Citrus+

By Gobukiii

Jeongyeon and Nayeon have been dating for a month. Their life goes on as it is; going to school, hanging out... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Citrus-
New book
Hi

Chapter 18-

282 12 0
By Gobukiii

"These are your photos, sunbae." Jihyo said as she handed an envelope to Sejeong. Jihyo went at her sunbae's house because Sejeong asked the student council for print outs of her photos from the yearbook for keeps. Jihyo was the only one available in the student council, so she accepted to deliver it to Sejeong. She brought her dog because, why not?

"Thank you, Jihyo-ya! Sorry for making you do this and come all the way here." Sejeong said as she picked up Jihyo's dog and cooed it.

"Please don't worry about it, sunbae. I also feel like I have to walk my dog, Pucchi." Jihyo giggled when Pucchi licked Sejeong's face, making the older girl grimace.

The mood became serious when Sejeong handed the dog back and looked at Jihyo. "After the trip, did Yoo Jeongyeon change?" The older girl asked.

"I only met her once after the trip, and we didn't even talk since Kim Dahyun always glares at me and her so I have to lower my head and stay silent. That's why I didn't notice any changes" Jihyo sighed and looked down.

"I see." Sejeong wiped her face with her handkerchief. "May I ask what is the progress of Yoo Jeongyeon's engagement?"

"There was an issue with the person she was engaged with in the past. I think you know about this because it involves Nayeon unnie. She went up the stage and called him for abusing a student. She didn't name who was it but I'm telling you that it's Jeongyeon. She was engaged with Nayeon unnie's homeroom teacher last school year, Mr. Park Jimin. After that issue, their engagement was called off and he resigned from work."

"Oh! I remember now. It was during the flag ceremony, right? Nayeon snatched the microphone from Myoi Mina and exposed him."

"Yeah. But I think this time, the chairman had already arranged someone for Jeongie."

"I see. So that means, Yoo Jeongyeon's engagement will still happen, even though she doesn't know who her future partner is."

Jihyo felt sad. She didn't want that to happen. Especially when she's in a romantic relationship with Nayeon. Both of them will get hurt once Jeongyeon agrees on her grandfather's arrangement. Jihyo couldn't hold back her tears and finally let them flow.

"S-she's been carrying all the burden by h-herself all this t-time while performing her duties within the a-academy. A-and... she's under so much stress right now, adding her engagement with a stranger... I... I-I don't know what should I... do for Jeongie to help her..." Jihyo continued to sob while hugging Pucchi.

Sejeong sighed. She felt Jihyo's frustration and sadness since they're going through similar situations. She grabbed Jihyo's head and placed it on her chest while gently caressing her head.

