COTE: Last Elite Standing

By Kawaii_Lumine

4 classes are pitted against each other in a life or death situation! And while most students are winning to... More

Episode 0: ..........
Episode 1: Hell under the guise of ' Paradise'.
Episode 2: Game 1: Protect the murderer!
Episode 3: Ayanokoji hates this game!
Episode 4: Recklessness...
Episode 5: Days...and days.....until...?
Episode 6: The traitor is none other than Ayanokoji Kiyotaka!
Episode 6.5: A game between the Director and Ayanokoji?
Episode 7: Outcast.
Episode 8: Conversation with my adversaries..
Episode 9: Truth or Lies
Episode 10: Broken Bond.
Episode 11: Suzune and Kikyo
Episode 12: Hope?
Episode 13: Victory within reach
Episode 14: Perfect Victory
S2. Episode 0: Human
S2. Episode 1: Welcome to London!
S2. Episode 2: Survey....
S2. Episode 3: Nagumo Miyabi.
S2. Episode 4: Everybody hates you, Horikita
S2. Episode 5:Tell me, Ayanokoji-kun....
S2. Episode 6: Mirror.
S2. Episode 7: A different ' him'
S2. Episode 8: Choose your truth.
S2. Episode 9: Does the Devil exist?
S2. Episode 10: The Third Game...
S3. Episode 0: Family.
S3. Episode 1: The line between Ally and Foe
S3. Episode 2: The inflatable bed.

Episode 15: He who assumes the role....

2.5K 155 131
By Kawaii_Lumine

Ayanokoji PoV

What a horrible loss for my class. Truly.

....

But this game has given me more information than I expected. Revealing Horikita and Kushida's past, Hirata's tyrant-like switch, Karuizawa's fragile history and others, Ichinose's true nature, and the disorganized situation of my classmates.

This game. It provided me what I wanted.

Truth be told, there was never really a traitor in Class D. I simply instructed a certain student to sabotage in the final round.

In Ryuen's class and Sakayanagi's class, however, probably has actual traitors. But it doesn't matter to me at the moment. What matters is the fact that my opportunity has arrived, at this very moment, my class is at their lowest point.

Trust shattered.

Friendships questioned.

Arguments ensue...

Ichinose dismantled them wonderfully in my favor. It is now my turn to mold them into people I will lead for my own personal benefit. As long as I can put on a show for the director, my freedom will be secured but there's a few hurdles in the way and future hurdles I will no doubt encounter. I wonder how much I'll struggle when they arrive.

Well, Ichinose has become the first actual hurdle. We are most likely to fight head on in a game of wits once the next opportunity arrives, which is likely the third game, whatever it may be. 

I don't plan to lose to her.

For the first time in my life, I've been given a more motivating cause to win. 

A better reason on why I should expend more effort than what is necessary...

....

Perhaps it's also because I'm starting to find this quite fun.

The absolute absurdity of these games and the director who conducts it...

The mystery behind certain people....

Back then, in the White Room, everything felt expected. I can't remember the last time I felt proud of an achievement, nor feel any uncertainty in everything I do. Ever since a few certain student that I got along with had passed away due to my own actions, I felt nothing. I had no drive nor proper ambition.

But now, I'm surrounded by chaos and people whose hearts are stained by their own individual history. This environment provides me a sense of uncertainty within my being, and so I have all the more reason to eliminate those I deem ' threats' in order to protect myself. But what comes with that, is excitement. I've yet to identify such thoughts and feelings as a ' good' or ' bad' thing.

I slid the classroom door open. And it seems like Chabashira-sensei was still tasked to officially dismiss them for the day.

" Ayanokoji. Where were you? I was just about to dismiss the class." My sensei told me in a stern manner.

My eyes surveyed everyone's expressions. As expected, they're magma waiting to break through the crack of the volcano. All it'll take is a mere shake and it will all spill....

" Why so gloomy everyone?" I spoke loudly, grabbing everyone's attention.

I made my way to the teacher's podium.

" Ayanokoji? What are you-" Sensei looked about ready to scold but before she could, I quickly interrupted her.

" Sensei, I'd like to request that you stay silent and allow for me the chance to educate these fools." I intended to ask politely, but I sounded more commanding than polite.

"...." She sighs, it seems she understands. She steps to the side and allows me to stand in front of all of them.

And so, began their complaints.

