Once Upon a Heart

By lucky03m

Stories straight from the heart. Traces of thoughts left on paper, of rainbows after rainfall, smiles after h... More

Foreword
My One and Only # Sneak peek
1# When Stars cross
2# Sprinkles of Stardust
3# A Sweet Lullaby
4 #A New Beginning
5# Little by Little
6 # Stars in dark
7# The Deep Buried Secret
8 # Broken but beautiful
9 # Homecoming
10# Bonding
12# A drizzle of love
13 #Siren's Song
14 # The Party
15 # The Conflict
16 # Heart's Home
17 # Our Little World
18 # A silent wish
19 # A surprise visit
20 # Finale

11# In Love

503 80 41
By lucky03m

Hello folks,

Here with the update . Sorry , it was delayed by a day.

Happy Reading . Please ignore any errors or typos found.
____

The relaxed and cheerful demeanor of Sanskaar was hard to miss even for the ones who didn't know him up close and personal. Arjun was absolutely sure something prompted this change in Sanskaar, but he wasn't very sure to bring up the discussion knowing Sanskaar.

He was just happy watching his best friend zoom back to life. Sanskaar was no longer brooding and suffering but seemed joyful with each passing day. They fell back to an easy rhythm like college days which Arjun missed for years. Work was becoming fun so was his work-life balance as Sanskaar rushed out of the office early like he couldn't wait to get back to Maheshwari Mansion.

Something has changed or someone, he knew, but he decided just to be content with change but then came a day when he had to get out the secret.

---------

One fine Morning, Maheswari Inc

“Mall? A new one? Anjali, I am in between meetings. Can we discuss this later?” Arjun murmured in a low voice.  He was in a meeting with Sanskaar and ignored the first two calls of his wife, but took the third one when Sanskaar insisted.

Sanskaar shared a sisterly bond with Arjun’s wife Anjali, so Arjun hardly minded taking a call before him unless it was highly personal.

“Today's Last Day? Which one? Yaar Suno na…”

Sanskaar, who had been the recipient of the conversation, offered a helping hand  “Arjun, Give it to me. Let me talk to Anjali” 

And next few minutes of their conversation was a revelation to Arjun at least

------

“I know which mall you are talking about. Oh My god! Anjali, You should ! . It is wonderful.  I visited it last week and it has some great discounts and offers on groceries. Atta , maida, dal ,chawal ..haan haan on everything, and the kid's section is one of the best. Yeah, I know few offers would end today.

Don’t you worry? I will parcel this idiot early today and you can shop to your heart’s content. Agar kuch kanjoosi karega toh mujhe boldena.Of course, We will meet soon. It's been a long time since I tasted your paneer dishes… We will catch up. Bye!”

Sanskaar smiled, disconnecting the call, and queued an eyebrow looking at Arjun who was staring at him as if he was a ghost.

“What?” Sanskaar asked

“Atta? Dal? Chawal? Did I hear right? I mean ..?” Arjun stared at Sanskaar in confusion. In the years of their friendship he never once heard Sanskaar talk about this stuff.

“Of Course! Common Arjun. You are Ghar ka mard. Itna tho general knowledge hona chahiye ki where you find best vegetables, best discounts, New offers … You don't expect only women of the house to keep track of all these right? Now leave early today. I promised Anjali.” came Sanskaar’s casual reply as he focused back on his paperwork.

“And May I know how you gained all this knowledge?” came Arjun's next immediate question .“What happened to you Sanskaar? Who are you, man? Ok, I can't wait any longer. You better be out with a secret. Nah! Don't you try diverting the topic and don’t tell me you had some bole baba come into your dream and you changed miraculously. Koi hai? Kaun Hain? Tu bolega ya …main ghar aaja vu?” Arjun wasn’t in a mood to back off.

Sanskaar sighed. Well! He was apprehensive to share during the first few months not sure of how this little experiment would turn out but now .. he had no reasons to hide, not from his first best friend.

“Well! I hired a marriage counselor.” He stated as a matter of fact and went on to give an overview “ I can’t begin to describe the difference Swara made to my life,” Sanskaar said, his eyes full of admiration. He recalled Swara’s face in the morning as she and Tara bid him bye.

