Future Dynasty

By RebelsDarkness

My name is Layla Kennedy and I'm the daughter of the famous Lyra Anderson and infamous Riker Kennedy. My life... More

Note!!
Prologue
Lecture One
Lecture Two
Lecture Three
Lecture Four
Lecture Five
Lecture Six
Lecture Seven
Lecture Eight
Lecture Nine
Lecture Ten
Lecture Eleven
Lecture Twelve
Lecture Thirteen
Lecture Fourteen
Lecture Fifteen
Lecture Sixteen
Lecture Seventeen
Lecture Eighteen
Lecture Nineteen
Lecture Twenty
Lecture Twenty-One
Lecture Twenty - Two
Lecture Twenty-Three
Lecture Twenty-Four
Lecture Twenty-Five
Lecture Twenty-Six
Lecture Twenty-Seven
Lecture Twenty-Eight
Lecture Twenty-Nine
Lecture Thirty
Lecture Thirty-One
Lecture Thirty-Two
Lecture Thirty-Three
Lecture Thirty-Four
THANK YOU!!!

Epilogue

1.8K 74 17
By RebelsDarkness

(Reagan's POV)

Blood.

It was everywhere.

The rain did nothing to help the situation as it stained the ground red. The fallen water creating a red river that would have never happened of I hadn't gotten that call.

A call that my brain had told me to ignore, to let the call pass. Once again though, Daniella Martinez had a way off getting under my skin that could never be explained.

Two words that had me dropping everything. There was no explanation to anyone as I stormed out of Anarchy without a word.

'Help me.'

That's all she had to say to make me drop everything I stood for. If anyone knew about such a weakness I know I would never hear the end of it.

Mom knew all about it, she had even scolded me for trying to keep Daniella at a distance. Most parents in a family like ours would be threatening me to stay away but no my mom was telling me we could work something out but it wasn't a risk I wanted to take.

Yet here I was, running to the very thing I've spent the last five years trying to avoid.

The rain had soaked right through my clothes and I could feel it in my bones but it did nothing to sooth my temper.

A temper I had inherited from my dad. I might have been blessed without my moms calmness but that didn't mean I didn't have that temper that ran so strong through my dads veins.

Having both these traits was born a blessing and a curse.

There was something even more piercing than the rain. I could feel every movement of her eyes on me, with every movement I made I could feel her relax slightly more.

She knew she was safe around me and that was the very opposite of what I wanted. I needed her to fear me, to never rely on me. Yet, here I was proving the very opposite of that over and over again.

Clicking the safety back on my gun I walked away from the three bodies left lying in the alleyway. All three of them had been breathing just moments ago, but I was quick to take that privilege away from them when I seen the situation.

No one laid a hand on her and breathed there next breath. Not so long as I knew about it.

Opening my car door I shrugged off my suit jacket before getting in, throwing it in behind me. Silence engulfed the car between me and Daniella as the rain hammered down on my car.

It took everything in me not to look at her, for fear that I would see the damage done to her. For the fear of what I would do next if I seen that damage.

Instead my eyes focused on that alleyway where I had left those bodies. Bodies that were going to raise questions unless I got my men out to sort it out now.

With that thought I sent a quick message to River to let him that there was a mess that needed cleaned up and where.

Just as I sent the message Daniella had broken the silence.

"Thank you." The tone of the voice didn't sound like her but there was no one else it could be. She sounded tired, defeated and it took everything in my not to throw my fist into the window beside me. All I could do to hold back that feeling was roll up the sleeves on my shirt.

Being ruled by a temper was my sister Layla's thing, not mine.

The only thing that kept running through my mind though, was that those men had made her feel like this.

"Was it just the three of them?" I still didn't look at her as I started up the car. I needed to know if there was more of them before I tore this City apart looking for answers.

My whole body froze when her hand rested on my forearm. Her touch did things to me that I wished my body had long forgotten about but there was no way that was ever going to happen. Daniella was like a drug that I could never get rid of and the only way I was ever going to stop myself from becoming an addicted again was to stay the hell away from her.

"I'm fine, Reagan." There was something in the tone of her voice that made me snap my gaze to hers and I regretted it the second I had. "I promise."

Her wide brown eyes had me trapped the second I had made the mistake of looking at her. They looked tired but there was a spark in them that never seemed to die.

She had me trapped and she knew it.

Daniella knew the power she held over me even if she never admitted herself.

My fist tightened on the steering wheel when my eyes took in everything else. There was a large gash along her jaw that had been dripping blood down her neck, staining her clothes. It was obvious it was going to bruise, even under nothing more than the street lights I could tell that. Her lip was also busted.

If I was to guess someone had thrown a punch with rings on there fingers dealing an even deadlier blow.

Snapping my eyes away, I knew I had to look else where before I did something that the both of us were going to regret.