"I think Yoo Jeongyeon has been saved multiple times because of your efforts, Jihyo-ya. However, a relationship is the responsibility of those in love. In other words, there will be problems that they will have to overcome by themselves. And yes, I'm talking about Nayeon and Jeongyeon. Right now, there's only one thing we could do for them." She paused and looked up the sky while Jihyo waited for her to continue, still silently crying. "And that is to believe in the path that they chose to walk on together. Even if it takes many years, if they're really for each other, destiny will always find a way."

~~~~

"Omo! You're extremely gorgeous, young lady! Just as I imagined!" The woman, who introduced herself as the daughter of the old lady earlier, squealed. She was the one who dressed Jeongyeon while the old woman dressed Nayeon in a different dressing room. "Oh, I almost forgot, the photography service and your photos are free of charge!" She added as she fixed Jeongyeon's hair.

Jeongyeon wore an off-shoulder wedding dress with long white translucent gloves that reached her elbow. Her hair was tied up in a low bun with white flower headdress on the left side of her hair. The woman was right, she is indeed very gorgeous.

"Thank you." Jeongyeon quietly said and subtly smiled.

"Granny, the heels are so tall! Eh... can you really walk down the stairs with these? It's really... tall." Nayeon's voice was heard from the other room. Since Jeongyeon finished getting dressed, she was now standing at the studio while holding her bouquet of flowers.

"Don't worry young lady, there's no stairs here. You're friend seems to be ready for the photoshoot, too. I'll prepare the camera and be right back." The woman giggled and excused herself and walked away, leaving Jeongyeon, who's facing the background.

Friend...

"Jeongyeon-ah." Nayeon called. Slowly, the said girl turned around and what she saw left her in awe. Nayeon was wearing a strapless wedding dress that emphasized her neck and collar bone. She had a flower necklace and her hair was tied up in half with a big white ribbon. "What do you think?" She asked.

Jeongyeon was speechless. Indeed, when she saw Nayeon, her heart bounced crazily because of how gorgeous Nayeon looked right now. But at the same time, it hurts because she thought about the future when she marries Jin with a beautiful wedding dress while Nayeon is in the crowd, hurting at what she is witnessing. It pained her just by thinking that she wouldn't be able to see Nayeon waiting for her in the altar wearing a beautiful wedding dress while wiping her tears because of happiness.

Jeongyeon looked away and closed her eyes as she clenched her fist on her chest. Nayeon approached her and smiled.

"Speechless, huh? Did I make your heart race? I already know I'm beautiful." She teased and chuckled before grabbing Jeongyeon's hand from her chest and squeezed it.

Jeongyeon playfully scoffed but gave the older girl a soft glance when she heard what she said.

"But I think you're the most beautiful in that dress, Jeongyeon-ah. You're very beautiful, no, gorgeous right now." 

Jeongyeon turned to her and blushed. She wanted to cry because of the different emotions she's feeling right now, but she didn't want to because Nayeon is here. She didn't want Nayeon or anyone, including their friends, see her breaking down.

"Oh, Miss! Granny said you forgot an accessory so please come back in the dressing room." The woman called and Nayeon turned to her.

"Eh, really? I'm coming!" Nayeon held her skirt up and slowly ran to the room, but stopped and turned to Jeongyeon. "Jeongyeon-ah." She called. Jeongyeon clenched her fists on her chest again. "When we do it for real, it would be great if we had matching outfits." Nayeon smiled and made her way back to the dressing room. "Just kidding!" She added before going in.

Jeongyeon felt another pang in her chest. She couldn't take it anymore, so she took off her gloves and ran inside the other dressing room where she got dressed. There, she sat down on the floor and broke down quietly. She thought that when the time comes where she will leave, what will happen to Nayeon? She hid her sobs and continued to wipe her tears until the woman called her. She immediately stood up and asked the woman to retouch her makeup.

Fortunately, the woman didn't bother asking why she cried and immediately gave her tissues to wipe her tears. Luckily, her makeup looked natural, so it was easy to retouch. But you can still see in her eyes that she cried. It took them a moment until her eyes didn't look sore anymore before proceeding to the shoot.

Jeongyeon entered the studio and saw Nayeon holding her bouquet as she talked to the old woman while laughing. When she noticed Jeongyeon came back, she handed her her gloves and smiled. Jeongyeon wore her gloves in front of Nayeon and continued the photoshoot as if nothing happened.

Jeongyeon wanted to cherish this moment where she could see Nayeon wearing that dress for the first and for the last time.

~~~~

3 years later.

Nayeon is on her second year in college. She took BS in Fashion and Apparel Designing since she wanted to become a fashion designer one day. She studied hard in her last year of high school and passed a slot in SNU, taking up her course.

Momo and Sana, on the other hand, went to Hanlim University together and took Bachelor of Performing Arts.

Mina and Jihyo is in their first year in college. Mina went to SNU College of Medicine and took Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery while Jihyo also went to SNU and took BS in Business Management.

Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu were on their third year in high school and were still studying at Yoo Academy.

Jeongyeon was on her first year in college. She went to Yonsei University and took BS in Business Management.

Many things had happened in the past three years. They continued to meet up with each other at the academy if they have time (mostly the three Japanese since their girlfriends were there). The eight of them would always update each other. Yes, the eight of them.

