๐˜พ๐™–๐™ข๐™ฅ ๐˜พ๐™ง๐™š๐™ฉ๐™–๐™˜๐™š๐™ค๐™ช๐™จ...

By Little00Dove

Being brought back. slowly though 14-year-old, Lilith Johnson arrived on Isla Nublar thinking she'd have a n... More

Act 1
Chapter 1:1
Chapter 1:2
Chapter 1:3
Chapter 1:4
Chapter 1:5 (part 1)

Chapter 1:5 (part 2)

126 9 1
By Little00Dove

Happy Birthday, Eddie! 

---------------------------------------------------------

{}-{][][][][][}-{}

"You are such an idiot!" I screamed at Kenji.

The indo was still on our tail. But stoto roar and retreated bconcernsat was my least of concers, my most important concern was my life. And Kenji was taunting the grim reaper.

He could not drive. 

We were Ioing down a hill andmyll i could do was close me eyes andIhold onto the seat. Sure i was screaming just not Is loud. 

That was a lie, i was screaming very loud. If I Iidn't lose my life, then i would Iefinitely lose my voice. i started screaming even louder when he hit a bump, the van went flying. At that point, I was starting to think my body was floating to heaven. But when I openedImy eyes, I just realized i was back in hell. Or on hell? 

We skidded sideways into a tree. I'm so happy we didn't crash into it, only a little bump. We all were panting from the severe adrenaline rush we just had. How did we survive? I don't know. I'm just happy we did. 

"Is everyone okay?" I said panting. 

"Ask us later?" Brooklynn said. "At least we lost Indominus." 

"Now...where do we go?" Yasmina asked. 

Bumpy groaned in the back Ben suggested the best idea. "How about the genetics lab?" We looked at the lab and then back at Ben. "It's a gift."

"You are the smartest germophobe ever," I said smiling. 

We walked into the lab and I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was about to happen. I mean, every feeling I get is bad. We are on a dinosaur-filled island for crying out looking up, I really really do. 

The door hissed open to a dark laboratory. We all looked around in confusion. I scrunched my nose in mild disgust. Not because of a smell, but becausI of the creeping feeling i was getting. I couldn't shake that feeling, like a feeling of impending doom. 

I mumbled. "I'm not liking this vibe. Nu-uh. Not one bit." I put my hands in my pockets and stood a bit straighter. 

"What?" Darius walked in front of the group. On a table was a birthday cake with eight lit candles. The dancing flames are the room's only light source. 

From behind the cake, a face popped out with a gruncaughtoise and new face catching us by surprise. We all scream backing away back towards the elevator. Kenji held the elevator door and instead of the Iliche him protecting me, i was protecting him. Sorta. 

"Ahhh. What the heck," I put my hands in a fighting mode. I wasn't ready to punch anything. I had my eyes closed and was halfway turned, ready, to bolt at any second. Well i did say sorta. 

I opened my eyes to fully see the new face. And it was luckily not a dinosaur face. The face started screaming at us and shined a lamp light at us. 

"Not dinosaurs. You're not dinosaurs. This is the worst birthday ever." He was panting and sighing. 

"Yeah obviously, random dude," I said standing in a less defensive position. "So you can put the lamp down." 

We cut slices of the cake and started eating it. My first taste of food in hours! My stomach, taste buds, and overall in frontll thank me. I ran infront of Kenji blocking him from getting a slice. He looked at me annoyed and huffed. I"Snooze you lose, Kenj," i said grabbing the biggest slice. 

"I wasn't even sleeping," He grumbled ouDariusre taking a slice. 

DArius, being the inarguable leader, started speaking for all of us. "Again we are so happy we found you. Things are crazy!" 

"Yeah yeah. Crazy. Like super crazy," i added after. I was almost done with my cake so my sentence came out as grumbles from stuffing my face. It's not 'lady-like' but manners don't apply to me in this moment. 

"Theres a giant camoflauge dinosaur out there. Also, regular dinosaurs. We've been hoping to find someone-" 

"You're sure you closed the door behind you, right?" He was cut off by the birthday dude. 

