Rush In Love: {The Quarry} {N...

By SurvivorOfLodge10

A Nick Furcillo Oneshot {Takes place during the Quarry} (This book contains a bit of gayness, so don't read i... More

Rush In Love

366 5 3
By SurvivorOfLodge10

ℕ𝕚𝕔𝕜 𝔽𝕦𝕣𝕔𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕠 𝕩 ℕ𝔹! ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣

Presenting...

˜"*°•.˜"*°• Rush In Love! •°*"˜.•°*"˜

Summary: When Jacob breaks down the van, the group are stuck at camp for another night. And werewolves start attacking them?! What happens to Nick and (Y/N)'s relationship after he get's bite? Will (Y/N) stay by his side and help him? Will Nick harm them? Well, maybe the power of love can be strong...

Words: 24k+

~THIRD PERSON P.O.V

It was the end of summer and the kids had just left camp to go back home. Emma, Nick, Dylan, Kaitlyn, and Jacob stayed up at the lodge to say goodbye to the kids. Ryan was listening to a podcast under the lodge, by himself. Abigail was sitting on the steps leading up to Cabin 10 with (Y/N) sitting next to her.

They held up their camera that was on a picture they took during camp so Abigail could sketch it, seeing as she could finish it later. After a few seconds, Abigail smiled as she pulled her pencil away from her notebook. "There! Now I can finish it later when I get home," she said as she showed (Y/N) the sketch.

(Y/N) smiled as they looked at the sketch. "Wow, Abi. That's really good!" (Y/N) told her with a smile.

Abigail blushed from the praise as she looked down. "It's not that good," she denied.

(Y/N) shook their head. "Abigail, you got to stop doubting yourself. You're great at what you do," they told her, causing her to smile at them.

"Hey there, party bears!"

The two looked over to see Emma walking over. (Y/N) turned their camera off and put it around their neck as Abigail closed her notebook. "Status report?" Abigail asked.

Emma smiled widely at the two. "We are officially empty nesters. High five! Up top!" Emma announced as she high-fived (Y/N) before doing the same with Abigail.

(Y/N) realized something by the look on Emma's face. "... Oh boy. You're about to get your phone back, aren't you?" (Y/N) questioned as they crossed their arms.

"Let's go collect our bags and away from this mosquito-infested backwoods dump," Emma told them as she walked up the stairs.

Abigail and (Y/N) exchanged a look. "Door's locked. Bags inside," Abigail told her as Emma tried to open the door.

Emma sighed in annoyance. "Fuuuuck me," Emma muttered.

"Yep," (Y/N) said as they picked at one of their fingernails.

Emma looked down at the two. "Well, it's obvious what we have to do here," Emma said, causing Abigail to raise an eyebrow at her.

"Find someone with a key?" she questioned.

"Shape our destiny. And by shape our destiny, I mean shape our way through this crappy lock and grab our bags," Emma told the two.

Abigail put her sketchbook away in her bag before the two stood up, joining Emma. "Okay. Let's do it. We'd better not get in trouble," (Y/N) told her as the two stood next to Emma.

She shrugged. "I won't tell if you both don't," Emma told them as Abigail stood on her left while (Y/N) stood on her right.

"Mr. Hackett's gonna find out-"

"So what? He'll just think it was a bear or something," Emma cut Abigail off.

She shrugged in response. "Have you ever seen a bear in these woods?" Abigail asked her.

"No, but that doesn't mean they're not out there," Emma told them.

(Y/N) shrugged. "She's not wrong," (Y/N) added to Emma's point.

"Fair points," Abigail told them.

Emma took a step back. "Alright. Let's do this. On three... One! Two! Three!" Emma said before the three pushed into the door. It burst open, causing the three to go tumbling to the ground. 

"All about the power of positive thinking," Emma said as she got up from the ground.

(Y/N) sat up on their knees as they looked over at Emma. "Why do we ever listen to you?" (Y/N) questioned.

Abigail stood up as Emma glanced at the two. "Because I'm always right?" Emma guessed with a smile as she picked up the bags.

Abigail helped (Y/N) stand up. "Are you sure they're gonna think it was a bear?" Abigail questioned, causing Emma to roll her eyes.

"Oh my God, relax. It's not like we killed someone," Emma told her as she walked out the door with the bags.

"Alright... Well, I'm just gonna take another look around, make sure we didn't miss anything," Abigail called out.

"Go nuts!" the two heard Emma call out as she got to the bottom of the stairs. 

(Y/N) turned to look over at Abigail. "I'm gonna wait outside. You go nuts in here," (Y/N) told her before they walked out the door. 

Abigail smiled before she spotted something on one of the shelves. She walked over and saw it was Izzy's rabbit stuffed toy. "Aw... This was little Izzy's," she muttered as she picked it up off the shelf.

She turned it around and pulled the pull string. "I wanna play a game!" the rabbit's voice box said, causing Abigail to giggle with a small smile on her face.

"Let's get you back to Izzy," Abigail concluded before she took off her bag, unzipped it, put the rabbit inside, and zipped it back up. She walked out of the cabin after putting her bag back on.

(Y/N) looked up at the sound of Abigail's footsteps. "You ready to catch up with Emma?" they asked her.

Abigail nodded. "Yep. Let's go," Abigail told them before the two started walking towards the cart where Emma was waiting.

As they walked past the cabins, (Y/N) noticed something lying on the ground, which was a tape recording of something. "Dylan is not gonna be happy that the kids just left this here," (Y/N) commented as they picked up the tape and pressed play, only for the camp song to start playing.

The two chuckled before (Y/N) pressed the pause button. "How about we tell Chris about it when we see him?" (Y/N) asked as they turned to look at Abigail.

She nodded. "Yeah, that sounds good," Abigail told them. (Y/N) set the tape recorder back down before the two continued walking. The two walked past the large tree, only to see something changed to the carving Jacob and Emma did near the beginning of camp.

It read:

Jacob

+

Emma

4

E̶v̶e̶r̶

Summer

"Ouch. Let's hope Jacob hasn't seen this," Abigail commented.

(Y/N) nodded in agreement. "Agreed. He'd go bananas over this," they muttered in agreement as they crossed their arms.

Abigail noticed something poking out of a little nook in the tree. She stepped up on one of the roots to reach it. She pulled it down and she saw it was a small vial. She opened it before taking a sniff to see what it was, causing her to gag slightly. 

"Eugh! Eugh!" Abigail groaned in disgust as she closed the vial and put it back.

(Y/N) smiled comfortably at her. "Was it that bad?" they questioned.

Abigail nodded as she gagged again. "Yeah, horrible," Abigail told them, causing (Y/N) to chuckle at her expression.

"What is that? Is it Dylan's?" (Y/N) questioned as Abigail stepped back onto the ground.

"Eugh!" Abigail replied.

(Y/N) laughed slightly, causing Abigail to hit them in the arm. The two finally walked over to Emma, who was waiting for the two by the golf cart with the bags in the back.

She smiled at the two. "Ready to roll?" she asked.

"Let's do it," Abigail shrugged.

(Y/N) smiled. "Let's get this train 'a rolling," (Y/N) said as they hopped onto the back with the bags since there wasn't enough room in the front.

"Finally!" Emma cheered as she threw her hands into the air with a smile. She got into the passenger seat as Abigail got into the driver's seat.

Abigail started driving as (Y/N) grabbed onto the side. "Time to let loose and vamoose this caboose!" Emma mused, causing (Y/N) to look at her.

"How are you so..."

"Dramatic?" Emma questioned as she glanced back at them.

"Annoying? Confident," (Y/N) commented as they crossed their arms. 

Emma shrugged. "Eh... It's just acting. It's what the people want," Emma informed the two. 

Abigail raised an eyebrow as she glanced at her, mostly focusing on the road. "So you're faking it?" Abigail questioned.

"I mean, in a way... 'Faking it' is just being yourself... But louder. You two shoulder try it sometime, you never know who you might impress," Emma told the two.

"I'm sorry, are you trying to point me in the direction of 'faking it' to Nick?" (Y/N) questioned as they waved a hand around.

Emma smirked. "No, of course not. I'm just saying to put yourself out there more," she said.

Abigail sighed slightly. "Nah... It's too late now, anyway," Abigail informed Emma, causing her to look at Abigail.

"For what? You and Kaitlyn? You'll never know unless you put yourself out there," Emma told her before she looked ahead.

Suddenly, Abigail swerved in the road, avoiding a ditch in the road. Emma and (Y/N) exclaimed in surprise as she straighten the cart. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Nice steerin', Tex!" Emma complimented.

(Y/N) smiled at her as they patted her shoulder. "Nice work," they complimented her.

"... Jinkies... Okay, so... Hypothetically, if I were to 'put myself out there'... What if she just ends up being a dud? Kinda like you and Jacob," Abigail told Emma, who leaned back in her seat.

"Well... He was actually really sweet," Emma admitted, causing (Y/N) to look at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Then why'd you quit it?" they asked her.

Emma shrugged. "Summer fling! We're going to school like four states away. I- He gets it. And besides... He just can't seem to get (Y/N)'s pronouns right. Always calling them she/her. It kinda got on my nerves," Emma dismissed.

(Y/N) hummed in understanding, since they knew that Emma deserved better than Jacob. He's a total nut case and not it's because he keeps forgetting that they're Non-Binary, even though it gets on their nerves a lot. And they can tell it gets on Nick's nerves a lot as well.

They once saw/heard the two arguing about it... And that's when they found out that Jacob was kinda homophobic. Nick and Jacob's relationship definitely turned from good friends to disliking each other fast.

The only other people Nick and (Y/N) talked about this were Emma and Abigail, since they were both Bisexual. Emma was pissed and that was one of the reasons why she broke up with Jacob while Abigail started avoiding him if she could.

Nick also warned Dylan about Jacob to him without giving him a clear answer, since the four knew that Dylan was either Gay or Bisexual. Dylan was confused about why, but Nick wouldn't give him an answer.

Sure, (Y/N) accepted that some of the kids getting their pronouns wrong was bound to happen since most of them probably never heard about the LGBTQ+ community before, but when it came to Jacob, someone they told personality, it got on their nerves.

Back to the present, Abigail nodded at Emma's response. "True, true... I can understand that," Abigail informed her.

"But that's us. You and Kaitlyn... Could be different. Might be differe... Wait a second, how long have you and Nick been dating, (Y/N)?" Emma questioned as she turned back to look at them.

(Y/N) hummed before they tapped their head a few times. "I think... Well, we've been best friends since we were ten. And then a year later, he found out he was pansexual, so... We started dating back when we both were about to turn 15," (Y/N) explained to them.

Abigail's eyes widened in shock. "That long?! Jesus, how come he hasn't proposed yet?" she questioned.

(Y/N) shrugged. "He brought it up once. But we decided if he was to ever pop the question, it would be after college, if we were still together," (Y/N) explained to them.

Emma motioned to (Y/N). "See? If those two can have a healthy, three-and-a-half-year relationship. Then you can with Kaitlyn. Why don't you get her handle? Hit her up," Emma encouraged her.

Abigail held up one finger. "Okay, one. That's Nick's and (Y/N)'s relationship. If me and Kaitlyn were to get together, we might be completely different," Abigail stated before she held up a second finger. "And two, I already have her email. It's in the packet they gave to us on the first day,"

(Y/N) raised an eyebrow. "Email? Are you 93?" they questioned.

Abigail set her two fingers back on the wheel as she looked generally confused. "What's wrong with email?" she asked with a small laugh.

The three fell silent as Abigail continued driving. Emma sighed sadly before she glanced over at Abigail and (Y/N). "I'm really gonna miss you two. So much," she told the two.

Abigail and (Y/N) smiled in return before the two turned their attention back to the road. They came up to a cross path between the lodge and towards the fire pit.

Suddenly, Emma started patting Abigail's arm, signaling her to stop the cart. "Oh! Hold up," she told her before she pointed down the fire pit trail.

Abigail looked at her confused. "Oh, but the lodge is that way..." Abigail trailed off, motioning down the lodge path.

"Go right here," Emma instructed as she brought her hand down to her lap.

"Why?" Abigail questioned as she brought her hand down to the wheel.

"C'mon. Scenic route. One last victory lap around the camp," Emma told her as she danced slightly in her seat.

Abigail hummed in thought before she looked back at (Y/N). "What do you think, (Y/N)? Up for one more lap around camp?" Abigail asked them.

(Y/N) thought for a few seconds. "I really wanna get back to Nick before he fucking chews Jacob out, as much as I dislike the guy... But, I wanna spend as much time away from him as possible before we get in the tight van, so... Why not?" they said.

Abigail turned back to the wheel before she drove down the scenic route, as Emma would call it. "Yes! Thank you, (Y/N)," Emma cheerfully stated before she held her hand out towards (Y/N), wanting a high-five. (Y/N) smiled back before they high-fived her.

"Sure. What's the victory?" Abigail asked her.

"Two months, no technology," Emma stated.

(Y/N) shrugged. "I kinda thought it was nice to be offline. Keeping away from Tik Tok and Instagram and all that," (Y/N) admitted, causing Emma to look at them in horror.

"Why not?! They're great, why don't you like them?" Emma questioned.

"They are until you get homophobic assholes commenting on your posts every day that gets kind of annoying and lowers your self-confidence a bit," (Y/N) explained with no emotion in their voice.

Emma hummed in understanding. "Point," Emma commented.

"But, (Y/N) does have a point. I kinda thought it was nice to be offline," Abigail agreed.

Emma groaned at her response. "Ugh, I didn't. Plus, my subs need me," Emma dramatically commented.

Abigail smiled as she glanced at Emma from the corner of her eye. "You know what? I actually believe you," Abigail told her.

Emma turned to look at her with a smile, but a small smirk hidden under it. "Abi... Was that a compliment?" Emma teased, causing (Y/N) to smirk as well.

"I think it was, my good madam," (Y/N) also teased as they rested their arms on the seats in front of them.

Abigail shrugged. "Your charm is infectious, what can I say? I'd subscribe," Abigail told her, causing Emma to giggle slightly at this comment.

"So would I. I'll do it when I finally get signal back. And don't worry, I'll make sure Nick does it too," (Y/N) told her, causing Emma to smile at them.

"You better. As soon as you get home: Sub, share, smash that like button! The holy trinity!" Emma cheered.

Abigail sighed slightly. "Okay, well now I'm really regretting it," Abigail joked.

"Oh, no. You love me," Emma said in a baby voice before she giggled. Emma started making kissing noises at her.

(Y/N) laughed at the two's banter. "Oh, my god. What did I do to get such good friends?" they questioned, causing Emma and Abigail to laugh at their comment.

Abigail pulled up to the fire pit, causing Emma to nudge Abigail in the side before patting (Y/N)'s arm. "My favorite spot," Emma grinned as she looked ahead.

Abigail and (Y/N) exchanged a look. "The fire pit?" the two questioned in unison.

Emma rolled her eyes slightly. "The island! Mad secluded, right?" Emma questioned.

(Y/N) shrugged slightly. "You gotta point there," (Y/N) commented before they spotted smoke rising from the island. "Is... Is that smoke?" (Y/N) questioned, causing the three to look at the smoke.

"Huh... Should we tell someone?" Abigail asked her friends.

"Hmm... It looks pretty contained. It's probably just Mr. H burning some stuff before... You know, he closes the camp for the summer," Emma guessed.

"Yeah, speaking of which... We should- We should probably, you know, get back," Abigail commented.

(Y/N) nodded in agreement. "Yeah, Jacob might convince the others to leave without us," (Y/N) said, causing Emma to look over at the two.

"True... But you two worried that Nick and Kaitlyn are... Y'know... Gonna leave without you two?" Emma questioned.

"Well, no. They're probably, like, all waiting for us," Abigail defended.

Emma smiled, not believing them. "Mmm hmm," she hummed.

"Everyone's waiting for us," Abigail defended again.

"Everyone yeah. Nick, Kaitlyn, waiting for you two... All... Everyone. Same," Emma teased.

Abigail rolled her eyes playfully before she turned the cart down the path, heading back to camp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Abigail pulled up to the lodge and the three got out of the cart. They grabbed their bags before walking over to the group as they stood near the van. (Y/N) groaned slightly. "Great... Gonna have to deal with Jacob..." they muttered to themselves as they got close to the group.

Emma smiled at (Y/N) once she heard their comment. "You'll live. I'm pretty sure Nick, Abi, and I will knock him down a peg if he tries anything," Emma reassured them.

Abigail nodded in agreement. "Yeah," she added.

(Y/N) smiled at the pair. "Thanks, you two... It means a lot," they told them.

Emma and Abigail stood opposite the four as they dropped their bags to the ground. (Y/N) caught Nick's eye, who was looking at them with a smile, causing them to smile back. "Hey, Nicky!" they greeted as they stood in between him and Dylan.

Dylan smiled at the two as he stepped back to give the two some room. Abigail looked to her right and saw Kaitlyn already looking at her. 

