[Completed] The connection!

By MusicIsMySolace

An attempt at how a relationship could be nurtured. Perfectly imperfect! A spin off between Kongpob and Arthi... More

Intro!
Intro!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 [Final chapter]
Epilogue
Epilogue 2
A/N - Other works!

Chapter 7

505 39 4
By MusicIsMySolace

Kongpob's POV:

Everything has been going really well - college, studies, hazing and of course with my P'Arthit as well. I couldn't be happier. The decision to stay by his side, silently, was one of the best decisions of my life - with choosing Engineering, obviously, being THE best!

P and I were meeting more frequently - mostly by chance, but sometimes I planned them discreetly. And no matter what, we never missed having dinner together. There were days when Em or Wad called me out for dinner. I tried my best to either avoid it or went by for an early dinner, to come back to P'Arthit on time.

There were days I was late to our dinner. But when I noticed that he started waiting for me, to join him, I was beyond thrilled. I could see so many positive changes in him, and to think that I might be a tiny reason behind those changes, my happiness knew no bounds.

Slowly, our complete silence invited scattered words, which grew on to become a few sentences. But everytime I saw him, smiling or laughing at my words, I just couldn't stop my heart from beating too fast. It was all perfect. He, was perfect! There is no way that I would grow out of this habit, of making him laugh; to satisfy my child-like inner self.

Watching him laugh without restrictions, made my heart jump with joy. I wanted to ask him out, or at least his number, again - but I held myself back, not willing to ruin the beautiful connection we have.

Then, on a beautiful Friday evening, when we were walking back home, from college, before our dinner, I gathered all my courage and asked him, if he could help me with my studies. I did not want him to flip out and go back to his shell, by asking him what I actually wanted. So, I settled with asking him his time, over the weekend.

When I asked him, he gave me a shy smile, and agreed to tutor me. When I was ready to do a happy dance, I noticed a small expectation on his face. Confused, I tried to think of all possible reasons and thought of a possibility, which might be the rarest of all. Is he ready to give me his number? I would be overjoyed if that was true..but if it isn't....I didn't want to think about that outcome.

Torn between asking him and waiting for him, I decided to ask him, after noticing that he hadn't moved an inch, after I asked him to tutor me.

"Are you willing to give me your number now?" I asked, holding my breath.

"Yes.. I have been waiting for you to ask!". This simple response, is the sole reason my heart is going crazy now.

"Oh! I would have asked sooner, if I knew it earlier", I responded, with a pout, genuinely sad, to have missed the opportunity. But, better late than never!!

I quickly pulled out my phone, and gave it to him. He typed in his number, but dint save the contact, as if trying to imply, that I can fill in the blanks! I did not let this go unnoticed, and grabbed this chance of asking him about it.

"What should I save your number as, P? I don't want to save it as just your name!" I asked, bringing about all innocence, in my eyes, as possible.

I knew it was a big deviation from my resolve of not pushing him. But his reactions are making me reconsider them. We have come a long way now, and I am ever so ready, to take it further.

"Why ask me? It's your phone!" he said.

"But what do you want me to save it as, is my question!" I asked him, earnestly.

He turned around, and looked into my eyes - something he doesn't do that often - and just said "I am not gonna tell you!" with a blush. He was as red as a tomato; with a cheeky grin, and a flustered look. I really couldn't believe what was happening. After 2 months 17 days, of our daily dinners, we were finally moving another step - towards what, I couldn't dare dream.

"So, I can save your number however I want, right, P?" I asked, another time, hopeful for some solid answer.

He just turned away and nodded. But I could imagine the look on his face. All that I hoped for and prayed for, is actually happening today! What more could I ask?!?

"Are you going to stand there forever?" he asked, pulling me out of my trance.

"Yes, but only if you are going to stand right by my side" - was the best response I could muster, at that moment.

I never knew I had a flirty side, that just sprung into action, as soon as I saw his blush. Okay, I am getting to know more about myself now! I just hope, he reciprocates at least a part of what I feel, I wished, in my mind. But to my dismay, his actions and reactions were confirming a lot more than 'a part'.

"Ai'Kong!!" He called out!

Wait - what!?? Did he just call me Kong?!? That's certainly something I did not expect. Not many have called me Kong before. And it just felt so right, when he did. I couldn't contain my excitement.

"P! You called me Kong!" I claimed, loudly.

"Why? You don't like it?" He asked....he asked... didn't deny, didn't take it back..but asked if I like it or not. Argh! What's with all this progress in one day!!

"I am all in, for any kind of nick name, P!" I answered truthfully.

"Let's just go", he said, pulling my bag, lightly.

He was extremely shy and sensitive, but did not say no to my flirting attempt. Though I found this encouraging, I will make sure I don't go overboard, in all the excitement.

We started walking towards our dorm, smiling and blushing and in our own world. I realised both of us weren't watching our steps, when our shoulders brushed against one another, slightly. The touch sent a whole new sensation up my spine, and I saw that P'Arthit froze too.

_________________

A/N: Please do leave your comments and vote, if you find this story interesting.

Thank you for reading! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.4K 3K 12
All Arthit wants from Kongpob is love. Is love something Kongpob willing to give his Oon? { Bitter sweet ending. Happy ending only for Arthit. } Cove...
4.6K 288 5
Singto wants to catch his long-time secret crush off guard with a proper, breathtaking kiss. And his best friend Krist is conveniently there to help...
137K 11.6K 39
Arthit is in 2017. Kongpob is in 2020. They live in the same apartment, but in two totally different worlds. Can they find their way back to each o...
2.9K 206 7
SOTUS week 2021 on twitter 7 days 7 stories 1 couple endless chaos. Prompts: Day 1: "Why are you here at 4am?" Day 2: Adopted/rescued pet Day 3: "p...