Reaching For Stars (Itsuki X...

By Relentlezz41

This is my third Quins story. Itsuki to some was labeled "the worst first girl ever" when really in actuality... More

Chapter 1 - Homeroom
Chapter 2 - The Sisters
Chapter 3 - Star Appearance
Chapter 5 - All Of Them
Chapter 6 - Whine Dining
Chapter 7 - First Day On The Job
Chapter 8 - Spy X Dinner
Chapter 9 - Home
Chapter 10 - Coming Home
Chapter 11 - First Date
Chapter 12 - Brawl
Chapter 13 - Trouble
Chapter 14 - Visit

Chapter 4 - Short Hair

913 37 3
By Relentlezz41

As I take a break from my novel (stuck on chapter 15), I had an idea that brings Itsuki, (FN), and the eldest sister in Ichika into some good humorous scenes.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

There was a plot going on around (FN) and Itsuki. It started with the sisters all sitting together at lunch. As Ichika was digging into the last of her rice she had to find out what her little sister was doing with her new guy friend. As the five of them were technically still looking for someone to fill up their tutor position, it would be different if Itsuki wasn't in that circle. Results would vary too. One on one sessions versus four girls that are all different.

"So Itsuki, you and your new friend are in your homeroom  studying today right?" Asked Ichika.

"Yeah." Nodded Itsuki.

"You exchange numbers yet?"

"Hmmm. We probably should." Itsuki shrugged. "That's a good idea."

"You wouldn't give your number to a creep right? I mean, is he the nerdy type? Geeky? Average?" Asked Nino.

"Average. Typical one you would have to really look around for him. He doesn't stand out too much." Replied Itsuki.

"That sounds underwhelming." Grumbled Nino.

"It doesn't sound bad." Mumbled Miku.

"Aren't we all special in a way?" Pointed out Yotsuba.

"Would you cut it out?" Itsuki was starting to really get bothered by Nino's snarky remarks. Judgmental was an understatement. It was getting ridiculous. She acted as he was a cheater, a liar, or a thief. 

"You eat your burger and clam it." Nino countered.

"Now-now." Ichika had to step to the plate. "You need to be a better people person Nino. Not sure who's yanking on your ribbons but you can lighten up a little."

"Fine then. But this doesn't feel right." Nino crossed her arms.

"You haven't met him. And so far, better than a few guys here. Not dense, staring at your parts all day, or making snarky remarks." Itsuki defended (FN) well. So far he earned his keep. To her at least. Nino had doubts, Ichika was interested to know more, and the other two had no opinion. 

"I'm sure we will meet him soon." Ichika giggled. Not if I can't help it. Looks like the limo is going to be two short. I have meet with Oda later on anyway. I have a little time and I can still be in uniform. It's okay. I have everything I need in my purse.

Three hours later the final bell rang. This is when everything started to get into motion. Ichika knew how to get around. It's easy with a kind and playful personality with a secret talent of acting. With that said after the final bell she didn't end up going to her shoe locker and to the limo. Rather to the vending machine to scope out a snack and waiting for her sister to come through. 

Let's see little sister. 3-5. Okay. She stood down the hallway in one of her disguises. Putting on a black pair of glasses and one of her sister's hair ribbons. Then reading one of her manga chapters as she watching the traffic of people walk by. I'm really looking forward to seeing this average guy you refer to. And most relationships aren't about jocks, brainiacs, hot bodies, and cheerleaders. Not every average teenaged boy is nice, willing to teach, willing to learn, and cute.

As she waited she found one boy that found himself walked into room 3-5. One that certainly could blend into a crowd. Blending in. Right. Coming from one of five sisters all born within twenty minutes or so.

Then Ichika saw her little sister walk in the classroom a moment later. "Hi (FN). Have you been waiting?" Called Itsuki.

"Didn't take long." Ichika smirked. Raising her head she peeked in. Seeing Itsuki and (FN) push two desks together to work was rather cute. "So then, I'll have an early morning tomorrow."

