The Woman at The End of The W...

Autorstwa VRLove7

Vanessa Taylor, a sassy blue haired, tattooed cosmetologist with a mouth of a sailor was born and raised in O... Więcej

authors note
prologue.
new message.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twentyone.
twentytwo.
twentythree.
twentyfour.
twentyfive.
twentysix.
twentyseven.
twentyeight.
twentynine.
thirty.
thirtyone.
thirtytwo.
intermission.
thirtythree.
thirtyfour.
thirtyfive.
thirtysix.
thirtyseven.
thirtyeight.
thirtynine.
forty.
fortyone.
fortytwo.
fortythree.
fortyfour.
fortyfive.
fortysix.
fortyseven.
fortyeight.
fifty.
fiftyone.
fiftytwo.
fiftythree.
fiftyfour.
fiftyfive.
fiftysix.
fiftyseven.
fiftyeight.
fiftynine.
sixty.
sixtyone.
sixtytwo.
sixtythree.
sixtyfour.
intermission 2.0
sixtyfive.
sixtysix.
sixtyseven.
sixtyeight.
sixtynine.
seventy.
seventyone.
seventytwo.
seventythree.
seventyfour.
seventyfive.
seventysix.
seventyseven.
seventyeight.
seventynine.
eighty.
eightyone.
eightytwo.
eightythree
eightyfour.
eightyfive.
eightysix.
eightyseven.
eightyeight.
eightynine.
ninety.
ninetyone.
ninetytwo.
ninetythree.
ninetyfour.
ninetyfive.
ninetysix.
ninetyseven.
ninetyeight.
ninetynine.
intermission 3.0
onehundred.
onehundredone.
onehundredtwo.
onehundredthree.
onehundredfour.
onehundredfive.
onehundredsix.
onehundredseven.
onehundredeight.
onehundrednine.

fortynine.

702 18 2
Autorstwa VRLove7

(Trigger warning - abuse.)

I park the truck at the quarry, leaving the car running until I build the nerves to head back and face everyone I had left behind. "We walk from here. We are maybe an hour out on foot." I explain that Negan would demand to hand over whatever we bring back if he's there. It's best to look like I came up to empty. Hilltop is barely getting by because of this greedy asshole. I have no doubt that we face the same fate. "I got an idea to twist the truth." She nods, face unreadable. I reach for her hand, "it's okay. If Rick puts up with me, he will gladly accept you into the fold." Sighing, "I still wonder why he took a chance on me." I confess out loud, feeling my own unease crawl up my spine.

Her hazel eyes flick to the windshield, watching the world around us. "You didn't mention you had a sister, did you?" She asks suddenly, her face somber.

"No. There's a lot about me Rick still doesn't know." I trail off, "Maggie knows, for what it's worth. Jordan, Wren, Kelly and Charlee are there, too." I reassure her to the best of my ability.

"Maggie? Isn't that the one you call a sister? Your friends didn't seem to care for me. Why would...?" I know she's doubting Rick taking her in. But I have a feeling he will without hesitation. She smiles sadly, "you've always been like that." Her eyes return to me, "I wish we had a better relationship."

"As long as they've been around, they didn't know you because you treated us like we were beneath you, Tor. You didn't exactly make it easy for them." I turn off the engine, frowning. "We are just total opposites. It happens."

"But so are you and Daryl."

I close my eyes at the mention of his name, pain soars through blood. I know he's not waiting for me back there. "By first glance, maybe, but no; the scars we wear on our souls are similar. We are both warriors and survivors. He's been through some shit, too, in his past life." I find myself staring out the driver's side window, "you know it's not too late, we can head back, or go somewhere else."

In the corner of my eye, I watch as she grabs hold of her resolve, reaching for the door. "Nope, they need you." My hand snatches her gun, tossing it under the seat. Her questioning gaze meets mine.