" Ayanokoji? What the hell do you think you're doing?"

" Have you no shame talking to a teacher like that!"

" An outcast like you has no right to-"

" Shut up." I nonchalantly said. 

" Huh?" They seemed taken aback. I decided to continue.

" Shouldn't I be asking you these questions? What the hell were you all doing? Have you all no shame for losing this much? Do any of you have the rights to complain to the guy who brought you 500 class points from the first game?" I said to them, coldly.

All of them immediately went silent.

Well, I didn't really expect to win 500 class points since that wasn't part of my intentions, but it's good leverage to use at this very moment, especially with the direction I've chosen.

" This is bullshit...." I hear someone mutter.

" I'm sorry, did someone say something? If someone did, then please do repeat it." I decided to make my mark.

A loud screech came from the back of the room. My eyes wander towards the student and it was Sudo Ken of all people.

" YOU CAN'T TELL US WHAT TO DO! YOU MAY HAVE BROUGHT US 500 CLASS POINTS BUT YOU DON'T TELL US NOTHING! HOW DO YOU EXPECT US TO TRUST YOU AGAIN, HUH?!" He marched towards me with a pissed off expression.

Everyone in the room was silent. Some look nervous, maybe because they think another fight will break out. I don't blame them for thinking so because depending on my choice of response, it can lead to a more peaceful conclusion or a tiresome scuffle.

" Aren't we your classmates dude?! We lost two people, we're breaking apart over here and you're just watching from the goddamn sidelines! If you wanna fucking help then at least TELL US!" He made exaggerating gestures.

Sorry, Sudo.

But the truth is, I never had any plans to help you or any of our classmates. Gaining class points was but a mere byproduct of my own desires, which had nothing to do with the class.

However, as much as I want to correct your little misunderstanding with my intentions. I'm not dumb enough to aggravate you any further since that is not my intention or method unless necessary. 

I released a sigh.

" Perhaps you're right." I feigned resignation.

" Huh?"

I looked him in the eye. 

" I should've told everyone. But I was naturally bad at communicating with others my age since...." This is it. It's time to place down my trap.

I looked to the ground.

" It may not justify much of my actions but.....I was always bad at socializing with other people. My father didn't let me go out often nor did he let me get to know others my age. And since I felt ' cut off' from reality, I never developed any type of personality. My emotions are sometimes there....sometimes spontaneous and....." I clenched my fist.

" It led to a scuffle between us. " I didn't dare mention my obvious victory. It was an unnecessary reminder for Sudo.

" I-...uh...." Sudo stuttered. He didn't expect me to answer like this.

Everyone looked at me wide-eyed.

" I'm sorry, Sudo." I bowed my head slightly. " It was inexcusable for me to not only betray the class, but also in hurting a classmate. It was a fight I could've avoided if I had just talked back then, but I chose not to for my own selfish reasons."

" Ayanokoji-kun...." I hear the girls say my name, as if feeling empathy.

This was my method in gaining their trust back. By acting like a lone wolf, a passive-aggressive person, in their eyes. then I will have placed a cold image in their minds.

The human mind is interesting...

The moment they see a usually sincere person like Hirata suddenly acting the complete opposite, the people around him will discard him and replace the positive image with a negative one. ( Ultimately, it'd be hard for Hirata to regain their trust but at the same time, it might not be out of reach since he excels in social interaction better than me).

Now why don't we try to flip the coin?

If an insincere person were to act sincere, then the people around them will be taken aback. Seeing a cold image melt into a warm one, seeing an arrogant person being vulnerable, it only heightens a human being's empathy for that person. This is the effect I was aiming for, the moment I stepped in the classroom.

By acting cruel....and then stripping myself off of that image...

" Er...well....I guess...it's okay, dude." I hear Sudo awkwardly say.

I stopped bowing my head and looked towards Sudo.

" It's not okay." I led him on, " It's not the person I wanted to be." I looked towards everyone else,

" From the very beginning, I just wanted to make friends....and to enjoy this school life. But it was hard for me to chase that desire or express myself in any way. That's why," I looked towards the gyaru girls like Karuizawa and her friends.

" I don't blame you girls for calling me a gloomy person. That was my own doing." I said.

" H-huh. w-wait," Karuizawa stood up, wearing an apologetic look,

" I.......I didn't realize...you felt that way. So I'm sorry as well. No! I should be the one more sorry than you, right?" She asked.