As Ichika turned away and walked down the hall to continue on her day as Itsuki got her bag open and went straight to some homework. "What should we start first?"

"What's the hardest? Let's get the hard part done the earliest." (FN) thought this would be a good way going forward. 

"Tough. But, history? My math is bad too..."

"Formulas or timestamps? Which one you think?"

"Timestamps that is anywhere from discovering fire to war a few decades ago. Sounds like a plan. Let me get the book out."

He smiled. "Did you start anything?"

"Not yet. Definitions first, right?"

"Always Itsuki. Always. Though something tells me we will be here until clubs are over. Can't say I mind though. And we'll take a break, go to the vending machine, and get back to it if we need to. Let's not get too much pressure on ourselves."

Itsuki shook her head. "You seem laid back about this."

"Not trying to do too much. That would be overdoing it."

"Thank you in advance. I'll make sure it's worth your while soon. Okay?" She blushed.

"I offered. I told before. Don't sweat it." Having a big sister prepared me for this. I'm so glad I can talk to girls. Whether I like her or not. I haven't got there. Yet anyway. But I wonder if it's better for her to make the first move or not. Debate for another time I guess.

~~~~~

The next morning was interesting as (FN) woke up a little tired. Time to hit the morning coffee. It couldn't be skipped today. Helping Itsuki hit the books along with his own homework had him sleep like a rock. As he got dressed and put the coffee on he was pondering what happened yesterday as they stayed in the classroom for hours.

During their time they did take a break to the vending machine where Itsuki grabbed herself a soda with a honeybun as (FN) tended to an iced tea. As he opened it up and sat on the bench Itsuki seemed surprised.

"Are we going back?" She asked.

"Take five. Sometimes you need to walk away. Been cramped up in the same spot sucks. It makes you stress out and go crazy. A few minutes here won't kill us." He replied.

"Okay. Thank you."

"So, does your sister go to school here too?"

"All of us do. Yeah. We all come and go to school together. Not today obviously. I take taxi rides home. It's why we have the credit cards."

"Must be nice..."

"I try not to flaunt it around. It's not who I am. My mother wasn't that way. So why change it?" She bite into the honeybun and smiled.

"Yeah. Good way to put it. And you know what, let's make it ten (minutes)."

(FN) smiled as he thought a moment like that could really center these last few days. With a pretty girl involved he had to be careful. He poured his coffee as his sister walked into the kitchen.

Back to the reality. "Morning."

"So, how's the girl?" Elle smirked.

"Itsuki is good. Making the days go quicker as well."

"Tell me straight Bro. You interested in that way or what's the deal? Just so I can warm up Mom if you bring her home one day."

"Elle why is it that it's Dad for you and Mom for me." He pondered.

"One knows the gender, sees the signs, and scares them off if they mess up. Or maybe if you mess up it's what you did wrong and you learn from it."

"Ahhh. Riiight. This explains a lot."

"Any other questions?"

"What happens when I meet her sisters?" He asked Elle.

"Younger or older?"

"All in the same school."

"That's a little tough. Trust me when I tell you that.

"Sure thing. I'm ready for when it happens too." So I hope...

Just like that there was a little trickery happening as he was on his way to class. Ichika wasn't taking the limo to school. She got up, grabbed a taxi, and right down the street had some good eateries for breakfast. That said, she had a morning routine and was going to beat (FN) to homeroom to prove something. Or rather, test him. See what he could figure out and who he was. The boy that was talked about and not introduced yet. 

Ichika was smart about how she went about it. She grabbed one pair of Itsuki's hairclips that were hanging up in the bathroom. That was the trump card. The hair color was the same, but their hair style and personalities are different. So she hoped that he would either give a reaction or a little personality of who he was. Then if he could figure it out, that would be an even bigger test. Operation switch was in effect. 

