the 1

By rhythmicfilms

(lipsoul) Jinsoul has never been the kind of person that likes the idea of romance but when she partnered up... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
Epilogue

24

175 15 6
By rhythmicfilms

Jinsoul collapsed on the floor.

All of them started to scream at each other or maybe Sooyoung and Jiwoo joined forces on screaming at Karina and Karina screaming back at them with all the words she could possibly think of to describe them

Hyejoo and Jungeun sat beside each other, waiting for an update about Jinsoul while the other three blamed one another. They were all pointing fingers but all of them knew that they were all at fault.

If Jiwoo hadn't insisted on coming with them then Sooyoung might've dealt with the purplehead on her own and it could be exhausting. Jungeun knew that.

Years of friendship gone into waste just by one wrong choice and everyone was to blame for it. They were at fault whether they liked it or not.

Today was exhausting for Jungeun. When she heard the news about Yeji and Haseul, she quickly booked a flight back to New York that made Karina angry because she wanted to spend some alone time with her in Amsterdam to which the pink haired thought was an unreasonable explanation for them to stay.

Her friends for years were arrested by the police for murder and drugs. She just talked to them days ago and didn't notice that they were in trouble, that maybe they needed help just like the rest and so she decided to go back to New York even if Karina was pestering her not to.

When they landed on New York, they went straight to the police station where her friends were detained and Jiwoo being the only one that was sober enough to testify against these allegations at them was the only one whom Junegun talked to.

It's safe to say that the talk didn't go well.

Everything happened in a day and it was just starting to get dark considering the fact that Sooyoung, Jinsoul and Hyejoo arrived at the station at 5 in the afternoon and now that they had to confine Jinsoul in the hospital for her to be okay, the sun has already settled down and the skies were now painted with black.

She wanted to go find a hotel and rest already but she wanted to know about Jinsoul. She wanted to check if Jinsoul would be okay.

She owed her a lot. At this point, her anger towards the blonde has subsided because it was also her fault why Jinsoul ran away from her.

Fuck it, Jungeun.

Jungeun turned her head to the other side when she heard Hyejoo fake a cough. "Why did you kiss Karina that night?" A silent whisper. It was a straightforward question that Jungeun couldn't really answer.

The pink haired sighed. "I don't know," She paused and sucked in a breath before her lips formed into a thin line as a frustrated sigh escaped her sealed lips.

"I don't really know."

"That's not a valid reason and you know that, Jungeun. You had the audacity to get angry at Jinsoul for leaving you behind when this whole time everything was your fault for kissing Karina that night and it's so fucked up that Jinsoul pretended that none of this ever happened."

Hyejoo blurted out, staring into Jungeun's teary eyes. "All she wanted was for you to be happy."

Jungeun started to sob quietly.

"Was Jinsoul not enough, Jungeun?"

That question hang on her throat. She opened her mouth but no noise or word came out so she closed it once again.

Jinsoul was enough for Jungeun.

Or maybe that's what she liked to think to herself.

Because when Jinsoul told everyone that they were only friends, Jungeun realized that she didn't want that even if she had tricked herself into believing that it was okay for her and Jinsoul to be friends. To be known as friends because that's what they were right?

But she was proven wrong when Karina kissed her. She wanted everyone to know who she was in someone's life and that's what Karina made her feel.

Something that Jinsoul failed in giving her.

Was Jinsoul not enough?

Maybe.

Or maybe it was Jungeun who lacked something.

"Hyejoo, what's with all the questions?" Junegun told her with a laugh that made Hyejoo smile, a small one. "I'm just curious about the situation that you three are in. I'm glad Chaewon and I never experienced something like yours."

"Yeah because yours so much worse." Jungeun joked and Hyejoo playfully shot her a glare which made both of them chuckle. "I hope Jinsoul's okay. I've been such a bad friend to her."

"Hyejoo, you're an emo bitch but I never expected you to be emotional about me fainting." The two of them jumped in total surprise when Jinsoul spoke from behind them and a doctor.

The other three who left Karina in her own world while Jiwoo and Sooyoung shared a sympathetic moment scooted a little closer to them while the doctor said something along the lines of Jinsoul being okay and the medicine she should drink.

However Jinsoul's focus was on something else. It was on Jungeun and how she was intently listening to every word the doctor just said. A smile on her lips curved.

"That's it and I hope miss Jinsoul won't be back here anytime soon." The doctor laughed at his own joke and everyone just stared at him, awkwardly. Figuring out if they should laugh with him or not.

The doctor hid his face in embarrassment. He was like a teenage girl and Jungeun laughed at it, a loud one and it was like a virus that spread across the entire hospital.

She couldn't get a hold of herself, she couldn't stop from laughing. All eyes landed on the pink haired figure but she couldn't care about it, she was laughing so hard yet truth be told, there was nothing really funny in an old man who acts like a teenage girl when he's embarrassed but somehow Jungeun wanted to find some comedic relief amidst all the chaos that's starting to circle her life.

Soon enough, Jiwoo joined in the giggling and so did Jinsoul, Hyejoo and Sooyoung. In her peripheral vision, Jungeun could see Karina walking away so she ran after her, making her laughter die down and the only ones laughing were the remaining three figures.

"Karina, wait, Karina!" The pink haired yelled as she ran for Karina trying to reach her and when she came closer, she grabbed the purplehead's wrist that made Karina stop from her tracks.

"What? I want to go home, Jungeun."

"We can stay at a hotel for the night, Rin-"

"I want to go home alone, Jungeun." In a stern voice, Karina spoke, her eyes locking with the hospital floor. The tone that Karina gave Jungeun made the pink haired stomach's drown in collywobbles.

"Karina, what's happening to you?"