" That's-" I wanted to leave it up to her own interpretation but another one of her friends quickly stood up, looking guilty as well.

" I'm sorry too, Ayanokoji-kun.....I know a lot about misunderstandings, and I can definitely relate....to having rumors about yourself." She lets out a small laugh, but it wasn't a mocking one, rather it was intended to cool herself before speaking any further.

" And...it was unfair of me to do the same to you. I'm really sorry." She bows her head.

Mori Nene was her name, if I'm not wrong.

" Ayanokoji-kun, " Kushida also stood up, wearing a look of remorse. But in reality, there was no need to but I've come to accept the person Kushida is.

" I'm sorry....I should've known you felt that way....since we talk often. Please forgive me!" She bows.

Unnecessary for you to do, Kushida....

Is what I would think if my intentions were truly pure. But they're not. So I'm rather thankful for your assistance this time around, despite being unknown to the circumstances that led to this decision.

" It's okay. Really." I said in the lightest tone I could possibly produce, " Besides, I'm the one who's consistently inconvenienced all of you. " I said to garner even more empathy.

" So we're just going to forgive him like that?" Ijuin muttered. The guy who was verbally attacked by Hasebe.

" No, I'm not asking for your forgiveness. I genuinely just want to apologize to this class, of whom, I selfishly wronged." I said.

" Ah....well, I'm still highly apprehensive of you....but if you're actually sorry then it'd be unfair for me not to forgive you and move on." Keisei said.

All of the girls already expressed their forgiveness upon me, but the boys still look skeptical but that was to be expected. That's why I have another card up my sleeve to secure everything once and for all.

" If all of you are willing to forgive me, then please do the same for Hirata." I said, not sounding too conmanding, rather I sound like I'm making a humble request.

" But...Hirata, he made a deal with-"

" I know. It was a shocking discovery but if you're going to forgive me then please forgive him too. He only did what he thought was best for the class, unlike I, who did what's best for myself." I said.

" Ayanokoji-kun....it's not really an issue...." I hear the man himself speaking. I look towards one of the front row seats to see Hirata wearing a small pained smile. My eyes lower towards his left wrist, where there was currently a plaster stuck on it to prevent more bleeding.

It made me wonder how far you'd truly go...

But what compels you to go through such lengths? It couldn't be just because you care about everyone here. No, there must have a been a motivation provided in the past for you to consider doing the above and beyond for these people.

" No it is, Hirata. You deserve to regain the respect and trust the class once had. After all, you were the only one that they depended on." I butter him up with such words.

" Still." Hondo spoke up, " We can't let Hirata just lead our class again." He scoffs.

" I agree. I'm fine with forgiving him, but if he's not willing to share his plans to the class especially when it puts our personal history at risk, then he's not fit to be leader." Keisei said while crossing his arms. He spoke with no animosity, only the logical thought.

" Hey...." Karuizawa spoke softly, " Hirata-kun is not that bad. Besides, who else are we going to depend on? You?" She asked Keisei.

" What? N-No...I'm  not good with that...." Keisei muttered.

Everyone wore indecisive looks.

" What about Kushida-san?" Onodera suggested.

The boys perk up at that.

" We'll follow her command with honor and absolute obedience." They spoke like peasants.

" H-Huh?! " Kushida exclaimed, looking completely flustered.

" Not to rain on your parade, but I don't think Kikyo will be good with that." Horikita spoke.

" Kikyo? Since when did you two get so close...?" One of the girls inquired.

Kushida then quickly began telling everyone the history between her and Horikita. Stuff about how they were previously close until they became distant but then they reestablished their friendship during the last game. Everyone seemed to nod along either looking interested or bored but they seemed accepting.

" Ohhh..." Most of them said.

" Yeah! And um, that's why maybe Suzune-chan could lead us if you're still untrusting of Hirata-kun." Kushida suggests.

" Huh? Kikyo, I'm not-" Suzune looked against it but Hirata also spoke up.

" I'm not against anyone becoming leader. I don't think I'm fit for the role anymore, and if my input means anything to you all, then I'd like to elect someone else that I know who can lead us to victory again." Hirata said, raising his right hand.

Everyone looked towards him.

" Who?" They all asked.

He forms an index finger and then.....

Points to me.

" I'd like to elect Ayanokoji Kiyotaka-kun as the leader for Class D." He said.