Abigail gave her a shy wave. "Hey Kaitlyn," she greeted.

"Hey, Abi. Where were you guys?" Kaitlyn greeted back, along with a question.

Emma smirked as she nudged Abigail slightly. "Wouldn't you like to know..." Emma teased.

Abigail slapped Emma slightly on the shoulder. "Ignore her, please!" Abigail told them.

Kaitlyn sighed slightly at the two's banter. "Let's gooo!" Kaitlyn told the group.

Nick turned to look at his partner. "Do you..." he trailed off, motioning to their bag.

(Y/N) blushed at his request. "Uh, yeah... Thanks, Nicky," they thanked as Nick took their bag. 

"No problem, honey," Nick told them. He quickly kissed them on the cheek before walking over to the van.

"You guys are so sweet, it's giving me cavities," Dylan whispered/joked to (Y/N). They scoffed slightly before nudging him slightly, causing Dylan to laugh.

Emma bent down to pick up her bag. "Just gotta get these bags up onto the-"

"Oh, hey, oh, here, let me um... Let me get them for you," Jacob told her, reaching for her bag, but Emma pulled it up before he could even land a finger on it.

"I can take care of my own bag, thank you," Emma dismissed.

Jacob stood back up. "Wha- Are you sure? 'Cause I mean, it's not really that big of a deal-"

"Emma can take care of her own bag, thank you, Jacob," (Y/N) sassed as they crossed their arms.

Jacob turned to slightly glare at them, causing them to glare back at him. Nick turned his head slightly, watching to see if Jacob would do something that he would regret. 

Emma, seeing what was happening, rolled her eyes. "We can both take care of our own bag, thank you," Emma replied, causing Jacob to look back at her as (Y/N) smiled triumphantly. 

Emma put her bag over her shoulder as she walked over to the van.

"Cool..." Jacob muttered, face looking like a hurt puppy.

Emma set her bag down in the van as Nick turned to look at her. "Thanks... Didn't want Jacob to go all out on them again," Nick whispered/thanked.

Emma smiled in return. "No problem. I'm getting sick of Jacob not respecting (Y/N)'s pronouns and who they are as a person," Emma reassured him. 

She gave him a slight nudge before walking back over to where she was standing.

Nick turned around to see Kaitlyn eyeing Abigail, who was adjusting her bag. Nick smirked as he leaned over and nudged her. 

Kaitlyn looked at him. "What?" she whispered/questioned.

He nodded his head over to Abigail. She looked over at her. "Oh..." Kaitlyn muttered before she walked over to Abigail. Nick nodded in approval as he walked back over to (Y/N).

Abigail turned to look at Kaitlyn as she stood in front of her. "Abi, do you want me to take your bag...?" Kaitlyn questioned, pointing to the van behind her.

Abigail blushed as she nodded. "Yeah!" she responded with a smile.

Kaitlyn held her hand towards the bag. "Can I...?" she questioned, motioning to the bag.

Abigail nodded as she dropped it to the ground. Kaitlyn picked it up before walking over to the van. "Thank you," Abigail thanked.

Kaitlyn nodded in response before she walked over to the van. (Y/N) smiled as Nick stood next to them with a proud look on their face. "Nice work, Nick," they praised them.

Nick turned his head slightly. "Just helping their relationship as much as possible, seeing if they'll do something," Nick brushed it off.

(Y/N) rolled their eyes slightly in response before they grabbed his hand, intertwining their fingers together. Nick's smile grew as he squeezed back.

Kaitlyn put Abigail's bag in the van as she realized something. She turned to look at the group. "Hey, has anyone seen Ryan?" she questioned as she walked over to stand next to Abigail.

A goofy smile appeared on Dylan's face. "Oh yeah. He's probably off being all brooding and mysterious and alluring somewhere..." Dylan joked, causing (Y/N) to chuckle in response.

"I'm here,"

The group all looked over to see Ryan who was walking over to them from under the lodge, phone in hand. "What were you doing under there?" (Y/N) questioned as they raised an eyebrow.

"Let me guess? Having a little 'me party?'" Kaitlyn guessed/teased.

Ryan shook his head slightly. "Uh... I was listening to a podcast, actually," Ryan informed her.

Dylan nodded. "Oh, podcast, nice. That's cool," Dylan muttered, but everyone heard him. 

(Y/N) smiled at his attempts. They always knew how much Dylan swooned over that boy. It was so painfully obvious that those two had feelings for each other. It's weird that feelings for two people are so obvious to everyone around them, except for those two people who are in love with each other.

It was the same thing with Nick and (Y/N) when the two thought that the other didn't like each other back. Boy, how wrong they were.

(Y/N) was snapped out of their thoughts when Kaitlyn asked. "What's it about?"

Dylan smiled even more. "Yeah, what's it about? Is it about me?" Dylan joked/flirted.

Ryan looked at him confused and slightly amused. "You think I was listening to a podcast... About you?" he questioned.

Kaitlyn held up her hands. "Okay, if anyone here had a podcast about them, it'd be me," Kaitlyn told the group.

Dylan looked over at her. "Yeah, if there was a podcast called 'How to Look and Smell like a Butt,'" Dylan told her/joked.

Kaitlyn let out a small laugh in disbelief. "Oh my God. You are so childish," Kaitlyn told him.

Dylan shrugged. "At least I don't look and smell like a butt..." Dylan told her, causing Ryan to chuckle as Jacob snickered.

"No, it's- it's a... Paranormal podcast. This episode was actually about this place, weirdly enough. The Hag of Hackett's Quarry," Ryan told them.

"The who of the whatsit where now?" Kaitlyn questioned.

"Yeah, what in the hell is the Hag of Hackett's Quarry?" (Y/N) asked as they put a hand on their hips.

Dylan glanced back and forth between the two. "You two don't know about the Hag of Hackett's Quarry?" Dylan questioned.

(Y/N) sighed as they rubbed their face. "Uh, if we did, would we be asking, Mr. DJ dumbass Dylan?" they said while raising an eyebrow.

Dylan hummed in response before he looked back over to Ryan. "Tell them about the Hag of Hackett's Quarry!" Dylan told him.

Ryan shrugged with a small smile. "I don't think they want to hear about the Hag of Hackett's Quarry," Ryan responded.

Kaitlyn groaned as she held up her hands. "Can we just please stop saying 'The Hag of Hackett's Quarry,'" Kaitlyn demanded, annoyed by their behavior.

"It's just this campfire story for the kids. It's um... There's supposedly an old woman who died in a fire a few years back. She haunts the woods looking for her lost baby boy. There are like reports of whispers, or whatever, and this figure that floats around... You know, textbook ghost stuff. Some people say that if she catches you alone, she'll try to turn you into her son or kill you or something. I dunno... It's never really been clear. Anyways, Hag of Hackett's Quarry," Ryan explained to them before he did some jazz hands at the end.

"Y-You made that up," Kaitlyn stuttered slightly.

Ryan held up his phone. "It's right here in the podcast, man," Ryan told them.

Jacob rolled his eyes. "Cool story, bro," Jacob sarcastically stated before chuckling slightly.

Nick scoffed slightly. "Well, no one asked your opinion," Nick mumbled, causing (Y/N) to giggle as Jacob glared at him.

"Seriously though, you should've seen the first time he told the story to the kids at the campfire. They were scarred for life," Dylan informed them.

Ryan glanced over at him. "I mean, not for life," Ryan told Dylan.

He shrugged. "You got to be careful with this stuff man. That shit's true," Dylan told the group.

Jacob threw his head back. "C'mon, dude! Bullshit!" Jacob told him.

"What's the hold up, Hacketteers?"

The group looked up to see Chris Hackett, standing on the balcony of the lodge with a mug in his hand.

Jacob waved up to him. "Heya- Yeah- uh, nearly done, Mr. H!" Jacob called up to him.

"Hop to it! Get those butts in gear!" Chris called down to them.

"Sorry Mr. H, we had to liberate some luggage," Emma called to him, muttering the last part.

Abigail and (Y/N) looked at her. "Shut up!" Abigail whispered to her.

"Maybe if someone didn't spend so much time trying to impress the ladies with all his ghost stories..." Kaitlyn trailed off.

Ryan looked at her in confusion. "You asked!" he shouted at her.

Chris tilted his head in interest. "Ghost stories?" he questioned.

"The mysterious Hag of Hackett's Quarry," (Y/N) told him, doing little finger movements with their fingers.

Kaitlyn put her hands on her head. "Ugh!" she groaned in annoyance.

"Ah," Chris muttered.

(Y/N) snapped their fingers. "Do you still have the van key, Mr. H?" they asked him.

Chris nodded. "Why, yes I do!" he told them before he patted his pockets, realizing that he didn't have his keys on him. "You know, I'd lose my head if it wasn't stuck on! Back to the office, I go," he added before he started walking over to the door, but paused to look down at Ryan.

"Give me a hand, would ya Ryan?" Chris asked him.

Ryan nodded slowly. "Oh, okay..." Ryan responded before he walked over to the stairs.

Dylan stepped forward. "Yo, Mr. H!" Dylan called out, causing Chris to look down on him.

"What's up, DJ Dylan?" Chris asked him.

"Any chance I can get a little charge? I wanna have some tunes for the road," Dylan asked him.

"Ah, no can do," Chris dismissed.

"Cool, cool, yeah. No worries," Dylan brushed off, but you can tell with his tone that he's disappointed.

"Good man," Chris told him.

Ryan paused at the stairs to look back at Dylan. "Uh, no big deal. You can share my earbuds," he told him. Dylan smiled giddily before he walked back to the group.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The group talked about some random things while they waited for Chris Hackett and Ryan to come back with the keys. Soon, after about ten minutes of waiting and talking, they finally left the lodge and came walking down the steps.

The group turned to look at them as Dylan seemed to realize something. "Wait, how did you get your phone back before the rest of us?" he questioned as Ryan walked up to him.

Ryan leaned closer to him, causing Dylan to blush. "It's cos' I never turned it in..." Ryan whispered to him.

He walked away as Chris stood next to him. "You should'a turned it off before you handed it in, Dylan. Them's the rules, ya noob!" Chris tried to sound like a youngster but came off kinda cringe. 

He walked away towards the minivan and he handed Jacob the key to the van.

Dylan just watched him walk away with a slightly weirded-out face as he threw his hands out to the side. "I try not to dwell on the past, man!" Dylan informed him.

Chris turned back to look at him as Jacob walked over to the driver's seat. "Good, 'cause it's time to dwell on the minivan and get on with our respective lives! Move it, let's go!" Chris told the group as Jacob gets into the van.

(Y/N) looked up at Nick. "Do you think we could sit next to each other on the way back?" they asked him.

Nick smiled down at them. "Is that even a question? Of course, (Y/N)," he told them, causing them to blush.

They rested their head on his shoulder. "Thanks, Nicky," they mumbled before they yawned slightly, causing Nick to chuckle at their adorableness.

Jacob tried to start up the engine, but it failed to start. Chris walked up to the door with a worried look on his face. "What's the problem?" Chris asked him.

"Ugh... Dude, I don't know. I-I think there's something wrong with the engine, Mr. H," Jacob informed him, suspiciously. 

(Y/N) narrowed their eyes. "I don't think that's the case..." they muttered, causing Nick to look at them confused.

"What do you mean?" he whispered/asked them.

(Y/N) motioned to the van. "He sounded too giddy... To suspicious... I think he did something to mess up the van," (Y/N) whispered back to him.

Nick raised an eyebrow in confusion before looking back over to the van, making sure to keep an eye out for Jacob's tone of voice. 

"Yeah, I can see that," Chris told Jacob as he tried to turn the van on but kept failing.

Jacob shrugged as he stopped turning the key. "Yeah dude, it's just like... Kaput!" he said.

Chris shook his head in disbelief as Ryan stepped forward. "Alright, lemme try," Ryan offered.

Jacob looked at him in disbelief. "What? Dude, I'm telling you alright, it's busted!" Jacob informed him in a snarky tone.

"Well, maybe you're doing it wrong-"

"Duh! 'Well, maybe you're doing it wrong!'" Jacob mocked him.

Nick narrowed his eyes in suspicion, staring to think that his partner was right. 

Ryan, on the other hand, was annoyed severally at Jacob. "The fuck, dude?" Ryan exclaimed.

Chris stepped forward, putting a hand on the door handle. "Enough! Enough, both of you!" Chris told them, causing the two to fall quiet. Chris opened the door. "Shit. Come on, come on let's go!" Chris told Jacob.

"Alright dude, chill! Chill dude," Jacob exclaimed as he hopped out of the van, with Chris hopping in after Jacob got out.

Chris turned the key, the engine failing to turn on. "Dammit! I thought I told you kids to check everything!" Chris yelled out.

Kaitlyn stared at the van, confused about why it didn't start. "We did! It- It should be working!" she yelled.

Jacob glanced back, staring at Emma with a small smile on his face, that Nick and (Y/N) spotted. "I think you might be right, honey," Nick whispered to (Y/N).

"Should we tell the others?" (Y/N) asked him.

Nick shook his head. "Later..." Nick whispered to them, who nodded back in response.

"Yeah, well... Coulda and shoulda doesn't mean it is, does it?" Chris yelled back before he tried to start the van again. "Dammit!" he yelled as the van failed to start for the fourth time. He took a deep breath before he hopped out of the van and shut the door.

"Okay. Okay..." he muttered, seemingly trying to calm himself down.

"Well, uh- Look it's not that big of deal, okay, we'll just spend one more night here," Jacob tried to reassure him.

Chris turned to look at him. "No- NO. Just stop. Let me think," he told him. Chris paced around for a few seconds before he walked to the hood of the van. He opened it and slammed it down, crying out in frustration.

He took a few deep breaths. "Okay. Dammit. You're right. You're right, yeah. Yeah, you're right," Chris muttered, causing Ryan to look at him confused.

"What?" he questioned, shocked that Chris was taking Jacob's side.

Chris tossed Ryan the keys and he caught them. Chris started walking over to his van before looking back at Ryan. "Hey, Ryan. Come here for a sec," Chris called him.

Ryan followed him over as Chris got into the vehicle. Ryan joined him around the side. "Make sure that everybody is inside the lodge for tonight. Lock the doors. No one in, no one out. No one. Got it?" Chris asked him.

Ryan nodded slowly. "Okay..." he muttered in response.

"I'll be back first thing in the morning, and we'll get you on the road. You just have to keep everyone inside. Can you promise me you'll do that?" Chris asked him.

"Yeah... Sure. We'll stay inside," Ryan told him.

Chris nodded in thanks. "'Atta boy," he muttered to him. He turned the key and started reversing backward. "Lock the doors! And for God's sake keep the noise down!" he shouted to the others. He drove down the driveway, leaving the confused kids behind.

"So... What was that about?" Dylan questioned as Ryan walked back over to the group.

"He uh... Said to stay inside. That we're not leaving until the morning," Ryan explained to the group.

"Are... You kidding me?" Emma questioned.

Jacob gained a huge grin as he stared at Emma. "Em..." he said, full of giddiness.

Nick and (Y/N) exchanged a knowing look, finally confirming to themselves that he was the one who sabotaged the van. 

"Are you kidding me?! What are we supposed to do?" Emma questioned, ignoring what Jacob said.

"Well, we should go inside. Like he said," Ryan told her.

Dylan shrugged. "We could go inside. Until morning..." Dylan trailed off.

"Yeah," Ryan responded.

"Or... Or we could do something else," Dylan added, a smile growing on his face.

Ryan shook his head. "No, no, no. No- No- No- No. We should really listen to what Chris told us to do," he insisted.

Jacob rolled his eyes. "Of course," he muttered, annoyed by Ryan's behavior.

"Ugh, who cares what Chris told us to do? He's not our boss anymore! P. A. R. T... Why the fuck not? Alright, it seems like the stars have aligned for us. No?" Dylan suggested.

Kaitlyn nodded, liking the idea. "Okay, okay, okay..." she said.

"One last epic bonfire blowout of all time," Dylan added.

"Oh, dude. Fuck yes! I'm in. Nick, you're in," Jacob said, motioning to Nick.

Nick crossed his arms. "Who said you could decide for me?" he questioned. 

Emma and Abigail looked at Jacob with a slight glare while Kaitlyn, Ryan, and Dylan watched the two in confusion.

"Okay, what the hell happened between you two? You were fine for the first two weeks of camp and then... It's just this, every time you're in the same area as each other," Kaitlyn questioned.

Nick glared at Jacob for a few seconds before looking over at Kaitlyn. "Nothing happened. But... I'm in," he told the group.

Jacob smiled before he looked at (Y/N). "Is she in? (Y/N) in for this?" Jacob questioned, causing Nick to clear his throat with a glare while (Y/N) looked to the ground in annoyance.

Jacob rolled his eyes slightly. "Sorry. Them. Are they in?" he spat out.