"No guns. They will take it. We need to keep this a secret until we know it's safe. I don't know what is waiting for us back there." I hick my thumb in the direction of the community. "If we get into trouble, I can take down the walkers with my knife. But we cleared the herd that was here. We should be fine." My eyes find Jamie, "you stick close and listen to everything I say, okay?" He nods under my order. "If I say run, run straight until you come up on gates. Tell them I sent you, okay?"

"Okay." He whispers. I grab his hand squeezing.

"I'll keep you safe, kid." I promise.

The gates swing open at our arrival, I hang my head. Cars and men that don't belong here litter the entrance. "Fuck. We got company," I whisper to Tori and Jamie, "stay close, don't say anything and follow my lead." We step through the threshold, making it barely two feet in before one of Negan's cronies, a darker man, smirking, putting his hand up to stop us from going any further, deciding to pat us down for safe measure, or because they feel like being assholes. It's hard to tell with this group sometimes. I raise my arms, glowering and angry. "I just have a knife. You don't need to frisk us." I glance over, seeing Victoria's face twist up in annoyance as she endures the same punishment. Can't say I didn't warn her.

"Where were you? Negan was looking forward to seeing you yesterday." His deep voice reaches my ears.

Surprise shocks my veins. My head snaps up, he was already here? Why the hell is he back so soon? "Vacation. Charles Manson wannabe gave me a killer migraine and needed to get away." I sneer. "Beach is beautiful this time of the year. You should go and drown."

Victoria's eyes widen. I shrug.

"Vanessa?" I peer over my shoulder, seeing Rick stalk out of the white van. He walks over, taking me into an embrace. "When did you get back?" He whispers into my ear. Relief washes over his bearded face as he searches my deposition.

I glance over his shoulder, seeing Aaron behind the wheel of the van. He smiles, waving in greeting. I grin, returning the sentiment.

"Just now." He nods, I watch as his blue eyes find Victoria and Jamie, standing just behind me; he returns his questioning gaze to me. "Later," is all I offer. I peer over to Victoria, observing as she scrutinizes officer friendly. Recognition shines behind her hazel eyes from the pictures she had snooped through.

"Okay, 'cause we have a lot to talk about it." He orders, patting my arm. "Glad to have you back."

"You can go now." The same man from before waves me through, cutting off any response I had to my leader. Rick starts to follow, but is quickly rooted in his place, "not you."

I step back, not wanting to leave without him, I don't trust these people alone with anyone in my family. No one ever said I didn't have trust issues. My hands balls into fists as a tense argument break out over something that was found in the van. In the blink of an eye, Aaron is on the ground, getting the shit beat out of him, mercilessly. "No!" I snarl, memories of Abraham and Glenn flash through my mind, fear and anger pumping through my blood.

I make a move to step in when a hand grips my wrist. I look over, seeing Kelly standing before me. "No, he'll be okay. There's something you need to see and we need to talk." He breathes out. His attention spots Victoria. "Tori? Well shit, looks like Ness brought the Calvary, huh?"

"Hey Kelly..." She runs a nervous hand through her hair.

Kelly drags her into a hug, relieved to see my big sister. "I'm glad to see you're alive. Vanessa is going to need it." He steps out of the embrace. He gestures for us to follow. "Owen killed Jordan."

I stop, "Owen did what? What the hell happened, Kells?" I feel the world around me stop spinning. Jordan's dead?

He rounds on me, putting his finger to his mouth. Shaking his head, "stop, he's here. You need to keep your cool, okay? Anyway, I need you to know, I got your letter to Daryl. He's alive. He's been better, but he's alive."

"What?" I stutter. Feeling the world around begin to blur. "He's alive? Oh! Thank god." My hand finds my forehead, fearing that I might pass out. Jordan was murdered by Owen. He always hated the friendship we maintained after the divorce. He got his fucking wish.

"I told you, you needed to come back, Nessa." Tori adds, hands finding my back, rubbing calmly. "He's alive."