(FN) thought he would be the first one in. But he was happy when he saw that vibrant hair he smiled. Though shocked that to him it appeared that got a haircut. "Woah. Morning."

"Morning." A disguised Ichika giggled.

"First one in?" He asked.

"I guess so. How are you?"

"Can't complain. I didn't think you'd get a haircut last night. I thought you were going to grab dinner, study a little more, and watch a show before bed." He pondered.

"My sister did it." At this point the 'my sister' excuse could really be used for anything at this point in time. 

"I see. You cut a lot off too. How does it make you feel?"

"Do you like it?" She blushed.

"I think its cute. Still have that color that's really nice."

"Just nice?" She smirked at him.

"Hey, hold on a second..." (FN) was hoping that the morning coffee would kick in. Itsuki never teased him. Also Itsuki coming into school one day with short hair when most students with busy nights get it done on the off day. Something wasn't right. "Something doesn't feel right."

"You okay? Have you eaten? Blood sugar low? Need nursing?" Giggled Ichika.

"Ha!" He pointed at her. "Are you her sister?"

"Hehe. Good job." Ichika took the hair clips out slowly. Then took off the uniform jacket. "So, besides the hair, how did you notice me?"

"First of all forgive my manners. I'm (FN). I've been studying with Itsuki. Secondly, outside the hair she seems a little timid. You seem, kinda flirty?"

"Very well. Tell me though boy, how is my sister?" Cooed Ichika.

"I think she got a lot of stares on her first day and people stared at her and didn't talk to her. The gossip was a little too much for her and I just said hi when the room emptied. Then something happened at lunch and we talked about studying and here we are."

"I see. I would have hoped you can see through me. Especially since we are different. Did she mentioned that she has siblings?" 

"Yeah. Not how many though. I get the feeling there is more than just you. For me I have an older sister. She's a five years older and we still live together."

"Oh really? This explains a little. I'll be nice and give you a hint. I'm the oldest." That hint was going to drive him crazy. 

"Twins?" He guessed.

"Hehe. Nope." Giving him a wink. "When you figure it out let me know. 'Kay boy?"

"What is going on here!?" Grumbled a familiar voice.

(FN) turned around. "Itsuki. I was hoping before someone else showed up to make this more awkward than what it is."

"Ichika!" Snapped Itsuki. "Exactly what are you doing?"

"I had to meet the boy you kept talking about. Oh and by the way, Father from the group email said the tutor is coming today. Just a heads up. You're welcome to join and you're welcome to have him be your tutor. As you choose. We won't tell Father. How's that?" Ichika got out of Itsuki's chair and walked towards her. Reaching over to her with a guilty smirk. "Here. Have these back." Giving her the hairclips back. Itsuki was shocked thinking that her sister really did try to disguise herself as her. Then turning back to (FN). "See you around." A wink and she was off.

"What the hell was all that?" He asked.

Itsuki looked down at the hairclips in her hand. "Did you, notice it was her?" Feeling hurt.

"I found it out that the Itsuki I studied with yesterday until it almost got dark got her haircut and started to flirt a little." He replied brutally honest.

"Mmm!" She covered her eyes with her hands. "So embarrassing."

"Ah don't sweat it. Though I got to ask Itsuki. How many sisters do you have?"

"I'm one of five."

"HUH!?" He gasped. Ahhh, shit!

~~~~~

And that's when he knew. He knew right there that shit just got real.

-Relly

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

336K 10K 69
Ichika Nakano's life changed when she met that boy As you can see in the title its a Ichika Nakano x Male Reader story. I pick Ichika because of some...
1.5K 107 35
A Quintessential Quintuplets fanfiction. In an alternative timeline where Uesugi declined the tutoring job, his past connection to the quintuplets is...
43.7K 584 24
Yuki was born in a rich family and has Quintuplet sisters but sadly he was thrown into a orphanage after they seen that he isn't a girl. Yuki had a r...
92.9K 2.8K 61
In this story you are Y/N a normal boy who is going to have a hell of a meeting. Immerse yourself in the history of Y/N and his 4 best friends (The m...