✓ Operation: Love Match -ˏˋ a...

By thysabelle

ateez wooyoung. The planets are lined up against Heyi.... San's parents are getting divorced, and Wooyoung ha... More

𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚐 𝚆𝚘𝚘𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚐 (정우영)
gemini is ruled by mercury!
aries woman, cancer man
appropriate punishment
what a typical heyi move
as long as we're together, nothing else matters
plan b
capricorns are perfect for leos
a good reason for not showing up
phase one, 5:00 AM. phase two, 9:00 AM
you're soaking! i'm drenched
for the man in my life
just some job interview for the summer
did their love fade?
it's not what you think!
* morning's blow-dryer incident
* no cosmic attraction of opposites
* little matchmaking
* had he found his soul mate?
* goldenrod
* modern cinderella
* what a jerk!
* it's wonyoung's turn to be killed
* about that scarf
* mini-recorder
* baloney about the planets
* wrong tapel
* intervention
* all you need is love
* a marriage without trust is no marriage at all
* queen of schemes
* fender-bender

connecticut was for the old yunho

9 4 0
By thysabelle

As soon as San and Wooyoung were safely out of sight, Heyi picked up her books and waltzed confidently over to Yunho's table, rehearsing her opening lines on the way.

"Hey, you must be Yunho, I'm Heyi."

No, too trite.

"Jeong Yunho, right? Jung Heyi, nice to meet you."

No, too forward.

"Hi, Yunho, Jung Heyi."

Perfect.

"Hi, Yunho," she said, casually slipping into the bench opposite him. "Jung Heyi." She extended her hand graciously.

"Jeong Yunho," he returned shortly, shaking her hand.

"I just wanted to welcome you to Angelwood High. It must be so tiresome-to adjust to a new environment," said Heyi in a debonair tone.

"It's all right," Yunho replied.

"I also wanted to thank you for freeing my sister from her-uh-unfortunate circumstance yesterday," said Heyi, flipping her black hair off her shoulders. "She's just so awkward, always getting into trouble." She laughed lightly.

Yunho blushed slightly.

'Hmm, he's obviously interested,' Heyi thought.

"You're not from around here?" Yunho asked, a quizzical look on his face.

"Well, actually, I am," Heyi admitted. "But you know," she said in a confident tone, leaning in close to him, "sometimes I feel so misplaced. I mean, Antipolo can be so, you know..."

"I suppose," Yunho said, shrugging.

That didn't go over big. Well, just keep the conversation moving. "I thought you'd agree. So, what brought you to Connecticut?" she asked, eyeing the manuscript curiously.

"My father is a filmmaker," Yunho explained. "He got an opportunity to make a Documentary Film. So here we are." He shrugged his shoulders.

"What's the film about?" Heyi asked, her interest piqued.

"It's a psychological thriller," said Yunho.

"And you're reading the screenplay?" she asked.

"Uh, yeah," said Yunho, quickly closing the manuscript.

Heyi wanted to press Yunho further for details about his father's movie, wondering if he needed any actresses, but she bit her tongue. She didn't want to seem too obvious. "I suppose you're from New York?" she asked.

"Boston, actually," said Yunho.

"The East Coast. I knew it," Heyi said. "I've always wanted to move to New York. But Wolyoung, well, she prefers a small town. Oh, waiter!" Heyi said, flagging down a passing waiter. "A double espresso, please."

"But you know," she prattled on, "that's how it is with siblings. Were Geminis, of course, but complete opposites. Seems like Wolyoung is always getting caught in jams and I'm always getting her out of them. She's rather clumsy and gauche, and I'm, well..." Heyi looked away modestly, allowing her voice to trail off. Yunho took a sip of his coffee.

"So, what are you into?" Heyi asked brightly. "Sports, I suppose."

"Uh, no, I'm not into sports," Yunho said.

"No? I'm on the cheerleading squad myself, co-captain, actually. Poor Wolyoung isn't on the team," Heyi said, neglecting to mention that Wolyoung hadn't tried out. "But you know, it really takes a lot of coordination and stamina."

"I'm sure," said Yunho, looking at his watch.

Heyi panicked, searching frantically for something to say as an awkward silence filled the air. Fortunately the waiter arrived with Heyi's espresso. She waited patiently as he placed her coffee on the table in front of her, giving him a condescending smile.

"I suppose you're going to join ATZ." Heyi said once the waiter was gone.

"ATZ?" said Yunho.