We walk to the back of the crowd that's milling around on the street in front of the Grimes' residence. I stalk to the sidewalk that leads into my former house. My boots clack along the pavement with each step. My company on my heels. I cross my arms, watching Spencer and Negan play pool. I roll my eyes, not surprised. "Oh good, he looks more like Ted Bundy than Manson with his shaved face." I snicker, not caring if he hears. Kelly grabs my shoulder in warning. I shake him off.

I find Owen, sauntering through the crowd with ease, keeping me in his sight. I wave, smiling before flipping my favorite one finger salute. I'm not in the mood for his shit.

Negan's eyes zero in on me, grinning before turning back to Spencer.  "You know, I'm thinking, Spencer. I'm thinking how Rick threatened to kill me, how he clearly hates my guts. But he is out there right now, gathering shit for me to make sure I don't hurt any of the fine people that live here." He points to the only still breathing Monroe family member, "the guy who waited for Rick to be gone so he could sneak over and talk to me to get me to do his dirty work, so he could take Rick's place. So I got to ask; if you wanna take over, why not just kill Rick yourself and just take over?"

Spencer puts his hand up, "what? No, no. I didn't -- I don't --" He stutters, fearing Negan's sudden full attention.

Negan smirks, "you know what I'm thinking? 'Cause I have a guess. It's because you got no guts." I watch in horror as Spencer falls to the ground suddenly, cradling the organs and blood that's pouring out of his stomach.

Remembering the boy beside me, I jump into action without hesitating. "Jamie, inside now! Stay away from the windows." I bark out, turning. I grab for his face, pointing him in the direction of my old house. I don't turn back until the door closes behind him. I return my attention to the man in front of me, keeping my hand on my knife.

"Oh! How embarrassing. There they are. They were inside you the whole time. You did have guts. I've never been so wrong in my whole life!" He laughs, gesturing to Spencer's lifeless on the ground. Victoria makes a horrified sound, bringing her hand to her mouth. "Now, someone ought to get up here and clean this mess up. Oh. Anyone want to finish the game?" Negan spreads his arms, grinning like he didn't just slice open someone's stomach. "C'mon. Anybody? Anybody? C'mon. I was winning!" I flinch at the sound of a gun going off. I spot Rosita holding a gun towards Negan. "Shit! What the shit?! Shit! You just-" Negan's face twists in fury, pointing to her. "You tried to kill me?! You shot Lucille!" He bellows.

I tighten the grip on my knife, dragging it out of its holder, watching the scene play out in front of me.  A dark woman with black and blonde curly hair tackles Rosita to the ground, holding a knife to her face.

Rosita spits, "she got in the way."

I cock my head, I'll give her credit. She isn't easily scared or intimidated. We are one in the same in that aspect; until Owen showed his ugly face.

"What is this? What is this? This little bad boy is made from scratch. Look at those crimps. This was homemade. You may be stupid, darlin', but you showed some real ingenuity here. Arat, move that knife up out on that girl's face. Lucille's beautiful, smooth surface is never gonna look the same, so why should yours?! Unless you tell me who made this."

"It was me. I made it." Rosita's pretty face twists in fury.

Arat begins to cut into her face below her eye. I wince at the blood beginning to trickle. Negan continues his deranged speench. I don't move my attention from Arat in case I need to take her down. "You see, now I just think you're lying. And you lying to me now?! Such a shame. Arat's gonna have to cut up that pretty face. One more try?"

Stubbornly, Rosita doesn't budge. "It was me."

"Oh! You are such a badass! Fine! Have it your way. Arat, kill somebody."

"No. It was me! No!" She pleads.

Without thinking, I try to run to the Grimes' porch after seeing Olivia collapse next to Carl. I'm tackled to the ground. I crane my neck, seeing Owen standing a few inches away. I pull myself up, keeping an eye on the gun he has aimed at me. I smirk, twisting my body, kicking it out of his hands. I jump back as he snarls, reaching for me. "Not today, asshole." My fists connect to his jaw. Without missing a beat, I turn my back, grabbing his fist from landing on my stomach. I tighten the grip of my arm on his arm, locking it in place. I lower my body to the ground, reaching behind, grabbing his shirt. With all my strength, I flip him over me, smiling as he lands with a thud on his back. He brings his unhurt hand to cradle the one I had in my grip.