The day after their date, Jeongyeon moved out from their apartment and went back to her grandfather's mansion without letting the older girl know. And the worst part is that, she only left a letter to Nayeon.

~~~~

"Alright." Nayeon stood up in front of the mirror to check herself out. She recently dyed her hair blonde, a part of her moving on process as she described (but she didn't even plan to move on). She was wearing her uniform in college and was putting on light makeup.

She didn't really change. She still has dyed hair, still wears makeup, still wears different hairstyles. But what changed is her eyes and smiles. It always has a hint of sadness ever since Jeongyeon left. It made her world crumble because the letter Jeongyeon left on her desk.

And so as her friends. They all went on their lives. Momo and Dahyun finally became official after Momo graduated in high school. Sana and Tzuyu stayed strong with their four years of relationship. Mina and Chaeyoung became official during Mina's last year in high school. Jihyo and Sejeong grew more closer than they are since they're almost always together because of family gatherings.

Sejeong already married her fiancé, but she will divorce him after she graduates. Jihyo, on the other hand, begged her parents to call off her engagement because she said she wanted to focus on college and promised to fulfill their wishes after she graduates. Of course it was a lie because Sejeong and her had already expressed their feelings towards each other and planned to run away after Jihyo graduates.

They met new friends along the way, but they will always treasure what the nine of them, plus Sejeong, have. Their bond is special and can't be compared to any new friends they have.

"Good morning, eomma," Nayeon greeted as she went out of her room to the kitchen.

"Good morning, bub! Breakfast is ready." Mrs. Im smiled. She was also saddened by the fact that Jeongyeon didn't tell Nayeon about her engagement. Their mother already knew about it since Mr. Yoo told her. She asked Jeongyeon about that, and sadly, Jeongyeon confirmed it. The latter asked her mother a favor to not tell Nayeon about it. She cried the night Jeongyeon left without Nayeon's knowledge. "Your lunch is also ready. Don't forget to bring it later!"

"Thanks, eomma!" Nayeon started to eat breakfast.

"Ah, before I forget, I'll be home late tonight so don't make dinner for me."

"Okay." Nayeon was contemplating whether to ask her mother about something or not. "... um, eomma." She called.

"Hm? What is it, sweetie?" Mrs. Im asked as she turned to Nayeon.

"Actually..." She paused for a few seconds and shook her head. "Nevermind. It's nothing." Nayeon faked a smile and drank her water.

Mrs. Im smiled sadly as she knew what's bothering her daughter. She knows that Nayeon wants to ask about her stepsister.

Nayeon's expression changed. She glanced at the chair where Seunnie was sitting. Jeongyeon left it behind. Nayeon wanted to get hide it because it always reminds her of Jeongyeon, but she can't because of the same reason. She always wanted to cry whenever she sees it, but always calms herself down before she burst into tears. She haven't seen Jeongyeon for two years, for fuck's sake.

"Gotta go, eomma!" Nayeon said as she wore her shoes and waved at her mother.

"Take care, Nayeon-ah!" Mrs. Im waved from the kitchen and smiled. A sad one. She then glanced at the refrigerator where pictures of their family were sticked. But one of the pictures made her sad. It was the picture of her daughters wearing beautiful wedding dresses, but Jeongyeon's face was faded, more like scratched. Mrs. Im sighed and went to get ready for her work.

~~~~

"Nayeonie~~"  A familiar voice from behind called her as she walked home from the train station.

"Hey girls! It's nice to see you!" Nayeon squealed as she hugged Sana. The whole gang was almost complete. Jihyo and Mina smiled when they saw Nayeon walking ahead of them.

"We're dropping the kids off their dorm near the academy." Jihyo said, referring to the three youngest. "Just come with us, unnie. It's really fine." She assured and pat Nayeon's shoulder.