She looked heavenly, he thought in a pink salwar, her hair knotted loosely as if done in a hurry. Of course, She had to drop Tara off to play school and had a few things to settle with the bank. 

“ It’s like I am a new person,” Sanskaar beamed  … “like I am having a second life …and the kid…God! I love her! She's the cutest little bean. It's wonderful, Arjun … Swara is wonderful.” He finished.

-----------

Arjun insisted on meeting Swara citing she must be a miracle maker to turn Sanskaar around and he can’t wait to meet her in person.

Sanskaar wasn't sure. He said he would check with Swara and Only if She is comfortable when Arjun will get to meet her. And it was an agreeable proposition. Much to his surprise, Swara didn't mind the idea of meeting. In Fact, she was excited.

 “I think you should invite your friend for brunch. We can surprise him with his favorite dishes. You must be knowing them. Of Course, if he is your best friend, you would and  Yes! I can’t wait to dig more secrets about you.” She told him with a wink.

So like Swara , Sanskaar smiled.

-----

And the meeting was a hit. Arjun had to agree, Swara has a rare quality of making people feel at ease at first instance. And he was even more surprised to find his favorite dishes and effort went behind to make him feel special. And the kid Tara was a bundle of sunshine. It was hard not to fall in love with her. The house no longer looked like the one from his last visit. It bubbled with life. Teasing banters happy faces . The charm was almost close to old times.

Sanskaar watched Swara and Arjun chat like old friends with a smile first and scowled as they continued … and looked like they would never stop.

He tried to ignore the alien feeling coursing through him which wasn’t a pleasant one at any cost. Unable to hold back any longer .” Who are you? Some long-lost twins?Jo mela mein kho gaye?” He blurted out startling them both.

Sanskaar ! Swara chided gently in protest.

Ah! Arjun nodded. Someone getting jealous. He couldn't help smiling. “Mrs. Bragazna,” he cleared his throat,” I feel something burning. Is it from the kitchen?” That earned him an extra scowl from Sanskaar. Possessive already huh! “ He murmured. 

Deciding not to make Sanskaar any more miserable, Arjun thanked them for all their hospitality.“I would love my wife and kids to meet You and Tara. I am sure Tara would love a little company.” And he didn't fail to notice the silent exchange between the duo. He couldn't make out a thing but it was obvious they shared some connection beyond words. 

“They are most welcome. Of Course please check with my boss first,” Swara pointed at Sanskaar with a quick wink.

“ Boss!” Arjun carried it further. “What do you think ?”

Sanskaar shook his head. “I am a boss only on paper. She rules” He gave Swara a teasing smile which earned him a smack on the shoulder.

-------

“Sanskaar!” Arjun squeezed Sanskaar into an air-tight hug outside the Mansion. “She’s just amazing and perfect for you. I mean...You both are..”  He paused looking at Sanskaar's puzzled expression. “Don’t tell me you didn't realize you are in love with Swara? Like really. It's all over your face, Bro!. I am so happy for you! Don’t ever  let her go.”

-----

Sanskaar didn't move for long even after Arjun left.

. Love? 

Is that what his feelings for Swara sum up to? Is that why he craved her presence more often? The need to see her, talk to her, and how his thoughts had been drifting to Swara many times a day. He never had a tryst with love before, not this kind. Other than his love for family and his friends …he never pursued it or felt that way. He had no clue what love songs and poems were written about. How does it feel? How would he know?

Deciding not to pursue the directions, his thoughts were heading, Sanskaar walked in. And that night he could hardly sleep and when he did, he dreamt of ‘her’.

-------

Everything seemed to change for Sanskaar. He might have failed to notice it before but he was becoming familiar with the way his heart flipped around Swara. The quickening of his breath every time she looked at him or smiled at him. Her nearness was like a gentle tease, a breezy feeling in the morning, a torment at night.

Her casual darling or sweetheart made his heart roll. He stole glances more often than before and his daydreaming in the office was becoming alarming.Kuch toh hua hai …kuch ho gaya hain.. He crooned the song that caught his ears last night. That seemed to be apt to describe his situation.In fact these days, It felt like every love song was written for him.

And one evening on an impromptu shopping trip back from the office,he decided to pick some toys for Tara.“ She is a year and half old !” He told the Sales girl  “just a minute” he pulled out a picture from his mobile of  Swara and Tara in all smiles, one of those thousands for better reference.

