I still like you | Steve Harr...

By heretowriteabouted

Season 3 but with you in it. It all started with free ice cream, and ended with a fight against Russians and... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
Chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13

chapter 4

717 25 12
By heretowriteabouted

The outdoor pool arena was busy with both kids and adults in the summer heat. No sign of Billy. Phew.

"Alright, there are some free loungers." You girls settled down to sunbathe.

"God, I totally feel the burn. I'm so so pale. I really need this." Mia babbled. "It's like, no matter how much I try, I can never get a good tan. I have the worst genetics." 

You felt the sun being blocked by a shadow and opened your eyes to see Billy. Oh god. 

"Hi baby girl." 

ICK ICK ICK

"There's that bikini I asked about yesterday. Wow." 

 You instantly covered your body with a towel and sat up in the chair. "I thought he weren't working today?" You muttered to Mia.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I must've gotten confused.."

"Yeah, cause he's-"

"What, you're avoiding me? Ms (Y/L/N)! You didn't even say goodbye yesterday-" 

Mia interrupted as she crossed her legs. "You didn't say goodbye when you disappeared last night." 

Billy chewed his gum with a smile. "Yeah, uh, had to go home. Sorry about that, Mia." 

"It's fine!! You could've said goodbye that's all.." She whimpered and you stood up to walk away. "But it's fine and all-"

"So, you went home to Steve's, or?" Billy followed tightly after. 

"Not because it's any of your business but no, he just gave me a ride home, that's all." You muttered and avoided his gaze.

"You sure?" He leaned in to whisper, "With a pretty face like yours, I think anyone would want to get you home-"

"Billy, that's actually enough, literally shut up. You're acting super stupid and you're supposed to keep watch over the kids so they don't drown. Steve was just friendly unlike you." 

He held his hands up in front of him and waved with them, "Fine, fine. Sorry, (Y/N), you know I'm just joking."

"It's not funny." 

"I know, sorry. Okay? Sorry." 

Alright, he actually apologized, but you knew it wasn't sincere. "If you weren't employed here I would totally push you into the pool."

Billy smirked. "And if I wasn't employed, I'd-"

"I know that you're going to say something stupid, so let's just leave it at that. You have a good summer but, I'd rather go to Harrington's pool than to come here again." 

"So you went home with him?"

"No! I know he's got a pool, we're almost neighbors. But I mean it, Billy. I mean it when I say no to you." You turned around to go back to the girls. You understood that there was a reason for Billy's asshole personality and that's why he had been so problematic since he came, but it wasn't an excuse. Your past only made you kind and emphatic, not the opposite. Anyway. You wanted to go home, now.

A few more days passed and you managed to sleep in to at least 11AM everyday. Nice. You needed that. You started your daily routine with a shower and then a cup of coffee as you did your makeup.

Plans for today:

- go to starcourt mall and get ice cream at robin's job
- avoid everyone and everything else

You really liked hanging out with Robin. She was funny and sarcastic, the two of you always made each other laugh and it felt awesome that you had become friends. She would've never put up with some of your other friends and honestly, Mia's behavior over the last few days gave you a bit of secondhand embarrassment. You did try to tell Mia off whenever she got a bit too over the line but it was easier to just, not hang out with her that much anymore. This last spring term you had really not hung out that much outside of school. Sarah was a bit kinder and relaxed to be around, but Mia would freak out if you two did something without her. You were well-aware of how scared Mia was to be abandoned and how much she actually adored you, but you two really really had grown apart. And you did not want to associate with mean girls. Just like you never wanted to hang out with high school douchebag boys. 

The bright mall was just as busy today as yesterday.

You read on the shop signs to find 'Scoops Ahoy' and walked inside the tiny café. You noted that most seats were taken as you walked straight to the ice cream parlor. On the other side of the cash register stood a man with his back turned. He was wearing the company's outfit with a little hat on top of his head.

"Excuse me." You said with a soft voice and the tall guy spun around to face you. "Steve??" 

His jaw dropped slightly but then he smiled, "Heyy, (Y/N)!"

"So this is where you work now? Cute hat." 