"You twisted my fucking arm, you cunt."

"Good. Maybe next time you'll reconsider attacking me. I ain't that girl you almost murdered in cold blood." The heel of my boot's rests on his neck. "Give me a reason or stay down and be good." Something written in my eyes causes him to stop from whatever he had planned.

"Vanessa!" Victoria's terrified shout rides the air around me.

I look over my shoulder seeing another one of Negan's men hold their gun on me. I hold my hands up, not letting Owen up. "Okay, okay. You win. But I ain't letting him up until yall leave my fucking home."

"We had an agreement." Rick's angry tone causes my neck to snap in his direction. It's about time he joined the shitshow. I zero in on Aaron. I frown, he can barely walk, but he'll be okay.

"Holy shit! She's a lot scarier than I realized!" Negan drags his eyes off of Owen and I, grinning at Rick. "Rick! Look, everybody, it's Rick. Ah, your people are making me lose my voice doin' all this yelling. Rick, how about a 'thank you'? I mean, look, I know we started this relationship with me beating the holy shit out of your friends, and because of that, we're never gonna sit around and braid each other's hair or share our deepest, darkest secrets, but how about a little credit? I just bent over backwards to show you how reasonable I am. Your kid -- he hid in one of my trucks and gunned a bunch of my men down, and I brought him home, safe and sound, and I fed him spaghetti." I look over at Carl in surprise. That's my boy, I smirk. "Another one of your people -- well, he wanted me to kill you and put him in charge. I took him out, for you. And another one, here -- she shot Lucille, trying to kill me just now, so I gave you one less mouth to feed. And by looking at her, that mouth did some major damage. Now, personally, I wouldn't have picked her to be the one to go, but Arat," he sighs, "I don't know -- didn't trust her. I didn't kill Elvira there for beating one of my men!"

"Your shit's waiting for you at the gate. Just go." Rick orders.

"Sure thing, Rick, right after I find the guy or gal that made this bullet. Arat?" I shrug, seeing her train her gun on me. I did kind of kick one of her friends ass. I raise my middle finger, daring her.  I dig my heel into Owen's neck; if I'm going down, I'm taking someone with me. Strained sounds come from his mouth, hands tugging at my leg.

"No! Not her!" Tori begs. I really shouldn't have come back. I muse, she might not be cut out for this, Though, I didn't exactly plan to come back to this mess. Welcome to my life, big sister. It's not a normal day here if I'm not being threatened by someone.

"It was me!" Tara pleads.

Eugene cries, holding his arms up. "No, it wasn't. It was me. It was only me." Fear dances into his tone.

"You?" Negan's eyes travel his face, scrutinizing.

"It required one spent casing, one four-holed turret reloader, powder, one funnel for the powder-"

I chew on my lip, not surprised by this turn of events. Eugene is totally capable of creating something like that.

"Shut up. I believe you. Lucille, give me strength." He grips his bat, closing his eyes before giving Rick his attention. "I'm gonna be relieving you of your bullet maker, Rick, that and whatever you left for me at the front gate. And however much you scavenged, it's not good enough, because you're still in a serious, serious hole after today. Let's move out! Rick, I ain't gonna lie -- your kitchen is a goddamn mess. I'll see you next time. Also, glad to see you have joined us, Elvira." Negan stops in front of me as I take my foot off of Owen, glaring at the two men, "where's my truck?"

I shrug, "I might've crashed into a tree. A walker came out of nowhere."

His eyes don't leave mine, doubt dances in his expression. I raise my chin, daring him to challenge me. He smirks, "Okay. Your little stunt today showed me why the redneck is so smitten with you. It might be more than just good pussy and great tits. You're scary, I'll give you that. You ain't scared of me, though, are you?"

