Their doll 2

By ScarletteVelvet

They're back. After months of her disappearance, their world had spun. Swung off balance and staggered. Auror... More

Introduction (Q&A)
Recap
41- Long way home
42- The only way
43- Falling
44- Friends
45- In the open
46- Investigation
48- Painkiller
49- Aurora
50- One step closer
51- Taken
52- New year, Old me
53- Battle
54- Chosen mistake
55- Dream vs. Dread
56- Face your fear
57- Fearless
58- Begin again (mature content)
59- Soft spot
60- One more time
61- No pain, no gain
62- Angel of demons (mature content)
63- Sorry not sorry (mature content)
64- Never exist
65- Peace and Perish
66- Rose
67- Wounded
68- Vanilla, but deadly
69- Mr. F & Mr. E

47- Closer

14.1K 816 311
By ScarletteVelvet

( Aurora P.O.V. )

How hard is it to hide your feeling for someone?

It shouldn't be so hard, right? Then, why am I struggling so much to stop feeling anything when he's near?

The last time I saw Ace was last week. When he, for the last time ever, asked me out and I never gave him my response. I didn't get the chance. I was a coward. If our face-to-face conversation had been carried on in form of a text message, I basically left him on read.

I didn't go to his party either. But I went to work. There were so many wings, so many zones inside this building that a private party could have taken place in an area completely separate from the common zone where regular customers were still allowed. I wiped counter. Took care of the bills. Helped mixing some drinks that were simple enough and required no instagrammable action.

It was boring. That whole night I was thinking about Ace. Asking myself questions. Is it worth it to ignore a good man like him? Is his patience just running low or out? Was he being serious when he said I will not have to see him again?

Well. A week had gone by. I guessed it's safe to say. He was dead serious.

Today was Wednesday. My day off. I usually started the day by going out for a walk at the park right around the corner. But as I was heading out, I saw someone coming through the back door.

I would recognize that face from miles away.

I made it casual. Acted as if I didn't know he was coming in and went to take the stairs instead of the main elevator so I could run into him accidentally.

How pathetic are you, Aurora. Well, it's now or never.

His men stopped stone dead in their tracks, glaring up at me as I was making my way down each steps cautiously. They all looked at me as if I was some kind of a weird stalker after their boss. Quinn shot me the look. Isaiah smirked and Dante shook his head before he glanced over at Chris.

Finally, Ace looked up from his phone, sensing someone's eyes boring into him. Well, mine.

My stomach did a double back flip when he cocked his head to one side, chuckling before he flashed me a smile. Oh, I could have died. That damn grin. The way he was looking back at me. He's really unhealthy for my heart, isn't he?"

Chris noticed my reaction. He probably saw how my face flushed suddenly because his eyes narrowed the second they found mine.

Ace turned on his heels and kept walking up the stairs. Awkward. But at least, I didn't trip or fall in front of him.

I frowned as I reached the last step of the stairs. With all the effort I had put in, in order to run into him accidentally, I can't even get a hi?

*******************

That night, I joined Quinn at the bar anyways. It was getting boring and all my friends were on duty tonight. So no company, nothing to do down at the basement. I didn't want to be alone.

I usually don't drink alcohol. But tonight, Quinn was being very pushy for some odd reasons. He insisted on me trying the club's new drinks. I could be his lab rat, he said. I complied. Because why not. There was nothing else fun to do around here. It's a club. People get drunk, dance and partied. I wasn't going to bring out my notebook and started writing an essay.

"Here." Quinn handed me another drink. My forth one for tonight making me groan. It was a shot this time.

"Another one?" I slurred. Three drinks I had downed in total. My brain has turned to Play-Doh at this point.

As I was about to reach for the small glass, a big hand snatched it away from Quinn. The clear liquid spilled all over the countertop making me whine.

"You're making a mess, Chris!" I hissed, annoyingly even though it wasn't my duty tonight to clean up after.

Looking up to see Chris squinting his eyes at me, my eyes followed him as he turned to Quinn.

"I'm going to kill you." He sneered and Quinn just laughed, "Boss needs another bottle of Macallan."

Quinn merely nodded, "Right away."

The corner of my eye tracked him as he disappeared and came back with an expensive looking bottle of liquor. He handed it to me along with a cut crystal glass.

"Take the elevator." He smirked.

"She's not going up there like this. You go." Chris insisted, snatching the bottle and a glass out of my hands.

"I have to help Zac." Quinn lied, "She isn't doing anything anyways. Might as well help us out, no?"

