A Man On A Mission || Classro...

By AnkitFTW

" You are being admitted to Class-D, the worst Class of your year. " " If you successfully reach Class-A, you... More

Chapter 1 : Man on A Mission
Chapter 2 : A New Environment
Chapter 3 : Questions
Chapter 4 : Speculations
Chapter 5 : Authority
Chapter 6 : Conflict
Chapter 7 : Breakdown
Chapter 8 : Blunder
Chapter 9 : Burden
Chapter 10 : Brother
Chapter 11 : Reunion
Chapter 12 : Affection
Chapter 13 : A Pleasant Afternoon
Chapter 14 : May 1st
Chapter 15 : Resistance
Chapter 16 : Consequences
Chapter 17 : Movements
Chapter 18 : Co-Operation
Chapter 19 : Hanging Out
Chapter 20 : Study Session
Chapter 21 : New Acquaintances
Chapter 22 : DripKouji
Chapter 23 : Hindrance
Chapter 24 : Manipulation
Chapter 25 : Lovebirds
Chapter 26 : Sudden Proposal
Chapter 27 : Your Real Self
Chapter 28 : Blackmail Gone Wrong
Chapter 29 : Other Leaders
Chapter 30 : Midterms
Chapter 31 : Female
Chapter 32 : Date
Chapter 34 : A Small Stroll
Chapter 35 : Results
Chapter 36 : Advice
Chapter 37 : Answers
Chapter 38 : Her Past
Chapter 39 : Responsibility
Chapter 40 : Problem
Chapter 41 : Weak
Chapter 42 : Excitement
Chapter 43 : Mob Mentality
Chapter 44 : The Tyrants
Chapter 45 : Wave
Chapter 46 : Rejoice
Chapter 47 : Meritrocracy
Chapter 48 : Kei
Chapter 49 : Queen
Chapter 50 : Is this Love?
Chapter 51 : Failure
Chapter 52 : Flaws
Chapter 53 : Hints
Chapter 54 : Embrace
Chapter 55 : Save Yourself
Chapter 56 : Facade
Chapter 57 : Sensei's Advice
Chapter 58 : The Girl With The Cane
Chapter 59 : Live However You Want
Chapter 60 : Student Council
Chapter 61 : Positions
Chapter 62 : Idol
Chapter 63 : 'Vacation'
Chapter 64 : Altercation
Chapter 65 : The Den of Hell
Chapter 66 : Wildcard
Chapter 67 : Retirement?
Chapter 68 : Worst-Case Scenario
Chapter 69 : Rat
Chapter 70 : Unity
Chapter 71 : 'I Love You'
Chapter 72 : Revelation
Chapter 73 : Baby Steps
Chapter 74 : Dying
Chapter 75 : Two Birds With One Stone
Chapter 76 : Cut
Chapter 77 : Rumble
Chapter 78 : Judgement
Chapter 79 : Slave
Chapter 80 : Dream Come True
Chapter 81 : One Sided Massacre
Chapter 82 : The Resolve Of The Weak
Chapter 83 : Calculations
Chapter 84 : Boys
Chapter 85 : Alliance
Chapter 86 : Odd
Chapter 87 : No Time to Rest
Chapter 88 : "Zodiac"
Chapter 89 : Game
Chapter 90 : Target
Chapter 91 : Simplicity
Chapter 92 : Agreement
Chapter 93 : Victory
Chapter 94 : Pattern
Chapter 95 : A Tyrant's Frustration
Chapter 96 : Class-A?
Chapter 97 : The Finale

Chapter 33 : Proud

9.1K 419 166
By AnkitFTW

"How was the date?"

Right as Ayanokouji was about to take a seat, his black haired seatmate threw him a glance mixed with irritation and jealousy? while fiddling with her pencil.

"It was pretty decent, I guess. Had a nice chat with Matsushita and came to the knowledge of a fan page of mine existing in the school forum."

"I see. I also unfortunately had the liberty of seeing that fanpage. It's literally everywhere in the forum. You seem to grow quite a fanbase."

"Yeah.....Being handsome has its perks it seems."

At his sarcastic comment, Horikita slightly raised her eyebrows while giving him a small smirk.