I wasn't really paying attention to the conversation. Only the cake. I leaned against the side of the table next to Kenji, both of us stuffing our faces. 

I finished, then he finished and he grabbed another cake. Not before loudlI belching. "Gross dude," i said scrunching up my nose in disgust. Darius and Birthday dude looked back at him. 

"Sorry? Did you wanI it back?"

"It's natural i can't stop it,"IHnudgedely defended when i nugded him. I rolled my eyes and forked a little piece off his new slice of Iake. He drew back before i could get another piece. 

"HIy!" He exclaimed. 

"Hi," i said back. 

"You know what? Doesn't matter. The dinosaurs got out and no one bothered to tell me; they just ran. So, why not? Knock yourself out." The Birthday dude said. He was stationed by the door nervously. Just looking and worrying for dinosaurs. 

On the other side of the room, Brooklynn was trying to use the phone. Clicking the buttons and inevitably defeat the phone in defeat. 

"Ugh! Theres no dial tone!" She backed away and threw herself in a chair. 

"The landlines are down. So the radio, and cell phone service keeps cutting out." Birthday dude said. 

We were all surprised. You'd think every part of the park would have backup genratirs. Including the labs.

I looked at Kenji suporsed and he looked back just as suprised. Eyes wide open and lossened grip on the plate. 

"But the park obviously has a plan. So, what's that plan? What do we do?" Darius was pressing for an answer. An answer rightfully owed. 

How could the park not have a plan? The park always has a plan, always. I just hope it's effective. They should put escape plans, and worse case scenarios and other precautionary stuff should be put in the park booklets. 

Birthday dude only looked back weirdly. "You're asking me?" He laughed a maniacal laugh. "Asking me?" He burst into a fit of laughter. He doesn't have a normal laugh. 

"Is that, like, a good freaky laugh?" Sammy optimistically asked. I envy her ability to stay somewhat sane in a time like this. On the other hand, some realism is needed.

"Do you not get it? We're doomed. No one is coming to help!" He stood up from his crouching at the door. His eyes were wide and he looked like a gas station junkie. Walking towards us, he emphasized the doomed part. He would be a horrible teacher. 

"But what about Dr. Wu, or--" Kenji asked. 

"Wu? Who do you think is to blame?" He started getting closer to me and Kenji. I stopped slouching and stood up straighter. This guy has no regard for personal space. 

"Wu got greedy. And instead of dinosaurs, he built monsters!" He turned around and swayed a hand to the incubators. "Masrani, Dearing, they're all clueless about what's really going on here. And after everything, I did for the other guys--" He stood in front of the incubator. Picking up an egg and laughing like a maniac. 

"Other guys? What other guys?" I questioned him. He turned around and looked at all of us. 

"It doesn't matter, does it? Jurassic World isn't a park. It's a powder keg, and it is detonating all around us! We're all going down. End of story!" He yelled at us. Kenji dropped his plate from the sudden outburst. I jumped back away from the plate and as a reflex. 

"Well it quite frankly, does matter, we are in this park!" I challenged him. Kenji gave me a tiny nudge meaning be quiet. But I will not be quiet, no, not in a time like this. 

"No, you have to know what to do. You're an adult!" Darius tried to reason. Although i don't think it was working. 

"Don't look at me. I was just hiding until you all barged in." He put his hands up in defense.

"Adults suck," I muttered. Earning a small chuckle from Sammy. 

He ran up to Darius. Grabbing onto his shoulders, "You have a vehicle?" He pushed Darius back and ran out the door.

That's when Kenji stepped up and dropped a bombshell of news, "Guys, I left the keys in the van."

"Crap." 

We ran after the Birthday dude, but we couldn't get to him in time. Curse my stamina. We all stopped when Darius did somewhat catching our breath. 

"Stop! What are you doing?" 

"Getting out of here alive!" He opened the van door and Yasmina sped up her running. 

Bumpy tripped her, causing her to fall face first. Birthday dude got into the van and started the engine. That recurring feeling came back in full force, impending doom. Something bad was about to happen, well, something bad always happens. Like: losing the van, running all day, and almost getting eaten by a mutant dinosaur more than once, along with other incidents. 