“Oh that's a cute kid and your wife is so pretty,” the Sales girl remarked.

Simply stunned for a minute, Sanskaar couldn't bring himself to say no or had the heart to correct the sales girl. He let the words sink in slowly. The feeling was overwhelming and so was the realization. A family, they already were and a family he wanted. Sanskaar, Swara and their Tara.

------------

“I like your aunt a lot,” He whispered to Tara as a secret during one of their playtimes knowing Swara was nowhere around. Tara was the only one he could admit because she was his best secret keeper. “Do you think she likes me too?” He asked, wondering why his heart was thumping loud at that question.

Tara, her usual cheerful self answered yes, clapping her hands, giving all her best smiles .“Liar” Sanskaar tickled her tummy making her break into giggles.

“Don’t raise my hopes,” He murmured. “I will be heartbroken, if otherwise,”

He would be. And the thought was scary as hell.

------

When Arjun met Swara and Sanskar for the second time, he had his family along. Anjali took an instant liking to Swara. She was warm, open, and welcoming. And they bonded like a house on fire. Their 5-year-old kid Aayan was more than happy to have Tara for his company.

“Now I know how Sanskaar bhaiyya turned into a shopping expert. Swara, you have to give me all your tips so I can teach my husband.”

“No! Not me” Arjun said already terrorized at the scheme.

“Arjun, Start main Thoda tough hoga “, Sanskaar patted his shoulder in encouragement, But I trust your skills, my boy! Make me proud” 

And the teasing session went on with Anjali and Sanskaar teaming up against Swara & Arjun. And they had a gala time over lunch. When Anjali had Sanskaar for a few alone moments, she shared her thoughts.

“Bhaiyya, When Arjun first told me about Swara I didn't believe but he was right! Sach bolu. I am so happy to see you back like this. I am glad it is Swara.I already like her a lot. And I am already planning on how fun it would be when we four catch up. Guess what! You got lucky with a girl, finally,”

Yes, He did! 

If Arjun’s words dropped a seed in his heart while his own feelings were nurtured, now Anjali’s assertion was just what he needed. He feared but he couldn't stop himself from hoping. Maybe he really has a chance at happiness again.

-----

“Candle light dinner?” Sanskaar looked up from his laptop at Swara. It was on one of the nights the topic was broached.

Swara waited in anticipation. Of Course, he would know it's one of the most loved dinner dates. Her mind drifted to floating notes of slow music, the glow of candles, the teasing fragrance of flowers … and a dance. Romance in the air, Swara sighed and her eyes already turned dreamy at the thought. 

Only until Sanskaar opened his mouth.

“I think it should be renamed as ghost dinner. Like heck! Why do you need to eat with candles? You can’t even make out what you're actually eating? Then looking at each other. I am sure it would feel like staring at a ghost. It's horror if you ask me. He finished and looked at Swara “ What?”

She was staring at him as if he had lost his mind and he could read murder on cards. It is obvious he got it wrong. 

“Margaye,” he muttered.

“No ! Mr .Sanskaar Maheswari , You are a horror?” Swara shook her head and looked up. “ God! Why did you have to tag this man to me?” She muttered a crush. “Like really! Did you just … compare one of the most romantic gestures to a ghost date. Gosh! Do you at least have one bone called romance in your body?” 

“There are no bones by name romance in anyone’s body,” Sanskaar muttered.

“Logics mat nikalo tum, I am talking about chemistry, not anatomy ” Swara blasted.

Sanskaar exchanged a look with Tara who was silently gazing at both her favorite persons with no clue of the proceedings.

Lucky you! Sanskaar sighed. 

But he had no clue he was in for the biggest surprise and one of the best nights of his life.

-------

Thoughts ? Please share them.
A few words and a star.

Love
Lucky
__

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.1K 3.6K 12
This story revolve around two imperfect person. Will they abled to become perfect partner for each other?
3.1K 68 6
I started my journey as Fiction writer from One shot & I used to post them in Facebook. Most popular Romantic one shots are posted in my Wattpad acco...
69.1K 4.1K 12
This TS based on track of memory loss. This track based on their true love. How their true love will fight with all obstacles in the path of their lo...
87.6K 5.3K 20
the story start from sanlak fighting