" Ayanokoji...?" Everyone sounded unsure.

" I agree with that." Horikita quickly said, her eyes gazing towards mine. Her words grabbed everyone's attention but nothing's been secured just yet. Still, she did a good job in following up.

As expected of my personal class traitor.

" Hmm....I think I agree too! " Kushida says, " Ayanokoji-kun managed to reveal all the class murderers in one round....isn't that amazing? And I have no doubts that he might be more intelligent than we assume." She said, sounding supportive.

" Him? Smart?"

" Didn't he score average...?"

" He never striked me as the studious one..."

The students whispered, contemplating and weighing their own personal opinion of me. 

" Actually," I spoke loudly, silencing their whispers and grabbing their attention again.

" I wanted to assume the leader role for now. " I said and they gasped. I continued, 

" Think of this as an extension of my apology, and my own willingness to change my ways and cooperate with you all. " I said.

" Huh? But are you sure you could-" Keisei was about question, but I interrupted him,

" Kushida is correct. I'm a lot more intelligent than you may all think." I admitted.

I had to commit to this.

No going back.

No more hiding.

" And to prove it, I'll tell you everything I did during the first game and explain how I discovered all the murderers." I said. 

Except....I'm going to leave out the tasks I had to do.

It's unnecessary for them to know about that....

Including my encounter with the director....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

" S-Seriously...?"

" So that's how you did it..."

" Ayanokoji-kun...is amazing...."

" still....how deceitful..."

" So that's why they say to never judge the book by its cover huh...."

They uttered praises, amazement, and words of shock after finally being shown the light of my actions in which I had hidden in the dark for quite a while. 

" ....I'm not against it. Let's have him be leader!" Sudo suprisingly spoke.

"Huh? Sudo? You too? Isn't he-"

" What's done is done and if he's going to make up for it by leading us to victory then I don't give a damn how he does it! As long he gets it done!" He faces me again, giving me a warning look, " As long as he tells us what he did. As long as he improves communication from his end. Then I have no complaints."

" As long as we win, right, everyone?" Kushida also said. 

"..... Right, if that's the case, then I'll also offer support for Ayanokoji to become our leader." Keisei said after a while.

" Sounds like a plan,  I must say." Matsushita expressed her side of the spectrum.

" ..." The boys made grunt noises, still sounding unsure.

" Boys?" Kushida looked towards the reluctant males.

" Agh....fine!" Miyamoto said.

" Whatever." Hondo said.

" Let's give it a shot then..." Okitani shrugs.

" Thank you!" Kushida was grateful.

" Well, if Ayanokoj-kun is the only way to win...then..." Karuizawa trailed off as she gazes at me. 

" It doesn't sound bad." She said.

Soon, the other girls and boys bandwagoned along.

" Thank you. I'll make sure not to disappoint." I bowed my head slightly.

In all honesty, there's a reason why I'm initially hesitant on leading others.

It has no correlation to my peaceful desire or solitude.

Rather,

It's because the old me used to do the same....

The old me that went too far....

I came to this school to discover a new ' me'. A ' me' I could look back on fondly once my end is near. A ' me' that has friends, that has true allies, true people the new 'me' would never give up.

But right now, what matters most, is my own benefit. I have to play these games until my three years are up and then I'll be set free. I will experience true freedom. That is, if the director stays true to her word by then.

I will prepare contingency plans in the case she doesn't...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ichinose PoV

I ran through the merciless rain.

I ran away from home.

" Why did I do It? Why did I do it? Why did I do it?" I asked myself over and over as I kept running further and further away from home.

My clothes were stained with their blood.

My hands were stained with their blood.

My hearing was filled with their infinite screams.

My heart was tainted.

I....

I....

Before I could finish the thought, I took one wrong step and tripped on the wet concrete. There were no people around, but there were passing cars although I doubt they cared to see my situation.

After all, if they knew.....if I tell them....then they'll abandon me.

Because...I....

" Why did I do it.....Why did I kill them...." I cried to myself.

My mother....my sister...

The two most important people in the world to me.....I......I killed them.

This dark pit in my stomach, it's an abyss, an abyss forever expanding.  I look towards my hand, the rain has yet to wash away the blood. But why should it? Why should it wash away the sins of a murderer like me?

No....I deserve this...

I'll be cursed for the rest of my life.

It's unforgivable....unforgettable...