"I'm in..." they muttered.

Jacob nodded before his smile returned almost immediately, looking up at Dylan. "Dylan's in. Obviously. My man. Kaitlyn?" he asked.

Kaitlyn looked between him, Nick, and (Y/N) in suspicion for a few seconds before she held up her hands. "I go where my people need me," Kaitlyn responded.

"Yeah. Okay... Em, what do you say?" Jacob asked her.

Emma sighed at Jacob's attempt to cover up messing up (Y/N)'s pronouns. "Yeah, I'm in," she spits out, rolling her eyes at him.

Abigail crossed her arms as she narrowed her eyes to Jacob. "Mr. Hackett seemed pretty insistent we stay in the lodge," Abigail told him.

"He was just trying to freak us out. You know, like um... Like one of Ryan's stupid ghost stories," Jacob commented, pointing to Ryan.

(Y/N) crossed their arms. "Why in the hell would he want to scare?" (Y/N) questioned.

"I'm sure he's just looking out for us. No big deal," Ryan supported, but Dylan took it the wrong way.

"Alright. Yeah! Party!" Dylan cheered.

Ryan looked at him confused. "No, I didn't mean-"

He was cut off when Dylan held up his hand. "High five- Touch my hand, Ryan," Dylan told him with a goofy smile.

Ryan stared at him for a few seconds before sighing. "Fine..." he muttered as he high-fived Dylan.

"Yes!" Kaitlyn and Dylan cheered in unison.

"But I just wanna go on record and say that this is a bad idea," Ryan reminded them.

Jacob rolled his eyes. "Oh my God, dude," Jacob groaned.

"Ugh," Kaitlyn muttered.

"Ugh..." Dylan groaned dramatically as he leaned forward. (Y/N) shook their head, amused before pulling him up so he could stand up properly.

Dylan nudged them slightly before he stepped towards Ryan. "It's gonna be fine, man. Trust me. It's gonna be chill," Dylan reassured him, causing Ryan to smile at him.

Jacob clapped his hands together. "Alright, alright, alright, Hacketteers! Party planning committee. Let's do this! Um, okay. First things first. Nick and Abi... You go get some firewood-"

"Um, actually, I'd like (Y/N) to come with me if that's alright if Abi?" Nick asked as he grabbed (Y/N)'s hand.

Abigail nodded. "Yeah, it's fine," she said, glancing shyly over to Kaitlyn.

Jacob rolled his eyes. "Fine. Nick and (Y/N)... You guys go get some firewood. Uh... Emma and I will go to the stores to get some supplies," he continued before smiling shyly, causing Emma to roll her eyes when he wasn't looking.

"Kaitlyn and Abi, you two go down to the fire pit and get everything ready there. And, uh, Dylan, you just... I don't know, figure out how to charge the phones or something..." Jacob told him, causing Dylan to nod slowly.

"Alright, let's do this!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) and Nick walked through the woods with small sticks in their arms. "This would be a lot easier with Mr. H's chainsaw," Nick commented.

(Y/N) shrugged. "It's really very pretty out here when there's no kids around," they commented as they smiled up at Nick.

"They can get kinda obnoxious, huh?" Nick said, causing (Y/N) to nod in agreement.

"Yeah," they muttered.

"They always seemed to listen to you during your nature walks," Nick commented, causing (Y/N) to look at him confused.

"You've seen my walks?" they asked, surprised.

The only time's Nick and (Y/N) had seen each other during camp were mostly at mealtimes, but sometimes they would walk around the camp at night for about an hour. It was understaffed so everyone had to work extra shifts, so they didn't spend much time together. So it explains why they were surprised that Nick had even seen their classes.

Nick blushed as he glanced to the side. "Just walking by..." he trailed off.

(Y/N) set a hand on their hip. "My nature's walks are all the way, out the way. And we're mostly in the middle of the woods," (Y/N) informed him.

Nick shrugged. "Yeah, well there's this shortcut that I take that goes by where you normally go..." he dismissed. 

(Y/N) smiled at him as the two came to a sign that show the way to two different paths. "Which way should we go?" Nick asked.

(Y/N) motioned to the sign with their head. "Well, my knight in shining armor... Why don't you choose?" they told him.

Nick chuckled. "Alright, honey... How about we go down Rocky Road?" Nick said, pointing down the trail.

"Good choice. Better sticks this way," (Y/N) said as the two started walking down the trail.

Nick looked at them with a raised eyebrow. "'Better sticks?'" he questioned.

(Y/N) nodded slowly. "Yeah... For burning... What were you thinking about?" they questioned as they walked down some steps.

Nick blushed heavily as he looked away. "Nothing, nothing," he mumbled quickly while (Y/N) bent down to pick up a stick. Nick cleared his throat as he did the same thing.

They walked down some more steps as (Y/N) looked down at the sticks in their hands. "Think we got enough?" they questioned.

Nick looked down at his own sticks. "Uhh... Not yet," Nick told them.

(Y/N) looked at them with a raised eyebrow. "You don't wanna meet up with Jacob again, don't you?" they questioned.

Nick stared at them. "Wha- No, why do you... Ugh! Yeah," he mumbled.

"You can't let him get on your bad side. I dislike him just as much as you do," (Y/N) reminded him.

Nick waved his hand around. "I know, I know. I just hate the fact that he keeps forgetting your pronouns! Sometimes I think he does it on purpose," Nick ranted.

(Y/N) sighed. "Wouldn't surprise me," (Y/N) commented.

"I know. I just wish he would grow a head and stop already," Nick complained.

"How about we stop talking about him," (Y/N) suggested.

Nick nodded in agreement. "Agreed," he muttered.

The two continued their way down the path, picking up a few sticks along the way. After a few minutes of silence, the two came across a sign.

It read:

Danger!

Falling rocks

Nick looked over at his partner, unsure. "Are you sure this is safe?" Nick asked them.

(Y/N) turned to look at him, amused. "What, are you scared?" (Y/N) teased.

"No, are you?" Nick teased back, his Australian accent becoming clearer.

"No?" (Y/N) muttered before they continued to walk down the trail.

Nick smirked. "You so are!" he teased as he caught up to them.

(Y/N) blushed as they nudged Nick in the side, causing him to laugh. "I'm not, Nicky!" (Y/N) cried out.

Nick shrugged. "Whatever you say, honey," Nick told them, causing them to blush at the nickname.

The ended up walking in silence down the path, glancing at each other when the other wasn't looking. Nick sighed slightly before he glanced up at the sun. "So, you ever think about what's next?" Nick asked them.

(Y/N) smirked. "Like... After we die? That's heavy stuff, man," (Y/N) joked.

Nick looked at them, catching onto their joke. "No. I mean, like... In the future," Nick blushed as he rubbed the back of his neck.

(Y/N) blushed as the two stopped walking. "Yeah... Sometimes... Okay, all the time. It's kinda overwhelming," (Y/N) admitted.

Nick nodded in agreement. "I know what you mean... Sometimes I just try to like... Let it happen, y'know?" Nick told them, causing (Y/N) to look at him confused.

"Huh? Nicky, what are you even talking about?" they asked him.

"You know, like... Whatever happens, is what was meant to happen," Nick informed them, motioning his hand between the both of them.

(Y/N) smiled sweetly at him. "Like it's all predetermined... Fate... Like us being together," (Y/N) told him as they blushed.

"Maybe... But who knows? I'm not sure we're supposed to know," Nick informed them.

(Y/N) nodded in agreement. "Yeah. Fate just seems so... Convenient," (Y/N) commented, causing Nick to raise an eyebrow.

"How so?" he asked them.

"Because if it's all predetermined and you do something terrible, then you have the excuse of saying 'Well, it wasn't really me, because everything's been pre-planned and then I'm not really in control of my actions, am I?'" (Y/N) ranted.

"I never really thought about it like that before," Nick commented.

"I mean- Well, it's totally okay if you believe that," (Y/N) reassured him.

"Yeah. No. Totally... I think it shows an interesting light on the subject," Nick told them, causing (Y/N) to raise an eyebrow.

"Yeah?" they questioned, causing Nick to nod.

"Yeah," Nick replied.

They continued down the path, talking while exchanging a few laughs. They walked down a few sets of stairs before they got to another path. Nick picked up another stick as the two got to a large log.

(Y/N) smiled as they walked over to the fence. "I know where we are" (Y/N) said in excitement.

Nick smiled at their energy. "Yeah?" he asked.

(Y/N) nodded before they walked over to Nick, holding out the sticks. "Up here! Can you hold these, Nicky?" they asked him.

Nick nodded as he took the sticks from them. "Yeah, sure, honey," Nick told them.

(Y/N) smiled at him thankfully before they walked over to the log and took their camera off around their neck. "This view is just... Wow," (Y/N) commented before they held up their camera to take a few photos.

"You know, you really good when it comes to this stuff," Nick complimented them.

(Y/N) blushed sheepishly as they lowered their camera from their eye. "No... No. This is nothing," they waved him off.

"I'm not joking, (Y/N). I'm not just saying that," Nick told them as he stepped closer to them.

"Well, I'm just taking a few pictures so I can edit them when we get back home. Then I can add them to my board for my portfolio for the university we're going to," (Y/N) explained to him.

"You know, it's really cool you know that about yourself," Nick told them as they put their camera around their neck.

"What do you mean by that, Nick?" they asked him.

"I mean... Not everyone knows what they're capable of, you know?" Nick told them.

"Nicky, you're capable of a lot of things," (Y/N) told him as they set their hands on the log.

Nick shrugged. "I mean, of course. I just... Don't know what," Nick admitted.

"Nicky, you're great at a lot of things. I'm sure you'll figure it out. Besides, I'll be here to help you out," they informed him.

Nick smiled back while dropping the sticks on the ground and sat down next to them. He set a hand on theirs, causing (Y/N) to blush as they laid their head on his shoulder.

"This... This is nice," they admitted.

Nick hummed in agreement. "Yeah... Yeah, it is," he mumbled back with a grin.

Suddenly, they heard rustling behind them. (Y/N) jumped slightly, lifting their head up. "Did you hear that?" they questioned.

Nick shook his head. "It's probably nothing," he tried to reassure them.

(Y/N) shook their head. "No, listen! There's something there!" (Y/N) told them as they heard a noise.

The two got off the log as a baby boar walked out of the bushes. (Y/N) smiled at it. "Oh! Look!" they gushed as the two stepped closer to get a closer look.

"Oh. It's so tiny," Nick commented.

"Eee!" (Y/N) squealed in adorableness as they kneeled down in front of it. The boar stared up at them as they started patting its forehead.

Nick walked up to the two as (Y/N) looked up at him. "Oh my God, he's so cute!" they gushed as he smiled at them.

Suddenly, Nick heard something coming from the bushes. "Oh- Hold on. Hold on," Nick muttered as he crept slowly towards the bush.

Suddenly, the mom boar jumped out of the bushes, causing Nick to push (Y/N) away as he fell to the ground. (Y/N) got up from the ground as they ran away from the mom boar chased them away. "Nicky!" they cried as they hid behind a tree.

The mom boar sniffed around Nick as he lay still, playing dead. After a minute, the mom boar walked away, causing Nick to get up and run over to (Y/N).

Nick sighed in relief as (Y/N) giggled at his face. "Oh, jeez. That was close," Nick commented as (Y/N) kept giggling, holding themselves up. "That thing almost just mauled me to death," Nick told them as (Y/N)'s giggling turned into laughter.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry," they apologized as their laughter calmed down. Nick brushed the dirt off his arms as (Y/N) looked towards the baby and mom boar. "Oh, little baby-hog," (Y/N) commented before they giggled slightly.

The mom and baby boar walked away. Nick smiled at them. "Least we gave her a good story to tell her pig-husband," Nick told them.

(Y/N) raised an eyebrow. "How do you know it was the mummy pig?" they asked him.

"I got a pretty good look..." Nick joked.

(Y/N) looked at him in shock. "Ew?! Nicky!" (Y/N) exclaimed in disgust.

"Think she was coming onto me," Nick added/joked.

(Y/N) smirked in response. "Aw, you got yourself a little better partner," they grumbled as they crossed their arms.

Nick's smirk faded. "No... (Y/N)-"

"No, it's fine. I know when boars are better than me," they joked as they stepped forward a bit, but Nick didn't catch on that they were joking.

"Honey, I'm sorry!" Nick apologized.

(Y/N) giggled, causing Nick to look at them in confusion. "I'm just joking, Nicky. Don't worry," they told him.

Nick glared at them playfully as he walked up to them, nudging them in the side, causing them to giggle.

The two walked back to the log to pick up their sticks. After grabbing them, (Y/N) turned to Nick before wrapping their free arm around Nick's neck, pulling him into a kiss.

Nick kissed back immediately, closing his eyes with a hum. He wrapped his free hand around their waist as he pulled them closer. (Y/N) tilted their head, pressing more into the kiss.

The two pulled apart when they needed to get some air back into their lungs. "Guess we should head back..." Nick muttered as he set his forehead against (Y/N)'s.

They frowned slightly. "Do we have to...? We'll have to deal with Jacob," (Y/N) whispered.

Nick chuckled as the two pulled apart. "I know, I know... But I'm sure the others will be waiting for us," he told them.

(Y/N) sighed before nodding slowly. "Alright, let's go... But it was nice getting some alone time with you," (Y/N) admitted with a blush as they walked down the path.

Nick nodded in agreement as he grabbed their hand, interlocking his fingers with them. (Y/N) smiled as the two walked down the path.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) and Nick walked over to the fire pit to see Dylan on his phone, Ryan sitting on a log, and Kaitlyn and Abigail were both standing together, talking. 

The two spotted (Y/N) and Nick walking over. "Nick! (Y/N)! Just in time," Kaitlyn said as she and Abigail stood in front of them.

Nick and (Y/N) stood next to one of the tents. "We got wood!" (Y/N) informed the two.

Kaitlyn smiled at them. "Nice! But we've already done that joke..." she told them.

"It's mostly just kindling," Nick informed the two.

Abigail waved them off. "That's fine. There's already a big pile of logs here," Abigail informed them, motioning to the fire pit.

"Okay, that's good news. We could've gotten more, but we had a little trouble with a hog... Or boar, probably boar. But Nicky was very brave and took one for the team," (Y/N) informed the two.

Kaitlyn and Abigail looked at the two, concerned. "Uh... Are you sure you guys are okay? Nobody got gored?" Kaitlyn questioned.

(Y/N) smiled while shaking their head. "No, we're okay," (Y/N) reassured the two.

"It wasn't a bullfight or anything," Nick agreed.

Abigail stepped forward. "Do you guys want me to take the sticks to the pit?" she asked the two.

(Y/N) nodded slightly. "If that's alright with you," (Y/N) told her as Abigail took the sticks from them.

Kaitlyn stepped forward. "I got yours, Nick. Thanks for grabbing them," Kaitlyn thanked the two as she and Abigail walked over to the fire pit with the sticks.

Suddenly, they heard a gunshot go off, causing everyone to jump. (Y/N) grabbed onto Nick's arm as they looked to see Emma and Jacob walking over with items for tonight. "Special delivery," Emma called out.

Jacob stopped the wheelbarrow in front of Nick and (Y/N). Kaitlyn walked back over to the group as she spotted Emma holding a gun. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Where the hell did that gun come from?" she questioned.

Jacob looked at her. "Uh- dude relax! Okay, it's not even real," Jacob lied, but Kaitlyn looked like she didn't believe it for a second.

"Uhhh..." she trailed off with a knowing expression.

Jacob sighed. "Well- I mean, it's a real gun but it's just for shooting bears," he explained.

"We found it in the storage room," Emma told her.

Kaitlyn just stared at the two, raising an eyebrow. Jacob sighed. "Okay fine, fine. We'll put it down," Jacob told her.

Kaitlyn nodded in approval. "Thank you. Guns are no joke, dipshit," Kaitlyn told him.

Jacob kneeled behind the wheelbarrow as Nick spotted something. "And... AND... We bring you a hand-picked selection of only the finest that Hackett's Quarry has to offer," Jacob said as he placed his hands together.

Nick grabbed the Peanut-Butter Butter-Pops before smiling widely, causing Jacob to stand up. "No freaking way!" Nick commented in shock.

Jacob smiled at him. "Yes, freaking way!" he told them.

(Y/N) let go of Nick's arm as the two boys started dancing. "Pop pop, Peanut-Butter Butter-Pops! Pop, pop, pop 'em in your mouth!" Jacob and Nick sang before posing at the end.

"POP!" Jacob finished.

Nick turned his head slightly and winked at (Y/N), causing them to giggle. Nick turned back to Jacob with a curious expression. He may dislike Jacob, but he can't deny that he needed to find out where he found these. "I didn't even know you could find these anywhere," Nick commented.

Jacob took the Peanut-Butter Butter Pop's back from Nick. "Hey- Hey- Hey, cool your jets there cowboy, alright? These... Are spoken for," Jacob told him with a smug look.