"Quinn, boss will kill you." Chris said, shaking his head before he set everything down on the counter, "I have to make a call. When I come back, she better be here."

And then he disappeared.

A small chuckle escaped me involuntarily. I didn't know why I was laughing. Maybe, Chris's face was just too funny.

"You can do it, can you, Astrid?" Quinn asked, sliding the bottle and the glass back in front of me. I looked down, contemplating my words very carefully before making promises.

"Easy, Peasy, Lemon Squeezy." I said and Quinn smirked.

Chris underestimated me. I wasn't drunk. I could still walk perfectly straight and I even took the stairs to get to the sixth floor.

When I arrived, the guards were already aware of my visit. They let me through easily. A few of them shook their head as I walked past. Probably, smelling alcohol on me?

I knocked a few times on the door before stepped back, trying not to smile. I miss Ace. And I am about to see him.

When I heard a faint but firm come in, one of the guards stepped up to hold the door open for me and I took a calm, measured step forward.

"Just leave it on the table over—"

Ace looked up from whatever that he was reading and his eyes made a very careful examination.

"I got your drinks, sir." I said, lively. Taking my time as I moved from the door towards the table I assumed Ace wanted me to place his bottle of Macallan.

"Thank you." He said, nodding approval and smiling to reassure.

Carefully, I retreated a step back, making sure the glass and the bottle were sitting perfectly parallel to each other. I didn't know why it was bothering me.

"Astrid." Ace's called. His voice stern but not unkind, "How much did you have to drink?"

I swiveled around to face him, holding up four fingers.

"Two of them are just shots though." I informed and attempted to fight back a hiccup but failed.

Ace shook his head, but still sitting at his desk. Why isn't he getting up? I need him closer to me.

"Have a seat." He spoke.

"I can't. I have to—"

"It's your day off today. You have no duty or any reason to be down there." Ace said, sternly and I didn't mean to but my body automatically flinched at his tone, "Sit down."

He motioned toward the leather couch situated to my left, right by the big window overlooking the city's view. Not the worst place to be. The couch looked comfortable. I'm sold.

"Fine." I grumbled and his eyebrows were lifted slightly before lowered.

I plopped down on the couch and kicked off my shoes. I wanted to sit comfortably. I thought as I tucked my feet under my butt. One glimpse at his face, and I wished I didn't look directly at him. He's so beautiful. Just sitting there. Watching me. It hurts.

Breaking the eye contact, Ace glanced around his office one more time before he returned his attention to a pile of documents on his desk, shaking head, sighing loudly too.

Is something bothering him?

"See the bottle of water in front of you?" He said and I looked at him, nodding. After a brief glance in my direction, he added, "Drink it. All of it, and you're free to go."

My eyes nearly popped out of their socket.

"It's one and a half liter!" I gasped.

"Yep." He acknowledged, "Drink it or feel free to sit here all night."

What the heck?

Pouting, I reached out and grabbed the bottle. Uncapped it and the second the cap was out, the water flowed.

"Ugh." I groaned. This always happened to me. I have to remember not to squeeze the bottle so hard when I tried to open them. Damn it. Now, my dress is soaking wet.

"What's wrong?" I heard Ace ask form his desk. Ignored him. As I should. I put the cap back on the bottle and stood up. I grabbed the hem of my dress, examined the skirt and sighed. My underwear is soaked too. I rolled my eyes and groaned again.

In my intoxicated state, things couldn't get any simpler. I liked to feel clean. And right now, I am too wet for that. I started from my skirt. Lifting it up slightly but had to stop mid-way when two hands gripped mine, holding them down.

"What're you doing?!" I didn't realize since when did he come so close. But I could feel his warm breath fanning the top of my head and his hands were holding mine. This is sweet. My heart raced some more.

"It's all wet." I pouted, pointing lazily with my eyes at my dress, "I need to get changed, or I am going to get sick!"

"Well, you don't need to strip off your clothes in front of me. Jesus Christ." Ace hissed under his breath, making me laugh, "It's not funny, Astrid."

I shut my mouth and just bit my lower lip.

"Can I go change?"

Ace tiredly nodded. He looked down at me. Kind of over it at this point.

"Let me walk you to the bathroom and there, you can change." He said, firmly as he walked me toward the door on the other side of his office, "There should be a spare shirt and pants in the bottom drawer."

"Yours?" I chuckled.

"Who else could it be?" He shook his head. He looked a little annoyed but it was all acting. Because he started laughing when I said.

"They're not going to fit me, Ace. You're way too big!"