And yet.....I want to be set free from this...

I don't like this feeling...

I want to return home....but what is ' home' if I killed the people THAT MADE IT A HOME!

" WAAAAAHHHHH! MAMA! I'M SORRY! SISTER, I'M SO SORRY!" I screamed, uncaring for those who hear me. but maybe either way, they couldn't because my echoes were overwhelmed by the sound of rain.

Why did I run...

I should....I should....

Kill myself-

" H-Huh...?" Suddenly, I was no longer getting hit by the rain.

" Well, Well~ What's a child like you doing here all alone on the streets? In the middle of the night?" A woman's voice said.

In my vision, I saw boots. My eyes slowly trailed upwards to see a blonde woman with short hair, a big coat covering her...petite form. My eyes stopped at her golden orbs which felt reminiscent of the stars.

" Are you okay? Why are you covered with blood?" She asked, gently.

" Who.....Who are you?" I asked.

" I am Lumine." She introduced, " What is your name?" She asked.

I wanted to run away from this person. Something tells me that she isn't someone I should be near to.

And so, I quickly got up on my feet and ran the other direction, hoping to leave that strange woman behind. Her tone sounded warm and inviting, but this gut feeling is screaming at me to not fall for it.

---------------------------------------------------------

" Haah...Haah...." I waited by the alley. There was cover to protect me from the rain and it seemed safe to hide in for the moment.

It was dark though...so it felt scary.

But being near that woman felt....odd...

" I....I need to figure something out...." I said to myself.

But suddenly, I felt a feminine hand land on my shoulder, suddenly pulling me deeper into the ally until my back made contact with their body.

" Figure what out~?" It was her.

I froze.

H-How?! How did she find me?!

She couldn't have ran after me...I made sure of it!

But why is she-

I then felt a sharp metal hovering  close to my neck.

I-is....Is that a knife?!

" I was suprised when you ran away.....it's almost as if you knew that staying close would get you in trouble~" Her sweet voice....it contradicted her current actions.

How could a sweet-sounding woman.....hold a knife against a child? 

Does she not see me as one?

I'm only 10...but.....

I also...killed my mother and sister....

No.....it makes sense....

Maybe....Maybe this woman is a shinigami? A creature of death? A shinigami that knows of my sin and comes to punish me for it....

" You seem so accepting of the situation now....where's that fear gone to? "I hear her ask.

Do I have a right to be afraid?

After what I'd done?

" M-Miss...?"

" Hm~?"

I deserve death.

" Please...k-kill me." I requested.

The woman didn't respond but I closed my eyes and mentally ready myself to face pain and death. I don't care if she kills me quick or slowly, either way, I deserve to suffer and be punished with death.

" Very well then..." She finally said.

I braced myself.

a second has passed...

two seconds have passed....

three seconds have passed....

And before I realized it, a minute has already passed and the pain was yet to happen. I stubbornly kept my eyes closed. Another minute has passed and once again, nothing happened.

I dared to open my eyes.

" Miss...?" I turn my head a bit to see the woman standing behind me, looking down on me a scrutinizing gaze. It was silent, she hadn't said anything.

I was confused.

Why didn't she kill me?

Should I tell her of my sin?

Will that give her a reason to end my existence here and now...?

" I...." I began to speak.

" I killed.....my mother and sister...." I said to her. " I destroyed....the two people that made me feel like home...." my voice cracked.

" I...." I looked down to the ground, the excess water dripping down from my hair strands and hitting the floor.

" I...deserve death....."

" Please...kill me....miss...." I pleaded.

" Hmmm......nah." I hear the woman sigh. 

" Killing a little girl like you? How boring." She said in a disappointed tone.

" Huh?" I look up to her. " Why? WHY WON'T YOU KILL ME?!" I asked agressively.

She grins.

" Because It'd be a waste to kill someone in whom I'm feeling a certain kinship with." She said.

------------------------------------------------------------

That was 5 years ago....

I will never forget that day due to many reasons...but the reasons that matter the most the day...

Was the fact that I had killed two of my important people.

And in the same evening, I had met another woman who became another important person in my life as of now.

Ever since then, my personality became twisted and I had begun to accept my sin. But it didn't stop there, because soon after, Lumine had taught me to revel in it. Revel in blood. Revel in murder.

The old Ichinose Honami is no longer here....