"This is not an island getaway!" I screamed. 

Yasmina was far ahead of us running after the van. She was so close to it until the dinosaur hit. 

BOOM!

Yasmina fell to the ground with a scream. We stopped running and looked at the scene in front of us. The dinosaur headbutted the van again roaring and creating a dent. It went to the other side of the van we saw Birthday dude try to exit. Opening the back doors Birthday dude tried to run out but failed once the dino stepped into view. He screamed and tried to hide under the van. But the dinosaur pushed the van to the side and stood over Birthday dude. 

My heart was pounding in my chest, I could hear the blood pumping in my ears. The dinosaur got him. I should've looked away but I couldn't. My body wanted to run but I couldn't move, the scene was horrifying. 

Kenji pulled me as we all started to run again. Panting trying to get away as fast as we could, running through the trees until we made it to some shipping containers. Then a pad fence. 

"Just our luck," i said sarcastically. 

"What?"

"Come on, are you kidding me?"

"Perfect! The park's only intact fence!" Kenji banged on the fence. Why is it always us? Why cant we just go home?

The roar from the dinosaur sounded closer than before. Spooking all of us we decided to run once again, hiding behind some rocks and catching our breath. Nothing good ever last.

"I told you she'd get in the way! If it wasn't for her, I could have made the van." Yasmina was pissed. But if it weren't for Bumpy she/we would be dead. 

"And then you would have been eaten. Bumpy saved your life." 

"Ben's right Yasmina. Bumpy saved your life," I was on Ben's side with this one. Why argue with a kid who just has a big heart?

"This isn't even about you! So don't insert yourself," She blew up on me. "Why couldn't you just leave her behind?" She focused her attention back on Ben. 

"Because I won't abandon her like we were!" It became quiet. We all knew it was true we just didn't want to accept it. 

"Ben's right," Darius said. "We're on our own."

A roar was heard in the distance. We all scream and Darius gets up to check where it was coming from. The dinosaur's thumps and snarls were heard from behind the rocks. Bumpy started squealing and we couldn't calm her down. The dinosaur obviously heard it because its thumps could no longer be heard. 

Darius got up and started to slowly and quietly walk to the edge of the rock. Ben put a hand on his shoulder and shook his head. I was behind Ben, hugging myself and doing the same thing. 

"What are you doing?" I mouthed. 

"Trust me." 

Darius ran from the hiding spot to behind a shipping container. He was about to run again but the dinosaur rounded the corner. Its snarls and thumps stooped, probably to look around to see or hear something. 

Then the thumps were heard, closer and closer. We ran to another hiding spot and tried to stay as quiet as possible. It roared as it checked around the area for us. Kenji, Ben, and Bumpy were behind barrels closer to the dinosaur. The rest of us were behind a shipping container. I was ready to bolt when Darius gave the signal, but we couldn't leave Kenji or Ben and Bumpy. We needed a plan fast.  

Darius waved a hand signaling for them to come closer. But the dinosaur's head was right by the barrels. Kenji shook his head and I grew more worried by the second. My best friend could die with one wrong move. 

I looked at him worriedly before retreating once the dinosaur came closer. We needed a distraction and I'm glad Darius' nerd brain could work fast. 

And it luckily did. 

He took a rock beside him and stood up. He went to the right side of the container and there it. It collided with something and the dinosaur roared and quickly turned around. It went to go check out the noise, leaving Kenji and Ben alone. 

"Kenji, get over here," I whispered. They moved toward the rest of the group along with a thumping Bumpy. 

Darius checked around the corner. Not seeing anything life-threatening he ran and we followed suit. While running from one of the containers Brooklynn trips on Bumpy. Falling to the ground, the tablet screen lit up and started making noise. Brooklynn gasped and tried to turn it off, but the dinosaur had already heard it. 

The dinosaur rounded the corner with its extremely ugly head, and we all ran. Sammy and I went to help Brooklynn. The dinosaur was close to snapping us but we got away in time. We ran into a narrow passageway between two containers. We huddled together and looked away. 

In the distance some clanging and Darius' voice could be heard. "Hey, over here!" 