But it was too late.

My blood was already boiling.

"Who did they work for?"

The sound of the rain was almost deafening inside the car but I knew she had heard me loud and clear.

Silence had fallen between us as she seemed to weigh up her options but there was no options. She was going to tell me or I was going to find out on my own.

Either way it was going to be the same outcome when I found out.

"Reagan, just drop it." There was a warning in her tone that she knew she could only get away with when it came to me but I wasn't playing games. "It's done now."

Moving so quickly I didn't even give her a chance to escape me as I reached over and pulled her closer to me by the back of the neck. The strains of her brown hair that had fallen out of her ponytail were now wrapped around my fingers. Her eyes had grown wide at my actions but she didn't fight back as our faces were only mere inches apart.

"I said, who did they work for."

Danny's breath hitched when my hand tightened a bit more and it took everything in me to not close that distance between us. My eyes traced every outline of her features from her eyes all the way down to her lips. I watched carefully as she pulled her button lip in between her teeth.

Without thinking I brought up my other hand, using my thumb to trace over her lips making her release her grip on it.

Slowly my eyes traced her features all the way back up to her deep brown eyes. They were wide as they looked into my own lightening blue ones.

Everything in my body was screaming in me to close that distance but I couldn't do that.

I couldn't do that to her again.

I couldn't do that to myself again.

"Felix Garcia."

The name was a whisper between her lips but I had caught it all the same.

Felix was nothing more than a small time drug dealer who thought he was a bigger deal than what he was. He always kept well away from me and my family but he clearly didn't get the memo that there was other ways to piss off a future King.

One of them was by going after the very woman who has a history with the son of the infamous Kennedy family.

"Ok." I said releasing my hold on her like something had just clicked. I needed to but the distance back between us and I got what I wanted to know.

"Ok?" Danny seemed to stunned to say anything else but this was Danny we were talking about, she quickly got her wits back together. "What the fuck are you going to do Reagan?"

"None of your business." I remarked as I turned my car on and listened to it roar to life.

Another car pulled up in front of from the other side of the alleyway and I recognised it straight away. River's car had just pulled it up, it was clearly too wet for him to drive his bike.

River looked around at the damage that I had just caused and I could see the amusement in his eyes. He looked over at my car and his eyes landed on the passenger seat at Danny before snapping over to me with a knowing look. Shaking his heading he started to bark orders at the others as the rain lashed down on them.

Quickly they started to get rid of the evidence.

"Is that River? As in Zane Knight's son?" Danny leaned forward in her seat looking surprised at the sight of him. "I seen him from a distance a few times but I never realised how much he's grown up. There's rumours going on about that he's getting ready to take over from his dad."

An awkward silence feel between me and Danny, almost like she had just realised what she had said and front of who.

We definitely lived on the opposite side of the law.

"Can't expect me to tell you the truth on that." I remarked trying to make light work of the situation. Putting my car in reverse I threw my hand over the back of Danny's seat as I pulled out off the alleyway.

There was a long moment of silence before she finally spoke. "You know I don't tell them anything you tell me, Reagan."

Oh I know, because if she did we'd probably be all arrested by now.

Between the ages of fourteen and sixteen me, Nick and Danny were inseparable. I told them things that I never stood had told them. Back then I didn't fully understand what our family stood for and when I did I realised how much of it I could have destroyed if either of them said a word.

It was even worse when I found out who Danny's family were and what she was apart off.

"I know." It was probably something I shouldn't rely on but it was the truth.

With everything between us I knew she would never tell them anything that was said between the two of us. She had proven that over and over again.

It was probably why my mom loved her so much.

Sticking to the alleyways I cut through the City avoiding the cameras that I knew where so well placed around the City. I could see the confusion on Danny's face when she realised what I was doing.

"Why aren't you driving down the main roads?"

"I figured it's not good for either of us if we get spotted by someone on the cameras." I gave her a pointed look. "More so your career to be spotted with the likes off me."

She looked shocked that I even cared about that at all but that was the problem with the two of us.

I cared to damn much about her.

I could see her physically swallowing her words down. She was trying to be the bigger person by not bringing up a past that we should have long since let go off.

"Where are we going?" She asked instead turning to look out the window and turning away from me.

"I'm bringing you home and then I'm going to deal with something."

"Reagan, you can't go after him." There was panic in her voice as she turned to look at me. It was like she had just now realised what she had done by telling me his name.

"I believe I can do what I want." I gave her a pointed look. "Or did you forget who I am?"

"Oh trust me, I know who you are." She gritted out between her teeth making me smirk at her annoyance which only seemed to annoy her more. "You know, someday someone bigger is going to come along and take that crown from your head."

Scoffing I turned to look out the road once more. "I'm not that worried about the low life's out there, who want a piece of the life I have. The only person that can take my crown is my own sister and she's not even in the country."

