Roses Are Red

By naeguji

Bungou Stray Dogs One Shots :) feel free to request More

Requests/Intro UPDATED
Fond of You (Dazushi)
Sweet Obliviousness (Ransushi)
Happy Birthday, Chuuya (Chuuatsu)
Love Potion (Dazushi)
Happy Birthday, Atsushi (Dazushi)
1, 2, 3 (Soukoku)
Hide and Seek (Ranpoe)
A Beautiful Princess (Dazatsu)
The Agency's Kitten (Dazushi)
Dazai's Pet (Dazushi)
I Remember (Dazushi)
Set Up (Soukoku)
Happy Birthday To Me (Dazatsu)
My God (ShinSoukoku)
The Art Of Seduction (Shinsoukoku)
Drunk and In Love (Dazatsu)
Sidetracked(Chuuatsu)
Taunting (Fyozai)
Voodoo (Dazatsu) Pt. 1
Beautiful (Shinsoukoku)
Blood and Lust (Dazatsu)
Ropes (Chuuatsu)
Voodoo (Dazatsu) Pt. 2
Say You Love Me (Ransushi)
Watch Your Mouth (Ransushi)
Valentines Day (Ransushi)
Voodoo (Dazatsu) ALTERNATE ENDING
No Need To Lie (Sigmaki)
Rendered Speechless (Dazatsuchu)
Make The Touch Go Away (Dazatsu)
Indifferent Because You Want Me To Be (Ranpoe)
An Interesting Turn Of Events (Polydecay+Shibusawa)
The Wedding (Shinsoukoku)
❗️❗️IMPORTANT PLEAse rEAD I BEG.
Forgive Me, Lord (Dazatsu)
Jealousy Is Love (Shibufyo)
Teacher's Pet (ShibuFyo)
Twenty Three (Dazatsu)
Boy Friends (Soukoku)
A Difficult Case (Chuuran)
Designed For You (Soukoku)
24 Hours (Shibufyo)
The Need To Shed Blood (Shibufyo)
Prey and Its Predator (Shibufyo)
A Dragon's Pet (Shibufyo)
Compensation (Soukoku)(Shibufyo)
An Incu- Succubus (Shibufyo)
Look Pretty (Soukoku)
Look Pretty (pt. 2)(Soukoku)
Accidental Expiriment (Shibufyo)
Feel Me (Shibufyo)
Royal Affairs (Shibufyo)
Polar Opposites (Shibufyo)
Cleanliness (Dazatsu)
Ruin Me (Dazatsu)
The Waist Alone Is Ten Grand (Dazatsu + lots of others but primarily dazatsu)
Soft and Warm (Dazatsu)
The God Of Pleasure (Dazatsu)
Its Dark Out (Tsumori)
Seven Minutes In Heaven (Ranatsu)
Request Stuff!
Weasel (Tsumori)
No more updates

Run Away With Me (Shinsoukoku)

1.5K 34 22
By naeguji

Word Count: 3045

-

  "This feels wrong." Tanizaki sighed quietly. He felt a little bad about it. Atsushi didn't seem the type that would spy for the Port Mafia. But at the same time, that could be what makes him such a great spy. Atsushi had been having lots of random times he leaves early or arrives late or, sometimes, doesn't show up at all. Not that it happens a lot, but every time it does it's always random and without stating so. He always apologizes and offers to do much more work for the days he isn't there.. he seems so sincere when he apologizes.

  But unfortunately, Atsushi was now under suspicion. He himself didn't know that, of course. But Tanizaki was now on a mission to basically spy on him. He felt bad, but if he really wasn't doing anything wrong, it didn't hurt to double check. Atsushi was still at his place, and so Tanizaki hid in a bush outside of it to spy. If Atsushi left, he'd follow him. But instead of leaving, someone else went to his place. Tanizaki kept completely silent as, who he remembered as Akutagawa, walked up the stairs to the door of Atsushi's apartment. Is he going to attack..? Or could Atsushi truly be a spy, and is going to tell him information..? Tanizaki watched as Akutagawa didn't knock, but took out a key and unlocked the door, walking in and closing it behind him.

  What the.. Spy or not, Akutagawa having a key to Atsushi's apartment was very odd. Did Atsushi give him a key..? Or is he breaking in with a key he stole? What is going on..? Tanizaki huffed, unable to deduce anything from the sight alone. For about eight hours Tanizaki stood there and did nothing but watch. He caught glimpses of the two through the windows once and a while, but as Akutagawa left, Tanizaki found that he didn't seem injured and that he'd achieved absolutely nothing from this stake out. About ten minutes after Akutagawa left, to make sure he wouldn't see Tanizaki when he stood, he stood up and sighed. He dusted leaves and dirt off of his clothes and returned to the Agency.