We immediately got up and ran once the dinosaur wasn't focused on us anymore. We ran all the way to the van were the others were. Kenji pulled me with him into the front of the van. I was about to sit beside him when Yasmina pushed him out of the drivers seat. 

"I'm driving," She ordered. Kenji quickly moved over me and sat on my right side. Yasmina started the van and was about to drive off before she noticed someone missing. 

"Wait! Where's Darius?"

In came Darius, running away from the dinosaur. He jumped into the van and Ben and Sammy closed the doors. 

"Whew!" Darius panted and started laughing. Then we all started laughing. 

We were inturupted by the voice of, Roxie? 

"Kids? Come on, pick up! There's something going on. Stay at camp. We're heading to you." She said. 

I handed Darius the walkie-talkie. "No, we're heading to you!"

"Darius! Wait, why are you--" 

"We're fine, but we had to leave camp."

"What?"

"What?" Roxie and Dave's voices said. I was glad to know that they were okay. It gave me some sort of hope even if it was a tiny sliver of it. Some hope that we would be saved and be able to go home. I wonder if my mom was crying, or beating herself up over this. If i died on this trip i know she'll spiral out of control.

"Very long story don't worry," I said. 

"Short story: a dinosaur ate camp." Yasmina simplified. 

"Shorter story: epic leader Kenji somehow got everyone out safely," I could just see the eyerolls Dave and Roxie did. 

"And then we found a van and Bumpy!" Ben said. Bumpy squealed at the mention of her name. 

"We're cutting through the jungle and heading to the main park." Darius said finally. "Should be there soon." 

"We're getting out of here!" Brookelynn said. She there her hands up and let out a whoop. I laughed a little and threw my hands up too. 

"Yeah! You hear that, Bumpy?" Ben said to her.

"Whoo! Driver en route." Yasmina yelled from beside me. I held up my hand for a high-five which she gingerly accepted. 

Kenji sat back with a sigh. He smiled at me and I smiled back. I was happy to be alive, even happier he was alive too. 

"Good job not getting me eaten, bro." Kenji turned around to say. 

"Thanks, "brah." Darius tried to sound cool but it ended up being really cringy. He gets a point for effort though. 

"Oh, no, you-- you made that sound weird. No more bro-talk for you." 

I took my hair out of its falling ponytail and sat back smiling. We all looked at each other, nothing could beat this feeling. Even Brookelynn held her hand out for a high-fvie from Sammy. It was her little way of apologizing. 

Sammy laughed. "We did it, camp family! And not a moment too--" Her high-five and speech was inturuptted by Yasmina driving over some bumps. 

We all grunted and the sound of an object clanged on the floor. Turning back I looked at what had fallen. 

"My phone. I knew it!" Brooklynn stomped her foot. 

"Sammy, why?" I asked. 

Yasmina looked at Sammy. She had stood up for her. Was on her side. Did not once doubt her first friend. 

"Huh, Sammy?" She said. She wasn't really focused on the road anymore. None of us were. We all were focused on Sammy. 

Yasmina drove into a rock and we all screamed. Our bodies tumbled and I hit my head smack on the dashboard. Airbags were deployed and we all screamed. Then there was nothing but darkness. 

A/N

I know i haven't updated in a while but I'm updating now. Reached 300 reads! That makes me super duper happy. anyways, you should totally go check out my other fanfic. My bad i haven't been updating, i was thinking of discontinuing this book. But i decided not to. there are now five seasons to work on. so i hope you stay along for the ride. also my Wattpad and Grammarly have been acting tf up. Like Grammarly needs to fix itself. alright, bye bye. 

xoxo,

grace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 49.2K 71
๐…๐‘๐Ž๐™๐„๐ | โYe a cute little thin', aren't ya? I think ye will be mine now...โž โ†โ…โ„โ†โ… ส™แดส€ษด แดา“ แด„แดสŸแด… แด€ษดแด… แดกษชษดแด›แด‡ส€ แด€ษชส€ แด€ษดแด… แดแดแดœษดแด›แด€ษชษด ส€แด€ษชษด แด„แดแดส™ษชษดษชษดษข...
194K 6.9K 96
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1.1M 36K 62
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...