Steve rolled his eyes as he took the hat off and leaned his hand on the counter. "Yeah, all the ladies love the hat." He said ironically. "It's amazing to meet everyone from school while I look like this and scoop ice cream for them, you know?" 

"Dude, it must be a super chill job." You replied with a glare.

"You do not want to know what I get paid." 

"Kinda do, actually."

Steve shook his head with a sigh. "Three bucks an hour, (Y/N). Three bucks." 

"Oh, come on, Steve. I know that working is a foreign concept to you; but you must be the perfect employee for a place like this," You scratched your neck as you tried to cheer him up, "There's probably girls coming in here just to talk to you." 

Robin appeared from the door behind the counter. "Totally, for sure. But this is the longest conversation he's had with a girl since we started here some days ago. Did you know he's horrible at flirting?" Steve? Bad at flirting? 

"Robin, hey!!" 

Robin picked up Steve's hat and handed it to him. "Company policy, dingus." She was wearing the same outfit but looked way way better in it. "I'll take care of our customer before you scare her away, Steve. How are you, (Y/N)?"

Steve muttered and you giggled with a confused look on your face and asked, "I'm good, how are you? Do you like your new job?"

"Yeah, it's like he said; amazing. Amazing job. Amazing coworker." She was ironic as usual. "Come on, get in." She opened the gate to let you in on their side of the counter and pulled you inside the little room behind. "No, it's not all that bad. It's quite an alright job, and believe it or not; Steve's alright."

"Hah! I heard that." Steve exclaimed and turned around to look at you through the window. "You are so not allowed back here."

"Shut up, or I'll tell our boss about your children."

"His children?"

"He let's them sneak inside to watch the cinema for free. It's like- Hey, twelve o'clock." A group of girls approached the counter. "Good luck." Robin said.

Steve smiled sarcastically and removed his hat again to expose his hair. "You know what? Screw company policy."

"Oh my god, you're a whole new man." 

"Right? Ooo."

You giggled as he turned around to greet the girls. 

"Ahoy ladies! Didn't see ya there. Would you guys like to set sails on this ocean of flavor with me? I'll be your captain... - I'm Steve Harrington."

You and Robin laughed as he went on with his monologue and Robin closed the windows to the counter. She grabbed a pen to draw another line on a whiteboard.

You rule │You suck

             │  IIIII II

"What's that?"

"We're keeping track of how many girls he manages to get a date with." 

"Oof." You looked at the depressing board. 

Steve's head popped up in the window again. He looked excited. "Hey Robin, draw a line on the 'You rule' side. (Y/N) counts." 

You and Robin scoffed as you looked at each other. "She most definitely does not count."

"Aw, come on." Steve begged. "Remember that ride I gave you? Yeah, you kinda owe me." 

Yeah, of course you remembered. Not only remembered, you had even thought about Steve driving you home a couple of times since it happened, like, at least once a day. And meeting him today made you even more interested in getting to know him better even though he was wearing that stupid outfit and desperately trying to get girls' numbers. 

"I think not." Robin replied. "Wait, what ride?" 

"Oh, it was at that party a few days ago." You said.

"Yeah, we were both going home and since we live on the same street,"

", he offered me a ride home." 

Robin nodded slowly. "So that's why she owes you a date?"

"Yeah. I mean, isn't that fair?" Steve asked with an ironic voice and winked at you. 

"Ugh, get away, Steve. She's the only girl who's stayed her for more than thirty seconds and it's all thanks to me so don't take my credit." Robin rolled her eyes and you giggled. 

"I should really get going though. Got a lot to do today." No you didn't. "But I'll be back for my free ice cream, Robin."

"Come back tomorrow!" She smiled. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

816K 18K 53
❝ 𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘰𝘵, 𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘵𝘰𝘯. ❞ ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── IN WHICH the daughter of the Chief of Hawkins, Indiana...
435K 10.1K 23
{Second book of SAVE me WILL} It's been a few months since the Snow Ball, and now the battle is about to start again. YN returns home with Dustin an...
33K 597 31
You join a new school and meet new people but your past also seems to follow you as you meet the wonderful Steve Harrington. Your life spills out as...
4.6K 165 24
stranger things seasons one, two, three, and four eventual steve harrington x fem! oc stranger things x two oc's ongoing - SLOW UPDATES © voidvaleska