Yes, they would hang out in the academy, but Nayeon didn't want to join since had a feeling Jeongyeon would be there. She didn't even visit the twins' dorm since it's just beside the academy, although their apartment was a walking distance, she would change her route to go to the train station. She admit, she really missed the academy. But memories of Jeongyeon at the academy always haunts her. So, she's not ready yet. Not when it still hurts.

"Yeah, unnie. It's been a while since you went there with us. You won't see her, we promise." Mina added.

Ugh, why am I so soft for this girl? Nayeon thought and groaned defeatedly. "Fine. Besides, I want to see where my babies live."

"Wow, unnie. You agreed because Mina unnie asked you? Don't tell me—"

"Chou Tzuyu don't you dare!" Chaeyoung warned Tzuyu before she could continue. The rest of them laughed.

"Maybe Tzuyu's right, Chaengie. I'm sorry. Mina, come here~~" Nayeon hugged Mina teasingly and Chaeyoung sulked.

"Unnie!" She pouted and they all laughed.

"I'm just messing with you, Chaengie. Mina's all yours." Nayeon ruffled the younger girl's hair and giggled.

"Let's go?" Momo asked and clung onto Dahyun's arm.

"Okay."

~~~~

They arrived at Chaeyoung and Tzuyu's dorm. Nayeon scanned the room and smiled proudly. She went to the window, but unfortunately for her, it has the best view of the academy grounds.

"Unnie, wanna eat something?" Chaeyoung said from behind.

"It's fine, Chaengie. I'm just admiring the view. It's been a while since I saw the academy, and I think many things had changed."

"That's true, unnie. Jeongyeon unnie managed it well after the chairman died last year."

Nayeon was shocked at what she heard. "W-what do you mean?"

"Chaeyoung-ah." Mina called. She gestured Chaeyoung to the couch where the rest of them were laughing and the latter nodded.

"Mina-ya, w-what happened to gramps?" Nayeon shakily asked. She haven't heard about Jeongyeon's whereabouts for years because she didn't bother asking, that's why she was shocked to hear what Chaeyoung said.

"He died last year because of tuberculosis. Your mother even attended the funeral, unnie. That's why we wondered why you weren't there. Jeongyeon didn't even shed a tear, at least from what she's showing us." Mina sighed. "Jeongyeon took over the academy afterwards while she was on her last year. Jihyo became the student council president while I stayed as the secretary. And... she's set to marry Jin oppa three months from now... to fulfill the chairman's wish."

With all the information she learned, Nayeon felt like passing out. She tried to hold back her tears, but immediately failed when she looked at the window and saw the girl who made her feel what she's feeling right now. Her guts were right when it told her she'd see her again.

Jeongyeon was wearing a black blazer, black pencil skirt, and black heels. She looked very professional as she walked inside the academy. It was the first time after two years that Nayeon saw her again. Her hair was shorter now, resting right below her shoulders, and she looked more mature now.

Nayeon wouldn't have come with them if she knew she would see Jeongyeon again after Mina told her what happened. It wasn't Mina's nor Chaeyoung's fault. She also badly wanted to know what happened to Jeongyeon after all these years, but it still hurts.

Mina looked at the window and instantly regretted what she promised to her earlier. "Oh fuck, unnie, I'm sorry." The rest of them geard it and saw Nayeon crying.

"Nayeon unnie! What happened!?" Dahyun furiously asked as she held Nayeon's hand. She turned her head to the window and saw Jeongyeon walking to the building of the academy. "Fuck!"

They all felt guilty for making Nayeon come with them at the twins' dorm. But it's not their fault either, because if they knew Jeongyeon would be at the academy, they won't ask Nayeon to come with them.

"We're sorry, unnie..." Mina whispered and held Nayeon's other hand. The rest of them looked down, feeling guilty.

"D-don't apologize, please. I-it's not your fault." Nayeon sniffed as she wiped her tears with tissues that Sana gave to her. "B-but... I w-want to go home."

Dahyun immediately pulled her away from the window and rubbed her hand. "Okay, we'll take you home, unnie."