Every bit of my childlike innocence has been stripped away and thrown into the deepest pits of my burning memory. I am no longer the person I was before that day.

And I do not plan to return to it.

" The look on their faces were amusing, Honami." Mistress said.

" I'm glad you enjoyed the show, mistress." I smiled.

Her golden eyes turn to look at me and then back to her papers.

" Though, things are going to be quite difficult now. That's my prediction." She said.

" Why?" I asked curiously.

The only person who poses a challenge to me is Ayanokoji-kun of Class D. I don't know anything about him despite wanting to use my points to reveal his information but.....that would be a huge spoiler for my fun.

" Well~" She props up her elbows on the table and rests her chin on her hands.

" I can't tell you why. But it's a guarantee! " She said, cheerfully.

Anything related to the school and its future. Mistress Lumine has always been vague to me about it.

Well, there are only two things that matter to me.

Her health.

And my fun.

" Mistress, how have you been feeling? Are the medications still working?" I asked, taking a seat.

" Mhm~ It's doing fine." She said.

I felt a wave of relief rush over me. It's important to me that Mistress is healthy.

" I'm glad..." I expressed it out loud.

" You're always so caring, Honami. Especially for someone as twisted as I am." She said.

" That's because Mistress is the only person I have left....if...Mistress dies...." I trailed off.

If mistress dies....I would lose any reason to live again.....and maybe this time....I'd actually kill myself.

" Geez, don't be so gloomy!" I felt her hands patting each of my shoulders.

" I won't die. I'm going to keep fighting. I will see through the end with my desires." She said, 

" After all, I speak no lie~" She singsonged.

" Of course, mistress." I perked up with a genuine smile.

" I know that you never lie!"

Perhaps I'm wrong.

Perhaps that childish side of me has yet to truly disappear....because when I'm with her....

I feel like the old ' me' again.

--------------------------------------------------

Lumine PoV

" I'll be going now, Mistress." Honami waved me goodbye.

" Bye bye!" I waved back.

She opened the door and left.

I released a sigh once I made sure she was gone.

"..." My smile drops.

I don't have much time, do I?

I pressed a hand to the spot under where my ribcage should be.

" Haah...such a pity." I chuckled to myself before returning to my desk.

" Well....I should send a message to Kazumi regarding the matter she wants me to clear immediately...." I muttered to myself before I began to type my update.

' Ayanokoji Kiyotaka and Ichinose Honami....' I typed.

------------------------------------------------

Ayanokoji PoV

A few days have passed since the day I was elected.

The classroom was silent during classes but felt lively during free time. Others began to talk to me a bit more to ask my input on certain ideas for hypothetical games we might endure.

Though, I convinced them to not think about it too much until the next game is officially announced. Who knows what the director might come up with.

But one thing's for sure.

I'll make sure we win.

" Good morning, students." Chabashira sensei greeted us.

" There are a few announcements the director wants the teachers to relay to their respective classrooms."  She said.

I looked towards sensei, curious of what they may be.

Perhaps it's about the third game?

" For the first major announcement, the next game will take place 3 months from now." She said

" 3 months? That's...so much time..." Everyone said.

Three months, huh....

" For 3 months, normal classes will take place. And during those three months you are to prepare for the midterm exams." She said.

" WHAT? EXAMS ARE STILL A THING AFTER EVERYTHING WE'VE BEEN THROUGH?!" The boys groaned in annoyance.

Ignoring them, Chabashira-sensei continued,

" The class with the highest average score will be rewarded with 300 class points." She said.

" 300 class points..."

" That'll cut down our negative 600 to half....."

" Shit....we need that..."

Everyone seemed determined yet uneasy. After all, intelligence and academic ability-wise, Class D was contained the worst of the bunch with a only exceptional people that are adequate at both. Still, those few exceptional students won't be able to pull through if their classmates aren't just as prepared.

This could be a good chance to repair their bonds.

" Furthermore, moving onto the last announcement...." Chabashira sensei said before her eyes widened at the paper before relaxing again into her normal gaze.

Hm? I wonder what got her suprised-

" Ayanokoji Kiyotaka of Class D is selected to partake in the temporary first years survey program."

" Huh? Survey program?" Everyone questioned.

What is it exactly-

" Ayanokoji Kiyotaka is set to travel to London, England. Along with another student, Ichinose Honami of Class A."

Huh?

" ENGLAND?!"