Nick glared at him. "Jacob, you can't just shove those in my face and not expect me to want to pop-pop, pop 'em in my mouth, c'mon!" Nick said as he crossed his arms.

Jacob blinked at him. "Emma, please hand me the shotgun," Jacob said, holding his hand out. Emma looked at him in shock before she slowly handed him the gun.

Nick looked at Jacob in shock. "What, your gonna shoot me over them?" Nick questioned as he took a few steps back.

Jacob rolled his eyes. "No, dumbass! Okay, we are going to... Shoot FOR them," Jacob said before he leaned closer to him. "And to prove who is right about (Y/N)'s pronouns or whatever it's called," he whispered so only Nick could hear.

Nick glared at him even harder as Jacob leaned back with a smirk on his face. "Don't you dare," he mumbled with venom in his voice.

Kaitlyn sensed the tension between the two, along with Emma and (Y/N). "Okay, as much as I enjoy watching Nick squirm away from a challenge, I don't think this is a great idea," Kaitlyn told the two.

Nick turned to look at her with a glare. "Hey!" he told her.

Jacob smirked. "You know what? Yeah! You're right, maybe I should just, uh, give Nick the Butterpops, as like an act of charity or something," Jacob teased.

Nick glanced back at (Y/N) before looking back at Jacob. "Fine. You're on," he told him.

Jacob's face brightened. "Yeah, boy!" he cheered before he chuckled.

Kaitlyn rolled her eyes before she held out her hand. "Jacob, hand me that gun, now," Kaitlyn commanded him, causing Jacob to scoff and hand her the gun. "Nobody's handling any firearms if you're gonna act like a dick about it," Kaitlyn told him.

"Okay, then you can be the ref. We need an objective third party," Jacob told her as Kaitlyn started unloading the gun.

She looked up at him once she finished. "Okay- We're trying to get a party started here, Jacob," Kaitlyn reminded him.

"Okay, well, the main party's not gonna die just you're off on a little sidequest. Come on! Please," Jacob pleaded to her.

Kaitlyn looked over at Nick to see a pleading look in his eyes, causing her to sigh. "Alright," she said, causing Jacob to cheer. Nick sighed in relief. "Guess we're gonna have ourselves an old-fashioned shootout," Kaitlyn told the two.

"Yah!" Jacob whispered in excitement.

"There's a clearing we can use as a shooting range back there. But... If I see either of you dicking around, I am turning this car around," Kaitlyn informed the two.

Jacob smirked before he punched Nick in the gut with a smirk, causing him to groan as he leaned down, holding his stomach. 

(Y/N) gasped in shock. "Nicky! Are you alright?" they asked him.

Nick nodded slowly as (Y/N) helped him stand up straighter... Even though the two aren't straight in the slightest. "Yeah... Kinda," he muttered back to them with a small smile.

(Y/N) glared at Jacob. "Okay, I'm coming with. I don't think Kaitlyn can deal with Jacob on her own," they told the three.

Jacob groaned in annoyance while shaking his head as Kaitlyn hummed. "Fine by me," she said before she walked off, with Jacob following close behind.

Nick smiled at them before kissing their cheek. (Y/N) blushed as they smiled at him, grabbing his hand so the two could follow Kaitlyn and Jacob.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The group soon got to area that they were going to use as a shooting range. On the way there, Jacob started stretching, getting ready for the shootout. "So, just so you know I was an Expert Marksman, third class, three years in a row. Ranked highest in camp each year. I'm just letting you know that your goose is cooked, Nick. But if you back down now, I might let you just have one little Peanut-Butter Butterpop if you're lucky," Jacob bragged before he leaned closer to Nick. "And also have one more day of being right about (Y/N)'s pronoun thing," he whispered to him.

Nick scoffed before he shoved him back. "No way. You've never even seen me shoot," Nick told him as (Y/N) nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, and no one asked about your life story either," they told him.

Jacob rolled his eyes as he looked at Nick. "Yeah. That's 'cos you've never shot before," Jacob told him.

"Yeah, not that you know of," Nick and (Y/N) said in unison.

Jacob looked over at Kaitlyn. "Why is she here again?" he asked her, causing (Y/N) to sigh in disappointment while Nick's face burned in anger.

"Because they..." she started saying before she paused, looking up at Jacob. "Did you just get (Y/N)'s pronouns wrong on purpose?" she questioned.

Nick and (Y/N) smirked as Jacob froze. "Uh... Oh, okay. I think I would know you'd actually have held a gun before, Nick," Jacob changed the topic, causing Nick to glare at him immensely.

Kaitlyn sighed. "Okay, boys. And (Y/N). I'm gonna have to stop you right there. As much as I'm enjoying your charming machismo, the moment we step foot on the shooting range, we're playing by my rules, okay? And what I say goes. Got it?" Kaitlyn asked the two.

Jacob did a small salute as Nick nodded. "Okay, good. Now, I'm gonna take (Y/N), and we're gonna go set up some targets and get more shells. Do not move a muscle, fight each other, or touch this gun until we're back," Kaitlyn told the two before she put the gun on the ground.

Kaitlyn started walking over to the watermelons and beer bottles they brought, with (Y/N) following close behind. "Alright, so is it just me, or is it kinda hot when she gets all bossy like that?" Jacob asked Nick.

Kaitlyn looked over her shoulder. "I'm always hot, pencil dick," Kaitlyn told him before she turned her head forward again.

"Yeah, okay, thank you, bye! Bye!" Jacob called to her.

Once the two were out of earshot, Nick turned to Jacob with a glare. "What the hell is your problem?" Nick snarled at him.

Jacob smugly looked over at him. "I have no clue what you're talking about," Jacob told him.

"You so do. (Y/N)'s been happy ever since they came out as Non-Binary six years ago and everyone's been supportive of them. And then you come along and don't use their right pronouns even though on the first day, they informed the other counselors and you about it. You're the only one who hasn't used their correct pronouns," Nick told him.

"Yeah, well... Ryan didn't get her 'pronouns' right either," Jacob defended him.

"That's 'cus he hasn't met a Non-Binary person before. But unlike you, he tried learning and using them right. Thanks to you, (Y/N) became a quieter person, and they hadn't talked to me about you not using their correct pronouns until I caught you myself," Nick added.

"Okay, you didn't find out. It was Abi who told you," Jacob told him.

Nick scoffed in disbelief as he threw his arms out, hitting his sides a few seconds after. "That still doesn't make it any better," Nick informed him.

The two grew quiet when Kaitlyn and (Y/N) walked over to them. "Speaking of... Let me show you how a real man shoots his gun," Jacob changed the topic, causing Nick to groan in annoyance.

Kaitlyn bent down and grabbed the gun. "Are you guys seriously still thumping your chests at each other?" Kaitlyn asked the two as she reloaded the gun.

Nick glared at Jacob as he crossed his arms. "Nah, he's just got brain damage," Nick commented, causing (Y/N) to giggle in agreement.

Jacob scoffed, holding his hand out at Kaitlyn. "Okay, please, just gimme the gun," he told her.

Kaitlyn looked up at him. "Ah- Ah- You'll have it when I say you'll have it. Alright, huddle up boys, this is how we're gonna do this. You're shooting the one on the left. Nick first, then Jacob's turn. Keep your fingers OFF the trigger 'til you're ready to shoot. You got it?" Kaitlyn explained.

Jacob did aye aye hand gesture. "Aye aye," he told her.

Kaitlyn handed the gun to Nick. "Alright. Two things: Remember the spread, remember the recoil. This is a shotgun, we're not sharpshooting here. (Y/N), you explain the rest," Kaitlyn motioned to them.

(Y/N) nodded as they walked up to Nick. "Okay. The flashlight shows you where you're aiming. Obvs. Just... Don't point it at anyone here, 'kay Nicky?" they told him.

Nick nodded as he aimed it around. He aimed it at one of the bottles before shooting. The bullet hit the bottle but didn't shatter it. 

Nick lowered the gun with a smirk on his face. "Alright, Nick! One point. Okay. We're too far back to do any real damage. Let's scooch forward a little and, uh... Fuck these guys up," Kaitlyn informed them before the four walked forward, closer to the objects.

"Here, you're good," Kaitlyn told the group before she walked over and adjusted the bottle Nick had hit. She walked back over to the group. "Alright, Nick! This time for real," Kaitlyn told him as she stood beside Jacob.

Nick held up the gun again. He aimed the gun and shot a watermelon. "Nice shot!" (Y/N) complimented him.

He nodded before aiming the gun again. He shot the beer bottle next to the watermelon he shot. "Lucky..." Jacob grumbled.

Nick aimed the gun again and shot a watermelon. Kaitlyn smiled at him. "Point to you, Nick," she told him.

Nick lowered his gun as (Y/N) clapped a few times. "Good job, Nick!" (Y/N) told him as Kaitlyn took the gun from him.

"Alright," Kaitlyn muttered as she re-loaded the gun full of bullets. Once she finished, she held it towards Jacob. "Let's see what you got," Kaitlyn told him while Jacob grabbed the gun from her.

Jacob smirked as he set the gun on his shoulder. "Alright, you might wanna- Ah- Avert your eyes, Nick. Don't wanna give you any more performance anxiety," Jacob told him before he aimed the gun.

Kaitlyn rolled her eyes. "Alright, alright, just shut up and shoot, Jacob," she told him.

He shoot the gun but he didn't hit anything. (Y/N) smirked as they crossed their arms. "I thought you were an 'ultra-elite pro marksman,'" they said as they used their fingers to quote-un-quote him.

Jacob turned to them, pointing the gun at them. (Y/N) cried out in both shock and fear as Nick pushed them behind him. "Yeah with like, a rifle, okay. Not with this frickin' cannon blaster," Jacob said. 

Nick and Kaitlyn cried. "Whoa, dude!"

"Jacob! That is how you get someone shot! God..." Kaitlyn snapped as she took the gun from him.

Nick glared at him. "You almost shot (Y/N)... But I'm pretty sure he would've missed anyway because he's such a bad shot," Nick told him.

Jacob glared at him. "Hey!-"

"Okay. Disqualified for being a dumbass," Kaitlyn told him, causing (Y/N) to laugh at Jacob's expression.

"What? No!" Jacob cried.

"Sorry, Jacob. Better luck next time," Nick told him, but he didn't sound so sincere.

"Hm. 'Butter' luck next time?" Kaitlyn joked.

"Hey, I was just gonna say that," (Y/N) told her as they giggled a bit, grabbing Nick's hand.

"You three are very mean," Jacob commented, causing the three to chuckle.

Suddenly, Kaitlyn held up the gun and shot one of the beer bottles. Jacob, Nick, and (Y/N) looked at her in confusion. She smirked at the three. "Blam! You thought this was over?" Kaitlyn said with a smirk.

"What the..." Jacob muttered in shock.

"Whoa!" Nick and (Y/N) muttered.

Kaitlyn went on to shoot the rest of the beer bottles. She lowered the gun with a smirk. "Pop, pop, peanut-butter butter-pops," she told the two.

Jacob, Nick, and (Y/N) exchanged shocked looks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Night had fallen and the full moon was up high. The group was sitting around the fire, with a beer bottle in each of their hands. Kaitlyn and Dylan shared a log, Jacob and Ryan shared the one next to them, Nick and (Y/N) shared a log, and Abigail and Emma were sharing the one on the right.

Dylan came up with an idea before he set his beer bottle on the ground. "Okay! New idea! Party game!" he clapped his hands, causing a few of them to groan. "C'mon people, we might never see each other after together! Let's make some memories!" Dylan reminded them.

Kaitlyn shrugged. "Well, what do you have in mind?" she asked them.

"How about the ultimate game of secrets and lies... Truth or Dare, but Dylan style. Okay, house rules are... Someone asks you truth or dare... And then you choose, and then you do. And there's no ifs, ands, or buts," Dylan explained the rules.

Kaitlyn raised an eyebrow. "So like, normal truth or dare?" Kaitlyn asked him.

Dylan stared at her for a second before he nodded. "Yes," he told her.

"So we can like, make people kiss," Kaitlyn guessed.

Dylan shrugged. "If they choose dare, yeah. As long as everyone consents... Of course," Dylan told her.

Kaitlyn shrugged with a small smile. "Cool beans," she muttered.

"I mean, keep it in your pants until it's your turn, but..." he joked before he chuckled.

"Well, who does get to go first?" Kaitlyn asked him.

"Well, it's House deals, so..." Dylan trailed off before clapping his hands. "Abigail! Truth or Dare?" he asked her.

Abigail looked stunned that she was asked first but shook it off. "Ummm... Truth," she told him.

"Really dodged a bullet, huh? Alright, here goes... If you had to say someone was the most attractive person here... Who would it be?" Dylan asked her.

Abigail blushed as she looked down. "Ah... W-Well... If I had to choose... It would be... Kaitlyn," she said as she blushed harder.

Kaitlyn looked taken aback by that. She smiled as her face turned red. "Well... Thanks, Abi," she thanked with a small smile.

"Alright, Abi. It's your turn," Dylan told her.

Abigail nodded. "Alright, okay. Um... Ahh..." she trailed off, trying to think of someone.

Jacob rolled his eyes. "Come on, Abi. Just pick someone!" Jacob told her.

Abigail scoffed slightly as she held up her hands. "Okay, okay! Geez... Um... I don't know!" she cried.

Emma shook her head. "Ding, ding, ding. Too late. My turn. Ryan... Truth or Dare?" Emma asked him.

Ryan thought for a few seconds before he snapped his fingers. "Dare. Gimmie what you got," he told her.

"Okay, Ryan. Your dare comes with... With no choice except to do what I say," Emma told him.

Ryan raised an eyebrow. "Isn't that like... The normal rules of the game?" he questioned.

"Doesn't matter. Anyway, I dare you to kiss... Dylan," Emma told him.

Dylan froze as his face flushed red.

(Y/N) giggled at his face while nudging Nick. He smiled to them before looking over at the two boys.

Ryan blushed as well. "That's a little forward," he commented.

Emma held up her hands. "Sorry- I don't make the rules," she told him.

"I mean, you literally just did, but okay," Ryan muttered before he looked over at Dylan. "Dylan. Let's go," he added with a smile.

Dylan tried to hide his smile as he stood up but failed miserably. (Y/N) clapped their hands together, happy for the two of them. "Yay!" they muttered with a small smile.

"Nice!" Nick commented.

"Wooo- Hooo- Haha!" Jacob said as Emma whistled.

Dylan stood in front of Ryan before the two kissed. The two pulled apart after ten seconds. "Always happy to please," Ryan told him.

Dylan smiled before he walked back over to his seat. "Woo!" Kaitlyn cheered as Dylan sat back down. He smiled even wider as he looked down, trying to hide his tomato-red face.

Ryan clapped his hands together. "Alrighty. Who shall I pick...?" Ryan questioned as he pointed around at the others.

"Well, uh... Me and Jacob haven't gotten a turn yet..." Kaitlyn told him.

Ryan nodded slowly before he looked between Kaitlyn and Jacob, settling on Kaitlyn. "Kaitlyn, what do ya say? Truth or Dare?" Ryan asked her.

"Truth... Yeah, truth," Kaitlyn told him.

"Let's see... So, you and Jacob go way back, right? Like, since you were kids?" Ryan guessed.

"Sadly, yes," Kaitlyn told him.

Jacob looked down. "Lame question bro. Waste of a turn," he told Ryan.

"You two ever... Hookup or get down to business together?" Ryan asked her.

"When we were freshmen, I made Jacob let me practice French kissing on him. But... It never went any further 'cause... He's a terrible kisser...! And it was like kissing my brother. Ew! Still love ya, bud!" Kaitlyn explained, causing Jacob to sigh.

"Okay! My turn!" Kaitlyn said before Jacob kissed his hand and flipped her off. Kaitlyn rolled her eyes as she turned her head away. "Emma-"

"Dare," Emma smiled.

She leaned forward. "Emma, so you have to kiss..." she trailed off, looking at the group to see who to pick. "Jacob... Or... Nick," Kaitlyn told her.

Jacob smiled as Nick and (Y/N) froze, looking at each other. "Sorry, Nick!" Kaitlyn apologized.

Emma looked between Nick and Jacob with an unsure look on her face. "Well then..." she muttered.

Jacob held his hands up. "Um, uh... Sorry, Nick, this is not even a dare, obviously I got this-"

"Uhhhh... I don't know if this is such a good idea-"

"I choose... Nick," Emma decided, cutting the two boys off.

Nick stared at her with wide eyes as (Y/N) looked worried. Emma slowly got up and walked over to the two. 

Jacob glared at her. "Em? Seriously?" Jacob questioned.

Emma stood in front of Nick as he looked unsure. She leaned closer. "Sorry guys..." she muttered so only the two could hear. Emma kissed Nick on the lips. After five seconds, she pulled back.