"You'll survive." He said, smiling down at me before he leaned me against the counter. His eyes narrowed, "I will not lock the door in case you slip and fell. But do not come out unless you're fully dressed. Understood?"

I swallowed hard. Why is he so attractive tonight?

"Sir, yes sir!" I replied and then the door fell shut behind me. I looked around the square bathroom and sighed. My eyes found the big bathtub. Ugh. I'm so sleepy.

****************

( Ace P.O.V. )

"Ace!"

Astrid's sweet voice called for me from the bathroom and unknowingly, my lips shifted, etching happy line on my face. I was grinning like an idiot for absolutely no reason. Only because she's near. She's here. In my office. Drunk and cute.

"What?" I shouted back, hesitated to open the door. Don't get me wrong. Of course, I was dying to see her naked form. I had been dreading. But this isn't how it was supposed to be.

"Come! I need help!"

"Are you dressed?" I had to make sure. My hand gripped tightly on the doorknob. Calm yourself, Ace. This isn't right.

"A-almost!" My eyebrows furrowed. What the hell does she mean by that?

"I swear, baby, if I open this door and you're naked—"

Sighed. She wasn't.

My glance travelled up and down her tiny frame. She was dressed in one of my light blue shirt. Hair all tangled up on the top of her head. She had her socks on still.

"Cute fit." I teased. The outfit, I had seen many women wear. In my bed. Sometimes, in here even. My office. But that face. That grin. Those lips.

"The pants keep falling down." She whined, cutely. Clearly drunk as hell.

"Well, it looks like it could fit two of you." I couldn't help but laugh as I stepped further into the bathroom.

While Astrid was mumbling slurs and words, I bent down, picked up my too-gigantic-for-her pants and threw it in the hamper. I began to search through each and every one of the drawers and well, three of them were empty. Only a few pairs of boxers and a few pairs of briefs I found.

"Here." I said, taking out my black boxer. The one that seemed to cover the most skin. I handed it to her.

"That is large." She said and hiccuped.

My eyes rolled, "Hurry up and put it on." I rushed. Only because I had just realized, her soaked thong was sitting on the ground. Right next to my left foot. It was white. Lace. Practically see through. Heaven help us all.

Trying to lift one of her legs, half of her upper body was titling already.

"Here. Let me help you before you hurt yourself." I said and heard her breath hitch, "I am not going to look." I promised before going down on one knee.

"Hands on my shoulders." I ordered. She did as she was told.

While trying to get each of her foot to slip right through the holes, I kept my glance fix on the wall behind us. When I felt both of her legs were in, I slowly stood up, pulling up the boxer as I went.

"Thank you, sir." She mumbled.

At this point, the sir won't be necessary. I never had to dress any of my employees. She was the first. So to speak, she should be getting over the whole he-is-my-boss thing soon.

"It's nothing." I said and there was a mysterious silence throughout the time we stood there, saying nothing but staring at each other. I was admiring her. She? I had no freaking clue.

"Ace." The way she said my name. Damn.

"Yes, love?"

And again, her breath hitched.

"Earlier—" She dwelled, looking like she was contemplating whether or not this conversation we were about to have, should have taken place.

"Earlier?" I helped. Whatever she has to say, please, I want to hear all of it.

"Did you call me baby?"

That is?

I chuckled, "Yes. I'm afraid I did." Is she seriously blushing?, "Why? Do you not like it?"

She took my by surprise when she merely shook her head.

"I like you." She said.

My jaw tightened. Me fucking too. But I know what she meant.

She said it before. She likes me as a person. As her boss. Nothing more. She preferred it that way.

"I think I have a crush." She hiccuped and the only flicker of response I could give was a slight pursing of lips. I was dying inside. My heart raced. It was going to burst out of my chest in the way it never did before.

In one fast, unexpected move, Astrid raised herself on tip-toe, supporting her wobbly-self with her hands gripping on the edge of the countertop. I tracked her movements as she moved away from the sink, pushing herself forward. Closer to me.

Unknowingly, I, too had gotten closer to her. I could feel her warmth seeping through my shirt. I watched her suck in yet another sharp breath when our chest contacted.

I forced my eyes shut and exhaled. My hormone was out of control and it didn't help at all when I could feel everything. Every part of her pushing up against me.

"Let's get you back to the couch." I said, sighing. I flashed my eyes open only to find hers closed tightly.

Her lips were plump, full and red. Then, she started biting it, as if she knew I would be watching.