"ATEEZ," Heyi explained. "It's the coolest fraternity at Angelwood High."

"Oh, right. Choi San told me about it."

"Oh yes, San. He's absolutely one of my best friends. He's the greatest. Anyway, I'm a member of Atiny Beta Alpha, Angelwood High most exclusive sorority. I used to be president, but you know, it's just so hard to fit everything into one day." Heyi paused to take a sip of her espresso, almost choking from the bitter taste. "But enough about me. We were talking about you. You were telling me what you liked to do."

"Uh, me? Not much of anything, actually," Yunho said.

"Now, you must do something," Yunho said, pouring three sugars and two creamers into her espresso. "I have a slight sweet tooth," she explained hastily.

"Well, I like to write, actually," Yunho said, amused by her attempts to sweeten the coffee.

"You write?" Heyi said, aghast, thinking of her sister's avid interest in journalism. "Like newspaper articles?"

"Oh no, nothing journalistic. Just fiction you know, short stories and plays and stuff," Yunho explained.

"Oh, of course," Heyi said, quickly regaining her composure. "I'm into the theater myself. Not that I wouldn't like to get into film. In fact, I just played the lead in Angelwood High's production of Bonanza. Kim Hongki directed it-you must have heard of him," she said, barely pausing for breath.

"No, I don't think I have," said Yunho.

"Well, anyway, the play got rave reviews. I'm planning to make my debut on Broadway as soon as I get out of school," Heyi said. "Or to land a role in a film," she added quickly.

"Great, great," Yunho said, nodding.

Finally, thought Heyi, a common interest. "But I've still got another year of school before I can start my career. Another long year." She sighed dramatically and looked away.

"Uh, if you'll excuse me," Yunho said, standing up abruptly, "I've got to get going. It was nice talking to you." He swung his book bag over his arm and headed for the door.

Heyi stared after him, completely baffled. 'Did I come on too strong? Was I too enthusiastic? Maybe I should play it even cooler.' She thought, downing her espresso.

Yunho steered his Miata through the winding streets of the quiet town, deep in thought about Angelwood High. Sororities, fraternities, cheerleading, sports. It seemed as though all the kids played a sport here. And it seemed as though everybody had a huge group of friends. Yunho had never been very interested in sports. He had never been good in groups, either. He sighed. He would never fit in here.

His school in his hometown had been so different, much more staid and conservative than Angelwood High. He had been more in his element there. Yunho had been the editor of the yearbook. One of the plays he had written had been performed the year before. But even then, he admitted to himself, he'd felt awkward and out of place.

Yunho drew a deep breath. He'd always been a bit of a loner, spending much of his time by himself, thinking and writing. The other guys in his class had seemed so comfortable together, always rubbing each other and throwing playful punches. They had been comfortable with girls as well. Yunho had always envied their confidence and security. When Yunho found out that his father had been given the opportunity to direct in the Philippines, he had made a serious resolution. He had told himself, he was going to be a different person. Nobody knew him there. Nobody knew that he was shy and insecure and that he thought about things too much. In Philippines, he could make a new start. He would be cool, confident, and outgoing.

But now he wasn't so sure. Connecticut, really was the land of sun and surf-full of tanned, muscular guys like Choi San and pretty girls like Jung Heyi. Popular, bubbly Heyi practically oozed Connecticut confidence. Her sister Wolyoung seemed more his type. He thought of how embarrassed she'd been to have her hand stuck in the mailbox. And that was no easy feat! Yunho laughed out loud, thinking of it. Maybe he should ask her out. No, he would probably make a fool of himself, stammering awkwardly as he always did. She would just laugh in his face and walk away. Yunho sighed. He had always been too shy to ask anyone out. The only times he dated girls was when they took the initiative.

'Well, that's all going to change now.' Yunho said to himself. He drove through the Angelwood hills, strengthening his resolve. Connecticut was for the old Yunho. From now on, he will be a new man.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 6.3K 33
{description change-- 14/11/20} Seonghwa lost his parents when he was young, he had to take care of his three friends. At the same time he discovers...
196K 7.1K 17
ATEEZ's leader had a secret. One that he was adamant on keeping a secret. What happens when he reaches his breaking point and the members find out? H...
93.1K 3.5K 45
Jung Wooyoung has to marry Choi San due to company problems. His parents decided to merge their company with San's family's company. He never knew h...
438K 19K 64
[COMPLETE] In which Wooyoung is in a toxic relationship none of his friends know about. What happens when his best friend, Yeosang, sets him up on a...