She noticed that Nick was shifting uncomfortably as (Y/N) looked down saddened. "Don't worry..." Emma started/whispered, causing the two to glance up at her. "I... Have a plan," she muttered to them.

She stood up fully and put a fake large grin on her face. "Thank you, Nick," she thanked him before she walked away and sat down next to Abigail.

Jacob glared at Nick as he started to get up but paused when Emma said. "Jacob,"

He paused, looking over at Emma. "Y-Yes?" he mumbled, angrily.

"Truth... Or Dare?" she asked him.

Jacob smiled as he remained seated. "Okay, okay. My turn to shine," Jacob commented as he rubbed his hands together.

Emma smirked. "Choose wisely... You might regret it," she warned.

Jacob faltered at her tone of voice. "Whoa then, cowgirl. Truth... Fine, I'll go with truth," Jacob told her.

Kaitlyn looked at him with a smirk. "Chickening out, are you Jake?" Kaitlyn asked him.

Emma held up her hand. "No, no. He made the perfect call," she told her before she crossed her arms. "Okay, here it comes... Why do you keep getting (Y/N)'s pronouns wrong... On purpose?" she asked him.

Jacob froze at the question. Emma and Nick smirked triumphantly, finally ready to get an answer. Abigail clapped her hands together in success. Kaitlyn, Dylan, and Ryan looked at him in shock.

"Wait, what?" Ryan and Dylan questioned in unison.

Kaitlyn huffed in disappointment. "I knew it!" she cried as she threw her hands up.

Jacob looks around at the group nervously. "Um... Can I choose dare?" he asked Emma, motioning to switch around.

She scoffed. "Uh, did you not hear what Dylan said at the start? 'No ifs, ands, or buts,'" Emma quoted.

"You really don't wanna answer, do you?"

Everyone looked over at (Y/N) to see them glaring at the ground. They looked up at Jacob with a harsh glare. "You're too fucking scared to admit it!" (Y/N) told him as they stood up and took a few steps towards him.

Jacob scoffed. "No, I just have some trouble saying it. Besides, I don't... Really like Non-Binary people," Jacob carefully chose his words as he got up and stepped towards them.

"So you're saying is that you're homophobic?" (Y/N) questioned as they crossed their arms.

Jacob threw his head back. "No, you dickward, I'm not. I want Kaitlyn and Abigail to get together while Dylan and Ryan do the same thing," Jacob tried to defend himself.

"So, your homophobic to Non-Binary's, is that what you're saying?" (Y/N) concluded.

Jacob rubbed his face in annoyance. "Maybe I am. Because your kind doesn't exist and you... Shouldn't exist. Go back to being female already, geez," Jacon shouted at her without thinking of his word choice.

(Y/N) gasped in shock as they took a step back. Everything seemed to fall silent around the two. Abigail gasped as she covered her mouth in shock while Emma scoffed in disbelief and crossed her arms, glaring at Jacob.

Kaitlyn and Ryan stared at him in shock as Dylan's jaw dropped in disbelief. Nick, meanwhile, face burned in rage as he stood up, ready to stand up for his partner.

Jacob's eyes softened when he spotted the tears streaming down their face. They sniffed while wiping their eyes. He reached his hand towards (Y/N). "(Y/N), I-"

He was cut off when (Y/N) slapped his hand away. "Don't you dare..." they muttered before they ran off into the woods.

Kaitlyn stood up. "(Y/N)!" she called out.

"Dude!" Dylan called out.

"(Y/N), come back!" Abigail cried out.

"(Y/N), I'm sorry! I didn't mean it like that..." Jacob called out, throwing his arms out to the side.

Nick turned to Jacob with rage written clear on his face. One of his hands turned into a fist before he punched Jacob square in the face. Jacob cried out in pain as he fell to the ground.

He rubbed his face as Nick stared down at him. "What the hell was that for, Nick?!" he cried out in shock.

Nick scoffed loudly in disbelief. "You know exactly what that was for," Nick snarled at him before he took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. "I'm not done with you yet," he pointed at him before he looked over at the rest of the group. "I'm gonna go find (Y/N)," he told them before he ran over to the woods, following after (Y/N).

Jacob stood up slowly as he looked around at the group. Everyone was either glaring at him, looking at him with disappointment, or looking away from him entirely. "I... I..." he stuttered before he groaned, walking off towards the boathouse.

No one stopped him, not even watching him walk away.

Dylan scoffed in disbelief once Jacob was out of earshot. "I just... Can't believe Jacob would do something like that," Dylan commented.

Kaitlyn nodded in agreement as she sat down again. "I know, right? I can't believe the dude would do that. I never thought of him being homophobic towards Non-Binary people. Ugh! I had a feeling that was the case as well! I should've done something, but I wasn't too sure... And I didn't wanna jump to conclusions," Kaitlyn informed the group.

Ryan waved her off. "You couldn't have known. The two hid it from all of us," Ryan told her.

Dylan shrugged. "Not really..." he muttered, causing everyone to look at him.

"What're mean?" Ryan asked him.

"Well, halfway through the second week of camp. Nick came up to me and warned me about Jacob. I... Asked him why, but he didn't give a clear answer and just walked off," Dylan explained.

"Well, we knew," Emma said, motioning between her and Abigail. "It's one of the reasons I broke up with Jacob in the first place, other than the Summer Fling thing," Emma informed them.

"And I was the one to find out about the whole thing. Then I told Emma and Nick, and he went up to Jacob and the two fought, ending their friendship," Abigail explained.

"How on earth did we not notice?" Ryan questioned.

Emma shrugged. "I guess they didn't want you three to get involved," Emma guessed.

"But this is a big thing! Jacob shouldn't have done something like this," Kaitlyn argued.

Ryan nodded in agreement. "Yeah. I mean, I did get their pronouns wrong at first. But that was because I was new to the whole LGBTQ+ community. Well, not new to it since I was Bisexual, but I mean to Non-Binary people. I knew they who they were, but I just haven't met one before," he explained.

"We know what you mean, Ryan," Abigail told him.

Dylan nodded in agreement. "Yeah, Jacob's just being an asshole," he told him.

Emma sighed. "Speaking of Jacob being an asshole. I better go find him. Make sure he doesn't try and kill himself... Or possibly attack (Y/N)," Emma informed the group as she got up.

Abigail looked at her in shock. "You don't think he's gonna hurt them?" she asked.

Emma shook her head. "Nah. But you never know," she told the group before she walked off, following Jacob.

"So... What do we do now?" Kaitlyn asked, but nobody responded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) walked through the woods with tears still streaming down their face. "Stupid game... Stupid Jacob... What are we in middle school? Ugh! I should've expected Jacob to feel like that about me... Why do I even care!" they rambled to themselves.

They paused for a second when they realized that they didn't know where they were. "Great Where the hell am I?" they muttered before they sighed.

They continued walking down the path, looking around carefully.

"They took everything from me..."

(Y/N) froze as they looked around in fear. "H-Hello...? Emma? Abi?" (Y/N) called out but didn't get a response.

They got close to Rocky Road when they felt a presence behind them.

"Something's here!"

(Y/N) looked around in fear as they stepped back. "Who's there?" they yelled out but they didn't get a response.

They heard rustling coming from the bushes, causing them to take a few steps back. "S-Stay back! Hello?" they called.

"Honey...? You out here?"

(Y/N) turned around when they heard Nick's voice. "Nicky?!" they called out.

"(Y/N)?! Shout again!" they heard Nick shout as they heard footsteps down the path.

"I'm over here!" (Y/N) called out again.

"I'm coming!" Nick shouted as he ran down the path.

"NICKY!" they shouted as Nick turned the corner, the two freezing as they looked at each other.

"(Y/N)! I'm so glad your..." he trailed off when he saw (Y/N)'s tear-stained face. His look softened. "Oh, honey..." he muttered as he walked over and pulled them into a hug.

(Y/N) broke down into tears again as they hugged him back. Nick shushed them, trying to calm them down. "It's alright. Let it all out," he told them as he led them over to the large log.

What they didn't know, was that something was watching them from afar, in the bushes.

Nick sat down on the log, pulling (Y/N) onto his lap. They latched onto him, burying their face into his neck. Nick had one arm wrapped around their back while the other hand ran through their hair, trying to calm them down.

"I-I'm sorry for running off. I-I think that game got a little intense for me. A-And with Jacob..." they stuttered before they started sobbing quietly.

"Shh! You had every right to get space from Jacob. But... I do know what you mean about the game," Nick told them.

(Y/N) wiped their eyes as they gazed up at Nick and saw him looking down at them. "Did..." they sniffed. "Did anything happen after I left?"

"Well... I punched Jacob in the face," Nick informed them, causing (Y/N) to giggle.

"You did?" they asked him.

Nick nodded. "I did,"

(Y/N) laughed in response, causing Nick to smile at them. Their laughter faded when they remembered what Jacob said. "Should I... Really be like this?" they questioned.

Nick looked at them in shock. "What? If you're happy being Non-Binary, then you can be. Don't let Jacob bring you down like this. He doesn't deserve it," Nick told them.

(Y/N) smiled at him. "Thank you, Nicky... I have no idea what I did to deserve you," they told him as they pulled their head back to look at him properly.

Nick shook his head slightly as he tilted their head closer to his lips. "No... I don't deserve you," he whispered to them before the two kissed.

The creature in the bushes crept slowly towards them but still far enough so the two don't notice it.

(Y/N) adjusted themselves, straddling his hips as they wrapped their legs around his waist. The two moaned slightly as they deepened the kiss. Nick's right hand went up the back of their shirt to rub their back.

(Y/N) titled their head even more as their hands tangled in his curly hair. Nick swiped his tongue along their lips, causing them to open their mouth. Their tongues battled together as their grips tightened on each other.

The two broke the kiss, a string of saliva connecting their lips for a few seconds before it broke. Nick lowered his head before he started kissing their neck.

(Y/N) gasped in shock as a shutter went up their spine. Nick smirked before he started sucking on their sweet spot, causing them to moan slightly.

Nick pulled back after a few seconds to see a hickey slightly forming on their neck, but luckily, they could easily cover it.

The two heard a twig snap nearby, causing (Y/N) to freeze. "Did you hear that...?" they asked him.

"Mmm-hmm," Nick hummed in agreement.

"S-Should we look...?" (Y/N) asked him.

"Mmm-hmm...!" Nick hummed again as (Y/N) slipped off his lap.

The two looked over into the trees to see what was there. They heard growling coming from the trees, causing Nick to get up as (Y/N) gasped in shock.

Nick grabbed (Y/N)'s hand before the two walked down the path, looking for the animal that was growling.

The growling grew closer as the two looked into the trees. "Is it another boar?" they asked as they gripped his arm.

"It's... Too growly..." Nick told them.

The creature crept closer, but the two still couldn't see it. "I-Is it a bear?" they whimpered in fear.

Nick used his free hand to rub their shoulder. "It's too fast!" he told them.

The two heard the growling getting closer before Nick spotted a shape of a large animal in the trees. His eyes widened in shock and fear. "Run!" Nick shouted before he pulled (Y/N) along with him.

The two ran up some steps before Nick looked to his right to see the creature leaping towards (Y/N). Nick pushed (Y/N) out of the way before he was tackled by the creature.

(Y/N) screamed in shock as they landed on their butt. "NO! NO! NICKY!" (Y/N) screamed as the creature started biting into his leg, causing Nick to cry out in pain. "Oh my- My God, oh my God, oh my God! NICKY!" they continued to scream.

Suddenly, a gunshot rang out and the creature was knocked off Nick. (Y/N) screamed in shock as they watched the creature land on the ground. Nick groaned in pain as blood started seeping into his clothes.

"Nicky!" they called out before they ran over and grabbed his arm, starting to drag him away to get the two out of there. Suddenly, (Y/N) was knocked to the ground by the creature. They rolled away from Nick as the creature stood above them.

Nick weakly glanced over at (Y/N) as the creature tried to bite them but they held it back by its head. "(Y-Y/N)!" Nick weakly cried out as he watched in fear.

Suddenly, another gunshot rang out, which knocked the creature off them. They got up before running over to Nick as the creature ran off.

They kneeled down next to Nick. "Nicky, are you okay?" they asked before they hit their forehead, realizing what they'd said. "What am I saying, of course, you're not," they added.

Nick gritted his teeth. "Get out of here... Go get help," he muttered, causing their eyes to widen.

"What? I can't leave you here," (Y/N) told him.

Nick grabbed their hand weakly. "Just go... I'll be fine," he told them.

(Y/N) nodded slowly before they kissed his forehead. "I'll be back, I promise," they told him before they got up and ran up the steps.

Once they got up the steps, they heard another gunshot behind them. They gasped as they looked back before they continued running.

(Y/N) ran through the woods as she jumped over some roots. They stopped, looking at where they could go. (Y/N) ran over to a large log and hide inside it as they heard growling nearby.

They started crawling through as the creature jumped onto the log. (Y/N) screamed as the creature tried to grab them through the log. They crawled out of the log before jumping down a ledge and onto another path.

They heard a howl behind them, causing them to climb up the ledge and ran past a tree. They continued down some steps before running past the log where they and Nick were making out.

They ran down another set of steps before they paused, hearing the creature howl behind them. (Y/N) spotted someplace to hide and they run over, ducking down and covering their mouth with their hand.

The creature stood above them on the steps as the walked down on all fours. The creature looked around for them. Not being able to hear them, it walked off.

(Y/N) stood up slowly as the creature jumped away before running down the path, back to the firepit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) ran down the last few steps and saw Ryan and Kaitlyn standing nearby. "(Y/N)!" Kaitlyn called out.

"Help! Please... Nick! He's been attacked! Help him!" (Y/N) yelled at the two as they collapsed to their knees.

"What? Where is he?" Ryan asked them.

(Y/N) tried to calm their breathing so they could tell the two what happened. "I-I..." they trailed off, not being able to calm themselves down.

Kaitlyn held the gun out to Ryan. "Go after Nick! Go!" she told him.

Ryan nodded. "Okay. I've got this," he said before he took the gun from Kaitlyn.

"That shotgun's got a hell of a spread. Be careful," Kaitlyn warned him before he ran past (Y/N).

Abigail ran over and helped (Y/N) up. "Come on," she muttered as she and Kaitlyn helped (Y/N) over to the firepit where Dylan was waiting for the group.

(Y/N) sat down on the log as Kaitlyn and Abigail sat down next to them. Dylan looked at them worried before he got up to wait for Ryan.

"I-It was horrible... It was... I- I- I- I don't even know what it was. It was so fast and- And there was- I think there was a hunter... And it was just... It was just..." they rambled as Abigail rubbed their back. (Y/N) sighed, trying to calm down. "Nick told me to run but I didn't want to leave him there... I just hope he's okay," (Y/N) said as they hugged themselves.

Kaitlyn looked forward and sighed in relief. "Well, he's over there," Kaitlyn commented.

(Y/N) looked up to see Dylan and Ryan helping Nick over to the fire. "Nicky!" they called out as they got up and jogged over to the three.

Nick opened his eyes to (Y/N) in front of him. "H-Honey...?" he muttered as they helped Dylan and Ryan get Nick over to the log.

They smiled at him. "Yes, I'm here," they told him before they went over and sat down on the ground. They looked up at Dylan and Ryan. "Lean him against me. I think it'll be better for him to lean against me than the log," they told him.

Ryan and Dylan shared a look, causing Dylan to shrug. Nick cried and hissed in pain as the two moved him closer to (Y/N).

The two slowly lowered Nick closer to (Y/N). "Slow, slow, slow, slow, slow," Ryan told Dylan. Once Nick was leaning against (Y/N)'s chest, they let him go and stepped back.

Nick kept hissing in pain as (Y/N) wrapped their arms around his torso. Once they did that, Nick suddenly felt... Relaxed. It was weird. He had just been attacked by some sort of weird animal, but (Y/N)'s simple touch was soothing to him, like the pain was slowly going away. 

He leaned his head back onto their shoulder blade and hummed slightly.

"Nick. Hey, buddy. Can you tell us what happened?" Ryan asked him.

Nick funneled his eyebrows when Ryan snapped him out of his trance. He felt... Annoyed when Ryan asked that. He suddenly felt the urge snap back at Ryan and sink back into (Y/N)'s warmth, but he held back the urge to do so. "Animal attacked... Is (Y/N) okay...?" he asked as he looked up as much as he could at them.

(Y/N) smiled down at him. "Yeah, don't worry, I'm fine. I'm just shaken up and have a few scratches but I'm fine," (Y/N) told him.

Dylan looked over to Ryan as he sat down on the log that (Y/N) and Nick were leaning against. "He's super out of it, man," Dylan commented.

Ryan nodded slightly before looking back down at Nick. "We need to know what happened," he told him.

Nick hissed in pain. "Right, there was... There was this guy there... But... There was some kind of... Some kinda animal..." Nick tried to explain in between pained breaths.