~~~~

When Nayeon got home, she immediately texted them, one by one, an apology for what happened earlier. Fortunately, Mrs. Im would be home late, so she's alone in their apartment for tonight. Her eyes were still puffy from all the crying she did earlier.

Nayeon decided to fix her things in her room to distract herself from what she heard from Mina and Chaeyoung and from what she saw earlier. When she was arranging her paperworks and books, something fell on the floor. A worn-out envelope fell from the crumpled guidebook that she made during her first date with Jeongyeon.

Nayeon wondered what it was before picking it. She sat on the floor and leaned on the edge of the bed as she opened it and instantly regretted doing so. It was the last thing Jeongyeon had left her: the letter. How could she forget about it? She didn't know why, but she read it again after two years.

~~~~

Nayeon unnie,

Do you still remember the first time we slept together as stepsisters? Not only did I refuse to accept you as my stepsister, but I also ended up kissing you.

While waiting for appa to return, I believed that I have to protect the academy for the sake of our family, but you made me realize that, more than anything else, it was for my own sake.

You lived freely and would always talk about love, even though you yourself didn't experience it yet.

I thought we would never understand each other, so I refused to get along with you. Now that I think about it, I was probably envious of you.

You probably couldn't stand looking at an immature person like me, who didn't even realize her own feelings. So you decided to confront my heart, with those genuine eyes of yours.

Thanks to you, I was able to convey my hidden feelings towards appa, and realize the importance of figuring out my own dreams. Inheriting the academy became something I wanted to do of my own will.

But at the same time, I felt something. A new feeling that was your warmth. This feeling that colored my heart. It made me afraid to face my goal.

Once again, I tried to hide my feelings for you that grew. But since I've learnt to appreciate my own feelings, I did not become the me from before we met.

Unknowingly, I ended up running away from you because of my wavering feelings. But even then, with a genuine confession, you chased after me.

Whenever I think about how you kissed me that night in the temple under the lamp post, I felt as though I was allowed to honestly love you.

Even now, I can still feel this feeling of happiness.

And since then, everyday that we spent together, I would always think of ways of how I could best respond to your feelings. Like trying new things with you and learning all sorts of these things to better understand you. In order to find out what you wanted, I even picked up your notebook.

The ring you gave me as a present is my most irreplaceable treasure.

Every minute and every second of my time I spent with you, everything felt so fun and refreshing that I have fallen so hard for you to a point of no return.

However, this was when my heart began to ache. I realized that your love for me would eventually break your heart. My guilt became heavier and more unbearable the more I realize your love and the more I think about you.

Because in the near future, I will marry my fiancé and inherit the academy. I've told eomma about the marriage preparation and asked her not to tell you about it.

This is my final answer that I have chosen, for your sake. For our sake. From now on, I will take a path I have decided for myself. I will also try my best not to associate with you in the academy and as a family.

I will not be able to meet you in person anymore as my resolve will crumble upon seeing you. That's why I have written everything on this note, including all the feelings that I have to convey to you.

Please forgive your weak and selfish sister.

This will be the last. But even if our hearts stay apart, I am still extremely grateful of the fact that we have our bond as sisters.

I will always pray for your happiness, as well as for those who you love.

Thank you, Nayeon unnie.

Goodbye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.3K 1.4K 67
10 years of service in the special forces and countless escapades to the west didn't prepare Jeongyeon for what came next. She never anticipated meet...
19.5K 872 27
Mina, after a heartbreak, started to write a book on this online app for aspiring writers. Getting positive feedback from her readers she was startin...
8.5K 204 10
You are in a very wealthy family but your uncle from Korea asks you to come up to help him with his company and be his assistant. You meet some very...
126K 6.3K 72
❝ Can you sacrifice your love for revenge? ❞ SANA X TZUYU [SATZU] FANFICTION 2021 Date Started: February 3, 2021 COMPLETED!!!! August 30, 2021