The Enemy's Ex-Wife (Complete...

By senoradanah

A Mafia Story ••••••• Leila Romano is Giovanni Russo's wi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Welcome To New York
Chapter Two - Who The Fuck Are You?
Chapter Three - Interrogation
Chapter Four - The Mutual Understanding
Chapter Five - Purr-ple Cheeks
Chapter Six - Mole
Chapter Seven - We Keep Meeting Like This
Chapter Eight - Mother's Love
Chapter Nine - Stress
Chapter Ten - Attacked
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve- Demetrio
Chapter Thirteen - Don't Go
Chapter Fourteen - Closer
Chapter Fifteen - Mission I
Chapter Sixteen - Alberto
Chapter Seventeen - A Huge Confrontation
Chapter Eighteen - A Huge Confrontation pt. 2
Chapter Nineteen - The Story & The Kiss
Chapter Twenty- Suspicions
Chapter Twenty One - Apology
Chapter Twenty-Two - A Princess & A Terrible Accident
Chapter Twenty Three - In Captivity
Chapter Twenty Five - Saving Leila pt. 2
Chapter Twenty-Six - Lorenzo Spilling The Tea
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Callie
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Movie Night
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Angelica's Disaster
Chapter Thirty - Confrontation
Chapter Thirty-One - The Truth pt. 1
Chapter Thirty-Two - The Truth pt. 2
Chapter Thirty-Three - Adam
Chapter Thirty-Four - Adam pt. 2
Chapter Thirty-Five- The Last Mission
Chapter Thirty-Six - A Little Bonding
Chapter Thirty-Seven - Adam & Dalila
Chapter Thirty-Eight - Mia
Chapter Thirty- Nine - Approval
Chapter Forty - Mr. & Mrs. González

Chapter Twenty Four - Saving Leila pt. 1

27.9K 806 57
By senoradanah

•DEMETRIO•

I was a mess.

It had been two days since she was gone and I could wait longer to rescue her.

It was just a matter of time before we fly to Italy and get her back, and at that time, I will make sure to put a bullet inside Giovanni's fucking head.

The only thing I was praying for was that Giovanni wouldn't touch her.

I was so scared, scared to even just think about him touching her without consent, which I am sure she won't give.

I was going insane from overthinking and I couldn't even sleep. All I wanted was to have her beside me.

A knock on the door cut my thoughts off.

My father walked into my room hesitantly. He said beside me on the bed and looked intently at me.

"We need to talk," he said.

"About what?"

"About you and Leila," he said.

"Do you think it is the right time to talk about us?"

"I know it's not but we have to talk about you."

"What is it?"

"Remember when Laila told us that her parents are not her biological parents?"

"Yes."

"I think I know who her biological parents are."

"Who?" I asked.

"Callie and Mateo."

"There's no way Callie and Mateo are her parents. It is impossible."

"It isn't. She looks a lot like Callie and her eyes are the same as Mateo's."

"You are right. But how can you be so sure? We need to do a DNA test."

"We do."

"But what does this have to do with us?" I asked.

"One word, Angelica. She is their adopted daughter and she likes you."

"Don't remind me of her. I want to kill her! plus I don't care if she likes me, I won't ever break up with Leila just because Angelica likes me."

"It's not about Angelica liking you, Rio, don't you get it? It will be hard for Callie and Mateo. Angelica will make problems and then, they will have to choose between the two," my father explained.

"Why are you acting as if Leila is truly their daughter? We still don't know anything," I replied with a frown.

"I know, but I have a strong feeling she is." With that, he left.

He left me with my thoughts about Leila and how complicated everything was going to be. But I would never listen. I wanted to be with Leila and I would never leave her just so it wouldn't be complicated for Callie and Mateo.

It was so weird that in such a short time, I felt attached to Leila. I felt the need to protect her and keep her beside me forever. I wanted to be with her, touch her, feel her, and make her feel like the most important thing in the world.

I wanted to have kids with her as fast as it sounded.

She made me feel things no one had ever made me feel. It was like love at first sight, but I was too blind by hating her ex that I didn't focus solely on her.

Thinking of Giovanni made me angry again. I wanted to fly to Italy right then and get her back, even if I had to go alone.

I stormed out of my room and went to my father's office. He was talking on the phone when I barged in, startling him. He hung up and looked at me with alarming eyes.

"What happened?" he asked.

"I will not wait longer, dad. Tonight, we are going to Italy and get her back. I am going alone if you don't want to," I firmly said, leaving no space for arguing.

"Fine," he said.

"Fine?" I asked in confusion, not thinking that he would give in that easily.

"Yes," he shrugged.

"Great! I will go to the warehouse and get the men ready. I already called Danny and told him to get ready as well."