"The hell?" Ryan commented in confusion.

"What fucking kind of animal does this?" Dylan questioned.

Nick hissed in pain while (Y/N) looked at him in pity. They set their cheek into his hair before nuzzling his hair. "It's okay... You're here, you're safe," (Y/N) whispered to him.

Nick sighed happily at the feeling before he looked up at them, worried. "Did it... Did it get you... Are you...?" he asked in between breaths.

"I'm okay, I'm okay... Thanks to you... I'm sorry I couldn't do more to help you..." (Y/N) apologized.

Nick smiled at them as sweetly as he could through the pain. "I'd rather have you be safe than be in my state," Nick told them.

"How did you end up like this?" Dylan asked him.

"Big claws and... Teeth right on top of me... I think it was a bear..." Nick said in between pained breaths.

Ryan looked up at Dylan in confusion. "Full-sized bear would have crushed him. There's no way," he denied.

"I-I thought we didn't get bears around here?" Dylan questioned.

"No- Agh!" Nick groaned in pain, causing Dylan to look down at his leg. He jumped back in fear as he looked at the state of Nick's leg.

"Oh fuck! Look at that!" Dylan pointed out, causing Ryan and (Y/N) to look at it.

"Oh shit!" Ryan cursed in shock.

"What? What's wrong? I can't see it really well," (Y/N) told the two.

"That black stuff. That's- That's infection. That's... And it's... It's spreading. This is bad. This is really bad, dude," Dylan ranted in fear.

Ryan started to put pressure on the wound to stop the blood from leaking out of his leg. Nick cried in pain as he gritted in pain. (Y/N) grabbed his hand and he squeezed it hard enough that it turned white. They closed their eyes from slight pain but didn't mind it.

"Sorry, bro! Sorry!" Ryan apologized.

Once the blood stopped pouring out, Ryan took his hands back. "You're okay. It's okay," Ryan told him as Nick stopped squeezing (Y/N)'s hand but still held onto it like life depended on it.

With her free hand, they started patting his head as their other arm was still wrapped around Nick. He sighed, both from the pain going and (Y/N) patting his head.

"Mmm... Mmm... Fuck, that hurt," Nick commented, with pain still in his voice.

"Shh... You're okay... You survived... You did it," (Y/N) whispered comfortingly to him, which he hummed after they finished speaking.

"We should amputate," Dylan suddenly spoke, causing (Y/N) and Ryan to look at him in shock. "We should cut it off before the infection spreads," he explained his reasoning.

Nick glanced at him in shock. "What?!" he exclaimed in shock.

"Dylan, I love you. Platonically, of course. I love you, I really do. But what the fuck?!" (Y/N) told him, slapping his arm.

"Ow..." he muttered as he rubbed his arm.

"Yeah, why would we do that?" Ryan asked him.

Dylan shrugged. "I dunno, guys. I mean, look at that black stuff," Dylan pointed out.

(Y/N) raised one of their eyebrows. "What... What do you think we should do?" they asked him.

Dylan raised an eyebrow at them. "Do I look like a doctor?" Dylan commented.

"Then why are you suggesting this?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N), Dylan, Ryan, Kaitlyn, and Abigail helped Nick back to the lodge. Before they left the fire pit, Jacob ended up coming over, asking what happened to Nick and also asking for the gun since Emma was on the island and explained that there was a dead body in the lake. Kaitlyn and Ryan didn't give him the gun while not believing him about the dead body either.

The only thing Jacob was good enough to do tonight was bringing the wheelbarrow down to the fire pit so it'd be easier to get Nick back to the lodge.

(Y/N) kneeled down next to Nick. "Are you in any pain?" they asked him.

Nick shook his head. "Nah... Nah, sorry. I'm just... I'm really hungry," Nick admitted, chuckling a bit.

(Y/N) smiled at him. "We'll get you some food inside, okay?" they told him.

Nick nodded slowly. "Yeah, okay..." he mumbled.

"Come on..." they said as they started helping him out of the wheelbarrow.

"Oh, man... I could eat a horse," Nick commented as Ryan, Kaitlyn, and Abigail helped (Y/N) get Nick out of the wheelbarrow.

(Y/N) giggled slightly at his joke. "I don't know if we'll be able to find you a horse, but there might be some granola," they told him as he stood up, hunched over slightly.

They wrapped an arm around Nick's shoulders so they could help him walk to the lodge. Kaitlyn and Abigail walked over to help just in case.

Nick's face scrunched up in disgust. "Ugh... Yuck, I hate granola," Nick commented, causing Kaitlyn to let out a small laugh.

Abigail stepped forward to open the door with the help of Ryan. Nick held his stomach as (Y/N) helped him walk in.

Ryan held the keys to Kaitlyn. "This'll open the nurse's station. Should be plenty of stuff in there," Ryan told her, handing the keys to her.

"Well, hopefully, we can get him cleaned up for now," Kaitlyn said as she walked over to Nick, helping him towards the nurse station.

(Y/N) kissed his cheek before taking their arm back. "I'll go find you something to eat, Nicky," they told him before walking over to the kitchen.

They opened the door to the kitchen and walked inside, setting their camera down on the counter. They grabbed a cup, filling it with water since they knew he might need it. They looked around the kitchen but didn't find anything that Nick could eat.

Abigail walked into the kitchen. "You find anything?" she asked them as she put her bag next to (Y/N)'s camera. 

They shook their head. "No, nothing. I just hope Nick will be fine with not having any food for now," they told her.

Abigail nodded. "Right. I'm heading with Ryan and Dylan to get some help at the radio hut. Do you think you, Nick, and Kaitlyn will be fine here until we get back?" Abigail asked them as they grabbed the cup of water.

(Y/N) nodded. "Yeah, go. We'll be fine," they told her as the two walked out of the kitchen to see Dylan and Ryan walking out of Chris's office with two guns in hand. "I'm not even gonna ask," they muttered, causing Abigail to giggle before she walked over to the two boys.

They rolled their eyes at the sight of Dylan waving his gun around before walking over to the nurse's office. They got to the door as Kaitlyn walked out. "(Y/N)!" she said in surprise as she closed the door behind her.

"Hey, is Nick okay?" they asked her.

Kaitlyn nodded slowly. "Yeah... Patched him up. He's still awake, waiting for you, actually. I'm just gonna talk to the others real quick," Kaitlyn informed them before walking off to find Ryan, Dylan, and Abigail.

They smiled, watching her walk off. They opened the door, walked inside, and closed the door behind them. They walked past the blind and stood on the left side of the bed.

They looked over at Nick to see him looking at them. He realized a breath of relief, relaxing at the sight of them. "Hey, Nicky... I couldn't find anything to eat. Kitchen's pretty cleaned out. I'm sorry, I did try. But... I did bring you some water," (Y/N) told him as they set the water down on the table next to him.

"Thanks, honey... I don't know what I'd do without you," Nick told them.

(Y/N) blushed before sitting down on the side of the bed, grabbing one of his hands. They rubbed their thumb in a circle on the back of his hand. "How do you feel?" they asked him.

"I'm fine, but... That was... Fuck, I don't even know what happened, it was all just a blur... But how are you holding up?" he asked them.

(Y/N) shook their head. "Don't worry, I'm fine. I'm... I'm just happy you're okay. Sorry, it sounds like I'm ranting," (Y/N) mumbled.

"S'okay," Nick told them, causing them to smile.

They leaned over and planted a kiss on his forehead before running their free hand through his hair. Nick closed his eyes, humming at the feeling. 

Suddenly, he felt this need creep up within him. He... Wanted to protect (Y/N). Sure, he felt like he had to do that before tonight, as their partner. But now? All he wanted to do was hold them, keep them all to himself... Bring them impossibly closer-

He reached up to put a hand on their shoulder, to pull them down onto him as he could cuddle them, hold them close. Suddenly, Kaitlyn walked into the room and over to the two.

Nick felt his anger starting to slowly come back. He was angry that Kaitlyn had interrupted his moment with his partner. He didn't want them to talk to her. He narrowed his eyes at Kaitlyn as (Y/N) turned to look at her. "Alright, they're off to find a radio or something," she informed the two.

(Y/N) looked down and noticed the gun that she was holding. "What's with the uh... Gun?" (Y/N) questioned, motioning to it.

"Oh- Uh- They found another in Mr. H's office. So, just in case," Kaitlyn told them.

"Right... Do you know what happened to the lights? They went off while I was in the kitchen," (Y/N) asked.

"Not sure," Kaitlyn replied before looking over at Nick. "Any better?"

Nick shrugged as he looked away from her. "I'm doing okay... Kinda..." Nick told her, gritting his teeth slightly.

(Y/N) realized something. "Hey, didn't Abi say she, Ryan, and Dylan were doing to the radio hut? Why are they doing that?" they asked Kaitlyn.

"Phone's dead, they're gonna try to send out an SOS or something. I just hope Abi's gonna be okay... Anyway, we're holding down the fort," Kaitlyn told them, blushing slightly when she talked about Abigail.

Suddenly, they heard footsteps above them. (Y/N) raised an eyebrow at Kaitlyn. "I thought you said Abi, Dylan, and Ryan already left?" they questioned.

Kaitlyn motioned the two to stay seated. "Stay here. I'll check it out," Kaitlyn told the two.

"We'll be fine. Just... Be careful," Nick told her as he sat up, causing (Y/N) to push him gently back onto the bed.

"Stay alert," Kaitlyn told the two before she walked back over to the door, opened it, and walked out slowly.

Nick smiled as the door closed behind her. He looked back over to his partner, who was still looking towards the door. "I hope she'll be okay..." they muttered, worried for Kaitlyn.

Nick narrowed his eyes slightly before the urge to hold her came back, but it was stronger than before. "She'll be fine... But, can I ask you something?" he asked, causing (Y/N) to look at him.

"Yeah, of course, Nicky. What is it?" they questioned.

"Can you lay down next to me...? I really want to cuddle you right now," Nick asked them.

(Y/N) saw something flash in his eyes and somehow, everything else faded from their mind. All they wanted to do was lie in Nick's arms... In his embrace. They didn't know what happened, but that's all they wanted to do in the world at the moment... And forever.

Screw trying to get help, screw whatever was in the woods, screw whatever was upstairs, screw Kaitlyn... Wait, Kaitlyn!

They shook their head, their thoughts and control of their mind coming back. "I would love to, but... We don't have a clue what's out there, and-"

They were cut off when Nick grabbed their hand, causing them to pause mid-sentence. They looked back into his eyes again, which were a light shade of yellow, they looked so... Memorizing.

"Please... Just for a little bit," Nick pleaded but the same flash happened in his eyes again. This time, (Y/N) didn't want to say no. They just wanted Nick to hold them.

"Yeah... Yes, please," they muttered, seemingly in some sort of trace, that Nick didn't pick up on.

(Y/N) moved closer to Nick, causing him to smile widely. He moved over slightly so they could get their legs up onto the bed. They wrapped their arms around Nick, setting their head against his upper chest, smiling as they nuzzled closer to him.

Nick wrapped his arms around them, snuggling them closer to him. (Y/N) closed their eyes, giving into the feeling of Nick's warm chest. Nick sighed happily as if relief had been met. This felt better than anything in the world. He just wanted to hold them and forget about anything else in this cruel world.

"Make them your mate... Their yours..."

Nick groaned slightly as he heard the voice in his head, but (Y/N) didn't care, they just wanted to be against him. Nick looked down at their face and noticed how... Calm and relaxed they seemed to be. He liked that... A lot.

"Can you come closer?" Nick mumbled, causing them to move up slightly, where their head was lying in the crook of his neck. He smiled wider. "Thank you," he thanked, causing them to hum as they snuggled even closer, if it was even possible with how close the two were.

Suddenly, a sweet smell entered Nick's nostrils, which caused him to grow confused as he glanced around, only to realize that it was coming from (Y/N). It didn't smell like food to him, it smelled like... They were his mate.

Mate... He liked that... The voice might have a point.

"Hey, so this... May not be like the best time, per se, but like..." Nick trailed off, causing (Y/N) to look up at him lovingly like he was the most treasured thing in the world.

"What is it, Nicky?" they asked, running a hand through his hair.

He hummed for a few seconds before petting their head softly. "Yeah, so, like I was just, thinking about the start of summer and, when we thought we were going to have a relaxing break together but we didn't get to spend as much time together as we wanted to... And it's now the end of summer and we got into this whole mess... But, we don't know if we're getting into college together... Do you think this is the last time we'll be able to spend time together before we head up to college?" Nick ranted before sighing.

"Nicky, whatever happens, we'll always be together. No matter what," they told him.

Nick smiled at them. "Maybe I was misreading the situation back there, but... I kinda felt like a little bit more was going to happen," Nick told them.

(Y/N) nodded. "Yeah, I really wanted more to happen, I... I want to be yours," (Y/N) said, in some sort of a trance, leaning closer and pecking his lips.

"They want you... Make them yours,"

Nick tilted their head up, causing them to breathe heavily as they blushed beet red. Nick leaned closer and licked their neck, causing them to whimper as they gripped his shoulders.

He opened his mouth, getting ready to bite her neck, to mark her... Then they would be his forever...

Suddenly, they heard banging upstairs, causing (Y/N) to snap out of their trance, pulling back as they looked up at the ceiling.

Nick growled slightly... Whatever was upstairs had interrupted again. "What is going on out there, Kaitlyn?" (Y/N) questioned before they heard footsteps coming closer to the room.

Their eyes widened hopped off the bed. "We have to hide! We have to hide!" (Y/N) mumbled to Nick as he sat on the side of the bed with an odd look on his face.

He tried getting up, causing (Y/N)'s eyes to widen as they leaned over to help him up. "It's okay, I got this," Nick told them as he got up.

Suddenly, Kaitlyn rushed inside, closing the door behind her. She rushed over to the two with a panicked look on her face.

"Oh my God,"

"What happened? Jesus, where's the gun!?"

Kaitlyn breathed heavily. "We gotta get out," she told the two.

"No! We have to hide!" (Y/N) told her before the three looked towards the door, hearing someone walking closer.

"No, we need to get out of here," Nick told the two. 

Kaitlyn nodded, walking over to the window and opening it. Nick grabbed (Y/N)'s hand and the two ran towards the window. The door opened and Bobby walked in. He walked forward and grabbed (Y/N) by the hair, pulling them back.

(Y/N) cried out in surprise as they let go of Nick's hand. "Gotcha girlie!" he mumbled as he pulled them back, causing (Y/N) to cry out in pain as they tried to pull away from him.

Kaitlyn and Nick turned back when they heard their cries. Nick glared at the man as he saw (Y/N) getting pulled back. "(Y/N)! Get away from them!" Nick yelled before he ran over to the two. 

Kaitlyn watched the group in slight confusion.

Bobby looked over and pushed (Y/N) to the ground as Nick stood in between the two. Bobby glared at him. "Oh, your mine," Bobby told him, causing Nick to glare at him in anger even more.

"They're mine!" he shouted at Bobby before grabbing him by the neck and choking him. Bobby tried to stop him from choking him but wasn't having much luck. Suddenly, Nick realized what he was doing, throwing Bobby to the ground next to him.

Bobby took deep breaths, trying to gain his breath back as Nick looked at his hand in shock, wondering why he did that. (Y/N) looked at Nick in awe, they didn't know why... They should be frightened, scared even, but they liked his protective side... They thought it was hot.

Kaitlyn climbed out the window as Nick kept staring at Bobby.

"Nick...?"

He turned to his right, looking down at (Y/N) who was looking at him in slight awe, but mostly confusion. "Honey!" he exclaimed before kneeling down in front of them. "Are you alright? He didn't hurt you, did he?" Nick questioned as he held their cheeks in his hands.

(Y/N) giggled slightly, setting their hands on top of his. "I'm fine, Nicky. Thanks to you," they reassured him.

Nick smiled happily before he kissed their forehead. He helped them up before leading them over to the window. He helped them out before climbing out himself.

Kaitlyn motioned the two to follow her, climbing down the steps. (Y/N) grabbed Nick's hand, pulling him along as the two walked together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The three walked down the path to the radio hut. Kaitlyn was in the lead while (Y/N) and Nick were a bit behind. (Y/N) kept glancing up at Nick, wondering what he was thinking about.

Nick, noticing their staring, looked at them. "You okay?" he asked them.

(Y/N) nodded. "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. I just... Want to thank you for protecting me. It was really brave of you," they thanked him.

Nick smiled at them. "It's not a problem, (Y/N). I wasn't gonna let him take you away from me. You're mine," Nick told them, causing them to look at him in surprise.

"I'm... Yours?" they questioned as they stopped in their path. 

Nick pulled them closer to him. "Yes..." he murmured as he nuzzled his cheek into their hair.

(Y/N) smiled, somehow not creeped out by how possessive he was being.

Nick noticed their confused look that still rested on their face, causing him to raise an eyebrow. "You okay?" he asked them.