"You tell me, Bundy." I spread my arms. To Owen, I grin, "don't forget, sweetie, I'm going to kill you one of these days. That was just a taste of what I'm capable of, so count your blessing and your final days." His face grows into anger and doubt.

Negan chuckles, before they decide they are done with me for the time being, stalking back towards the gate. I let out a terrified breath I've been clinging to, glad that it's over, for now. I bend over, my hands on my knees. Daryl's alive, I remind myself. I have to keep going for him.

I hear Tori approach me, "'come back' you said, 'they need you' you said." I scoff, bitterly, "told you we should've stayed home." I straighten up, heading inside to check on Jamie.

With Victoria on my heels, and Jamie squared away with Father Gabriel, I trek over to the RV. Rick is waiting for me outside the door, staring at my sister lurking behind me. "You think taking her to Hilltop is a good idea?" He questions, cocking his head.

"Yeah. You trust me, right?" He nods, "I'll explain everything on the way over. She's not a random stranger." I vaguely offer.

"Okay," he agrees, "did you find what you were looking for?"

Sighing sadly, I reach into my pocket, pulling out my flight itinerary with Owen's little love note scribbled across it, and my promise ring. "He was coming for me." I hand it over the paper, as his eyes traces the note. "Are we going to war?" I inquire, chewing on my lip.

Michonne saunters up to his side, "that's why we are headed to Hilltop, to talk to Jesus and Maggie."

Smirking, "Good. I get to kill to Owen. And just because I'm pregnant, doesn't mean to get to put me on the sidelines." Rick returns the paper and ring. I set it back inside my pocket.

Rick smiles, gesturing for us to load onto the vehicle. "Yes, ma'am. I wouldn't have you any other way. But you know Daryl won't be happy if something happens to you."

"He's a big boy. He'll be fine. He knew what he was getting into when he choose me." I wave my hand dismissively before I walk inside the RV, sitting next to Carl. Victoria positions herself next to me, with Kelly on other side of her. Carl rests his head  on my shoulder as his father closes the door behind him, heading to the driver's seat. I turn to Tori as the RV roars to life, heading for the outside world. "Ready for this?"

She winces, "I know what you told me, but you weren't kidding. You've become a little bad ass. What happened to my meek, somewhat mild-mannered baby sister?" She teases, "Owen looked just as shocked as I was. Pretty sure he wet himself when his back hit the pavement."

"Between Daryl, Jordan, and I; we created a monster." Kelly teases.

"I'm not even surprised that you had your hands in this, Kelly." She chuckles. "I'm looking forward to meeting this man. His name just keeps popping up." Her knowing eyes find me.

I groan, inwardly. "If you do, please behave. No sisterly words. You didn't do that with Kelly or any other man I dated. Why should Daryl be different?"

"I should've. Maybe I would've scared Owen off." I roll my eyes, words wouldn't have put the fear in his soul.

Carl straightens up, his wide eyes find me, "you have a sister?"

I smirk, I look around, seeing everyone watching our interaction. "Yup. I wanted to wait until Negan was gone." I gesture to her, "Everyone, this is my sister, Victoria."

"I thought I saw some family resemblance." Rick offers. "Was that boy your son?"

I flinch remembering how I felt when she first mentioned it, but Tori speaks up, somberly, "no, I lost all my boys. My older two died saving him, so I took him in." At everyone's stunned silence, she shifts uncomfortably. I reach for her hand; I begin retelling how we reunited. She nods, "she mentioned a family, telling me everything she's been through the last few years. I kind of dragged her ass back."

"She listens to you?" Rick laughs.

"Nope, I didn't give her a choice." Tori shrugs. "I've had a lot of practice with that. Twenty five years worth before we got separated."

"Yeah, by using moms tone." I mumble. "It's not fair."

"Well, welcome to the family." He offers. "If you're anything like your sister, we are going to need you."