Danny frowned as she looked at me carefully. "Layla?"

Letting out a deep chuckle I looked at her from the corner of my eye. "Oh, is this information that the little F.B.I don't know about?"

"Where's your sister?" It was genuine curiosity as she looked at me.

"Italy." I said not even bothering to lie. She wouldn't tell anyone and even if she did there was no way anyone would believe her. "Dealing with something."

"Is this something to do with Luca Giudice I arrested a year ago thanks to her?"

"Maybe." I said shrugging. "Let's just say the Layla you dealt with a year ago isn't the same Layla that's in charge over there now."

"In charge??" Remarked Danny almost jumping out of her seat. "You can't be serious, she's only eighteen."

"I was sixteen when dad put me in charge of shit here." Finally I pulled down the street that I knew Danny lived on. "Obviously my parents have the likes off Zane and Damon checking up on her but from what I hear, they're impressed, very impressed."

"So impressed it seems, that you think she's a threat to you." Danny asked carefully, almost like she didn't know if she was saying the wrong thing.

Sighing I pulled up my car in front of Danny's home. For a second she looked surprised that she was here at all seeing as she didn't give me directions once.

"How did you-"

"My sister isn't a threat to me." I commented cutting her off. "My families legacy isn't something that me and my siblings will be fighting over and I'll be making sure of it. We all have our strengths and weakness and if Layla being in charge is what's best, then so be it. As for knowing where you live, it's my mom that knew those details. She's been keeping an eye on you since we were fourteen. She told me on the sly one day when you moved here."

"Your mom knows where I live?" Remarked Danny but then she seemed to catch herself not seeming to be as surprised as she first sounded. "Of course she does, your mom knows everything."

"Now that's probably something we can both agree on."

Danny looked at her house and then back at me. The atmosphere became charged once more and I knew the silent question she was asking me but I wasn't buying it.

I knew Danny to well to know what she was doing right now.

Asking about my sister and pulling the conversation away from the real issue at hand.

She was trying to distract me.

"Off you go." I grinned pointing at the house through the window and in return I got a glare pointed my way.

"Off you go? What do I look like to you?"

Leaning forward I cupped her jaw in my hand careful to avoid the gash resting there.

"You don't want me to answer that."

She looked like something I would be spending the rest of my life searching for but I know it will never happen again.

Swatting my hand away I let her push me back with a chuckle escaping my throat as I looked over at her. I could see the red blush on her cheeks and I couldn't help but throw my head back on the head rest and grin at her.

"Good to know I still have an effect on you."

"Fuck off Kennedy." She remarked opening the car door wanting to run away from as quickly as possible. Just as she was about to get out she paused looking at me once more. "Promise me you won't go after Felix."

"I'm not making you a promise I can't keep." My response was instant. "But nice shot trying to distract me."

I never made promises I couldn't keep.

Sighing she got out of the car and I watched her carefully as she walked up to her front porch. As she pointed the front door she flipped me off as she walking in through those doors that I was so tempted to follow through.

Danny definitely hasn't changed at all.

Pulling out of her drive way I called River, he picked up on the third ring.

"You know you couldn't have left a bigger mess if you tried." I was waiting for that one but I wasn't really thinking clearly when it had happened.

"Isn't it your job to clean up my messes?" That was a lie of course. He was here to support me while his older brother Elijah was away supporting Layla.

Mom thought it would be best to balance the experience between us four and she was right of course.

River and Layla were becoming key players in this game we called life.

"It was related to Danny wasn't it? You're not normally that sloppy."

"How's Layla?" I asked knowing it was the quickest way to get him off my back about it.

A dick move I know but I wasn't in the mood to talk about her with the others.

"Touchy."

As far as I know River and Layla haven't spoken one word to each other since she left. Something had went down between the two of them before my sister had gotten on that flight.

What ever had happened changed the both of them and I don't know if it was for the better or worse.

Fuck knows how long my sister will be gone for before they ever cross paths again anyway.

What I did know was that when my baby sister did reappear this world of ours was going to be completely different.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 3.7K 37
My name is Brooklyn Robert. I'm 17, head cheerleader since my freshman year, I have fair grades and people always compliment me on my looks even thou...
156K 5.2K 58
Ashton Black, He's gorgeous,handsome,smart.Greek god is the name that suit him.He's powerful and talented.He earned the title 'the richest billionair...
431K 12.5K 37
Cover by oliviamazereeuw <3 "You hired Hunter Stevens! HUNTER STEVENS!" I looked at him again, he really hadn't changed looks ways, his dirty blonde...
Chaos High By Nat

Teen Fiction

235K 8.4K 51
Lyra Anderson had spend the last three years focusing solely on getting what she wanted. Now she was starting to make that mark on the world that she...