veritas. | 엔하이픈

By eishihoonie

"in this game, it's only kill or be killed." Class A has always been the paragon of the university. A class m... More

PREFACE : THE INVITATION.
WARNING:
ONE : BLOOD CARDS.
TWO : MOUSE TRAP.
THREE : THE A-TRAIN
FOUR : ALL OR NOTHING
FIVE : LAWLESS
SIX : PROCESS OF ELIMINATION
SEVEN : SEPARATION ANXIETY
EIGHT : TWO SIDES OF A COIN.
NINE : AEGIS
TEN : F*CK-TIONS
ELEVEN : CHEMISTRY

PROLOGUE: THE HANGING PARTY.

7.1K 452 1.1K
By eishihoonie

Prologue :
"Only the dead can keep a secret."

________________

"Don't you think... That's too much?"

That time...

I didn't know they were already this rotten.

"What do you mean by too much? She asked for it."
Jay told me, looking up and laughing while he took a sip on his red cup of alcohol. Sunoo who was next to him was filming the entire scene. a satisfied smile stifled on his face, recording every seconds of it.

I felt numb. This is ridiculous yet I can't do anything about it. if i were to do something, i'll be an enemy to everyone. 

I slowly looked up, horror painting my eyes as she struggles for her life. I want to move and help her, yet one single move and everyone here will try to destroy me too. And I can't win against everyone. each and every member of the Star Class came from a very prominent bloodline, every name on the attendance are parts of history. 

"You'll just speed up your death, Hayan-ah! Don't try to struggle and just cry!"
Heeseung yelled at her, making the whole class laugh and whistle in joy and excitement.

I thought this is the Star Class. The class of perfection where everyone excels at something. The whole school knew them as the paragon of the students, even after being socialites...

Kind

Compassionate

A true body of a leading class.

Why...

Why are we watching someone commit suicide?

"H-Help me!! P-p-please- ackkk!! Help!!!"
Jung Hayan tried struggling, tryng to take the rope off her neck. She was one of us.  A very kind girl, the editor in chief of the school's publication. even though she's one of the scholars of the unversity that came from a middle-class family, she went to the Star Class because of her intelligence. She tried fitting inside the class. She tried everything, even if no one welcomed her kindly. You can even call me a hypocrite for suddenly sympathizing for her 

She just wanted to be one of us. She thought the fruit of her labour within the year of being a part of the section will finally blossom tonight on the exclusive party held for her Birthday. She tried dressing well for the first time... even buying an expensive gown that could cost her family a fortune just for today. and yet here she is.

she was standing on a pedestal earlier, not until the pedestal started moving up until it reached the ceiling. there, a small rope with a circular end met her and she was dared by the class president. 

"This is your final test, Hayan-ah! If you can try and hang yourself on that rope for a minute without standing on the pedestal, you'll officially be a part of the Class-A! You want that, right?"
Yang Jungwon shouted at her, looking up since she's 40 feet higher than us. Hayan looked at the rope in front of her and gulped, staring down where we are.

"w-won't i die here...?"
She asked, hesitant. Yang Jungwon let out a soft laugh before rolling his eyes. 

"It's just a little jokey joke for the show. we'll bring the pedestal back once we finished filimng so do not worry. we won't let you die."
Yang Jungwon assured her that it will be okay. I can already hear my classmates evily giggling at her back, trying their best to not get caught. I can see Hayan gulping, holding the rope in front of her. 

"Just for the show, okay?"
She asked. Everyone nodded except me. I watched her in silence as she wraps the rope on her neck. she tightens it enough so it would look real. everyone took their phones out to start filming.

the pedestal started retracting downwards. I held my breath watching Hayan act as if she's fine when she can't probably breath in there.

"C'mon now, Hayan! act like you're really struggling!!"
Sunoo instructed at her, laughing. Hayan took it like a clown, faking her struggle, jumping out and shouting help. 

and before she knew it, the pedestal is already on the ground without her.

"Yah Jake-hyung what did you do?!"
Ni-ki approached Jake who was holding the remote buttons for the pedestal. Jake waved it up, laughing sardonically.

"Oopps.. I think I pressed a button?"
he sarcastically said and  laughed, throwing the remote somewhere. 

"GUYS??!!"
Hayan finally noticed that the platform won't come back anymore. she began to panic. The rope on her neck was tightly sealed and she started having dfficulty in breathing.

In the midst of the horror, everyone was shouting in joy. It was their plan from the start.

To get rid of Jung Hayan.

"I can't believe a leech like you really tried blending with us only to rip money off the informations you gathered to help destroy our families."

"Uri doggy Jung Hayan-ssi.. trying to befriend everyone and then sell informations about them. You're fvcking disgusting!!"

"Jung Slut-yan... How about you just die in peace?"

I can't believe the words coming out from my classmates. My hands were trembling and I was caught in a trance. Will they really let her die? Don't it means they'll kill her?

"Disgusting, Ain't it?"
I was snapped back to reality when Sunghoon appeared next to me, giving me a red cup with alcohol inside. I gulped and took it from his hands, looking away.

"Don't be a stranger, Ryeon. I know you."
He whispered, sipping on his cup. I gazed at him,  He's someone you cannot read.  cannot see what he's inside, what he is thinking.

"Won't you help her?"
I asked him. He shrugged his shoulder, blankly looking up at Hayan. 

"Out of everyone on our class, I am one of those who took severe damage from her so why would I?"
He told me, smirking. He watched her lose her breath in glee, his fangs peeking out his lips until Hayan doesn't move anymore.

Hayan choked for air, her lips turning purple and her eyes dilating. she continiously screamed for help until there was no voice coming out of her lungs. she looked down, tears flowing from her eyes from the betrayal of who she thought her friends. 

"Ryeon-noona! your turn!"
Yang Jungwon approached me with my bow on his hands. I know what he's thinking.

"You can do it, right? noona?"
He gave me the bow and set the arrowhead on fire with Jay's lighter. my trembling hands took the bow and fire arrow from him as i close my eyes, taking deep breaths to ease my tension and aimed on top.

I'm sorry, Jung Hayan.. 

I pulled the string of my bow to my face, The blazing arrow aimed towards Hayan. I looked at her,  not realizing that a tear already escaped from my eyes. 

Hayan... SORRY!!!

the sound of the arrow travelling towards her and hitting her chest broke the solemn silence of anticipaton earlier. the fire started crawling on her skin and her elegant white dress started to get burned with her. she was burned alive.

And again, everyone cheered.

They found bliss on someone's death.

UTTERLY EVIL.

KARMA WILL GET US SOMEDAY.

__________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 4.4K 13
Tbh I thought it'll be fun to do this LOL Inspired by @abbievanitycakes, the picture is also edited by Abbie :3 Leave your scenarios down in the co...
635K 31.4K 51
ELITE SERIES #1. COMPLETED. ENHYPEN HEESEUNG. ❝Because after all... a playboy will always be a playboy, and a cheater... will always be a cheater.❞ S...
63.7K 3.9K 38
❝ you look pretty, by the way. ❞ ❝ whatever, jake. ❞ ❝ i meant it, isabel, you look beautiful. ❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 ───── ˎˊ˗ 𝗶𝘀𝗮𝗯𝗲𝗹 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗸 has...
55.2K 1.4K 14
[Discontinued - Cringe warning, lots of typical y/n shenanigans, proceed at your own risk] So you were dumped into Class-3-E to rot with your fellow...