With that conversation out of the way, I decide it's time to drop the other bit of news. "Rick, I parked the truck at the quarry. It's full of weapons I found hidden in Kelly's house. I kind of ransacked his house on our way back. We made several stops along the way. I found as much as I could before returning. I found some canned food and stock for the infirmary. I made the call to park it away from the community until the threat is dealt with."

We were on the road for about twenty four hours before I stopped at the quarry. I wanted to make sure we had enough supplies. Remembering how Hilltop is faring, I was hoping I could do something to help us from facing the same fate. I wish I would've found enough to share with our friends.

Michonne laughs, "I could kiss you, Vanessa! You're a genius."

Rosita smiles, "It's good to have you back."

The gate leading to Hilltop swings open, Rick stalks through. I take up with the rear with Tori at my side. Her body language still screaming that she's still unsure about how to feel about everything we had just seen and dealt with. I warned her. She heard the stories. I don't know what she was expecting other than chaos.

"You're okay?" Rick questions at Maggies approach.

Maggie nods, "I'm okay. The baby's okay -- all of us."

"You were right - right from the start. You told us to get ready to fight. I didn't listen, and I couldn't. I can now."

She smiles upon hearing the news that Rick has finally decided that it's time to make a stand. Maggie's eyes find me, "Daryl said you left." She drags me into a hug.

"Daryl?" Baffled, I glance at her unsure what she means, afraid to get my hopes up.

"He's here."

Without waiting for another word, I run through the gates. "Daryl." I breathe out, stopping dead in tracks, seeing him talk with Jesus. My eyes travel his body, making sure he isn't hurt. Relief washes over me when I realize he's okay. Jesus smiles, pointing to me. Daryl whirls around, blue eyes wide. I feel the tears fall from my face as I run into his arms. I bury my face in his shoulder, while I feel his against the top of my head. He squeezes me tightly against his body. "You're okay." My hands find his face, as I realize we are both crying. His hand cups my chin, forcing me to look up at him. His mouth crashes against mine with urgency and need. It's like neither of us believed the other was standing in front of the other.

"Ya came back." He chokes out. "Ya are really here. They said ya went home... the letter." He trails off, pain laces his tone.

"Man, I should disappear more often if that's how you greet me." I laugh through the tears, "I did go home. I found proof that Owen was coming." I whisper, "I found more than that waiting for me, though. My sister kind of dragged my ass back."

"Don't ya even fuckin' consider that. I'll lock ya up." He growls before pulling away, keeping his arms on my shoulders. "Wait, did ya say, 'sister'?" I watch as his eyes find Maggie then to Victoria. He pulls out of my arms, heading for her.

Victoria walks over, extending her hand.  "You must be Daryl. She told me a lot about you. I know she doesn't like to talk about me." She smirks, "Victoria." Daryl's confused eyes return to me, I nod. He grips her hand. "You be good to her, or I'll kill you myself. She went through enough with Owen."

Daryl opens his mouth, though no noise is made. He swallows hard, trying to find his voice, "yes ma'am. Thank ya for bringin' her back to me." His eyes return to me before leaning over to whisper something in her ears. I cock my head, confused by his action. She nods at whatever is shared between them. Musing, I realize that this unusual behavior for him.

"Hey man." Kelly claps his hand on his shoulder. "Good to see you out. We need to talk." Kelly's eyes find everyone, "it's time to give everyone the real story of Owen before we go inside to talk to Gregory now that Daryl is back. I already told Rick." I wince. Though, I'm not surprised. I did mention I left because of Owen.

Rick's face turns green, "yeah, he is high on the list of priory to take out. He won't do that to you again, Vanessa."

Jesus gestures for us to follow him into a trailer. Daryl grips my hand, not letting go on the trek over. We all get comfortable while Kelly motions for me to stand next to him. I watch as Victoria takes up the empty spot next to me. Daryl leans against the door, crossing his arms with Rick and Jesus at his sides. Maggie, Enid, and Sasha leaning against the opposite wall. Tara, Rosita, Michonne and Carl sit around the table. All their eyes find me, curious and waiting. Rick visibly braces himself to hear the story, again.

