𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐄𝐑 | xɪᴀᴏ...

By mouussey

"Aether." He called my name and it was music to my ears as it felt like a cloud nine for me. He pinned me to... More

000
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033

011

5.2K 145 96
By mouussey

Aether

Morning came, and the sun's rays played upon my fair skin, which brought warmth and woke me up from my deep slumber. I slowly opened my eyes and stretched my muscles as my feet went out of bed. My eyes scanned the room, and I opened the window to feel the gentle morning breeze brush against my skin. What a beautiful day to begin!

My ears listened to the melody of the birds chirping, and my head looked up to see how the artistic yellow sun painted the starry night sky into a blue sky. A smile was immediately plastered on my face.

I fixed my bed and went towards the bathroom to take a warm bath while humming a song. Saturdays are my favorite because it's my rest day; however, it was a miracle for me to wake up early in the morning since my sister is usually my daily alarm clock, especially on weekends. What makes it different today is that my mood felt really good, and there is a sweet sensation within me, which adds flavor.

I decided to make pancakes for breakfast after doing my morning routines, so I immediately headed down to the kitchen and started cooking them. Lumine is the chef in the kitchen since my cooking skills suck, but pancakes? Children could even make them with their eyes closed because they are so easy to cook.

"What the fuck is that smell?!" Lumine yelled and busted out of her room while coughing from the black smoke spreading inside the house.

"Breakfast is ready?" She looked at me, confused, and opened the window to let the smoke out.

"Can you explain what in the world you are doing?" she asked, rubbing her eyes as she saw me holding the spatula and the fried frying pan.

"I was just making pancakes for breakfast," I nervously answered, and she rubbed her temples due to stress.

"First and foremost, you can't cook," she said, turning off the stove to put out the fire.

"Second, what were you thinking? Did you eat bad or drink some poison? What has gotten you?" She added.

"It was an accident. I thought pancakes were easy to make, but I underestimated them."

She scoffed and raised her eyebrows. "Accident? When it comes to you, that was no accident because you can't cook. Do you plan to burn the whole house? Also, do you plan to feed me with this stuff? God, you gave me a headache early in the morning."

Her tone is so scary that my plan to lie went downhill. "It was never my intention to turn the pancakes into a black blob."

"Hold on! Does this have to do with what happened yesterday? With you and the lover boy?" she asked.

My cheeks turned red, and I slowly bobbed my head up and down. She sighed and patted me on the back. "Don't you know that the best way to win a man's heart is through his stomach? At this rate, you won him by sending him off to heaven."

This is it. My plan to become his wife has already failed because my food will only send him straight to the afterlife.

My strength has been drained because of shame and sadness. "Can you bury me in a dark and shady place?"

"Ew. What a drama queen! Just let me do the cooking for now to prevent the house from going on fire," she said.

"Does this mean my love life is over because my cooking skills stink?" My mind is an overthinker.

"No, you just have to practice," she answered.

"Can you teach me how to cook? I want to cook food, especially for Xiao."

"It depends on what's in it for me," she replied.

"I can buy you the clothes and make-up that you want," I answered.

"Seems fair. I want the Tao's clothes and make-up brand, specifically."

Tao's brand for clothes and makeup is so expensive, but it's worth the price since the quality is also the best.

"Are you trying to empty my wallet?"

"You asked for it. It's not my fault that the archons did not bless you with a talent to cook." She sometimes gets on my nerves.

"Fine." I sighed in defeat.

A victory smile formed on her face, and she said, "Great! Let's start by tomorrow."

Our conversation ended because she was busy cleaning up the mess and I was in the living room, sitting comfortably on the couch while watching cartoons on the television. My phone drew my attention when my ears heard the notification sound. I checked what it was, and it was from a group chat.

• 404 Group Not Found •

Chongyun
Hey, guys!

It's a group chat for our literature project, and judging from its name, it must be Chongyun who created it.

Xiao
Yo.

Jeez, can't my heart calm down? It skipped a beat just by seeing his chat? Also, my mood suddenly became better. Ugh! My standard is so lame.

"Maybe it's the right decision to call a therapist after all because you need it." My sister made me jump in surprise because I didn't even notice her sitting beside me.

"Shit! Can you stop popping out of nowhere? You have a bad habit of scaring people."

"Or you can just admit that you are one scared pussycat," she said, smirking.

I rolled my eyes and responded, "Whatever!"

"So, are you chatting with the lover boy?" she asked.