-------------------------------------------------------

( The day of departure....)

" Hello, Ayanokoji-kun." Ichinose greeted me as she dropped her bags to the ground.

We were both outside, waiting for our shared private transport to arrive in our school.

" Hello, Ichinose." I returned her greeting in kind.

I was unexpectedly roped into another situation. A  ' survey' program situated in Europe? To be more precis, London, England? 

Why exactly are we supposed to be there anyways. I had a ton of other questions as well, but I should stay patient.

" I'm so excited to go to England!" Ichinose said in a chipper tone.

" Is that your fake mask uttering those words? Or are they genuine." I blandly said.

" Hehe~ Maybe both?" She suggests playfully.

" Hm..." was my response.

" Hey, Ayanokoji-kun. I have a question." She asked.

" Am I allowed to ignore it?" I said.

" Well, you're free to! But allow me to ask anyways, " She tilts her head at me.

" Have you ever travelled international before?" She asked.

I contemplated a bit on whether or not I should answer or continue ignoring her. But maybe talking with her will provide further insight on the type of person she is.

After all, she proclaims herself to be my enemy.

And she's proven enough to have me deem her as me ' enemy'.

" I have." I told her.

" Really? Where?"

" I've been to the US." I admitted.

" You've been to america......amazing!" She looked excited, " How was it? Was the trip fun?"

" Not really. My father was only there for business and I was usually told to stay in the hotel room unless called upon. So I didn't get to see much." I said.

" Oh..." She frowns a bit, " That's a bit sad..."

" Not really. I got over it. Besides, maybe things will be different in England." I shrug.

" Yeah! If they allow us to have some free time to experience the city of London, then let's partner up, all right?" She nods spontaneously.

" Sure, why not." I agreed.

A few minutes later, a black Honda Civic appeared in our view. It parked right in front of us both.

The driver's seat door opened and out came a girl who seemed to close our age. She had silver colored hair that matched with her silver colored eyes.

She looks to us with a cool smile.

" Yo! I'm Kazumi Shoko, pleasure to meet you."

" Kazumi-san?" Ichinose gasped.

" Ichinose. Nice to see you again- WHOAH!" The grey haired girl was suddenly wrapped in a hug by an excited Ichinose.

" It's been so long! " She said.

" Ahaha! It really has, huh? P-Please let go though. You're gonna choke me with those huge puppies of yours!" Kazumi struggled to say.

So this woman works with Lumine....at least...that's what I'm assuming since even Ichinose who has a direct connection with Lumine seems to be familiar with this ' Kazumi Shoko' girl.

" Sorry~" Ichinose backed off with a smile.

" Phew....I'm alive it seems..." Kazumi sighs.

" Anyways, why don't you two pack your bags in the back and enter the car. We're going to miss our flight-"

" Hold on." I interrupted her. She paused and looked at me.

" What are supposed to ' survey' in London?" I asked.

She smirks at me.

" Your upperclassmen, of course."

CHAPTER END!

All right!

An incredible change of location! It's temporary though.

And yes, the upperclassmen have been staying in England the entire time. Why do you think I never wrote anything about them except that vague Nagumo scene in Episode 4 or 5?

Now, that aside,

My announcement.

This fic will be placed on hold for a week or two.

A few things have developed in my personal life. And for a short time, I'd like to focus on developing them further without wasting all my time on writing.

So this fic along with my other fics will be on break.

You could say that for this fic.

Episode 15 is the season finale.

Season 2 will come later...

Probably when season 2 cote comes out.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this fic so far!

And I hope you will look forward to the next season with new arcs, new games, and new characters! ( I'm talking about the upperclassmen. In case u might think I'm adding more OC's. )

And with that, I bid you adieu.

KawaiiLumine, out~

Was that suprising? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 270 4
This is a what if scenario that I took interest in and this is a whole lot different reaction with an AU of course....... Ayanokoji Kiyotaka had enr...
21.3K 1K 9
Ayanokouji is no longer the perfect human, his father wanted him to be. Due to the stress of the White Room, Ayanokouji developed dissociative identi...
28.7K 916 34
after the island exam in his first year of his new highschool life , our mc kiyotaka wakes up in an abandoned school He came to realize after that...
288K 2.2K 9
In an alternative universe where Ayanokōji Atsuomi humored the desires of Ayanokōji Kiyotaka, the story changes in more ways than one - new companion...