"Wow...You were really going there alone even if I said no, right?" he asked.

"Of course!" I replied.

"Well, son, now you have convinced me that you are ready to take over."

"Weren't you already convinced when you kept on nagging for me to take over two years ago?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"Yeah, but you are more ready now. Now you are ready to take care of a family," he explained.

* * *

It was midnight when we arrived in Italy. Danny, my father, and I stepped out of the private jet and made our way to the cars waiting for us.

Fortunately for us, our other Italian allies made sure that Giovanni would not know of our arrival. We made sure that he didn't know what was coming for him.

They also provided us with a place to stay and weapons to use. In exchange, we would help them get weapons from the U.S. without the government knowing. It was the same thing that we didn't allow Giovanni to do, but now we were desperate for any cooperation. Plus, Giovanni is an arrogant, abusive, asshole that didn't deserve shit. The only thing he deserved was a bullet to his head that I will soon put.

"Are you sure we can trust those people?" Danny asked as he stepped into the car.

"Yes. Alfonso is my long-time friend and the thing that he wanted the most was to get weapons from the U.S., so I had to agree," my father said.

"Good."

The driver took us to the house that we were staying in. The risk in this mission was that only three two of our most trusted men, Carlos and Stephen, were going on the mission. The less we were, the better. That way we wouldn't attract attention and no one would suspect anything.

When we arrived at the two-story house, we took our bags inside and each one of us chose a room to stay in.

My father was staying alone, Danny and I together, and Carlos and Stephen shared a room.

"Are you okay?" Danny asked, changing into his sweatpants.

"Yes, why?"

"I don't know, you look sad."

"Of course, I am sad, Danny, but mostly mad. I just don't want anything bad to happen to her, especially now that he knows that she is pregnant."

"I hope nothing happens to her, don't worry man."

"Thanks, Dan."

* * *

We left 5 hours after we had arrived, I didn't want to waste time and we had a lot of planning to do.

We were going to Alfonso's warehouse to discuss some things, and plan for the mission to save Leila.

I wasn't going to lie and say that I trusted Alfonso, but I didn't have a choice. As long as my father trusted him, I was good. I didn't care what measures I had to take to save Leila, even if it meant that I had to become allies with another mafia, not that Alfonso's mafia wasn't an ally before.

I hid my two guns behind my back and wore the suit jacket. I made sure I had enough bullets for now, just in case something happened on the way.

By then, I knew that Giovanni would have maximized security because I felt that he knew we were coming. There were going to be a lot of men, but I was sure that they weren't as expert as we were. After all, I was a professional assassin.

And I learned from the best, my father.

"Welcome, Lorenzo Gonzalez," Alfonso greeted my father with open arms.

"Good to see you, Alfonso," my father replied, giving him a quick hug.

"Demetrio," Alfonso nodded, shaking my hand.

"This is Daniel, our most trusted man," I introduced Danny and they shook hands.

Carlos and Stephen stayed outside of the office.

"As you know, we came here for a very important matter," my father started.

"Si, si. I want would like to know the reason behind going after Giovanni if it's okay with you," Alfonso said.

"Alfonso, you have two daughters and they are the world to you, am I right?" my father started, earning a suspicious look from Alfonso, but he just nodded. "Well, Giovanni is abusing a girl that we care deeply about. She is also pregnant."

"Mhm, you are talking about his wife, right?"

"Ex-wife and yes," I butted in, earning a glare from my father.

"I see," he said as he nodded, "Well, then, I will help you. After all, I wouldn't want to see any of my daughters hurt or treated badly. The mafia life is so dangerous that even I feel guilty that I brought them into it."

"Thank you, my friend," my father said with a smile as he shook hands with him.

"Of course. When do you want to start?" Alfonso asked.

"Now," I quickly said. "The faster we start, the better."

"Okay. Let me show you the storage room where I keep all the weapons and armory. You can take anything you like, and I will have cars ready for you to take. Bulletproof ones."

With that, we followed him out.

My heartbeats were erratic.

I couldn't believe that I would see Leila and have her in my arms.

* * *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 729 27
Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #97 in Graphic 2024 #16 in Arguing 2024 #46 in Wealthy 2024 #68 in Russian 2024 #96 in Sexual 2024 **** Twenty-four ye...
407K 10.2K 37
Renzo Lucarelli is the heir of the biggest mafia in Italy and one of the biggest ones in the world. He is cold, ruthless and cares only about his maf...
869K 32.5K 69
-COMPLETE- [09. 10. 20. - 03. 06. 21] Angelo Giovanni had eyes for a certain fiery black haired beauty. No matter what he couldn't just get enough of...
29.7K 616 48
Irina Inessa Smirnov is twenty years of age. She wanted nothing more than to be independent and loved after years of being without her parents. Giov...