"Never took you as a narcissist. Guess we learn something new everyday."

"....It was a joke. I'm not Koenji."

"Oh really? Sometimes your voice gets so boring and dull that I can't seem to find the difference between a joke and a fact. I sincerely apologise for the misunderstanding. "

With a mocking bow, Horikita let out a small giggle as Ayanokouji's eyes twitched in annoyance.

"I thought you would like that. Your onii-san seems to like that trait of mine, you know?"

"And what does nii-san have to do with your boring voice?"

"What I'm trying to say is, a brocon like you always seems to replicate her own brother at a lot of things. So I thought both of you would have the same preference as well."

Immediately Horikita's hand went towards his waist trying to pinch it, but The Masterpiece of the White Room dodged her attack and instead flicked her fingers, causing her to reel it back with a frown on her face.

"I made lunch for you....But I won't give it to you, anymore."

With a cold annoyed voice, Horikita turned away from him as Ayanokouji mentally sighed to himself, while a veil of awkward silence was created between them.

'There we go. It seems like my words seem to get under her skin as she didn't like me comparing her with her brother. I'm sorry Horikita, but I needed to say it to break you away from your brother's shell.....

Now...how should I calm this situation?'

Shrugging himself from his thoughts, Ayanokouji looked towards his seatmate who was scribbling something on her notebook, while glaring at it.

'Poor notebook-kun, suffering from the wrath of the Ice Queen all by itself.'

"Say Horikita, I was planning to cook all by myself for the first time. Do you want to be my guinea pig?"

"Huh?!"

Immediately she turned towards him with her glare still present on her face.

'Excellent move, me. Truly a masterpiece....at failing at every social interaction.'

"I want to cook something, and since you are my first friend, I would like to treat you. Do you want to eat something?"

Horikita narrowed her eyes at him while looking at him suspiciously before sighing to herself.

"What ulterior motive do you have? Even if your face is the same, its still way too suspicious how you are offering me food out of the blue."

"I would like to reconcile with you..And from what I've heard, food is the first step to get inside a girl's heart. "

The black haired maiden slightly blushed in embarrassment as her glare lessened.

"You are quite the saint, aren't you? Not even making any excuses and getting straight to the point."

"My father taught me to never lie, as it's a bad trait to have."

'Says the person who's entire life is based on a lie...'

"That's.... frankly not believable."

Kiyotaka slightly raised his eyebrows while allowing him to speak further.

"How so?"

"If your father wants you to be the future President, then shouldn't he train you to lie effortlessly and impactfully? Because pardon my knowledge but I think every single politician has to lie at some point to appease the public."

'I guess I never took any precaution of how smart Horikita can be....Sigh, how troublesome.'

"That's a good point, but you are missing one thing. The reason my father didn't train me to lie is because he believed that if he does so, then I would lie to get myself free from every situation I face, the consequences of which could be very heavy in the future.

So, I'm not exactly saying that I never lie. What I'm saying is, I only lie when necessary."

'And that's 24/7.'

With an understanding expression, Horikita nodded to herself while hearing him attentively.

"I see. I think I get it now. I never fully got the grasp at this, but your life is pretty complicated, isn't it?"

'You have no idea.'

Sending him a small smirk, she took out her all time favourite book, "Crime and Punishment" and started rereading it, yet again.

'How many times will you read this book, woman? I already think you did it 4 times after joining this school...Maybe I should ask her to lend it to me in the future to see what the hype is about.'

"Say Ayanokouji-kun, when are you going on a date with Matsushita-san, again?"

Hearing her emphasis on the word again, Kiyotaka slightly tilted her head to look at her face.

Her face was as stoic as most of the time, yet, she was wearing a small frown.

"Is that jealousy I hear? Not going to lie, I wasn't expecting that from you."

"Jealousy? For what? I'm not jealous of anyone? I'm just asking a simple question. Don't even think for a second I was jealous of Matsushita-san. "

"We don't have any plans as of now. It was a one time thing. But maybe if you want, both of you can hang out with me toget-"

"Not interested."

'At least I tried.'