"Yeah, I'm just thinking about earlier," they told him, causing him to hum in interest.

"Whatcha thinking about?" he asked.

"When we were cuddling before, when I looked into your eyes, I saw this flash, and suddenly... I felt the control of my mind and actions leave my mind, and... All I wanted to do was cuddle and be with you. I didn't care about what was happening outside that room, I just wanted to be with... And I still kinda feel that way. I felt like I was... Submissive to you and only you," (Y/N) explained to him.

"Huh... I kinda felt like that too. Except that there was this voice in my head telling me to make you mine... Forever. And... You agreed..." Nick trailed off as a spark of pain hit his head, causing his eyebrows to funnel in slight pain.

"Nick? Are you alright?" they asked him.

He groaned, holding his head.

"They're right there... Make them yours... Forever..."

"Nicky? Nicky?!" they whispered/yelled so Kaitlyn wouldn't hear them.

Nick looked into their eyes, with a slight tint of yellow/gold in them, causing (Y/N) to freeze as if they couldn't argue or move against him. "Does... That mean... You were lying...?" he snarled out.

(Y/N) shook their head. "No, of course not. Even though I wasn't in control of my thoughts or body at that moment, what I was saying came from the bottom of my heart... I promise..." they told him, feeling themselves sinking back into the state they were back in the med bay.

"So... You were telling the truth... That you wanted to be mine?" Nick questioned with a hopeful look on his face.

(Y/N) nodded as they stepped forward, wanting to get closer to him. "Yes... I do..." they muttered as they set a hand on his shoulder.

Nick beamed happily as the yellow/gold grew even more intense in his eyes, causing (Y/N) to smile dreamily at him as they felt everything fade away. They lifted their neck as if they knew what he wanted, causing him to smile as if he was also in a trance.

He kissed their lips for a few seconds before leaning down to their neck. He licked his lips as saliva dripped down his chin slightly, falling onto (Y/N)'s neck. He opened his mouth, ready to bite them...

"Yo!"

Nick and (Y/N) jumped back, snapping out of their trances. They looked toward Kaitlyn, who was walking back over to them with an impatient look on her face. "Look, I have no idea what the fuck is happening with you two, but this is no time to be making out right now! We need to find Abi, Ryan, and Dylan. Come on!" she told them before continuing down the path.

"Did it happen again...?" (Y/N) questioned as they rubbed their forehead.

Nick growled since Kaitlyn interrupted his and his mate's moment again. He wanted to mark them, make them his forever.

"Kill her... She ruined the moment again... She'll make a great feast for you and your mate..."

Nick groaned as he grabbed his head while his stomach throbbed in hunger pain.

(Y/N) looked at him worried. "Nicky, are you sure you're okay?" they asked him.

Nick smiled at them as much as he could. "Don't worry about me, the voice just came back that's all," he told them.

(Y/N) raised an eyebrow as the two started walking down the path again. "What'd say this time?" they asked him.

Nick tensed. 

He didn't want to bring up the fact that his brain told him to kill Kaitlyn for him and (Y/N)... Though, now that he thought about it... It did sound quite appealing right now.

Nick shook his head, trying to get the thought out of his mind. "Just about wanting to make you mine," he lied, looking away from them so they wouldn't fall into the same trance again.

(Y/N) smiled at him, patting his shoulder. "Don't worry, maybe we'll get the chance after tonight," they reassured him.

They jogged forward, wanting to catch up with Kaitlyn.

Nick froze in place after they'd said that. They... Weren't lying. He smiled widely before running over to join the two.

The group soon got to the cabins, walking towards the radio hut.

"Kat, get into a building now! Please, don't come up here. There's an animal outside the radio hut, get in- Get into a cabin, now!" the three heard Abigail's voice over the PA system.

The three exchanged a worried look before Kaitlyn motioned to Cabin 10, which was next to them.

They ran up the stairs and Kaitlyn opened the door, rushing inside. (Y/N) grabbed Nick's hand, pulling him inside before they shut the door.

Kaitlyn walked over to the window so she could get a look at the radio hut. (Y/N) walked over to her and the two spotted the animal on top of the radio hut.

"What the fuck is that...? Is that what attacked you and Nick?" Kaitlyn questioned.

"It looks like it, but... It's too far away to tell-"

(Y/N) was cut off when a high-frequency noise started playing from the radio hut. Kaitlyn covered her ears as (Y/N) heard Nick cry in pain, holding his ears as he fell to his knees.

(Y/N) covered their ears too as they went over to see if he was okay. "Nicky, are you alright?" they asked him.

"Turn it off. Make them turn it off. IT HURTS!" Nick screamed as he cried out in pain.

(Y/N) looked at him in pity before the noise suddenly stopped. They sighed in relief before noticing Nick was shaking slightly. Their eyes softened before pulling him into a hug, which he returned.

"Alright, I think they blew the speaker, but that... Thing is gone so we don't have to worry about it unless it comes back," Kaitlyn informed the two as Nick and (Y/N) pulled apart.

"Are you sure it's safe to leave though?" they questioned.

"I'll go check," Kaitlyn said, walking over to the door as Nick and (Y/N) stood up. Kaitlyn opened the door and walked down the steps towards Abigail, Dylan, and Ryan, who were walking over to them, with a little bit of blood covering the three of them.

"ABI!" Kaitlyn exclaimed, running over to hug the girl. Abigail blushed, hugging Kaitlyn back. (Y/N) and Nick walked down the steps as the two girls pulled apart. "Are you okay? You hurt?" Kaitlyn questioned.

Abigail shook her head. "No, no. I'm okay," she told her.

Kaitlyn nodded before she looked over to Ryan. "Is it safe!?" she asked.

Ryan nodded. "I think we're okay for now," he reassured her as he walked past her, with Dylan at his side.

Kaitlyn and Abigail followed alongside them as Nick and (Y/N) followed close behind. "We ran into one of those hunter guys," Kaitlyn informed the three.

"Ah crap," Ryan muttered.

"Chased us out of the lodge. I think we lost them on the way up here though. You get a message out?" Kaitlyn questioned.

Ryan nodded. "I think so," he told her, sounding unsure.

Kaitlyn sighed. "Great..." she muttered.

The group stopped by the big tree in the middle of the camp. (Y/N) walked forward, standing in front of the group before turning back to them.

"What the hell was going on up-"

They cut themselves off when they spotted the state of Dylan. Blood was all over him and one of his hands was missing.

They gasped before walking over to him, setting a hand on his shoulder. "Holy fuck, Dylan. What happened?!" they exclaimed in both shock and fear.

Dylan glanced down at his now missing hand. "Oh, um... I'm okay, I mean... I'm not, uh- But it doesn't hurt..." Dylan slightly rambled.

(Y/N) stepped back as Nick walked up to them, wrapping an arm around their waist. "Okay, you're in shock. Holy fucking shit..." (Y/N) trailed off as Nick pulled them closer, trying to calm them down.

Kaitlyn looked over at Ryan and Abigail. "Did that... Thing... Do this?" she questioned the two.

Abigail looked down. "Well..." she trailed off.

"No... Well... Sort of, it- It-"

Ryan was cut off when a gunshot rang through the air, causing the group to tense up as they looked around.

Abigail looked over at Kailyn. "Kat, where's your gun?" she asked her.

Kaitlyn looked at her. "I lost it. One of the friendly locals wanted to say hi," she informed Abigail before she looked back towards the pool.

Another gunshot rang out, causing the group to jump. Suddenly, they saw a girl running towards the pool. "What the fuck?" Dylan muttered in confusion.

"Did she shoot at us?" Kaitlyn questioned as the women hopped over a wall into the pool area, thanks to a broken fence.

"Who's there!?" Ryan shouted, but got no reply.

(Y/N) and Nick exchanged a look before running to the pool to find her.

"Who was she?" Dylan questioned.

Kaitlyn looked over at Dylan. "Should we follow her?" she questioned.

Dylan sighed before running after (Y/N) and Nick. Kaitlyn grabbed Abigail's hand, causing her to blush as Kaitlyn pulled her along. Ryan followed close behind.

Nick helped (Y/N) climb into the pool area. Once they were over the wall, he climbed over after them. The two walked over to the pool, seeing a red substance in there.

Dylan, Kaitlyn, and Abigail joined them as the three walked over to them. "Aw, shit, guys! What is that?" Kaitlyn questioned as she glanced over at the others.

Ryan joined them as something floated to the surface.

It was a dead body.

(Y/N) gasped as they stepped back in shock. Abigail gasped even louder as Kaitlyn pulled her into a side hug.

Tears fell from (Y/N) eyes at the sight of the body. "Oh my God...!" they whispered as Nick pulled them into a hug, which they returned as the group stared at the body in the water.

"Is she like... One of those hunter dudes?" Kaitlyn questioned.

"I don't think so," Ryan commented, his voice cracking slightly.

Abigail glanced over at him. "You okay?" she asked him.

"I don't know how that other girl was. I've never seen her before," Ryan told her.

Kaitlyn nodded in agreement. "Me neither... But her?" she asked, nodding her head towards the body.

Ryan nodded slowly. "Yeah. That's... Kaylee Hackett," Ryan informed them, causing Abigail and Kaitlyn to look at him in shock.

"Mr. His daughter? I thought she went home with her brother," Abigail commented.

Dylan noticed Ryan's distraught expression as he stared at the body of his friend. Dylan stepped closer and wrapped an arm around Ryan's shoulders.

"Kaylee. Yeah. I thought so too," Ryan agreed as he leaned his head onto Dylan's shoulder.

"Oh, man. Poor Kaylee..." Kaitlyn muttered.

Suddenly, Nick tightened his grip on (Y/N), causing them to funnel their eyebrows in confusion. "Nicky..." they trailed off, blushing slightly.

"You smell so good..." Nick muttered into their ear, causing them to blush even harder.

But Kaitlyn ended up hearing him. "You alright there, bud? Maybe dial it back a bit, huh?" she slightly joked, but was mostly concerned.

Nick lifted his head to look at Kaitlyn, glaring at her at he could kill her. "Fuck off, Kaitlyn," he growled at her before pulling (Y/N) tightly back into his embrace.

"Whoa... Nick!" Abigail exclaimed in shock as (Y/N) blushed even more. They liked the possessive side of Nick, they really did for some reason.

Ryan and Dylan turned to look at the two in confusion, wondering what the hell was happening.

Nick buried his head in the crook of their neck as much as he could, since he was taller than them.

(A/N: I'm sorry if you're taller than Nick. If so, ignore the last bit)

"Make them yours... Bite them... They'll obey you... Forever..."

Nick smiled as he sniffed in their scent. He just needed to bite them and they'll be just like him. It sounded... Perfect.

"I want to taste you... Make you mine..." Nick whispered but everyone could hear him.

(Y/N)'s face went all red with his words. There would definitely be a high chance that if they were looking into his eyes at this moment, they would follow his words and allow him to do so, and maybe now if the others weren't looking at them.

"Nicky... Maybe later- Ah!"

They felt Nick's teeth graze their skin, but... It felt so right. Like they had to be in there. Even weirder, his teeth were all sharper than they normally would.

A shudder went up their spine and their brain switched off for a second. Nick brought their long/short hair away from their neck. His teeth touched their skin, ready to bite into them.

"Get off of them!"

Suddenly, Nick was pushed away from them and into the pool by Dylan while Abigail pulled them away from the edge.

"Nick!" (Y/N) yelled out before turning to Dylan with a glare on their face. "Why the hell would you push him into the pool with a dead body, Dylan?!"

Dylan held his hand/wrist up in defense. "Okay, I'll admit that pushing Nick into the pool was a little far, but... He, I, wha- He was about to bite you in the neck!" Dylan explained, motioning to their neck.

(Y/N) sighed before stepping closer to the edge of the pool. "... Nick? Nicky?!" they called out, worried for their partner.

Suddenly, Nick came up to the surface, seemingly screaming in pain, like the water was hurting him.

"Whoa!" Ryan commented in both shock and confusion.

"Are you okay?!" Kaitlyn shouted in worry.

"I just... Didn't want him to bite (Y/N)..." Dylan told the group, completely shocked about what was happening.

"Nick! Dude!" Ryan shouted at him.

(Y/N)'s heart broke as they kneeled to the side of the pool. "Nicky! Grab my hand. I'll get you out of there!" (Y/N) shouted, holding out their hand.

Nick barely managed to grab but once he did, (Y/N) pulled him out of the pool. Nick laid on the ground, shivering from both the pain and from the cold.

Dylan put his hand on his head. "What the hell did I do?!" he exclaimed in worry.

Ryan set a hand on his shoulder. "You were just trying to help (Y/N), it's not your fault," Ryan reassured him.

(Y/N) set a hand on Nick's arm, gasping as they pulled their hand back. "He's so cold..." they muttered as they looked over to Kaitlyn and Abigail.

"Okay, l-let's get him in the pool house," Ryan pointed behind him. "Dry him off,"

(Y/N) nodded before helping Nick up, leading him towards the pool house with the others following close behind them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) laid Nick's head down onto three towels as Abigail brought over a heater to help warm up faster.

They smiled at her. "Thanks, Abi," they told her.

Abigail nodded before she walked over to the rest of the group.

"Honey..." Nick trailed off.

"Shh, just try to rest," (Y/N) told him as they set a hand on his cheek.

"Fuck... I'm sorry... I don't know what came over me..." he tried to explain but they shushed him.

"Nicky, it's fine. Don't worry about it. In a weird way... I kinda liked it," (Y/N) whispered to him.

Nick's eyes widened in surprise. "Really...?" he choked out.

They nodded. "Really,"

With the rest of the group, Ryan and Dylan were sitting together while Abigail and Kaitlyn sat opposite them on two chairs they found.

Kaitlyn checked Dylans's wrist, where his hand once was. "Ahh!" he exclaimed in pain, causing her to retract her hand.

"Quite moving so much!" Kaitlyn told him before she sat back down. "It's pretty clean from what I could tell. I mean, it's not bleeding. But you need to see a doctor,"

Dylan grabbed his wrist, holding it in pain as Ryan rubbed his shoulder, trying to make him forget about the pain as much as he could.

Kaitlyn sighed before pulling out a bottle of painkillers. "Look, this is all I got left from the nurse's station," she informed him, holding out the bottle to him.

Dylan grabbed it with a small smile. "Ooh. Fun," he joked before he tipped the pills into his mouth, swallowing them.

"You better hope we find you some real help before they wear off," Kaitlyn told him as he set the bottle down next to him.

"Guys, I think we should be keeping a record of everything that happens going forward, for the police," Abigail suggested.

Dylan nodded slowly. "Yeah... Dead girl in the pool needs some explaining, huh," he commented, causing Ryan to scoff slightly.

"Ugh. Easy man," Ryan told him.

Dylan looked at him apologetically. "Sorry... I didn't mean it like that," he apologized.

"I think Abi means like photos, whatever we can find. I've got a funny feeling the cops are not gonna wanna believe any of this crazy shit unless we got some hard proof," Kaitlyn told the three.

"From now on... If you got your phone, and you see something, take a photo or video or whatever," Ryan told them.

Abigail nodded. "Yeah," she said before she looked over to (Y/N) and Nick. "You okay over there, (Y/N)?"

(Y/N) glanced over at her. "Yeah..." they told her before they moved the heater closer to Nick.

"There! That better?" they asked him.

Nick smiled at them. "Thanks, honey," he thanked them.

(Y/N) smiled as they grabbed his hand, holding it.

Kaitlyn looked over at the two. "Yo, something is not right with that boy," she commented.

Dylan nodded in agreement. "Dude is real sick," he added.

"Did you see how he freaked out in the water?" Ryan asked them.

"Yeah, he was like a... Was like a fish out of water. Right?" Dylan questioned.

"Uh... Sure," Ryan replied.

"You know... Something was weird when I tried to clean his wounds, too. At the lodge," Kaitlyn informed them, causing Abigail to raise an eyebrow.

"He did? What do you mean?" she asked with confusion.

"Well, all of his clothes were all bloody, but... I couldn't find where he was bit or scratched. Or whatever. He just kept moving around. Like he didn't want me to see how badly he was hurt. But the craziest thing was, he kept asking where (Y/N) was and told me to get them because he needed them so badly," Kaitlyn explained.

"Huh..." Ryan muttered in thought.

"Rabies?" Dylan suggested.

"He's not frothing at the mouth," Ryan told them

Abigail smirked slightly. "I think (Y/N) would beg to differ," she commented, causing Kaitlyn to laugh slightly.

"Point," Ryan told her.

Abigail looked back over at the two. "Hey, isn't aquaphobia a symptom of rabies?" she questioned as she looked back at the other three.

"Hydrophobia. Yeah. But I think it's more about a fear of drinking. Not just getting wet. This was like..." Ryan trailed off.

"Like my cat in the bathtub," Dylan commented/joked, causing Ryan to laugh slightly.

