Ashley lies.

Back in the room....
"Apparently, there a whole shrine in front of CATCO", Cat says. "Im certain I'm gonna have to step over it when I go in".

"Powergirl, must feel awful", Kara says.

"Why? Supergirl saved the pilot. Powergirl prevented the Catcopper from crashing into the ground and Leslie is still alive", Cat says. "I put her in that helicopter. If anybody should feel guilty, it's me. Not that I do. Okay, that's long enough. We've paid our respects, and I have a company to run. After you".

Kara leaves the room, as Cat stays for a few seconds.

"Is she awake, or okay?", James asks, as they see Kara walk out the room.

"Is she dead?".

"Ashley?", James says.

"What?", Ashley asks. "So is she?".

"No. But we're going back to work", Kara says. "Meet you there".

"Yeah", James say, grabbing his and Ashley stuff.

"No, your going with Lucy remember. Your already late", Ashley says. "So, you got to the airport, and I'll go to work".

"I love you Ash", James says. "Thank you.

"Your welcome, Olsen", Ashley says.
........
Leslie walked out the hospital, wandering to the back of apartments. She experience dizziness. When she looks at her hands, she sees their creating lighting, which breaks the Pharmacy light sign.

"What is this?", she asks herself.

"Look like it's my lucky night", a drunk man says. "Halloween was last month, but with a body like that, all I can say is, Happy Turkey Day to me".

"Back off loser", Leslie says, pushing him away, with her shoulders.

"Oh. We can have some fun...".

"Keep away from me", Leslie yelled, shocking him, causing him to fall down and pass out. "Nice rush".
.........
Ashley walks to Kara's apartment door, she hesitant on knocking, and going in but she just let everything go, and knocks. And when she does, she sees one of her favorite people.

"Ashley?".

"Eliza. Oh my gosh", Ashley says. "How are you?".

"Im great", Eliza says. "It's been a while".

"I know. Last year, was crazy for me. Sorry I couldn't meet up with you, for Christmas", Ashley says.

"Come in", Eliza says.

"You guys still talk?", Alex asks.

"Every year", Ashley says.

"So how's, mom?", Eliza asks.

"She's doing. It's hard around the holidays, without dad, so", Ashley says.

"You tell her, I say Happy Thanksgiving", Eliza says.

"No problem. Bought wine", Ashley says.

"Mhm. And the good kind", Eliza says, walking to the open kitchen.

"Hey, Ashley", Winn says.

"Hey, handsome. Happy Thanksgiving", Ashley says.

"You too", Winn says, giving Ashley a hug.

"Ash, hi", Kara says hugging Ashley.

Ashley feels uncomfortable, but hides it once Kara stops hugging her. Ashley smiles like nothings wrong, "Happy Thanksgiving, Kara".

"Im so glad your here", Kara says. This is perfect, let's eat".

Everyone takes a seat at the table. "Kara, your ovens not the best", Eliza says. "Would you mind giving it a quick five seconds or so?".

Kara uses her heat vision to heat the turkey more.

"She comes in handy", Winn says.

"I have to admit, the first time she did it I was a little worried", Eliza says. "What if we were all eating radioactive turkey?".

"It's no worse than the microwave", Alex says. "We'll all live".

"Your having a lot of fun, Alex", Ashley says.

"Ashely's right. Now, let's get some food in you", Eliza says.

"Yeah. Everything looks great", Winn says. "Oh, especially the pie".

"Oh, yes. That is the best pie in the galaxy", Alex says. "It so I'm told".

"So, before we eat, I thought it would be nice if we went around and shared what we were grateful for, or any other feeling that we might want to share with family and friends, so let's share", Kara says. "Okay, I'll go first, um...I'm grateful for everyone here. My best friend in the entire world, my sister who's always had my back, my other sister who I love deeply, and whose been there for me, and with me, in the sky, and the woman who always treated me like a daughter".

"Thank you sweetie", Eliza says.

"Alex, do you wanna go next?", Kara asks.

"Nope".

"Winn, why don't you go?", Kara says.

"Yeah, well, that's easy", Winn says.

Ashley phone was ringing. "Oh, sorry. I'll turn it off real quick. Oh, it's James. Um, I'll make it quick. Don't wanna miss my turn".

"Thanksgiving call. That's nice", Winn says. "That's really very thoughtful. Anyway, I want to tell you how thankful I am".

Ashley goes outside, into the hallway, to answer James, phone call.

"James, everything okay?", Ashley asks.

"Was about to ask you the same question", James asks.

"Well, you know. Powergirl helped put Leslie into a coma, but other than that no problems", Ashley says.

"I wasn't calling about Powergirl", James says.

"You weren't?", Ashley asks.

"Nope. Calling my best friend Ashley", James says. "She's at a Thanksgiving dinner with her sister, and the other sister she hates. Wanna make sure your not beating people up"

"Nope. It's all good here", Ashley says. "Thank you, for the call. I needed it".

"Your welcome. Ashley you don't sound okay", James says.

"I will be after tonight", Ashley says. "Now, James Olsen, how are you?".

"Oh, you know, pampered", James says. "Stuffed. A little bored".

"Well, wanna switch places. I would love Ojai right about now", Ashley says.

"Yeah, you would", James says. "It's beautiful with the right person".

"You are that person", Ashley says. "I- um... I mean...nevermind".

"Ash", James says.

"No. I should get back. And you Olsen should get back to Lucy", Ashley says. "If I need something, or if National City need something, I will call you".

"Thanks", James says. "Happy Thanksgiving, Ash".

After the phone call, Ashley walks back in. "Okay, so Winn just went, it's your turn", Kara says.

"Hmm".
.......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 5.9K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...
143K 11K 12
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...
932K 21.2K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
304K 7.6K 110
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...