"N-no! Maybe? I don't know because it was a group chat and he's in it since we are teammates for our literature project."

She laughed at my response. "Seriously? I thought you were chatting with him because your smile was way up to the clouds."

My cheeks turned red because of shame, and I immediately covered them with the couch pillow. "Shut up!"

"Do you know what that's called? A bare minimum enjoyer," she teased, and I threw the pillow at her despite the fact that what she said is a fact.

Chongyun
Are you guys busy?

Aether
Not really. Why do you ask?

Xiao
No.

Chongyun
Xi and I have plans for tomorrow since he wanted to go see Barbara's live concert, so is it okay if we make the presentation today?

Aether
No way! A live concert of Barbara? It's my dream to go into one.

Chongyun
Haha! You're a fan of her?

Aether
Correction! I am not just a fan. I am her number one fan and supporter. However, my luck runs out every time she has a live concert because her tickets are always sold out whenever it's my turn to buy one.

Chongyun
Aww (ಥ_ʖಥ)

Aether
But it's fine. I'll wait for her next live concert. You two have some fun! Also, it's fine with me to make the presentation today.

Xiao
Same.

Xiao's responses are even colder than ice. It's funny and kind of cute when they only use one word. It made me chuckle.

"So this is love, mmm~ So this is love!" My sister teased me again by singing 'So this is love' from Cinderella.

"Can you leave me alone for a moment?" She burst out laughing when she successfully annoyed me.

Chongyun
Nice! Just one tiny problem: where should we make the project?

Aether
Our house is a bit messy, and my sister hates visitors when the house is not tidy.

Chongyun
Okay! How about Xiao's place?

Xiao
What?

Chongyun
Xiao's house it is.

Xiao
How about at your place?

Chongyun
Nah. Your house can unleash my studious self, and we can surely concentrate our brains there.

Xiao
Shut the fuck up! You just want to play Genshin Impact.

Chongyun
:))

Xiao
No.

Chongyun
C'mon!

Xiao
No.

Chongyun
Please?

Xiao
No.

Aether
You two should make up your mind!

Chongyun
Aether! Side with me.

Xiao
👹

Aether
Please?

Xiao
Please what?

Aether
Can we please go to your house and do the literature project there?

Xiao
Ok.

Chongyun
I'm hurt. You said no to me three times, but when Aether asked you, it only took one try? You shattered my heart into a million pieces.

Xiao
Gross.

Chongyun
I thought I was the only one, but you cheated me on Aether.

Xiao
Stop it, asshole.

Aether
Cut the drama! What time is the meet up?

Chongyun
How about 2 PM?

Xiao
No.

Chongyun
2 PM it is!

Xiao
?!

Aether
See you two later.

I could not hold my excitement and immediately went to my room to change. I chose to wear my vintage oversized sweatshirt and paired it with my blue jeans. I tied my hair in a high ponytail and wore a silver chain necklace to complete the look.

Am I being overdressed? I immediately looked in the mirror to check my outfit. Nah. I nailed this look. I went downstairs to wear my white shoes and picked up my black slingbag.

"Are you going on a date?" My sister looked at me up and down with her arms crossed.

My cheeks turned a bit red. "A date would be nice, but I am only heading to Xiao's place for—"

She didn't let me finish my sentence when she squealed loudly. "Shut up! You two are way too fast, and now you are going to get laid?"

My whole face became red, and smoke fumed out of my ears. "No! God, why would you think that?"

"Aren't you?"

My palm landed on my face, and I shook my head. "No! We will be making a project."

"A baby project?" she said, wriggling her eyebrows.

"Maybe you're the one who needs a therapist."

She chuckled. "Fine. Fine. I'll stop teasing you, but remember to do safety first."

She winked, and before I could respond back, she had already closed the door.

•••••

Author's Note:

Poor Xiao. As an introvert person, my condolences to you dude!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.5K 530 15
This story will start with a follow up on my Zhongli x Childe story (even if you do not want to read it i am pretty sure it is easy to follow in the...
251K 7.8K 17
"You introduced me to colors I had never seen before." A short fanfic/extended oneshot, xiao x aether thank you for checking out my story hehe if i d...
54.3K 1.3K 13
"His hair looks just like the sun..." Aether has been searching for answers about where his sister could be after being separated by the unknown God...
68.1K 1.4K 25
Drawn to Xiao and not knowing why.. Everyone has left him, leaving him to have no care whatsoever. His pain is forever and he will always endure it...