I had imagined kissing her thousands of time before. Our first kiss, no doubt, would be so intimate. Passionate. I wouldn't want to let go. Ever. I had never wanted to kiss someone for so long and had to be so patience. Two nights were probably maximum.

Now, we're talking several weeks with no physical contact. Not even a small peck on a cheek. I want her. Without a question. But I don't have it in me to take advantage of her.

"Let's go." I urged again and she opened her eyes, finally.

Shyly, she licked her bottom lip.

"Okay." My guts ached. She looked and sounded disappointed.

"What's wrong?" I asked, tapping her chin.

Slowly, she looked up at me.

"I-I.." She paused, gulping, "I thought you like me."

I smiled down at her.

"You're not wrong." I clarified.

"S-so, w-why, why didn't you—" Is she seriously going to ask me why didn't I kiss her?

"Astrid, I am not going to kiss you." I stated.

She took a shaky breath, stepped back.

"Am I that disgusting?" She murmured, sinking her teeth into her bottom lip.

"What? No." I reached out. Brushed a finger down the length of her arm and intertwined our hands. When she tried to draw back, I held her still, "Baby—" My hand went up to cup the side of her face, "You're drunk. I'm not going to kiss you while you're under the influence."

"Why not?" She pouted at me, nuzzling her cheek against my palm, "Now, I am relaxed. You should kiss me now."

Her strange explanation had me asking.

"And in normal time, we cannot kiss?"

She nodded.

"Why not?"

She answered without thinking.

"Because I'll probably push you away." She said. My heart soaring when she confirmed, "I don't like it when men come too close."

"But I am men."

"But I like you." She fought, "So, you should be okay."

Why does she sound so unsure? Yet, confident. She looked so confused, yet she seemed to know exactly what she wanted and didn't want.

"Baby, I'm lost." I admitted, "Do you want to go lay down? Is your head hurting?"

"No." She sighed. Tears welled in her eyes, leaving me speechless, "Only here hurts." She placed her hand on her chest. Slightly left. Where anatomically, a person's heart should be.

Now, I am really concerned.

"Astrid, what happened?" She didn't sound like a broken-hearted girl. It didn't seem to me like she had just went through a bad break-up, or her ex-boyfriend was unfaithful to her. Yes. Trust issue could be the problem. But perhaps, only one of them.

"I like you so much." She started to cry. Not sobbing. But cry. Tears rolling down her cheeks. One after another and I dried them all away.

"Hey, I like you too." I assured, "That's not a bad thing, love. There is no need to cry."

"But they will kill you." She blurted out, unfiltered, "If they know I like you, I'm scared they will come and hurt you."

I looked at her. Hard. Who're they?

But before I could ask her that very important question, her breath started to quicken.

"I-I need to sit." She sobbed, out of breath. Entirely. Almost like she was dying. Her hands tightened into fists before repeatedly, she started hitting herself in the chest.

"Astrid, stop!" I wrapped my arms around her. Embraced her. Running my fingers through her hair while she tried to calm her nerve. I could see it. She was trying real hard.

"It's okay, sweetheart. You're okay." I cooed and we held onto each other for a long while.

Eventually, she was still crying but not so hard compared to before.

"Breath through it. You're with me. No one can hurt you." Like I would let them.

She covered her face with her hands once I pulled away.

"Don't l-look." She said through her sniffling.

I sighed. Figured it wasn't the smartest idea to ask her anything now, I bent down and picked her up. Bridal style. I carried her out of the bathroom.

It's going to be a long, long night.

****************

A little late update. Sorry guy. Been busy. Actually I posted this chapter in a bubble tea shop cause I'm out with my friends and totally forgot to post a chapter this morning before I left home. I was in a rush! Sorry to keep you guys waiting!

How's everyone doing btw? And, how do we like Mr. Ace Alonso so far.

Thank for 200+ comments last chapter and 700k (?) not sure whats the recent number on Their doll 1 but yeah. Thank u guys xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.9K 1.8K 46
{completed} Book 1 Aurora has been controlled by her entitled mother from the moment she was born. When she's finally given the chance to escape int...
143K 4.1K 61
"That's a good girl, Isabella," he murmurs, his words dripping with satisfaction. "Let go. Give in to me." ------- BOOK 1 in the RUSSIAN MADE MAN SER...
1.1M 8.5K 9
WARNING‼️This book contains abstruse topics such as Dark Love, Abuse, Violence etc if you are not comfortable with the above please feel free to swip...
145K 3.4K 54
‼️Content warning and trigger warning‼️ This is a dark romance and contains mature content that is not suitable for all readers. The trigger warnings...