"Yeah," Ryan agreed.

Nick's darkened as he looked up at his partner. "(Y/N)..." he trailed off.

(Y/N) raised an eyebrow at him. "Yeah...?" they asked.

"Can I ask you something?" he asked, causing them to nod with a smile.

"Of course," they told them.

"Do you... Love me?" he asked them, black veins starting to show through his skin.

"Nick, of course, I do. Why would you think otherwise?" they questioned.

"If you do... Then why don't you let me make you mine?" Nick asked, his voice cracking in pain.

His eyes started turning a shade of gold, which was hard for (Y/N) to look away from.

After a few seconds, they turned their head away from him so that they wouldn't fall into the trance again.

"I do... But I thought we agreed we were going to wait until after camp to-"

(Y/N) was cut off when Nick grabbed their chin, trying to turn their face back towards his.

"Nick-"

"Look at me!" he growled at them as they fought against his grip. But they did catch a glimpse of his eyes, causing them to lose control of their thoughts and body for a second but looked away fast enough.

"Nicky, please... I don't-"

They were cut off when Nick forcefully turned their head towards his. They looked into his eyes and... They couldn't look away. Like something bad would happen if they did.

Nick smiled creepily as he noticed they had stopped struggling. He pulled them closer to him.

"I'm going to make you mine... My little mate..." Nick growled at them before opening his mouth.

Abigail heard growling, so she looked over and saw what Nick was doing. "What the fuck?!" she exclaimed in shock, causing everyone to look over at the two.

Nick bites down on their neck, causing them to gasp in pain but mostly weird pleasure.

"Nick, what the actually fuck?!" Kaitlyn exclaimed in shock as Dylan got up, walking over to the two.

Dylan pulled Nick away from (Y/N), but the damage had already been done. "Bro, what the fuck?" Dylan questioned as Nick let go of (Y/N)'s neck.

Nick turned to look at him with a glare, and if looks could kill, Dylan would be sixteen feet under. (Y/N) opened their eyes and they were now a weird amber color. They glared at Dylan while crossing their arms. "They're mine!!" Nick yelled before pushing (Y/N) back... Well, meant to.

Since he didn't know his own strength yet, he accidentally threw them into the lockers. Dylan stepped back from Nick in shock as Ryan, Kaitlyn, and Abigail got up from their seats.

"Whoa..." Ryan commented in shock.

(Y/N) cried slightly in pain as they rubbed the back of their head in pain. Their skin suddenly started to burn like it was on fire, though it was faint. 

"Be next to him... You need him..."

"Nick..." they whimpered, causing him to look over at them. His skin turned even more grey as his eyes sharpened with more gold in them.

"Honey..." he muttered as he walked slowly over to them.

Abigail quickly snatched the gun from Ryan, shooting Nick in the shoulder. He cried out in pain as the bullet hit his shoulder. He fell to the ground, groaning in pain as he felt something wanting to burst out of him.

"Just let it out... You've almost claimed them... Just let it out and take them away to claim them fully..."

"I can't hurt them any more than I already have... They've been acting weirdly and I don't want to hurt them..."

"They are our mate..."

Nick smiled slightly before the pain grew even more than it already had been before. He started getting up slowly before the beast inside was finally let out, causing his skin to break off of him, covering his friends in his blood.

Abigail dropped the gun in shock as she, Kaitlyn, Ryan, and Dylan looked at what Nick became in disbelief.

Suddenly, it ran towards (Y/N), picked them up, ran towards the window, and burst out of it. 

"(Y/N)!" Dylan and Abigail called in unison as they heard the creature let out a howl as it ran away from the pool house. The four exchanged a look, wondering what the hell had just taken place there.

In the woods, (Y/N) finally felt the pain leave them as they felt Nick carry them through the woods. They snuggled into his chest with a small smile on their face, causing Nick to growl happily.

Once they got into the deepest part of the woods, Nick set (Y/N) down gently on the ground. He kneeled down next to them before licking the mark that he'd left on their shoulder blade. He purred slightly at the fact that they were his.

(Y/N) opened their eyes, which were still amber, and smiled lovingly at the beast. "Oh, Nicky... Do you feel any more pain?" they asked him, petting his forehead.

He purred as he licked their face, causing them to giggle in response.

Suddenly, they shivered, hugging themselves as a cold wind went past. Nick tilted his head as they smiled, trying to reassure him. "Don't worry, Nick. I'm just cold... But I don't think I'll be for long since you bit me... So I think I'll turn into what you are soon," they reassured him.

Nick nuzzled their chest before getting on top of them, nuzzling his head into their neck. (Y/N) blushed as they wrapped their arms around him, smiling at the feeling of their boyfriend on them. They closed their eyes, feeling like they were about to fall asleep right then and there.

Suddenly, the twig snapped nearby in the bushes, causing Nick to get up from (Y/N), growling as he stepped closer to the trees. (Y/N) sat up, trying to figure out what was in the bushes. They opened their mouth to speak before a hand covered their mouth.

They were pulled up to their feet by someone that was in their late 70's/early 80s. He glared at them as he backed away from the creature, pulling out a syringe that would knock them out.

He poked it into their skin, causing the sedative in the syringe to start to take effect.

"Nicky..."

Their eyes started to droop close as Nick turned around, growling at the man that held his mate. The last thing (Y/N) saw, was the hunter from the lodge creep up behind Nick.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) opened their eyes slightly to see themselves in some sort of cage, bathed in red light. They couldn't get up since their muscles felt like jelly. They glanced around the room to see if anyone was in any of the cages next to them but didn't see anything.

They heard growling next to them and saw Nick standing nearby, growling as he looked around. He hadn't seemed to notice that (Y/N) was awake at all.

Suddenly, they heard someone approaching the cage the two of them were in, so they shut their eyes slightly, pretending to be still knocked out. "Ohhh, looky, looky. Aw," the older woman said as she stopped in front of the cages. "So, these are our new guests," she commented before she stepped closer to the cage.

"I smell good, don't I, beast...?" the lady said before she held a hand out towards the cage.

Nick slowly walked towards the wall of the cage. "Go on. Take a bite. C'mon," the lady said before he tried to charge at her, but was stopped when he was electrocuted. "Ooh- ooh!" she laughed as Nick whined slightly in pain. "Dumb fuckin' animal," she muttered as she walked away from the cage and out of the room.

Once she was gone, (Y/N) turned my head to look at Nick. "Nick..." they muttered, barely. 

He turned to look at them, seemingly whining happily. He trotted over to them before sitting down in front of them. They smiled weakly at him as they felt themselves falling back into unconsciousness. He licked their face before nipping at the mark that he gave them back in the pool house.

They hummed happily as their eyelids grow heavy, indicating that they started to close. Nick, who must've noticed, licked their cheek before stepping over them, and lying down behind them. He wrapped an arm around their waist, pulling them closer.

Nick started purring as he nuzzled his head into the back of their neck. (Y/N) moved closer to him before the world faded around them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey!"

(Y/N) felt pain flow throughout their body as they opened their eyes. They sat up slowly as they noticed Ryan standing in front of the cage, looking back at someone. "Bad idea," they heard someone mutter.

"Ryan...?" they whispered as they stood up, grabbing their head in pain.

Ryan looked over to look at them, stepping back as they noticed Nick by their side. "Holy shit... (Y/N), you okay?" he asked/whispered to them.

They nodded as Nick tried to pull them back to him, and as much as they want to, they held back. "I'm fine... Just fell a bit light-headed and hungry... Like, really hungry," they told him as they held their stomach.

"She's been bitten.." they heard someone mutter from behind Ryan, causing Nick to growl as if he understood that Laura got their pronouns wrong.

Ryan turned to look at her. "Laura, their Non-Binary... They/Them pronouns," Ryan told her.

Laura nodded. "Right... Sorry," she apologized, causing Nick growling to stop slightly.

"Holy shit..."

(Y/N) looked over and saw Jacob locked in a cell, next to them. "Jacob?" they questioned, causing Jacob to look over at them.

"(Y/N), what are you doing here? With that thing as well?" he questioned, motioning to Nick.

Nick growled at Jacob before he tried to charge at Jacob, but was stopped by the electricity. He yelped in pain as he stepped back, licking one of his paws.

"Nick!" they cried as they kneeled down next to him. "Are you okay?" they questioned, causing him to nudge his head against their cheek, appreciating the concern from his mate.

Jacob looked at the two in the cage in shock. "Wait... Wait... That's Nick?! Then why are you in there?!" he questioned.

(Y/N) pointed to their neck as they glanced over at Jacob. "He bit me just before he turned, so I guess those hunters threw me into the same cell just in case," they explained.

"Then your gonna turn into a werewolf soon," Laura informed them.

(Y/N) looked over at her as they continued to pet Nick. "So, these creatures are werewolves... That makes a lot more sense..." they commented.

Jacob looked between the two groups in shock. "Holy shit... Those things are werewolves..." he muttered to himself before he looked over at (Y/N). "So, your gonna turn into one, (Y/N)?" he questioned.

(Y/N) sighed as they crossed their arms. "Yep. And I'm starting to feel the effects coming on... I don't think I have long left," they informed before they groaned in pain, falling to their knees as they became even more hungry and felt their bones twist inside them.

Jacob noticed them becoming paler before stepping closer to where Ryan and Laura stood outside the cages. "Holy shit... Look, you gotta get me out of here, man. Seriously," Jacob pleaded.

"How? It's electrified! And I don't know if you deserve getting out of there after the way you treated (Y/N) over the summer," Ryan reminded him.

"Look, I'm sorry for the way I treated he- Them over the summer. And after this is all over, I'll apologize properly, to both Nick and (Y/N). Just please let me out of here," Jacob reasoned as (Y/N) groans of pain grew worse.

Ryan looked over at (Y/N) and Nick, to see Nick comforting his mate as best he can while they were about to transform. He sighed before looking back at Jacob. "Fine. I think it's properly best to get you out of there since (Y/N) is about to transform. Do you know a way to stop the cage from being electrified?" Ryan questioned.

"There's a box, in the corner of the room. I think that's how they're operated, okay? I saw this old guy- Hunter dude from the woods? He used that," Jacob explained as Laura stepped closer to the cage, pointing the gun towards Nick.

"Have you been bitten?" Ryan asked him.

Jacob looked over and noticed what Laura was doing. "Is she crazy?" Jacob questioned, motioning to Laura.

Ryan turned around and noticed Laura was about to shoot Nick, but Ryan stood in front of her, moving the gun away. "Wait!" he told her.

(Y/N) turned their gaze towards the two. "What are you doing...?" they questioned, anger clear in their voice.

"It's him!" Laura told him.

Ryan shook his head. "No, it's not. That's Nick," Ryan told her.

Laura raised an eyebrow. "How do you know? They could be lying!" Laura exclaimed, motioning to (Y/N).

"Who the hell is she?" Jacob questioned.

Ryan looked back to Jacob. "She's in charge," he told Jacob before looking back at Laura. "You've already got it wrong once. And I know for a fact that that is Nick," Ryan told her, motioning behind him.

Laura's eyes widened as she hit her forehead. "Shoot, I forgot. Sorry," Laura apologized.

"Hey listen, okay, they said they've already got three of us accounted for. Whatever that means..." Jacob trailed off.

Ryan looked over at (Y/N) and Nick. "You two gonna be alright until morning?" Ryan asked them.

Nick growled at him as (Y/N) nodded, sitting down as they groaned in pain. "Yeah... I'd rather be in here than out in the woods, possibly hurting someone," they reassured him.

"Yeah, Ryan! Ryan! You gotta get me out of here. Okay, seriously man," Jacob pleaded.

"It... It was mine. They took it- They took it!"

Ryan and Laura looked up to the ceiling as they heard arguing coming from upstairs. "They're close," Laura muttered before she walked past Jacob's cage, wanting to find a way up. 

Ryan looked over at Jacob. "Okay, okay... Help me through it," Ryan requested, causing Jacob to nod.

"Okay... So... All I know... Is you have to open my door and that door," Jacob informed him, motioning to two different doors. The one to his cell and the one that led out of the cells. "And definitely NOT that door," Jacob added, motioning to the cell (Y/N) and Nick was in.

(Y/N) glared at him as their eyes glowed a bright amber, their skin turned to a light grey shade. "HEY!" they growled, their voice becoming disoriented.

Jacob looked at them in fear as Ryan shrugged at Jacob's comment. "Oh cool, thanks Detective," Ryan sarcastically commented, causing Jacob to look over at him with a glare.

"Okay, fuck you, man. I'm trying to help," Jacob yelled at him.

"No- Fuck YOU! I'M trying to help!" Ryan yelled back.

"Shut up! Shut up! Okay, there's a console on the wall over there. Like a box, or whatever. You should be able to use those switches to isolate each cage," Jacob informed him.

"Okay. Hang tight," Ryan told him before the two heard groaning.

They looked over to see (Y/N) on their hands and knees as sweat poured down their face. "I-I'm sorry... I tried... I tried..." they trailed off.

They felt their bones shifting before they felt themselves bursting.

Everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) groaned as they opened their eyes, pain all over their body. The moon was still up high in the sky as they sat up, looking around and noticing that they were in the middle of the woods.

They looked down at their hands and noticed that they were their human, pink fleshy hands with blood covering them. They looked down at themselves and noticed that their clothes were completely torn apart, clinging to them.

The only thing that was still intact was their bra and panties.

"Honey!"

They looked behind them and saw Nick sitting up, covered in blood with his clothes clinging to his body. "Nicky..." they whispered before they scooted closer to him.

Nick opened his arms and pulled them into his embrace. (Y/N) wrapped their arms around his back as Nick sat them on his lap. (Y/N) relaxed instantly in his arms as they set their head in the crook of his neck.

"Are you alright...?" Nick asked them.

They nodded slowly as they nuzzled their head further into his neck. "Yeah... I'm okay... Just a small headache... But you, are you okay?" they asked him, eyes pouring into his.

Nick smiled at them. "I'm fine, but... What happened exactly? I remember entering the pool house, but after that is just a blur..." he admitted.

"Well, remember when we were attacked in the woods?" (Y/N) said, causing Nick to nod slowly in confusion. 

"Yeah...? Why?" Nick questioned.

"It... It was a werewolf that attacked us," (Y/N) informed him, causing Nick to look at them in shock.

"Really?! And I... We...?" Nick stuttered, causing (Y/N) to nod.

"Yeah, when your leg was torn apart, you got infected... And then you bit me in the pool house," they explained to him.

Nick let out a breath of disbelief as he tried to wrap his head around what he'd just heard. Werewolves? That sounds like something out of a horror movie, but it does make some sort of sense.

"But... How...? Why are there werewolves here of all places?" Nick asked them.

"I think it's best if you ask Ryan or the others that. I know just as much as you do," they told him.

"Okay, I'll keep that in mind," Nick muttered to them as he pulled them closer.

They stayed like that for some minutes, just holding each other as the moon slowly sank in the sky, an hour away until dawn.

(Y/N) looked up and saw the sky getting brighter, but it was mostly dark out. They started to get out of Nick's arms. "C'mon, we should get back to the lodge," they told him.

"Stay... In his arms... Your safe with him..."

(Y/N) paused when they heard the voice in their head. Their face relaxed before they settled back into Nick's arms. "Actually... Let's just stay here a little bit longer," they muttered, closing their eyes as they wrapped their arms around Nick again.

Nick stared down at them as his eyes flashed yellow for a quick second. He smiled before he pulled them closer, kissing their cheek for a second before resting his head on top of theirs.

Even after everything that happened, Love still managed to flow through the two's veins in a Rush.

~~~

I hope you enjoyed this oneshot.

Sorry, it took so long to come out. I've been busy with exams.

The next oneshot I'm doing is of Max, but I don't know how long that'll be until it comes out.

Also, I do like Jacob, I don't think he's awful or anything like that. He is a normal human being with flaws like the rest of us. While writing the summary to this oneshot to give myself a little footing to write from, the idea came into my head and I rolled with it.

I'm sorry to all the Jacob stans.

Make sure to check out the one I did on Dylan, it's a little bit longer than this one, but it's still a treat.

Anyway, thank you for reading and I'll see you next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9K 611 33
nick furcillo x fem!reader | y/n custos decides to join her brother in becoming a counselor at Hacketts Quarry Summer Camp. expecting to gain fun mem...
171K 3K 43
I decided to make this book because there's not a lot of male characters x male reader oneshot books. :p Also if the grammar is bad or something is s...
4.8K 126 13
I'll survive. Somehow, I always do. [EMMA MOUNTEBANK. FEM OC. THE QUARRY FANFIC.] ©IMNOTDAREDEVIL [Artwork belongs to omardogan1976]
931 20 1
A Dylan Lenivy Oneshot. {Takes place during the Quarry} (This book contains Gayness, so don't read if you are against it) (I fell in love with Dylan...