  Everyone, every agency member besides Atsushi knew about this. Tanizaki was looked at expectantly as he walked into the Agency. "..well.." he scratched the back of his head "..Akutagawa went to Atsushi's house, then left after eight hours. I didn't hear- fighting or anything.. and neither came out harmed." He wished he knew the situation exactly, because it sounded very bad. But it was the truth.

  "I see." Kunikida murmured, and wrote it down. More and more was pointing at Atsushi being a spy. Dazai simply rested his head in his hand, frustrated. And Ranpo had refused to deduce the situation. Either that, or he had already deduced the situation and refused to tell them what was going on. Regardless, Atsushi was acting very suspicious. And this harmless eight hour long meetup with a mafioso that he seemed to hate only made him more suspicious. "Write a report on it.. then we're done for the day." Kunikida sighed.

  Tanizaki nodded, and did so.

  -

  "Stay late?" Kunikida looked down at Atsushi and crossed his arms. He'd been much more strict with him than he had been before he was suspected. Atsushi could sense something much different regarding the Agency. He just didn't know what. Everyone else was getting ready to leave. Atsushi offered a nervous smile, which wasn't unusual for Atsushi. But Kunikida unfortunately have to wonder if such a nervous personality was an act.

  "I have.. a lot of reports to do." He murmured. "I didn't get anything done yesterday so I'm getting two things done at once. It's- I'm gonna have to stay late for that." Atsushi explained. It was a logical explanation, unfortunately. Kunikida holds onto an idea.

  He pushed up his glasses. "Very well." Atsushi isn't questioned any further and everyone except him leaves. Though once outside of the office, Kunikida leans against the wall next to the door. Everyone stops to look back at him.

  "What're you doing?" Tanizaki asked curiously.

  "Getting to the bottom of this. We'll be able to hear them from here." Kunikida explained quietly. Dazai simply nodded, which Kunikida thinks is the first time he's ever not nagged and actually agreed with him on something. He leans against the wall beside Kunikida. Both Yosano and Ranpo decide to stay as well, and sit on the floor on the other wall , on the other side of the door. Kenji and Tanizaki do the same. There's ten minutes of silence before they could hear a window open.

  They can hear movement, but see nothing due to where they were. Which was fine.

  Atsushi smiled as Akutagawa climbed through the agency window. "I missed you." Atsushi says, and wrapped his arms around him tightly. Akutagawa quickly pulls him into a very loving kiss, running his hand through Atsushi's hair. Soft noises leave Atsushi's lips as his breath is taken away and he's sat up on a desk, Akutagawa in between his legs that are now wrapped around his waist. Akutagawa eventually pulls away. "I love you so much.." Atsushi murmured, leaning his head against his chest. "Why do you hardly have so many days off? I barely get to see you."

  Akutagawa let's out a soft chuckle and kissed the top of Atsushi's head. "I apologize.. if I could change my work schedule to see you more often, I would. You know that." His voice is so very gentle and loving.

  "..your schedule would be more like mine.. we could see each other more if you joined the Agency." It wasn't Atsushi's first pathetic attempt at getting Akutagawa to join the agency.

  Akutagawa sighed. "You know I can't. Just like you wouldn't be able to join the Mafia. We unfortunately work for very different organizations and lead very different lives.. I doubt there will ever be a time where we live as normal couples do. It's not as though we can run off and do so." He's truly saddened. Akutagawa loves Atsushi deeply, as does Atsushi to Akutagawa.

  "Why can't we?" Atsushi lifted his head.

  Akutagawa blinked a few times and looked into Atsushi's eyes. He's serious. Atsushi speaks again. "Why can't we run off? We could run away to another country.. and live a normal life with each other."

  "..the nature of my organization wouldn't allow me, Sushi." Akutagawa kissed his forehead, frowning. He loves the idea, but he's not so sure it's the smartest idea. "I would be seen as a traitor to the Port Mafia. I'd be hunted down and killed." 

  "Surely there's only so far they could go. Let's move to the other side of the world. Let's move to America. You're strong, too. I doubt whoever they send after you could actually get you. We could disguise ourselves. Change our names and - and everything. Please, Akutagawa. I want to be with you." Atsushi murmured sadly, and leans his forehead against his chest. "...We haven't even gotten a chance to get married.. and you proposed very long ago.."

  Akutagawa considers his words and sighs at his last ones. "I know... I don't regret us getting engaged when we did. I do regret us not being able to get married. I.. America, you say?" He bit his lip.

  Akutagawa sighed softly. He knows it's an impulsive decision.. but he decides to prioritize his own feelings and his lover. He takes a few steps back. "Meet me at the train station at four.. I'll take every ounce of money I can from my bank account.. we'll run. Run far away.. we can create whatever life you want, so long as we're together."