"You have the floor, Ness. Tori and I are here for you, but this needs to be out in the open." Kelly rubs my back as I fiddle with my hands.

"Okay." I nod. Fear sinks its teeth in me. I'm unsure where to begin. "Negan's man. The one I went to toe to toe with a few hours ago," I point to Maggie and Sasha, "the one who lurked behind me, taunting me that night." My eyes return to my feet, "that's Owen, my ex-boyfriend." I stalk to the table, producing the paper and ring I shown Rick earlier. "He almost killed me once upon a time." My eyes find Kelly, still unsure how to go into details. I scratch at my arm, feeling awkward, "some of you guys are aware of that but none of you know the full extent." Victoria grabs my hand in support. "I have a scar on my head from him throwing glass bottles at my head." Daryl straightens up, letting his arms fall to his side. "One night, I got a text from Kelly 'cause he didn't hear from me in a while and wanted to check in. Owen found it. That was a few minutes after he spent two hours raping me. He used that as punishment 'cause he liked to introduce knives and other forms of torture so I could feel the fury he's feeling. That day I came home two minutes late from work. That day, he decided he wanted to cut my back up while -.." I lift up my shirt, turning around, "I'm pretty sure the scars are still there just like the ones on my thighs. I have scars in other areas, like my feet, my arms, legs." I drag my shirt back down, returning to face everyone. I glance down at the palm of my hands, seeing tiny scars between my fingers. I point them out, "these too."  My hands find my face, wanting to hide. Deciding to tackle the statement I had started with earlier, "that night, the glass finally busted through my skull. He always aimed for the same spot..." I wince as the memories pour over me. I'm no longer at the trailer, I'm back at the apartment. "He kept yelling and screaming. I hid under the table, fearing that this is the day I'd finally die, but he dragged me out. Thankfully I was able to dial Kelly's number before he could notice. He heard everything on my end of things. Though, I don't know what he heard outside of me screaming my throat raw. I wouldn't be surprised if any of my neighbors had called the police, too. Owen had come at me with a knife, proceeded to fuck me with the butcher knife and cut my thighs up while I was barely able to stay conscious from the cut on my head. But I still felt blood pouring out every time he'd thrust the knife in. I didn't bother counting. I just knew my body was ready to give under the pain." I step back, needing a moment.

Victoria takes me into her arms while Kelly sighs, "when the police stormed in, she was bleeding out from different areas of her body." He takes out his phone, his eyes find me, a question behind them. I wince, but nod. I bury my face in my sisters chest, unable to face everyone's reactions. For a moment, I'm a scared little girl.

"Shh, we're here." She whispers, trying to bring me back.

"She was dying before we even got to the hospital, going into shock. She passed out a second before I walked through the door to her apartment. Owens already in cuffs. The ambulance had me ride with her. I did, I held her hand until they had to take her in for surgery. I held onto her as she was put into a medical coma to get through the surgery and the pain. I begged her to stay with us. I don't think I've ever been so terrified in my life. Charlee and Wren ended up meeting us at the hospital."

Tori's chest vibrates as she talks, "abusers cut communication from the victim's family and friends. We never had the perfect sibling relationship, she was a pain in my ass, and she couldn't stand me bossing her around, but she will always be my baby sister. I would always get a random text once a month, checking in with my husband and I, or ranting over her new hobby or hyper fixation. Our mom died years ago, and dad was sick, she's all I had outside of my own family. I didn't hear from her the whole time she was with Owen, which was unlike her. Not until I got the next of kin call from the hospital, telling me that my baby sister is dying. She needed a blood transfusion. I'm surprised I didn't get pulled over since I was doing 40 over, trying to get to her."