Kiyotaka sighed to himself before trying to make a mock sad expression, even though it failed.

"And here I was thinking about spending time with you....Alas...it seems Horikita only has her nii-san in her heart. "

Immediately she blushed in embarrassment while trying to glare at Ayanokouji.

"W-why are you bringing up nii-san again in this conversation? Also, don't try to play smart with me. You think I don't understand your motives?"

"...And what do you understand?"

"You are trying to act as if you are sad all the while trying to trap me into your harem. You sure are devious, Ayanokouji-kun. "

"Harem? What is that?"

Horikita's snarky attitude paused as she looked at her brown haired acquaintance with a blank gaze, before she breathed out in relief as she muttered to herself.

"Thank god Sotomura-kun didn't share those kinds of light novels to you."

"It's nothing Ayanokouji-kun. It's nothing important. "

"That smile of yours sure seems suspicious. "

"Don't worry about it."

"Kouji-kun, Horikita-san, good morning~"

Matsushita and Satou soon surrounded their desk while their blonde haired friend sighed to herself before walking towards her seat.

"What's going on? Why is Horikita-san grumbling to herself?"

"Nothing important... Horikita was actually jealous of you. It seems that she also wants to go on a date with me."

"Really?"

Instinctively Matsushita looked towards the black haired girl with a smirk on her face as Horikita sent a glare towards Kiyotaka who ignored her completely, lost in his thoughts.

'What should I eat tonight?'

"Horikita-san, are you jealous of Matsushita-chan? Well, don't hide it. Truth to be told, I was also extremely jealous of her, when the news. But us girls gotta stick together so we can get a chance as well, right?"

Satou's kind of motivating words seemed to get a small smile from the black haired girl, however before she could lay out a response, the door of the classroom opened as Chabashira-sensei entered the room with her usual stoic face, causing the two girls to bid them goodbyes and went towards their seats .

Chabashira's face met Ayanokouji for a second as she sent him a small smile before walking towards the podium.

"Good morning everyone. You guys....sure seem excited."

"Chabashira-sensei, we were told that the results would be out today, but when exactly?"

Ike raised his hand to ask her the question with an unusually calm voice and a thoughtful expression on his face.

' Ever since the Question Paper incident, he seems to mellow down a little and is kind of acting like a decent human being. Nice character development Ike... Though there is still a lot for you to improve in the future, I'm looking forward to it.'

And it seems Horikita shared the same thought as him, as she looked at the usual perv of Class-D with a little surprise.

"Don't worry about the results Ike....I was planning to show it to you guys before lunch, but seeing your excited faces I changed my mind."

With a quick pace, she took out a poster and posted it on the board, before turning towards the students with a small smile on her face, seeing which they stared at her in shock, noticing the huge difference between the usual Chabashira-sensei and this one.

"I must say, I was not expecting you guys to all do so well. Excellent job, I must say. Even with such a setback in the first month, it seems you guys are starting to learn. Sensei is proud of you."

Then as the marks are shown, everybody started cheering in happiness while the eyes of the leader of Class-D were drawn more towards the window as he saw a huge eagle preying on a pigeon.

There was no satisfaction or happiness within those eyes....it was even duller than usual. No one noticed this change, except for the person who was sitting right beside him, however she decided to stay quiet.

Who knows what's going on within his mind....

End of Chapter 33

Words : 2404

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter....Somehow I was able to write the chapter within the small amount of free time I got. Hopefully next chapter will come out soon, but I'm not so sure.

Anyways we are close to 100k for this book, so let's complete this achievement.

Anyways thats all. See ya.

-------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 56.3K 151
In this timeline, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka will attend the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School with the goal of living a high school peacefu...
17.9K 1.5K 39
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's second year is upon him. There were a few words left to him by someone he trusted. It was something that wouldn't leave his min...
7.2K 220 16
A Classroom of the Elite story. He had a terrible life, but was given an second chance. Will he make the most of it? As Ichinose Hokaru... Will he be...
9.3K 159 18
Kiyotaka returned to the White Room, along with Class D. I got the idea from @AlbertIsBestGirl's fic 🥇: ayanokojikiyotaka - 12/20/2023