  Atsushi smiled warmly and stands up. "..alright. I'll see you then. I love you."

  "I love you too." Akutagawa starts to climb out the window. "Bye."

  "Bye."

  Atsushi puts his arms around himself once Akutagawa is gone. "Mmm.." he stumbles to his desk to quickly pack every personal item he has there. He sort of wished he could let the other Agency members know, and say goodbye to them. But he figured it's best this way, without anyone knowing. Oh, little does he know..

  Kunikida knows Atsushi will be walking out soon, so he rushes off to Yosano's lab and everyone follows. He closed the door quietly and locked it. They're mostly all speechless, except for Dazai, who's giggling his head off. "I just knew those two hit it off when they first met~" He cut his leg off, but sure. "Aaa, this is such a sweet tale~"

  "And he wasn't spying..." Kunikida mumbled. "They made that clear when he tried to get Akutagawa to join the agency, and in return Akutagawa told him to join the mafia. Which wouldn't have been said if Atsushi was already in the mafia.."

  Ranpo shoves his hands in his pockets. "This is why I always tell you guys to mind your own business."

  "Ranpo.. you knew about them?" Yosano blinked.

  "Uhuh." Ranpo crossed his arms. "They weren't spying.. or doing anything harmful. They're just in love. I don't understand it very well but I know they wanna be left alone and it's harmless to do so. But instead you guys were soooooo nosy."

  "Ranpo, we thought he was spying."

  "But in reality, we were the ones spying, weren't we?"

  They all fall silent at that. "I mean.. can we really let him leave?" Tanizaki piped up. "He said it himself, the Mafia will be after Akutagawa. That'll put Atsushi in harms way.."

  "I don't think that'll be a problem." Dazai is so very smiles and sunshine about this all. "And they're engaged. How sweet."

  "I don't understand that at all. I mean- Akutagawa always tried to kill Atsushi.. why would they be engaged? And in love?" Kunikida mumbled.

  "Maybe after the first time it was apart of an act." Dazai smiled.

  "Well, I'm happy for Atsushi." Kenji smiled. "I've never been to America. I hope he has fun there..! It's not like the Guild is there anymore.. not only are they in Japan, but they're disbanded. So they'd be totally safe there, no one targeting them..."

  They all think about that as well.

  "Well, I'm going home." Dazai announced and left the room. Right as he did he bumped into Atsushi.

  "D-Dazai?!" Atsushi blinked, panicking. Did he hear..? Did he see..? "What're you doing here?!"

  Dazai is such a good actor. "Oh.. well, you see, I tried this very affective method of suicide in Yosano's office!" He chimed. "I thought I had finally done it..." his voice turns bland and annoyed. "And then I wake up. My day has been totally ruined."

  Atsushi blinked and relaxed. So he was just there and out for a long time because he tried to kill himself. He barely got up. He sighed in relief. "I see."

  "Don't do that—" Ranpo frowned as Kunikida goes to open Yosano's door.  Revealing everyone inside of the room. Atsushi stared at all of them, and at once his heart speeds up. Oh my God.. they were all here the whole time.. they all.. they all know...

  Atsushi's terrified. It's not as though they've openly spoken against dating Mafiosos. But what if they tried to stop him leaving? Or.. Atsushi doesn't know. He does know that he'd rather be safe than sorry. And so he suddenly runs off. "Atsushi, wait!" Kunikida calls, but Atsushi's not going to listen.

  "Idiot." Ranpo hissed. He's definitely not upset because he also has a relationship he's hiding, and knows how Atsushi must feel. Definitely not.. ha. Haha. Dazai's the exact same way.

  "Atsushi—" Yosano huffed. She knows one thing, and that is that she views him as her very own little brother. And cared for him. And I won't let him run off to think that his only face space, The Agency, detests him now. So she runs after him. Everyone stays behind.

  Atsushi's fast, and runs down the stairs. He doesn't feel like he has to use is tiger ability, and is unaware he's being chased after. Tears formed in his eyes. They know. They all know. They all know I'm in love with Akutagawa, and that we're engaged. They all know I plan to run away. He nearly trips several times, and this helps Yosano catch up. "Atsushi!" He hears her call his name and freaks out. He runs across the street. "Atsushi!" Yosano's voice sounded much more panicked, and it wasn't till Atsushi looked to his left did he see the car that hit him.

  Atsushi's eyes slowly opened, and his head hurt. "Huh..." he frowned, sitting up. What .. happened? Yosano's sitting beside him. The car and driver are nowhere to be seen. "Dr. Yosano..." he murmured, and slowly recalls everything that's happened. He panics and stands up quickly.

  "Relax, Atsushi." Yosano stands and puts a hand on his shoulder. "I didn't chase after you to stop you.. You got hit by a car. And it was a hit and run, so the bastard drove away. I healed you." Yosano sighed. Atsushi looked away, nervously. "Atsushi. I came after you because I know what you're thinking. And I want you to know that I'm fully supportive of you leaving."