Kelly nods, gasps fill the air as the pictures are passed around. I close my eyes; I don't need to see them. I saw enough of them during the trail. It's showing the damage while I was out cold in the ambulance. Blood covers my body, showcasing all the injuries. "The medical coma was induced to go in and check the state of her uterus and the extent of the damage. They found that there was internal bleeding. It's a miracle she's pregnant now. They also went in and checked her head, finding that it was split open. After the surgery, they kept her like that for a few weeks so she can heal without causing extra harm. When they finally stopped giving her the medicine for the coma, they weren't sure if she would wake up. She finally did a couple days later. When she awoke, She was screaming, wouldn't let any of us get close. She wasn't seeing us. It took hours to get her to calm down and to talk to her before the police came in to ask their questions. That's why Owen being here is a big deal."

Rick is the first to pull me away from Tori, hugging me for the second time today. "We will get him." He whispers.

"That explains why The Governor couldn't break you." Michonne offers, "I wondered why, when he gave you the harshest treatment."

"That day with Owen was the worst," I admit, "but some days he got close. I passed out a few times. My ribs got broken. He choked me over a dozen times, pushing me to that limit where I was sure I would die. I almost got fired from work cause make up and sweaters couldn't always cover the damage from his rage the night before so I had to call off or face the questions. I was hoping he would kill me so it would end. The Governor has nothing on Owen."

"Do you think you could do this?" Maggie inquires quietly.

"Yes, I had to leave and return to Ohio to find that part of me, again. 'Cause I was stuck in a limbo between the old me and the new me. It was causing tension between Daryl and I. I learned about my pregnancy my first day here then I found out Owen was back not long after. I'm not going to lie, he scares the ever-living shit out of me, regardless of my bravado in his presence. But I'm back and I'm pissed and I want blood." I sigh, "I'm going to be honest, at the other side of this, it's going to come down to him and I. It's either I kill him, or he kills me while I try. Either way, I'm getting my hands on him and taking him down with me. Negan is everyone else's concern, and I understand and respect that, but cutting down the threat to me and mine are what I need to get in front of first. He killed Jordan because of me."

"You ain't alone, Blue." Daryl grunts, I raise my eyes, looking at him. His face is twisted in pain and anger.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the full extent a long time ago, Dare." I offer. He nods, approaching me. He drags me into his arms.

"It's okay, I understand." He whispers, "those pictures are burned in my head now but I'm thankful I know now. If you don't kill him, I will." He growls.

"Daryl's right." Rosita agrees, "you got us. We got off on the wrong foot, but like you say, you're family."

"I had no idea you went through anything like that," Jesus breathes out, "but no one gets to take my Lilith down. You're far too fun to fight and I want to spar with you one day. You're a challenge. You gotta get out alive on the other end of this so we can, got it?"

"You're on, Paul." I smirk, starting to feel better, intertwining my fingers with Daryl's. "I sugar coated everything, even when speaking about it with Daryl in private 'cause I don't want anyone of you to see me differently than who is standing in front of you."

"We won't." Sasha promises. "You let us in, now let us fight by your side."

"You're still the woman I can't control most of the time. You're still that reckless son of a bitch that goes out of her way to drive all of us insane trying to protect us." Rick teases. "Now let us protect you."

"You're still like a mother to me." Carl whispers, "and my favorite superhero."

I smile, feeling better now that everything is on the table. "Okay, let's get back to war, shall we? I'm dying to get covered in his blood."

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

29 0 10
A girl who waited her whole life for this moment was met with a cold reality check. In this story Natasha wished something more would come out of her...
7.1K 138 50
after a fight one night your life fall apart, he said you weren't good enough. Year after that night you were watching the news and the shit was hit...
6.5K 215 10
Some would say the world ended the moment the dead began to roam the earth and eat the living. Others, would say it had only just begun, because for...
72.9K 2.1K 67
Trying to survive the apocalypse isn't just about slaying the undead. It's a 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 lot more complicated than that. Hardly anybody ever considers...