"Let's talk when you don't seem to be so preoccupied with Jinsoul."

"Are you jealous?" Jungeun muttered in disbelief but trailed off with a laugh. "Karina, Jinsoul and I, there's nothing more to us now. Is it wrong for me to be concerned?"

The purplehead scoffed, "The way you look at her says otherwise, Jungeun. I know this moment would come in our lives where once you'll see each other again, you'll forget I was ever a part of your life."

Karina bit her lip, trying not to sob, trying not to look in Jungeun's pained eyes, "Let's just talk if you don't feel too pressured in coming home. Stay with Jiwoo for a while, I'm sure they still need you here."

This time, Karina managed to lift her head up and meet Jungeun's eyes that were starting to tear up and it shattered Karina but she tried her best to look strong, to look like someone Jungeun shouldn't worry about.

"I love you, Jungeun but maybe you need to sort out your feelings for Jinsoul or for me. I don't want to be a rebound."

Karina turned her back, walking away from Jungeun as tears started to fall out of her eyes.

Jungeun watched her disappearing figure walk out of the hospital hallways in silence. The moment Karina left, Jungeun's head immediately turned to look at someone and their eyes met.

Jinsoul has been looking at the two of them for a couple of minutes now and with a sympathetic smile, Jinsoul told her to come closer with her hand actions to which Jungeun obeyed.

When their bodies went near with each other, Jinsoul pulled her into a friendly hug. "I know you need this. Maybe Karina just needs some time off. You two will be okay."

Jungeun smiled, hopefully they will be okay.

Karina's figure came running out of the hospital with her blurry vision from clouded tears and her head was spinning, it was pounding very badly but she couldn't care, she wanted to get away from everyone there.

How Jungeun's eyes looked at Jinsoul earlier made Karina's state even more painful because not once did Jungeun ever stare at her like that.

It was painful to think that after all these years, it has always been Jung Jinsoul.

Not her.

And it will never be her.

Karina started jogging up to the busy streets, not minding the drivers press screaming at her for blocking the way or asking if she wanted to die. She paid no mind to her surroundings and only ran around.

Maybe Karina was wrong to think that Jungeun ever liked her in a way she wanted to, maybe Karina was wrong to think that Jungeun would ever love her, maybe Jungeun just didn't want Karina to get hurt that's why she decided to say yes to her when the purplehead asked her to be her girlfriend.

Excuses and reasons. Each moment shared with Jungeun came rushing back in Karina's mind, playing like it's on repeat and each moment became a blur to Karina.

Yet with each moment she remembered with Jungeun, she noticed how the pink haired's smiles never reached her eyes just like how it would be whenever she was with Jinsoul.

Karina was a witness of how Jungeun would be in a state of euphoria when it came to Jinsoul and she also witnessed how Jungeun never seemed to forget her feelings for Jinsoul.

She was in deep misery to think that Jungeun ever moved on from Jinsoul.

She was in deep misery to believe that Jinsoul would never come back and take Jungeun away from her.

Because they were in love once and even when they start hurting each other, the love never really goes away, does it?

Karina's head started to pound like crazy, making her dizzy, making her lose balance, making her unaware of what was happening around her. She kept on running around the busy streets, not paying attention to anything as her head slowly started to feel as if it was getting pierced.

She was in piercing pain, metaphorically and literally.

The purplehead's legs had their own actions, actions that placed Karina in danger because when she thought that there were no more cars approaching the road, she walked there, slowly.

She didn't know how wrong she was.

As Karina started to start her walk, a red Toyota approached her and before the driver could hit the brakes, the car already knocked Karina down to the cold, hard ground.

She was severely bleeding and the driver was in panic. Luckily, Karina wasn't as far as she thought she was from the hospital so she was rushed there.

Everyone panicked when they saw how Karina's body started to become pale as blood came out.

The purplehead hoped Jungeun wouldn't see her state because if she did then the pink haired would have to worry about her. She didn't want that. She didn't want to be a burden to Jungeun.

"I love Kim Jungeun,"

Karina spoke as she stared at the male nurse that was on her right side, scared and clueless about what Karina was saying. "Could you please tell her that I love her?"

She asked him even if she was already having a hard time breathing, "Please tell Kim Jungeun that I love her, I love her, I really do."

She smiled at the male nurse before closing her eyes and it didn't reach to her how the male nurse ran away from her and trying to find who Kim Jungeun was to say how this purplehead loved her so much.

As Karina closed her eyes, she smiled before breathing her last. Hell, she didn't even manage to reach the emergency room before dying.

But atleast she managed to tell everyone how much she loved Kim Jungeun for one last time.

"Where is she? Where is she!?" Jungeun's panicked voice stood out from the other murmurs as she ran with three other figures behind her. And of course, with the male nurse.

To Karina, Jungeun's voice has always brought her a sense of peace, a sense of home, a sense of belonging. Jungeun's voice soothed Karina in each way possible.

It's such a shame she wouldn't hear it anymore.

That lovely voice of hers.

Even if Jungeun was flash in that moment, using her full speed, it still wouldn't be enough. Nothing would be enough because she reached there too late. She was too late to save her.

Not when Karina was already declared dead on arrival.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 9K 81
BOOK 2 OF HEIRESS [unedited]
3.2K 142 22
MADE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. EASY TO READ WITH LIGHT PLOT. ENJOY MY FIRST WORK OF LOONA FANFICTION.
2.5K 89 12
I love you Simple yet complicated Protecting the person you love might be easy inside your head but it is also a between life and death mission Fight...
143K 7.8K 24
in which single mom jungeun found love in her daughter's dance teacher - - - kids! choerry, yeojin, heejin, hyunjin, gowon, hyejoo START: 2019-02-10 ...