"Why don't you call it what it really is?" Atsushi grumbled.

  "I'm fully supportive of you running away so that you can live with your lover." Yosano stated. "There's no shame in that. None of us are against it... we were mostly just surprised. I'm sorry we eavesdropped.. we though you were a spy for the Mafia."

  "W-what? Really?" Atsushi blinked. "Wow.. I was really just trying to hide my relationship. I guess I was too obvious." He murmured.

  "Atsushi, just know, no matter where you are, you can always come to us for anything." Yosano stated, and then Atsushi senses evil. "And if I'm not invited to your wedding I'm gonna tear our your spleen."

  Atsushi can't help but laugh a little. Yosano's confused- that's much different than he normally reacts to her overly and unnecessarily morbid words. And then he hugs her tightly, laughing happily but also crying. Yosano simply hugs him back. "I didn't know I had the right to love anyone." Atsushi admitted. "I thought it was so wrong. I don't know why. I just.."

  Yosano understands now, and the phrase makes her sad. I didn't know I had the right to love anyone. "You have any and all right." Yosano assured him, and pulled away from the hug with a caring smile. She ruffled his hair. "Now, go pack your things. You've a lot to do, you leave at four in the morning. Best of luck to you, Atsushi. Truly. I mean it."

  "Thank you, Yosano." Atsushi smiled weakly before running off, happy this time, to his place. He packs up everything he has by around three am. He's not tired in the slightest. He's given the food in his fridge to his neighbors so they didn't go to waste. He did wake them up, which he felt bad, but they didn't mind too much when offered free food. Atsushi stood at the door to his house, looking over the place. The place the agency had given to him. He's left his uniform behind; They got that for him too, and it's technically there's. Before he joined, Dazai had told him that if he didn't join the agency, that he wouldn't get his house or his phone or his clothes anymore. None of that.

  So he leaves all of that behind. Atsushi begins his walk to the train station. His heart swells imagining the peaceful future he and Akutagawa may have. He knows the first few weeks they'll have to be busy; Staying at a hotel, finding a place to live. Depending on the amount of money they both have combined, they may still have to get jobs. They'd have to arrange their marriage too.. but all of that would be worth it, to come home into Akutagawa's arms and fall asleep beside him. He desperately wanted that.

  Atsushi showed up to the train station, and sees Akutagawa just about to walk into said station. "Aku!" Atsushi smiled and runs over to him, taking his hand

  Akutagawa smiled and gives his hand a squeeze. "Perfect timing." He held his own bag. Holding each other's hands, they scan their tickets to get into the train station and walk to which train they were taking. One to the airport. However, they find once they're on that level, that— there are people waiting for them. And they don't look upset.. or like they have malicious intentions at all.

  The entire agency is there. As well as Chuuya, Gin and Tachihara. Both Atsushi and Akutagawa are very surprised. They're all chattering excitedly amongst themselves. The two slowly approach them, and they're tackled with hugs and very kind words. Atsushi can't help but have happy tears, and Akutagawa simply looked down at the floor as both were given goodbyes. Even though they ran off, they knew they'd always want to say goodbyes. Everyone's hugged, and gosh they almost miss their train because everyone's saying goodbye so much. Once on, they wave by through the window all of the way until they can't see them anymore.

  Atsushi cries happy tears, clinging to Akutagawa. This was sort of a dream come true. He still had friends here. He was very happy about that. But he also gets to live a precious life with someone more precious to him.

  Atsushi lays his head on Akutagawa's shoulde. It's late, and he's tired. Almost 4:30 am, now. "Mm.." Atsushi yawned, wiping his eyes. "I love you.. I love you so much." He murmured quietly. Akutagawa wrapped an arm around him.

  "I love you too.. very much. Get some rest. I'll wake you up once we're there." Akutagawa said. Atsushi gave a meek nod. He supposed Akutagawa and him could both sleep on the plane as well. He lets himself close his eyes, and slowly falls asleep.

  Atsushi doesn't regret how he decided to leave. Akutagawa doesn't either. They have each other. And that's what matters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 1.1K 15
* ༄ ೃ °•⁀➷ ❝𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙞𝙨 𝙛𝙪𝙡𝙡 𝙤𝙛 𝙤𝙗𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨, 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙣𝙤𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮 𝙗𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙚�...
56.3K 2K 17
𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐭 𝐠𝐮𝐲, 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐦... 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐟�...
345K 19.9K 67
You are transported into Bungou Stray Dogs and take Chuuyas place in the Universe. STARTED: July 7th, 2022 ENDED: September 20th, 2022
288K 13.9K 34
in which you get transported to the bungou stray dogs universe.