Love & Business: Part III

Por _dat_one_girl_

𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈𝐈 After ending a marriage of 4 years, Hunter and Sophia are back at it again. They hate each ot... MÑs

Back to Enemies
Don't Start
Laugh Now, Cry Later
Family Time
Just tell me!
Second Place
Three Hours
Lynda's Dinner
Talking
The Interview
Ponytails
Beauty
Cliche
My Husband
I Don't Deserve You
Memories
Cream Clouds
Breaking Point
Completely Soaked
Wet Dreams
CEO-Mega-Conference!
Welcome to Venice, Italy
Teddy Bears
Unspoken Rules
Bookstore
A Mess Without Him
President Teddy
Surprise!
Suits
Confrontation
Revelation 31
It Was Love
Epilogue
Goodbye

The Fallen Moisturizer

12.5K 357 59
Por _dat_one_girl_

Sophia's POV

After taking a deep breath, I rang the doorbell of Hunter's mansion. The door was opened by one of the maids in less than no time.

"Good evening, Madam. Are you returning home?"

I shook my head. "Nope, I am here for my son. Where is he?"

She looked a bit disappointed but still gave a polite smile. "I see. Please follow me, Madam."

I nodded my head and followed her until we reached somewhere I wished never to be again; our room or should I say Hunter's room.

The door was a little bit open and you could see Hunter looking in a storybook with Blaze laying down in his arms, watching as his father turned the pages.

"Dad, what does that word mean?" Blaze's voice softly asked.

"Cookie?" Hunter asked and Blaze nodded. "Well, it's something that you eat; like what I bought for you today."

"Oh really? Mommy calls them 'scorks'."

No, I don't.

Hunter threw back his head as he laughed. "Does she now?"

"Uh-huh." Blaze said as he bounced his head up and down.

At that moment, the maid decided to knock and then fully open the door. "Sirs, your Madam is here."

As soon as Blaze saw me, he quickly jumped up and ran to me. "Mommy!"

I smiled as he jumped up on me. "Looks like someone missed me."

He nodded with excitement as I put him down. "Go get your stuff so we can go home."

All that excitement that was on his face quickly disappeared as he heard my last statement.

"What, why? I want to stay here. This is our home!"

I quickly looked up to Hunter to see what to say but he was just as answerless as I was. Within seconds he started crying. I felt terrible but there was only so much that I could do. "Please stay, mommy."

Before I could say anything, Hunter jumped. "Don't worry, mommy is gonna stay." He turned to me, "Right mommy?"

I turned to him, looking very confused. I can't stay here. Wait, did he just call me mommy?

I know what he's doing. He's trying to make me look like a mean parent. Not today he won't! I smiled then turned to Blaze. "Yes, mommy will stay."

Blaze immediately stopped crying. "Really?"

A devious smirk came on my face before I turned back to Hunter. "Yes, if your daddy doesn't have a problem with it."

Hunter's face was priceless. His jaws were clenched and it looked like he wanted to explode. He discreetly stuck his middle finger to me at his side before sighing. "Whatever."

Excitement popped up on Blaze's face once more as he started running out of the room. "I am going to get my PJs."

Then there were two.

Silence filled the room as the usual awkward tension that always occurred whenever Hunter and I were alone came back.

Hunter was staring at me like how a vulture eyes its prey. Then he came in for his prey, slowly walking towards me.

Each step he took forward, I took backward. I wanted to stay as far away as possible from his man.

As he approached closer,  I could start to smell his cologne; it was faint considering it was the end but he still smelt great. I stepped back one more time before my back hit the wall with my butt pressed against it. He smirked as he watched my body pressed against the wall.

"I can't believe you're still afraid of me, Sophia."

"I'm not afraid of you."

That slightly upward smile that was plastered on his face quickly changed to his iconic emotionless look. His eyes went completely blank, there was no telling what he was going to do or say to me next.

"Although I hate you, you're still considered my wife and the mother of my kid so I want to warn you."

I raised an eyebrow.

"I heard that the emergency board meeting is to say how bad someone's side of the company has been doing this month."

"And why are you telling me this? Who says it's my side? It could be yours."

He put his hands on either side of my head and moved forward so there were only a few inches between us. "Don't piss me off, Sophia. You know that could never be mine. I'm always top of the game."

I was about to comment but when I tried I couldn't.

I started realizing how close we were and my heart started to race. A few more inches closer then our lips would collide by accident.

He raised a perfectly arched eyebrow as he tried to figure out what was going on with me before he realized.

I don't think he meant to come this close to me because his eyes opened wide when he realized. I watched as they slowly moved down to where my lips were. My breaths started to get heavy and heavier as my heart rate increased.

"Uh, mommy...daddy, what are you doing?" I heard a little voice ask.

Hunter quickly looked away. "Just don't get on my side of the bed," he said before walking out the room.

I quickly took a shower and wore one of the pajamas that I left behind. When I walked out, Blaze was already laying on the bed, waiting to be tucked in. I slowly walked to the bed as I watched Blaze giggle. However, I had to ruin it.

I can't make him think that this is going to be a regular thing. When he gets disappointed, who is the one that has to clean this up? Not Hunter, but for me.

"Blaze, this is only for tonight," I said sternly.

He frowned. "I know, mommy."

I smiled. "Good, now let's get you tucked in."

"No, daddy has to be here!"

I sighed. "Really Blaze?"

He simply nodded his head.

"Fine, then go get him."

He smiled before jumping off the bed and then running out.

As I lay on the bed, I looked around. I finally realized that the room was mostly in the exact way I left it.

The perfume that I forgot was still at the same spot and even that same tie I place down on the sofa the morning we broke up was still in the same position. It was almost as if he didn't come back in here.

I hope he didn't stay at the office. He always overworks himself to cope with stuff.

I looked down on the ground and saw the fallen moisturizer.

Images of that morning flashed back.

...

"What you mean Hunter?" I shouted as I picked up my handbag and applied my moisturizer. I was already ten minutes late for work and was rushing to get ready.

"Would you just stop and listen for once in your life?" He shouted back.

I quickly swung around to look at him, with my bag making the moisturizer fall in the process. "What, Hunter? You have my full attention!"

He looked down on the fallen moisturizer and attempted to pick it up but I jumped in his way. "I don't have all morning, Hunt. Tell me what's wrong."

He looked away for a few seconds before looking back at me. I tapped on my watch indicating for him to hurry.

"I want to break up."

...

"Mommy?"

I jumped a bit to see Hunter and Blaze watching me very confused. Hunter followed the direction my eyes were in and I could see some pity in his eyes before it quickly left.

He walked over and picked up the moisturizer then threw it in the bin. Such a replaceable item but I felt hurt by his action.

"Things not in use anymore belong in the trash," he coldly said before coming to bed.

...
Vote!

Seguir leyendo

TambiΓ©n te gustarΓ‘n

2.8M 102K 45
Looking straight in my eyes he said "I didn't like the way he was staring at you." I bit my lips "And how was he staring at me?" Leaning towards me h...
38.1K 1.7K 62
Gracie is now the CEO of the multimillion-dollar company she built from scratch. To take her revenge on her uncle, who ruined her life, a business ty...
61.2K 1.4K 45
π‚π„π‹π„π’π“πˆππ„ π’πŽπ‹π€π‚π„, She had ambitions that soared beyond the cage of her upbringing. Her dreams were simple yet profound: to find true l...
449K 11.7K 35
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈 Hunter and Sophia, two former enemies, have finally adjusted to their new relationship and being first-time parents. All is well until...